Author Topic: Sunrider Liberation Day Beta 11 Released  (Read 7138 times)

Offline Vaendryl

Re: Sunrider Liberation Day Beta 11 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 07:24:39 pm »
Pretty sure we stopped using git because it was more trouble than it was worth.
LOL
Well it is your decision, but git is the best source control tool.
Cannot imagine how to do a coding properly for big things without possibility to roll back some changes.

Still glad to hear that source code will be available.
Hope the same will be for final release

The code is still on git but the repository is set to private. Anyone wanting to help would have to get invited first as an official collaborator which would also include signing a legal document. Since this is code of a commercial game legal matters are a bit more severe.
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 09:34:04 pm »
So, somehow I didn't receive the last beta in a mail like always. I checked the spam folder already. Is it a change in policy (I mean, I believe I got my beta from someone who had a spare copy due to the Iced-Blade KS, until I won one in the fanfiction contest, so I don't really know if I entered the criteria until now or juts slipped by) or a simple mistake?
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Drath

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 03:39:37 am »
So, somehow I didn't receive the last beta in a mail like always.

Yea I didn't get mine on yahoo mail either, which received beta 8, 9 and 10 (courtesy of the fanfic contest). But I did get beta 11 via patreon, sent to gmail. I actually kinda thought it was because I told Sam not to bother sending it twice, which is why he cut the yahoo one. Anyway, hope you get your copy soon.

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 12:05:06 pm »
Turns out I used the wrong excel spread the first time, hopefully everyone got it by now.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 06:22:43 am »
Turns out I used the wrong excel spread the first time, hopefully everyone got it by now.

Yup, thanks, got mine now.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Shirley

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 10:33:22 am »
Played it.

Very happy.

Very satisfied.

Worth the wait and the money I paid.

The things that I'm happy about but don't like to spoil....

Btw, battle engine worked fine with me.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Histidine

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 01:58:06 pm »
Why is Sola so deferential to Asaga all of a sudden?

My prediction (you heard it here first, folks)
If Asaga is the traitor, Sola will go with her. The story reason is because she must serve the Queen of Ryuvia blah blah blah, but the real reason is the gameplay one: ordinarily losing the Liberty would be much worse than losing the Black Jack, so the Chigara route means you lose the Seraphim as well to keep it balanced.

PS: Sunrider MIRV torpedo is hilariously OP.

Offline Douman

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 12:45:07 am »
Pretty sure we stopped using git because it was more trouble than it was worth.
LOL
Well it is your decision, but git is the best source control tool.
Cannot imagine how to do a coding properly for big things without possibility to roll back some changes.

Still glad to hear that source code will be available.
Hope the same will be for final release

The code is still on git but the repository is set to private. Anyone wanting to help would have to get invited first as an official collaborator which would also include signing a legal document. Since this is code of a commercial game legal matters are a bit more severe.

Just make license and everyone who uses your code must oblige to this license :)
Though maybe you use some very exotic license  ::)

Offline Drath

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 08:16:19 am »
Finished beta 11 two days ago but was a bit too occupied with work then to provide much input. Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything major. Thanks for the new classes.rpy, Vaen, that took care of the Gravity Gun bug perfectly.

Generally I've enjoyed beta 11 and I really feel that the story is building itself up to a momentous climax. The music in cutscenes is very well chosen as always and kicks the mood into high gear. There are issues that I would like to discuss further both in gameplay and the story, which will be detailed below. Bugs/issues which I feel may need correction/tweaking are highlighted in bold.

Gameplay:
Spoiler
On new ships
Alliance Infantry
I like the design of these and appreciate that they are stylistically similar but inferior to Paladin (300 dmg kinetics vs 400 kinetics), which makes good sense. Thumbs up from me for introducing some of these in battles and seeing more Alliance unit types.

Alliance Carrier
Wow these are crazy huge and slower than a slug to boot lol! Well I guess that's why we are given Union Battleships ;) I like the multiple kinetic concept which spreads the damage over 4 shots and makes damage output less of an all-or-nothing affair.
While the Repair tooltip states "restores 400hp to an adjacent ryder", in actual fact, the ability can be used to repair any friendly unit (not just ryders) and it has a reach of 3 hexes (not adjacent, which would be 1 hex). Either fix the ability or fix the tooltip. I would favor fixing the ability, making it ryder only (which would make sense for a carrier to have repair facilities for ryders) and needs to be adjacent.

Pre-battle 6 upgrades:
I really wanted to get double Seraphim kinetics as mentioned before but the last mission simply provided too little. :( On top of that I had to dial back Phoenix's EN pool to 145 (155 is a bit too costly now). As I haven't had a battle go past turn 7, I decided to go with more missiles for additional burst, increasing missile damage for Sunrider and Paladin and missile storage for Paladin. Also reduced Phoenix's melee EN cost (which actually didn't turn out very well and I probably should have taken something else). In retrospect I probably should have taken a few Sunrider missile EN cost upgrades. Didn't quite manage to squeeze in one more salvo during some turns, resulting in a good bit of energy wasted.
For Store purchases, I went with the Union Battleship for more actions per turn and more fun in punting enemy ships around. xD

Battle 6 (Cera):
Used 2FF, 4SRW, 1Res (on Blackjack) and ended up with 4k CP going into next battle. First off, I would like to say that I'm still not completely convinced that multiple orders in a turn are balanced, therefore I've kept it to 1 order per turn except for SRW as in previous battles.

I also don't think I handled this battle in the best way. That being said it's actually quite deceptively damaging. You face 6 Battleships here, placed to the far right, backed by Supports and Cruisers and appropriately screened by a varied assortment of ryders. This makes it very difficult to do significant damage to back rank units in turn 1, as they are well ensconced in overlapping shields and flak, all are units with considerable hps and you'll need to first devote your efforts on removing those screening ryders or you'll be facing heavy damage from Arcadii and Bombers. The first time I browsed the battle setup, I gave the positioning a silent nod of approval. It's one thing to describe the scenario in words. But to actually turn it into a viable battle that makes the player a part of it, is a step beyond in implementation and immersion. Nicely done!

It's very tempting to SRW Sunrider to the top right corner and rake all those back rank PACT units with a vertical VGC. With some help from Bianca and the Union Battleship, it's possible to catch the vast majority of enemy units in the blast. It's also really risky as I would need an additional 750CP to VGC, after initial placement via SRW and the PACT ryders don't really give you much on SW, except for Arcadius. After I had executed VGC, I would need another 1000CP via kills to warp Sunrider back to safety. Possibly doable if using missiles/rockets heavily on maimed and deflaked Battleships, but it might be cutting it really close.
I didn't feel terribly gutsy though and so ended up settling with the more staid and much less flashy "hit-and-run and then pack together" tactics.

Later on I learnt that we now have splash damage MIRV torpedoes which if combined with FlakOff, makes the whole warp and cannon affair a good deal easier to pull off.

I also learnt later on, that Summon Alliance Battleship allows you to place the Battleships anywhere on the map, which results in negating a good number of the tactical considerations earlier. They should rename it to Summon Alliance 'big burly bruiser assassin' as that's how I feel it currently operates. Basically you can make this a throwaway or soaker unit (if you choose to do so) that you can place anywhere for a considerable distraction and able to do significant damage to key enemy units. Before I knew this, I was really thinking that a summoned friendly Battleship would probably be placed somewhat nearby the bulk of your forces. Oh well...

Turn 1:
It is easy to just focus on the ryders in front and totally ignore the back rank units, but having 3 Supports wreck my defenses freely with 6 Battleships spamming rockets and missiles and an assortment of Cruiser lasers in the mix, is a recipe for disaster. Taking out a significant number of Battleships would be difficult for reasons stated above and so I decided I had to settle for killing Supports. Unfortunately my Seraphim was a bit too outmatched for the task at hand, so I had to think of something else. Those who come into this scenario with a heavily upgraded Seraphim, that has great accuracy and doubled kinetics may have a much easier time here in turn 1.

Took out 2 Supports by using SRW and Sunrider, maneuvering them into counters and finishing off with Assault. SRW Sunrider back to flak cover, tacked on FF and settled down to the task of getting rid of the ryder frontline. Lined up 4 counters on an Elite with Gravity Gun and 1 more assault finished the job. Repeated this on the other Elite with more Gunboats. Mooks were even simpler. Basically 1 Gravity Gun for 1 mook as between Sunrider, Phoenix and a Gunboat, no mook is surviving that. Alliance Cruisers on outer Bombers, followed up by Union Frigates and Gunboats. Inner Bombers destroyed with Ryuvian Falcon kinetics and lasers, finished off with Gunboats where necessary. Upper Arcadius tackled with Phoenix, lower Arcadius tackled with Sunrider missiles and Blackjack missiles after FlakOff. Remaining mooks dealt with by Alliance Cruiser missiles.

Managed to down 1 Battleship from long range via Seraphim kinetic, Paladin missiles x4 and Blackjack missiles. Essentially clear the middle, drag one of the Battleships away to remove Flak cover and FlakOff on target.

It bears repeating that while Cera Gunboats are not incredible offensive units, they are invaluable in flak defense and nowhere is it illustrated as starkly as in this battle, where you are facing multiple enemies with rockets and missiles. Having a fast unit with flak that you can reposition easily is simply a really potent defensive tool. However, if you have 5-6 rockets coming for you in turn 1, one of them is probably going to connect (statistically speaking) and that one which connects is likely to one-shot a ryder on higher difficulties. Had half a mind to try out Drawfire at first but dismissed the idea swiftly as Paladin wouldn't really fare any better. Anyhow, rockets and missiles were scattered all over the place across different units in this one, with Sunrider, Phoenix, Blackjack and even Cera Gunboats being targets and as the RNG would have it, Blackjack was 1-shotted by a rocket.
If I had allowed myself more than 1 order per turn, I would use All Guard at the end of the turn here and it's possible that I might have kept Blackjack, which would have made subsequent turns quite a bit easier.

Realized afterwards that the initial enemy positions present a fair opportunity to use MIRV torpedoes. With 1 FlakOff on an Arcadius, you can MIRV 5 frontline units quite reliably, though mooks really aren't a big threat so the value of this is questionable. Probably a better use of it is on the back row of heavier units, though these will likely require 3 FlakOffs and some repositioning by the Union Battleship to yield best results.

Turn 2:
Enemy reinforcements are all down below and need to be tackled immediately. I start to realize here that I have completely misplaced Phoenix, Blackjack and also Sunrider. Well as they say, hindsight is 20/20. Repositioned Sunrider for access to repairs and Atk Up. Resurrected Blackjack. Paladin takes out another of the middle Battleships with some help from Falcons and Gunboats. The focus in this turn is largely on the bottom group of 7 Fast Cruisers and most units head down this turn, using lasers and pulse to improve to-hit chances. The Alliance Carrier can probably take out one all by itself with just a kinetic. Sunrider pulse and missiles on deflaked Fast Cruisers helps clean up this group considerably. Phoenix and some of the Gunboats don't have much to do this turn, they finish up the crippled Battleship above and have to spend the rest of the turn heading down. Phoenix is too near enemy ships at the end of the turn and Battleships still have missiles, so I stealth her.

On ending turn, I eat another round of missiles and lasers from the back rank Battleships and Cruisers. No more rockets though thankfully so this turn isn't anywhere as damaging as the first. Most attacks are centered on Sunrider, which is well shielded and defended by flak, so things are under control.

Turn 3:
Massive enemy reinforcements coming into this turn. Renewed FF for the new units and resurrected Blackjack. Tricky to deal with both wings at once. Had to put down some calculations to make sure I had enough to deal with both sides.

Upper group: new Battleship and nearest Cruiser tackled by Paladin, Ryuvian Falcons and an Alliance Cruiser. Remaining new Cruiser dealt with by Union Battleship lasers and finished off by Gunboats. Sunrider pulse with Gunboat assaults take care of 2 Missile Frigates. Sunrider missiles claim 2 Destroyers. The other 2 are taken out with a mix of attacks (Blackjack laser/Seraphim kinetic + Union Frigate + Gunboat).

Lower group: Phoenix heads for this group and takes out an Arcadius and an Elite with some help from Bianca and Gunboats. Started with Frigate lasers and pulled one of those Elites into counters by Alliance Infantry. Finished off with Alliance Carrier assault. The remaining Elite I hit with Alliance Infantry kinetics and took down with more lasers and Gunboat assaults. Disable remaining Arcadius and retreat Phoenix into Gunboat flak cover.

Later on realized that this turn was also quite ideal for MIRV carnage, just like turn 1. 1 FlakOff on the Battleship and you can hit 7 units with 1 torpedo, after killing off the 2 Cruisers in front with kinetics, neatly clearing up the entire upper wave of reinforcements, which would save a ton of hassle. Riskier to try it on the reinforcements below as both Elites and Arcadii have significant flak but still possible if some FlakOffs applied beforehand.

Turn 4:
Lighter reinforcements this turn. At this engagement range and after having used up their rockets and missiles, PACT Battleships are not really much stronger than a regular Cruiser as both are now forced to depend on lasers (you're not hitting Phoenix with kinetics even if she's pretty near). So basically the idea in this turn is to mop up the Cruisers first (which are placed further in front and also easier to take out) and leave Battleships for later turns. Destroyer below and Cruisers handled by Alliance Carrier, Infantry, Sunrider and Blackjack. The top group of Cruisers are handled by Paladin, an Alliance Cruiser and the 2 Ryuvian Falcons in addition to Gunboat support. Phoenix mops up Arcadius and Supports below with some help from Bianca and Gunboats.
Double repairs on Sunrider. Made sure units doing good damage or having a sizable number of kills were supported with shields and damage sustained going into next turn was fairly minimal, despite all the Support debuffs.

Turn 5:
With most reinforcements down, I now focus the remaining Battleships. I drag one across the map with the Union Battleship, put it on Suppressive Fire and get the Alliance Carrier to pull off all 4 kinetic shots on it. Add on a few more kinetics and finish with Gunboat assaults. Another I target with Paladin and a Falcon and it goes down quite fast as well. The 3rd I ShieldJam, put in some initial damage from Seraphim and Union Frigates and finish it off with Blackjack pulses and a few Sunrider pulses. The 4th I bring down to half hps with other unused units.

Turn 6:
Just clean up here on the last Battleship and last couple of Supports. Nothing really to see.

While I don't believe this was a good attempt in terms of number of turns taken (6), all in all I still think I accomplished my objectives (getting full credits with no repairs and ending with full CP), so despite the earlier mess ups in terms of unit placement, I feel it still ended on a good note.

In summary, this was a well constructed battle from my point of view and quite intense and harrowing for the first few turns (if not using MIRV torpedoes or summons).

Things to discuss:
1)New Store items
a)MIRV torpedoes
Giving splash damage to the player is pretty much overkill IMHO and trivializes a good number of enemy reinforcement waves. This is further compounded by having an additional torpedo slot. Prefer removing this item outright or getting it at a very late stage or having it cost so much that the player is forced to choose between this or getting extra units. I think current forces are pretty strong as they are, which is why I asked for new enemy units in the beta 10 thread. It's always good to see new things implemented but this one is overboard (with some damage increase to missiles/rockets and Full Forward + Atk Up buffs, it's not unusual to see 2k damage rockets (before difficulty adjustments) and 3 FlakOffs per turn more or less guarantee that it will connect in most cases).

On that note, flak resistance values for missiles are not displayed anywhere in the upgrade screen. I believe it was +1 resistance per upgrade in MoA for both missiles and rockets. Returning players will probably be able to intuit this, but it's better to make everything clear for new players. If the returns were a bit better (say +2 per upgrade for rockets, but keep missiles at +1), I could see rocket players investing significantly in this as MIRV torpedoes hit like tidal waves.

b)Summon Alliance Battleship
As mentioned above, I think this store purchase would be quite reasonable if you could only place the Battleship in your area (the first 6 columns). Add 1 column per turn as turns progress. Having it placed anywhere, virtually guarantees 2150 damage (kinetic + 2 missiles) to key targets on turn 1 and 1500 damage per turn thereafter (and add another 20% to all that from Full Forward). Some increase in cost would be good too to prevent players from spamming a whole fleet of these. 2750-3000CP sounds reasonable to me, provided you have placement restrictions as above. With no placement restrictions, Vaen's 4k might be closer to the mark.

I haven't tried out the other store items much but at first glance the rest are probably not terribly unbalancing.
IMHO, what we need right now are stronger enemy units and scenarios involving map elements that favor the enemy, as the new store items (especially the 2 mentioned above) tips balance in favor of the player pretty heavily.

2)Amount of funds
We agreed to delay discussion on store Funds to beta 11, so I think it's time to bring it up again. Ended with 36.6k+ in funds after completing mission 6. Can I have Kayto buy some real estate on Cera once this is all over? Maybe we can have Sunrider Tycoon as the next spinoff :P

I strongly feel that store purchases should be similar in spirit to upgrades, as in the player doesn't have enough resources to secure everything he/she wants and so has to make some choices. Therefore it chafes on me that we are able to buy everything willy-nilly and still have roughly 7k left over after mission 6. Yes, that includes buying the MIRV torpedoes.

My stand is as before: Unless there is a huge Funds dump later in the story (say 25k or so), 20% of enemy destruction reward should go into Funds with the other 80% going into Intel (or make it 100% into Intel if you think it might be unbalancing). If people like a slider, that's fine, but it should be fixed within a fairly tight range. Or as Ender suggested, having a currency trade (perhaps 2 for 1).

Suggestion: Have the Union Battleship join Kayto's forces after Tydaria. Makes more sense then I think, that some ships might be interested to join the cause of their liberator. Mostly it's for balance purposes though as I don't think having a Union Battleship is necessary for battles 2-5. They simply aren't tough enough to warrant having extra units at that point.

Quick recap on previous bug/issue status:
Still present:
1)Shield Jam duration bug
2)Concurrent buffs expiring bug

Fixed:
1)Phoenix EN upgrade costs: I'm satisfied with Phoenix's current EN upgrades and believe no more tweaks are needed.
2)Drawfire: I'm also pleased with the armor reduction in Drawfire. At this level of armor, Paladin should still shrug off missiles like they weren't there and with some shielding, lasers should do little damage. She's still vulnerable to torpedoes though and sufficiently powerful kinetics can still do some damage.
3)Intel upgrade/downgrade discrepancies: These were present in beta10 but are now also fixed as far as I've tested (Intel totals and upgrade costs remain the same after increasing/decreasing upgrades)
4)Disable Lite: Currently this doubles ability use like attacks (except Phoenix's Stealth?) instead of reducing EN by half (and for 2 turns at that in the past), so movement is unimpeded. I guess that's a good way to configure it because the effect is now effectively removed by Bianca's Restore. It also makes it easier to run away if you can't shoot :P

Story:
Spoiler
Quite a bit of Chigara railroading in the last few betas, but especially so in this one. I didn't care much for the fanservice parts though I acknowledge that these are needed in a game such as this. Asaga's reaction to it, the blurred scene and the accompanying music hit me harder and was nicely pulled off. I hope there actually are some actual routes later (or at least some interesting choices) for the other girls, or those affection scores would be pointless. Seeing Ava sound defeated and saying that checking plans and being meticulous was all she was good for was a bit of a downer for me.

My primary worry at this point is that Liberation Day may turn out too short. There's just too many unanswered questions at this point and this is already the 2nd last beta.

1)Where's Cosette and Havoc and when are they coming into play? If they are going to be featured later, I really can't see them being involved in more than a battle or two as it's already pretty late.

2)Are we going to take the battle to Diode? Since that's where everything is. Will we actually get to the bottom of things. I don't mind having a few loose ends for a sequel or Sunrider 2, but I would prefer a certain degree of completeness to the story and have all major issues wrapped up, as this is the finale of the trilogy.

3)What about Icari's tale? Or Claude's story? And that Emperor of Ryuvia arc? Yea quite a few things still left to be told. Finally character epilogues. Hoping affection scores and/or the decisions you made can at least alter some of these.

I also hope we get more decisions and branched paths (we've had save Cosette/Havoc and get Falcon so far).

On top of that there's still Japanese voice acting and other things to add.

Hope you can stretch it a bit longer, to add in some spice as you did with Sunrider Academy and put in all that you've envisioned. The game deserves it and so do you.

All the best Sam and Vaen and have a very merry Christmas! :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 05:01:29 pm by Drath »

Offline Histidine

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2015, 07:50:02 pm »
Just remembered one thing that got lost in the MoA -> LD transition:

The starmap isn't much of a loss, but what happened to the parts where you could wander around the ship and talk to the girls? That gave room for neat slice-of-life scenes (of a sort) to build their character, and also made places to have affection-modifying dialog choices (something we barely had any of in LD; perhaps because the plot and characters are maturing at this stage in the story but still).

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2015, 12:54:04 pm »
It was cut gradually throughout the series, and removed in LD for good. It limited the narrative too much to just Kayto's perspective and confined the setting to just the ship. I'd say about 40% of Liberation Day now consists of conversations not involving Kayto or taking place outside the ship, and some of the most important scenes in the game do not involve Kayto as a participant.

Offline Drath

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2015, 02:13:39 pm »
More on Union Battleship availability:
Spoiler
Had a bit more time to mess around after work, went through library.rpy and saw the following:
Code: [Select]
class ContractUnionBattleship(StoreItem):
            self.visibility_condition = "store.mission5_complete == True"

Seems like Samu-kun did really mean for the Battleship to be recruitable after 5th mission, which makes good sense. The code doesn't seem to be working though as you can hire a Union Battleship in beta 11, right after the first battle.

Seems like the flags for mission completion are first set in init.rpy:
            self.mission5_complete = False

However when I tried to get the game to print the following variables (store.mission5_complete, self.mission5_complete, mission5_complete) all these came out as undefined and crashed the game. Tried to set the variables above in init.rpy but to no avail. Not sure at this point if it's really called.

Later on in script.rpy I saw:
    $ mission5_complete = True
once mission 5 is completed

So I decided to just put a:
    $ mission5_complete = False
in script.rpy before assessing the store

and changed the part in library.rpy to:
            self.visibility_condition = "mission5_complete == True"

Seems to work ok now and you won't see the Union Battleship until after mission 5 is done.

Other interesting things I found out from browsing the store section of library.rpy:
Spoiler
1)Ongessite Liquid Fuel and Ongessite Injection Rods availability appear dependent on truth at Ongess
Using (store.OngessTruth == False and not OngessTruth) as flags

2)Cloaking Field Generator!! appears dependent on Icari's affection (and you do need lots for it)
Basically if you saved the diplomats, your chances of getting this are going to be really low unless you save Cosette/Havoc and do everything else in favor of Icari
If you didn't save the diplomats, your chances of getting this is almost assured, as you need only 1 more decision in favor of Icari

I actually didn't see this item during my actual playthrough. Went back through my decisions and found I was 1 affection away. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It's good design to have something to counterbalance the extra Versta mission (and therefore extra Intel and Funds) you get from saving the diplomats.

These are again all nice touches which show that previous decisions do indeed have impact on current gameplay!

P/S - On Cloaking
Spoiler
(thanks for including it, though I seriously meant for the enemy to have it lol. Be brutal!! It's the last part of the trilogy and after 2 episodes I figure people would have improved their skills somewhat, so I would go balls to the wall with the last few battles xD )

EDIT1:
Tackling Victory screen bugs mentioned earlier:
Spoiler
Checked screens custom.rpy and found
    if store.Difficulty == 5:
        text 'space whale tax: {}$'.format(int(store.net_gain * 0.25))

Rechecked screens custom.rpy in beta 10 and it seems you were right Vaen. Nothing was really different. The constant is still 0.25, not 0.20. However the tax was indeed correctly displayed at 20% in beta 10. I changed the tax to 50% (0.5) in screens custom.rpy in beta 10, reran beta 10 and again it was 20%. So that part of the code doesn't go through screens custom.rpy?

Checked with beta 11, changing the tax to 50% in screens custom.rpy and this time it did indeed display tax at 50% in the Victory screen. So I guess it's a matter of the old screens custom.rpy in beta 10 not working properly?

Anyway since it's now working properly in beta 11, the only question is should tax be 25% (as per Victory Screen) or 20% (as per classes.rpy and MoA). Space Whale is tough enough that I don't feel qualified to speak for other players attempting it, but for myself, I believe I should be ok with either case (though I favor markedly reducing Funds first to increase difficulty rather than fiddling with tax). Might have to do rocket spamming if it's 25% tax though. We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 05:37:15 pm by Drath »

Offline Sergu440

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2015, 11:51:59 am »
Then will it be avaliable on Steam? We are eager to translate it :)
It was the grape juice, sergeant! Five or six years ago!

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2015, 12:13:50 pm »
More on Union Battleship availability:
Spoiler
Had a bit more time to mess around after work, went through library.rpy and saw the following:
            self.visibility_condition = "store.mission5_complete == True"

Seems like Samu-kun did really mean for the Battleship to be recruitable after 5th mission, which makes good sense. The code doesn't seem to be working though as you can hire a Union Battleship in beta 11, right after the first battle.

Seems like the flags for mission completion are first set in init.rpy:
            self.mission5_complete = False

However when I tried to get the game to print the following variables (store.mission5_complete, self.mission5_complete, mission5_complete) all these came out as undefined and crashed the game. Tried to set the variables above in init.rpy but to no avail. Not sure at this point if it's really called.

Later on in script.rpy I saw:
    $ mission5_complete = True
once mission 5 is completed

So I decided to just put a:
    $ mission5_complete = False
in script.rpy before assessing the store

and changed the part in library.rpy to:
            self.visibility_condition = "mission5_complete == True"

Seems to work ok now and you won't see the Union Battleship until after mission 5 is done.

Other interesting things I found out from browsing the store section of library.rpy:
Spoiler
1)Ongessite Liquid Fuel and Ongessite Injection Rods availability appear dependent on truth at Ongess
Using (store.OngessTruth == False and not OngessTruth) as flags

2)Cloaking Field Generator!! appears dependent on Icari's affection (and you do need lots for it)
Basically if you saved the diplomats, your chances of getting this are going to be really low unless you save Cosette/Havoc and do everything else in favor of Icari
If you didn't save the diplomats, your chances of getting this is almost assured, as you need only 1 more decision in favor of Icari

I actually didn't see this item during my actual playthrough. Went back through my decisions and found I was 1 affection away. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. It's good design to have something to counterbalance the extra Versta mission (and therefore extra Intel and Funds) you get from saving the diplomats.

These are again all nice touches which show that previous decisions do indeed have impact on current gameplay!

P/S - On Cloaking
Spoiler
(thanks for including it, though I seriously meant for the enemy to have it lol. Be brutal!! It's the last part of the trilogy and after 2 episodes I figure people would have improved their skills somewhat, so I would go balls to the wall with the last few battles xD )

EDIT1:
Tackling Victory screen bugs mentioned earlier:
Spoiler
Checked screens custom.rpy and found
    if store.Difficulty == 5:
        text 'space whale tax: {}$'.format(int(store.net_gain * 0.25))

Rechecked screens custom.rpy in beta 10 and it seems you were right Vaen. Nothing was really different. The constant is still 0.25, not 0.20. However the tax was indeed correctly displayed at 20% in beta 10. I changed the tax to 50% (0.5) in screens custom.rpy in beta 10, reran beta 10 and again it was 20%. So that part of the code doesn't go through screens custom.rpy?

Checked with beta 11, changing the tax to 50% in screens custom.rpy and this time it did indeed display tax at 50% in the Victory screen. So I guess it's a matter of the old screens custom.rpy in beta 10 not working properly?

Anyway since it's now working properly in beta 11, the only question is should tax be 25% (as per Victory Screen) or 20% (as per classes.rpy and MoA). Space Whale is tough enough that I don't feel qualified to speak for other players attempting it, but for myself, I believe I should be ok with either case (though I favor markedly reducing Funds first to increase difficulty rather than fiddling with tax). Might have to do rocket spamming if it's 25% tax though. We'll see.

I should have the battle ending function increase a mission counter or something. this may prove useful for other things too. setting missionX_complete after every battle manually goes against my coding principles xD (not that I don't break those myself all the time whenever convenient)

I chose an affection level of 5 because I saw that in my case I had 7 points, so it seemed like an okay enough value to tie an item to. I didn't even particularly tried to make her like me either. I didn't specifically tried to balance the upgrade with previous missions and just felt it'd be cool to tie ryder upgrades to their affection level. feels like something inexplicable that'd be typical in a romance game that has these points... but I like your interpretation a lot better! :D
ended up a good thing too as there are a few bugs related to cloaking anyway.

victory screen calculates most of the values independent of the battle ending function, as I couldn't think of a good way to pass of the values to the screen at the time, which was ages ago. never felt like doing it properly since... I really should have another look at the victory screen one day. adding intel gains would be nice for one  ::) no idea why it says 0.25 though, as tax has always been 20%

Then will it be avaliable on Steam? We are eager to translate it :)
I've been assuming LibDay will be going on steam at final release so far.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:18:24 pm by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9