Author Topic: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!  (Read 12033 times)

Offline DesertFox

Re: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 10:46:01 pm »
Thank you for all the support so far guys!

Day 1 and the game's reached £224.00. That's pretty awesome :3
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2015, 09:25:12 am »
Oh, so the Euro is just horrible to the Australian dollar. OK, just making sure :D. Well, the US dollar is kicking our collective arses right now, too. Why does everything I buy have to be imported? lol
And the markup from buying imported good via local distributors are usually much, much worse. One look at Nendoroid and Figma at an average price of AUD$100~ (and that was even back when AUD$1 = USD$0.9, not AUD$1 = USD$0.76), and I go run screaming back to AmiAmi/Nippon-Yasan/Solaris/etc.
Click here for my games giveaway thread」 (Last Updated: August 18, 2017)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »
Oh, so the Euro is just horrible to the Australian dollar. OK, just making sure :D. Well, the US dollar is kicking our collective arses right now, too. Why does everything I buy have to be imported? lol
And the markup from buying imported good via local distributors are usually much, much worse. One look at Nendoroid and Figma at an average price of AUD$100~ (and that was even back when AUD$1 = USD$0.9, not AUD$1 = USD$0.76), and I go run screaming back to AmiAmi/Nippon-Yasan/Solaris/etc.

You say that so casually...LOL!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 12:00:28 pm »
You say that so casually...LOL!
Casually?

Maybe I wasn't conveying my point clearly enough, but I was complaining that imported goods via local distributors are so ridiculously marked up (AUD$100~ each for Nendoroid/Figma that are still only AUD$50~ each imported, including combined postage when split between 2-or-more figures) that I'd rather just import directly... Even with the value of the Australian dollar down the gutter.

... At least we still don't have ridiculous import tax, for goods under AUD$1,000... Yet...

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 03:00:48 am »
Amiami's good for deals - they steal much of my money via figures. I do buy some things local, though, because I like to support places like [email protected] just for trying to cater to us, even if the environment means they have to charge more to be profitable.

Anyway, back on topic, Desertfox just did an interview in regards to this, if people are interested in checking that out - http://vnsnow.com/2015/04/vns-now-talks-to-war-girl-games-about-their-new-kickstarter-my-little-dictator/

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 05:23:38 am »
I agree with all of the things Fox stated. Proper communication and good budgeting are the keys to success, after something like a Kickstarter, and Fox has done a wonderful job with both.

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:17 pm »
Anyway, back on topic, Desertfox just did an interview in regards to this, if people are interested in checking that out - http://vnsnow.com/2015/04/vns-now-talks-to-war-girl-games-about-their-new-kickstarter-my-little-dictator/
Ohhh... Good find.

VNs Now: There have been a few public incidents involving visual novels that have gone through the Kickstarter process including issues with communication between backers and developers and developer teams mismanaging the funds they raised.
*cough* Dysfunctional Systems *cough*

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:17 pm »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline deComposer

Trombones always win.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2015, 05:59:34 am »
We're up to £869.00 so far!

Here are some cool articles we've had:

http://advance.vnovel.com/2015/04/over-the-hills-and-far-away-demo-review/

http://www.thisisxbox.com/tix-crowdfunding-spotlight-issue-6/

I have a board game...that is supposed to be like an anime/VN...but it fails miserably....
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2015, 12:17:33 pm »
I'm back from a brief holiday and the project is currently at £1,249.00!

Things tend to slow down in the middle of a campaign so I'm not too worried at this stage, but I'm continuing to answer interviews and put out press releases, so slowly the game is getting more coverage.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Shirley

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 04:25:14 am »
I'm back from a brief holiday and the project is currently at £1,249.00!

Things tend to slow down in the middle of a campaign so I'm not too worried at this stage, but I'm continuing to answer interviews and put out press releases, so slowly the game is getting more coverage.

Did you...let everyone on steam know? (stupid question....)

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 06:45:00 pm »
I believe so.

On that note, OTHAFA has been greenlit on Steam!
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:08 pm »
I believe so.

Yay!

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Shirley

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2015, 04:59:24 am »

SoWEEEEEEET!!!!