Author Topic: Original Soundtrack  (Read 2671 times)

Offline DesertFox

Original Soundtrack
« on: January 18, 2015, 05:55:47 pm »
I'll be posting here with some information about the original soundtrack that is being created for MLD.

So, I've been a bit quieter on this front. Generally I'm quiet about the progress of the game since I'd like the majority of the content to remain a surprise for players, rather than give it all away. Apparently this means there are some aspects I haven't really discussed at all, which happens to include the music.

The soundtrack is being produced and created by one man - an individual who goes by Belgerum. He's a pretty talented individual and has managed so far to produce an OST that is a mix of orchestral work, RPG-style synth and visual-novel-style light pop/rock. I think it's all sounding pretty awesome and it gives the game a great atmosphere.

So to that end, here's the first preview of one of the game's tracks, titled 'Glory'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt8K_Zr73s4
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Arraxis

Re: Original Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:14 am »
Gotta say that I really like this track. I can see myself playing a game like Super Robot Wars to this. Do you think there will be some pieces that are more nationalistic in there, or inspired by them, or are you avoiding that sort of music?

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 02:12:19 pm »
I'll be posting here with some information about the original soundtrack that is being created for MLD.

So, I've been a bit quieter on this front. Generally I'm quiet about the progress of the game since I'd like the majority of the content to remain a surprise for players, rather than give it all away. Apparently this means there are some aspects I haven't really discussed at all, which happens to include the music.

The soundtrack is being produced and created by one man - an individual who goes by Belgerum. He's a pretty talented individual and has managed so far to produce an OST that is a mix of orchestral work, RPG-style synth and visual-novel-style light pop/rock. I think it's all sounding pretty awesome and it gives the game a great atmosphere.

So to that end, here's the first preview of one of the game's tracks, titled 'Glory'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt8K_Zr73s4

Not bad. Probably very fitting for gameplay or heavy-impact scenes, in that it lets you focus on what's going on while giving a good background.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:49 pm »
Gotta say that I really like this track. I can see myself playing a game like Super Robot Wars to this. Do you think there will be some pieces that are more nationalistic in there, or inspired by them, or are you avoiding that sort of music?
Yes, there will be some particular nationalistic tracks for different nations.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 10:55:58 pm »
Ahh, great to hear, I'd be disappointed since they can be so bombastic and epic in the literal sense of the word. Ack, now I'm imagining the Katyusha scene in Girls und Panzer except with Starin and Zhukov. Sad that copyright means it can't be in the official Western release, but that's when I just switch to fansubs for that episode!

Offline deComposer

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:03 am »
Pretty nice theme song, anymore spaces for another composer to come aboard? (a few of my sample tracks can be found on my introduce yourself page)
Trombones always win.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 11:05:40 am »
Pretty nice theme song, anymore spaces for another composer to come aboard? (a few of my sample tracks can be found on my introduce yourself page)
I can't seem to get any of those tracks working.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline deComposer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 12:41:37 am »
I can't seem to get any of those tracks working.

Oh, Sorry about that! Check them out again, the new mediafire links should be working.
Trombones always win.

Offline Belgerum

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 06:45:51 am »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 07:03:03 am »
I... think that the title may provide some context. I get the feeling Goebbels is going to go on a rampage.

Offline Pal

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:40 am »
Pal like. It's a fun and bouncy happy tune.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 05:27:47 pm »
It's been a while since I've posted here. The original soundtrack is being produced still and it all sounds great so far.

Here's a fun preview track, for scenes with yandere girls. Doesn't it sound sweet?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:29:57 pm by DesertFox »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games