Author Topic: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!  (Read 11985 times)

Offline DesertFox

OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!
« on: February 25, 2015, 02:55:45 pm »
This topic is for information on the Kickstarter and demo for Over The Hills And Far Away. The link to the KS is the image below!

Plot
The War of 1812. The Northwest Frontier. William Aubrey, a rogue redcoat of the once-glorious 41st Regiment of Foot, is on the run. Wounded and tired, he seeks shelter during a thunderstorm inside an abandoned barn. But when he gets there, he finds he’s not alone. A young Shawnee girl, named Mai, is hiding from the rain too. Bleeding out and not wanting to brave the fierce winds outside, Aubrey decides to put up with her until the rains let up. Over the course of the story, the two of them get over their general anxiety and indifference for one another, slowly bonding to become friends. But will their friendship outlast the rains; when both return to the bloodshed and the outside world?

Characters
William Aubrey - A disgraced British soldier that has deserted his regiment and is on the run from the enemy. Originally pressed into service, it is his intention to escape the war and find his own place to call home. Rough around the edges, often gambling and fighting, he has made several enemies during his service. Despite his crass and rough nature, he is a good person deep down and ultimately does what is right. The protagonist, you play from his perspective.

Mai - A mysterious young Native American Shawnee girl. A quiet, cool character on the surface but with something more going on underneath. Despite being separated from her family by the recent war, she is determined to find them again. Even though she has a serious and somewhat wise atmosphere, she is simply an innocent girl that acts older than she is.

Warin Jackson - An American turncoat and bandit. A thug and a nasty character, he is tracking Aubrey over the course of the story to settle old debts.

Info
Once again for this game, we've gone through Collateral Damage Studios who are producing the artwork for the demo and the completed game should the Kickstarter be a success. As for music, we've been in touch with Seycara Music and Arts, in particular deComposer from here on the forums, who have agreed to work some prerelease tracks for a demo. Based on the success of a Kickstarter, we're hoping for some live orchestral tracks from the production group to really give the game its own atmosphere. Combining the talents of these various individuals, we're really hoping to create an awesome nakige visual novel.

For rewards, we're currently looking at the following:

• Original HD Wallpapers
  • Full edition of Over The Hills And Far Away
  • A digital download of the live orchestra version of the soundtrack
  • A limited-edition Over The Hills And Far Away poster
  • A limited-edition Over The Hills And Far Away t-shirt
  • An Over The Hills And Far Away 150x50cm wall banner
  • A special image of one of the game's characters giving you a personal thank you message
  • Billing in the credits
  • Special Concept Artwork not available to other backers
  • Behind the scenes progress on future projects

And others... although a dakimakura didn't feel right considering the game's content .__.

The Kickstarter is now live so please back at the link above!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:16:00 am by DesertFox »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline DesertFox

Re: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:15:27 pm »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:30:03 pm »
The way we see a glimpse of the girl, and not her full body, makes her seem a bit older than she is. The way the text states that their story is just beginning makes it seem like a romance.

I will promptly begin shipping them.

In all seriousness, a nice trailer. The music and art are quite nice.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »
Wait, this is gonna be a new game by you guys?

And others... although a dakimakura didn't feel right considering the game's content .__.

There are Daki's for Clannad, Titans, and...spider ladies..

Spoiler

Though, I have not seen anything else or know anything else about this project, so yeah.

FOUND IT!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 05:55:47 am »
Spoiler
She's so cute! My fear of spiders probably wouldn't help the hypothetical relationship, but my love of strange monster girls might be able to balance it out. Hard to say.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 06:52:06 am »

Spoiler
She is from a fan-service series, however.
Click here for my games giveaway thread」 (Last Updated: August 18, 2017)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 06:53:32 am »
She's so cute! My fear of spiders probably wouldn't help the hypothetical relationship, but my love of strange monster girls might be able to balance it out. Hard to say.
[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda agree, but since female spiders eat their mates I don't wanna touch her/date her.....

Spoiler
She is from a fan-service series, however.

I know this, but still, Clannad....

Oh, and that Manga is getting an anime shortly.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 08:03:19 am »
Yeah, I kinda agree, but since female spiders eat their mates I don't wanna touch her/date her.....
Nah, I seem to remember it been explained somewhere that in Okayado's setting(s), Arachne don't do things like consume their mates.

I think virtually all of the official ones are of fairly tame SFW nature. Though by that merit, SFW daki covers may be viable?

Yeah, some time in July. I'm looking forward to it.
Click here for my games giveaway thread」 (Last Updated: August 18, 2017)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 02:35:08 pm »
Nah, I seem to remember it been explained somewhere that in Okayado's setting(s), Arachne don't do things like consume their mates.

So...I can??

Spoiler

I think virtually all of the official ones are of fairly tame SFW nature. Though by that merit, SFW daki covers may be viable?

Hmmmmmmmmmm....yeah, it's kinda hard to find the official ones.

Yeah, some time in July. I'm looking forward to it.

Indeed, I haven't been following it too much, but it seems like it would be fun to watch!

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »
I had no idea it was getting an anime. Haven't read much of the manga, but I do recall checking out a bit of it a while back, now that it's been mentioned. I may have to watch a bit when it airs.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 09:31:08 pm »
You guys really know how to derail a topic  :-X
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:36:48 pm »
I'll just go on the record by saying that I was completely uninvolved with the above shenanigans and am uninterested in a daki :D. Although one of the redcoat main character would be funny. Especially if the reverse side was a depersoned version instead of declothed. Oh how I love you imperialist uniforms... ahem, looking forward to seeing the KS for this!

Offline Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2015, 09:57:37 pm »
Especially if the reverse side was a depersoned version instead of declothed. Oh how I love you imperialist uniforms... ahem, looking forward to seeing the KS for this!
A uniform fetishist? Nice. *thumbs up emote here*

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:35 pm »
It just means we like the thread and want to give it more of our love in the form of posts, of course.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 03:29:11 am »

We haven't even gotten to the "cheese" topic on the spam thread.

A uniform fetishist? Nice. *thumbs up emote here*

Much yes to this!