Author Topic: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!  (Read 11984 times)

Offline Ledabot

Re: OTHAFA Kickstarter Thread!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 11:54:23 pm »
If this fails, I'll still send a hug over the wires....

*hug*

It would look something like that.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2015, 12:45:26 pm »
I really hope it gets enough backers by the end of the kickstarter.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 05:44:42 pm »
The money is willing, the wallet is weak.

Praise by onto the almighty Kickstarter gods.

We can still do this.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 01:48:11 pm »
Will the game still happen if this doesn't go through? How will this affect development of My Little Dictator?

Also, not sure if this was posted yet or not, but a nice interview about the game just went up here - http://femhype.com/2015/04/29/native-to-the-northwest-frontier-interviewing-desertfox-on-over-the-hills-and-far-away/ - asks some different questions compared to others which was refreshing. More information is always better, and DesertFox seems to be pretty good at being interviewed, too.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 02:17:07 pm by Arraxis »

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 03:56:56 pm »
That just makes me want to see it succeed more. Especially talking about the characters, their prejudices, and how they'd move past them. A shame we're still so far away. There's still a chance, however small, that we can make it.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2015, 09:12:40 pm »
Our 'Over The Hills And Far Away' Kickstarter ended unsuccessfully having raised £2,051.00 of the main goal. Thank you to everyone who supported this game throughout the campaign. Stay tuned for more news on the future of this game's development!
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Pal

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2015, 09:23:53 pm »
Sorry it didn't go so well. :-X

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 05:41:33 am »
It's a shame we didn't make it. It wouldn't have taken all that much money, in the end. I guess word just didn't spread fast enough. I hope this still manages to get created some day. Don't let this failure get you down; you had good ideas, just bad luck.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 06:46:46 am »
Yea, it's a shame.

I'll be honest though, since I saw the kickstarter page I had an inkling this project wouldn't succeed. After the first week, where it seemed it had piqued up steam I hoped I would be wrong, but, well, can't win at everything.

If anything, I think that this kickstarter can tell us a lot of things.

DestertFox, if you don't mind, how much do you think all that European MOSS bullcr*p affected it? A lot, not much, etc? Think that might been one of the deciding factors?
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2015, 05:17:15 am »
Signal boost to say - Over The Hills And Far Away will be continuing production this summer!

We found a way to sort out the budget, and so the artwork and orchestral soundtrack will be produced over June and July, hopefully in time for a July/August release of OTHAFA on Steam! This is great news, and it means we're getting CGs, a full orchestral live soundtrack, vocal track, and hopefully it'll mean that an awesome game is up and out there!

Keep in touch and check out the other thread and our social media for MLD progress, but that's such a huge project now that to get a smaller one like OTHAFA out there to show off WarGirl's work - well, it's just an awesome thing!

Thanks for all the support as always and if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to let me know :P
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2015, 05:21:47 am »
Signal boost to say - Over The Hills And Far Away will be continuing production this summer!

We found a way to sort out the budget, and so the artwork and orchestral soundtrack will be produced over June and July, hopefully in time for a July/August release of OTHAFA on Steam! This is great news, and it means we're getting CGs, a full orchestral live soundtrack, vocal track, and hopefully it'll mean that an awesome game is up and out there!

Keep in touch and check out the other thread and our social media for MLD progress, but that's such a huge project now that to get a smaller one like OTHAFA out there to show off WarGirl's work - well, it's just an awesome thing!

Thanks for all the support as always and if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to let me know :P

Those are happy news, though I'm afraid to wonder which internal organ you had to sold to reach the budget...

Well, no matter what, I think everyone will look forward to OTHAFA.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Shirley

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2015, 10:18:36 pm »
Glad to hear it.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2015, 11:34:10 pm »
I'd like to know how you managed to sort out the budget. Real world job? Publisher deal? A wealthy philanthropist? No-one gets money until the game starts selling? Best of luck with development, though!

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2015, 02:47:37 pm »
Hooray!

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death