Author Topic: Ship Builder now available, accepting contributors up until March 31!  (Read 12266 times)

Offline Arraxis

Re: Ship Builder now available, accepting contributors up until March 31!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 05:13:50 am »
Alright, in that case, go full ham. Let's see how far you can push it. lol

Offline Pal

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 05:16:40 am »
In that case, I'd just need to readjust my coc char... >_>

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 05:31:48 am »
I've seen the CoC characters. They scare me more than Hastur. If you actually intend to have a character for the game, though, best go with realistic, since that's the direction the game is going. Ham is for OOC stuff :D

Offline Pal

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 05:32:28 am »
XD

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Youko

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »
Allow me to just say it is in canon for the Ares to have quite a few erratic individuals as Captains.

Sure, a bunch of them are sensible, but if you're gonna go for ham, I suggest going for the pirate or merc way.

Either way, it's up to you. Just putting all that out there.

>w>...

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 11:46:44 pm »
Allow me to just say it is in canon for the Ares to have quite a few erratic individuals as Captains.

Sure, a bunch of them are sensible, but if you're gonna go for ham, I suggest going for the pirate or merc way.

Either way, it's up to you. Just putting all that out there.

>w>...

Actually, if my plans go right and I'm able to participate at the last minute, my plan is to somehow make an eccentric-yet-sensible-in-a-way captain
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 03:54:29 pm »
After hearing about some of the captains, I feel like I've probably got the most sensible Captain - and she's kind of forced into the role, too. Seriously, role model for sanity, right here :P

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 03:57:39 pm »
I've seen the CoC characters. They scare me more than Hastur.
Hey, mine's perfectly normal, it's everyone else that's crazy.

I am the only sane person in the world. The only one. EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET ME
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:59:57 pm by Elvis Strunk »

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »
I don't remember yours, but I don't trust you from what I saw of you in AdEva :P. But yes, there were a few normal characters for CoC, and the craziest one definitely wasn't you. Regardless, hope you're all having fun/will have fun!

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 12:21:30 am »
After hearing about some of the captains, I feel like I've probably got the most sensible Captain - and she's kind of forced into the role, too. Seriously, role model for sanity, right here :P

Oh, does Sera have an interesting story?

Judging from your posts I almost expected a "Liberta Ares!!" zealot, no offence intended.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Youko

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 04:31:38 pm »

Judging from your posts I almost expected a "Liberta Ares!!" zealot, no offence intended.

As someone who thought the same before I helped Arraxis lay out Sera, I don't blame you. lol

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 04:53:35 pm »

As someone who thought the same before I helped Arraxis lay out Sera, I don't blame you. lol

So the elites's privileges extend even to getting help from the game's writer in laying out their characters...

Such is Mars meritocracy...

Offline Youko

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 07:24:33 pm »

So the elites's privileges extend even to getting help from the game's writer in laying out their characters...

Such is Mars meritocracy...

It's more like complain enough to Hel to the point where we're all in a skype chat together and happen to get onto the topic of character creation. Bonuses include: spoiler cookies and samples of styles' hilarious hammy writing.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 10:53:20 pm »
None taken! I just enjoy being zealous in support of Ares OOC and being a little silly. Also, I support Zeon in Gundam, and there are some similarities between the two, though they are definitely two separate factions. If I'm being serious, I'd rather make a character who has more going for them than a snappy salute. Shouting 'Libertas Ares' is fun here, but I want a more nuanced character, and I'm sure players would get bored if that's all there was. Youko helped out more with getting the ship to fit in with the universe than with character creation, although she and Hel were both good at being a sounding board for ideas and helping to explain the setting. Otherwise she's pretty much the same as I envisioned her.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 06:45:18 pm »
Youko helped out more with getting the ship to fit in with the universe than with character creation,

Oh? There is some kind of particularity with the Atlas? The prototype looks like a typical juggernaut so i assumed it would be a hit-hard, tough defences with a life bar the size of a planet boss.