Author Topic: Steins;gate Zero - Okabe's Super Happy Fun time with Time Travel  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Geocorn

Re: Steins;gate Zero - Okabe's Super Happy Fun time with Time Travel
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 08:12:39 pm »
and who knows how long those of us who don't want to spend hundreds on a worthless console have to wait :/

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 09:07:46 pm »
By virtue of deeming this a worthwhile game to purchase, you invalidate your statement claiming the console is worthless! And i am curious as to which you are referring. It's out on Vita and PS4 at least, if not PS3 too.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 09:40:52 pm »
I do everything on PC, no consoles have worth to me, I"m not just talking about Sony. So, I'd be paying a few hundred dollars for the sole purpose of playing SG0, I can't afford that :( I know a used Vita would be cheaper but that's still a lot of money to play just one game no matter how epic. I won't mind paying full price though once it finally gets a PC release, just hate the waiting lol.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 02:20:57 am »
I'd say the worth is in the availability to play it sooner, then. You can wait if you wish, but in the long run I think it's better not to (at least for me)

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 02:59:10 pm »
At last, we have news on the anime release date.
https://www.facebook.com/170005497078632/videos/170006503745198/

According to this new trailer, the anime will begin in April of 2018.
I am excited.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 04:26:12 pm »
I really hope there's an English Simulcast. I'll subscribe to whatever service carries that just for this.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2018, 05:44:30 pm »
So since I wanted to write my impressions of the game I thought I should necro this thread since they might end up not having anything to do with the anime. I'll just start with basic things. Loved the soundtrack, although the "Amadeus" song isn't as good as "Gate of Steiner" in my opinion. Also appreciated that there is more divergence among the different routes, where in the first game they were mostly the same with a relatively short epilogue with each girl (except the True End). The rest of what I want to say is specific so, putting it in spoiler tags.
Spoiler
It got really confusing keeping track of who knows what in which wordline, especially with Kagari. My first playthrough I was on the route that sent the D-Rine. So, who was the helmeted figure in that one? In this worldline, Yuki is the real Yuki I think? So was it Reyes? Also weird was that song, in this wordline nobody knows words to it, but it's from a TV show. Is it from a TV show in other worldlines too? It makes sense now too why in the path that leads to the true end, "Yuki" says to Suzuha she doesn't konw what she wants, Kagari has fallen in love with Daru, but realizes Daru has to be with the real Yuki. And, it just occurred to me that Suzuha wears civilian clothes in 1998, but changes back into her fatigues before she arrives in 2010. Why go to the effort?
Also, I hate to say it, but I was really let down by the true end... in the first game there was so much that happens between the Mayuri ending and the actual ending. But this just, fastforwards 14 years, we see just a few minutes and it's the credits. I guess you could say it doesn't matter if Okabe finds Mayuri since that wordline gets undone when Luka sends the videos. But I at least wanted to know what everybody was doing from 2011-2025. And then still 11 more years before Daru finishes the machine.
And where are the Japanese Shaman Girls???

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 07:10:42 pm »
Spoiler
Was kinda let down by the ending too.
Yes, it appears it is Reyes that is in the biker suit in that route
I remember that the song is something Okabe came up with when he was little, to cheer Mayuri up. Don't remember about it being said it came from a TV show though.
My biggest problem is still when Okabe time leap from 2036. Up to 2025 it makes sense since they made sure the time leap machine was ready, with his body permanently connected, but before that? He was the professor's prisoners, and was being tortured. I have big doubt about his ability to be time leaped into, or the fact that he can also time leap to earlier while in that state.
I was also sad that in the end, Amadeus ends up almost as background, especially in the true end route. I mean, she still act, but doesn't interact much with Okabe/other.
And finally, it is extremely disturbing to know that in Stein;Gate worldline, Kurisu and Maho will just keep working with both crazy-military woman, and crazy Stratfor brainwasher guy.

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 08:06:08 pm »
Spoiler
Somebody hums a meoldy, I forget who, but Kagari recognizes it. sounds the same as the song that Okabe sings when he's little.
Yeah, I didn't even think about the time leaping being skipped over. My only thought is that the professor expected Okabe to be unconscious, so he took the professor by surprise to escape back to Daru to use the timeleap machine. But that still raises the question, how did an unconscious Okabe answer the phone?
Regarding the Steins Gate worldline, there are huge varations in the Beta attractor field. Supposedly, this wordline there is no war for the time machine. So there's a chance Reyes and the professor don't work for Straffor anymore, and the Moeka and Mr. Braun don't work for SERN. But, even if they are still trying to turn Amadeus into a military program, we know Kurisu and Amadeus both have experienced Reading Steiner. They may warn Maho.
It's interesting with Reading Steiner. Okabe and Fubuki seem to travel from one worldline to another and only have memories of those specific wordlines, whereas other people who experience Reading Steiner seem to have more vague memories, but from both multiple wordlines simultaneously. If that's the case, Kurisu and Amadeus may know more about the events in S;G0 than Okabe himself does. I hope that would mean one of them would tell Okabe and Maho that they were friends.