Nova
0 (0%)
Lux Fides Aeternum
1 (5.9%)
Sekira
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: January 25, 2015, 12:07:56 pm

Author Topic: Ship Name!  (Read 11444 times)

Offline KomiTsuku

Ship Name!
« on: January 11, 2015, 08:12:01 am »
Quote from: From Weekly Update #16
Nimross/Unnamed Raltin Ship- The last two are how you are gonna be getting around the universe! For our Katajions who remain loyal to the force, the Nimross is being repurposed by Sector Three Intelligence (by which I mean Director Doichu is totally stealing it from the Sector Eight Space). Though her crew may change, the bargain bin cruiser lives on. The Raltin ship is the royal ship bestowed upon Alexi by the emperor himself. Though it is small, no expense has been spared to make it anything less than a ship worthy of an agent of the emperor. Sadly, one thing was forgotten... It came with no name. Which is where you all come in!

Right now, we are taking suggestions for the name of the new investigation ship piloted on the rebel side! Next week we'll take the best suggestions and hold a vote on what the new ship should be named! Suggestions do need to be within the realms of socially acceptable and reasonable. Any suggestion like the “Mike Hawk” will be dropped.
The suggestion box is now open for the new ship in Rising Angels: Fates!

Offline magnaangemon01

Re: Ship Name!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 12:31:06 am »
The Ardent Flare
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Pal

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 12:36:56 am »
Really can't go wrong with Enterprise.

And what's wrong with Mike Hawk anyway?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 12:40:52 am by Pal »

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:29 am »
actually kinda liking mike hawk. rebellious.

Rudrigen

:D
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline IceFireMagi

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 04:56:02 am »
How about the Darklight? Or maybe the Skyblazer. Or maybe The RIS(Rebel investigation ship). Yeah the last one is kinda bland.
Will IceFire

Offline The Loli Assassin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 05:03:16 am »
I've always wanted to see more ships called Hyperion around, though names like Valkyrie, Durandal, and Orion are always good too.
"A large [enemy] fleet has been [detected]. They are fifteen miles away and headed in our direction. They are believed to have four battleships, eight cruisers, and a number of destroyers. This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can." - Ernest E. Evans, Commander, USS Johnston (DD-557)

Offline IceFireMagi

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 06:05:40 am »
I like how everyone has a different style when thinking of names. I just put two words together that try to relate to the ship, which in my eyes is very uncreative. If I had to pick a winner for today, it would be: #3, The Ardent Flare, #2, The Darklight (I'm biased), #1 Valkyrie.
Will IceFire

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »
What about the Nova?

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:58 am »
The Nova, or Supernova, is a great name because it sounds cool and spacey, but it opens it up to jokes about it being prone to getting blown up or otherwise breaking.

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:02 am »
Obviously it should be after the biggest and greatest titan-classed flagship: The TDN_Wheatbed.
Spoiler
Seriously, I'm just fooling
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Offline Megillot

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 11:21:21 am »
I'm not ready to pass a vote or make a suggestion on ship name yet. I need more information. Does Raltin Empire ship names follow some common philosophy or theme?
I don't even know after what Katajion Directorship ships are named. The only ship we know is Nimross - is it named after a person or a place? Quick search reveals that nimross is some kind of naga monster from Guild Wars 2. Are all Katajion ships named after mythical beasts? (The name somewhat fits with Natalie being an avid RPG gamer in any case.)

Offline IceFireMagi

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 02:44:32 pm »
I always thought of a stealth ship while choosing names cause it's an investigation ship.I dunno, they seem to fit together to me.
Will IceFire

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 02:39:49 am »
I'm really liking the names so far. The vote is going to be interesting!

The Nova, or Supernova, is a great name because it sounds cool and spacey, but it opens it up to jokes about it being prone to getting blown up or otherwise breaking.
Funny you should say that...

I'm not ready to pass a vote or make a suggestion on ship name yet. I need more information. Does Raltin Empire ship names follow some common philosophy or theme?
I don't even know after what Katajion Directorship ships are named. The only ship we know is Nimross - is it named after a person or a place? Quick search reveals that nimross is some kind of naga monster from Guild Wars 2. Are all Katajion ships named after mythical beasts? (The name somewhat fits with Natalie being an avid RPG gamer in any case.)
There is a traditional naming convention for Raltin ships. Most large capital ships are named after virtues of the imperial family. Smaller ships are named after locations in the Imperial core worlds or a combination of weapons and elements. The exception to this are ships owned by the Imperial Household, which are named by the official they are owned by. Since this is Vitar Alexis's ship, "she" (by which I mean you all) would name it instead.

Katajion Defense Force ships are all named by their original shipmaster. Since the force is very diverse, this leads to some rather insane and occasionally unpronounceable ship names and people using fleet callsigns to distinguish ships in battle operations. The KSS Nimross is secretly named after the British recon plane, the Nimrod. There are a lot of little things like that hidden around the universe.

Offline IceFireMagi

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 05:58:27 am »
What about The Sakira? That has a nice ring to it. It's Monday and we have around 15 suggestions already. That makes me happy ^v^
Will IceFire

Offline Coga

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 07:12:48 am »
Die Heldensagen/Die Heldenspiel or the Lux Fides Aeternum. Everything sounds cooler in German or Latin, I say  8)

Comedy options: Du Arsch or Pedicabo Ego Vos Et Irrumabo. Don't look up that last one when the kiddies are around  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:14:36 am by Coga »