Author Topic: Ship Builder now available, accepting contributors up until March 31!  (Read 11993 times)

Offline Helrouis

At last, the ship builder's done! (requires flash player)
If you're an existing backer who have filled up the portrait and ship role forms already, please email us a screenshot of your ship at [email protected] . And to anyone who's interested in joining, just follow the instructions there, or if you have any questions, just drop it here or at email/web contact form.

Check the entire Indiegogo update here for demo progress screenshots:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sierra-ops-a-space-sci-fi-action-rpg/x/6041733#activity
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:21:39 pm by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Arraxis

Re: Ship Builder now available, accepting contributors up until March 31!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:07:10 pm »
Enjoyed messing around with that - quite like what I ended up with, although I look forward to seeing what it looks like when everything's been put together properly and seeing how it looks in action.

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 01:46:45 pm »
The ships may appear differently in game due to lighting by the way!
(Updated Sierra sprite in attachment)
Web/Game Developer
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 07:08:01 am »
Most glorious.  Say hello to the "High King."

Gorchnik sadly wasn't a backer and cannot provide any additional support at this time but it was fun nevertheless.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:38:09 am by Lord Gorchnik »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 08:47:28 am »
The 'High King' is a glorious ship, truly worthy of my Lord. I shall upload the prototype of Sera's ship, the 'Atlas'. The final one will be similar to this in style, but I'll save that for when the game's further along.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »
The lighting is a little wonky on the new sprites, at least to my taste. And the Sierra kinda loses some cool points with the new sprite, but it's not bad.

The ship creator is kinda fun to tamper, but I didn't know you were still searching for contributors. At this time I cannot provide support like our Lord, but if things go well maybe I can do something at the end of March (a very big maybe though, as the 30st of March would be a very tight deadline for me).

And the High King is really almost as majestuous as our Lord. The Atlas looks like a powerful Juggernaut too. Can I ask how many captains there are on the UTV and how many on the Martian side?

The idea of the Martians as bonus bosses is kinda eat, even if I'm afraid it may skew the balance a little (if you found one early that will destroy you in 10 seconds, or if in later playthroughs you destroy them and make the story battle too easy, etc).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:08:13 pm »
To the best of my knowledge there's more UTV captains than Martians, at least in the higher tier areas. The IGG campaign doesn't specify which faction for the base tier, however, so it might be a question that can only be answered after everyone's gotten back to Hel with their designs and characters.

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:14:46 pm »
The lighting is a little wonky on the new sprites, at least to my taste. And the Sierra kinda loses some cool points with the new sprite, but it's not bad.
The shading on the sprites' just a hand drawn thing, but in the game, it's the game lighting will affect them.
As for the sprite, the previous Sierra barely has enough hard points to arm it with weapons, and the new ship designs which were submitted this week's really good quality, making Sierra look smaller in comparison and lacking detail. (Same dilemma with the other ship backer designs, we had to improve the heroines! lol)

The ship creator is kinda fun to tamper, but I didn't know you were still searching for contributors. At this time I cannot provide support like our Lord, but if things go well maybe I can do something at the end of March (a very big maybe though, as the 30st of March would be a very tight deadline for me).

And the High King is really almost as majestuous as our Lord. The Atlas looks like a powerful Juggernaut too. Can I ask how many captains there are on the UTV and how many on the Martian side?

The idea of the Martians as bonus bosses is kinda eat, even if I'm afraid it may skew the balance a little (if you found one early that will destroy you in 10 seconds, or if in later playthroughs you destroy them and make the story battle too easy, etc).
At the moment we have...
UTV:
5 Elite
5 Non-Elite
2 Crew only members

Ares:
1 Elite
2 Non-Elite

We definitely need more Martians! And as for the game balance vs Non-Elite Ares Captains, you don't have to worry about that. They're not part of the main storyline and more of the side missions.
Web/Game Developer
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:52:57 pm »
Eh, if it looks better later then perfect, though I admit that I'll miss the side view

And the elites are the ones at the 500$ tier at the indiegogo campaign, right? (it's kinda impressive you have almost as many elites as non-elites)
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 02:08:35 am »
Honestly I'm impressed that there are so much more people signing on with the UTV than with Ares. I guess people are more receptive to the idea of being able to recruit their characters rather than fight them. Do you have an idea of how these Extra Bosses will compare with story mandated encounters, like the dreadnoughts Leviathan and Behemoth?

Offline Pal

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 03:05:41 am »
I still want to make a red team char... >_>

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 04:22:39 am »
Ares already has a Char, though - the Masked Admiral :D. Although, that does set a precedent for some other masked ace... You should make something anyway, Pal, and post it! See what things people are capable of making.

Offline Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 04:27:50 am »
Should I go for over the top, or more "normal?"

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 04:58:58 am »
Why not both? Why limit yourself to just posting one? :P

Offline Pal

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 05:04:53 am »
Focus fire on target, hard to focus 2 at once. :P