Author Topic: heya, I'm the lead programmer of Sunrider. got any questions?  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Re: heya, I'm the lead programmer of Sunrider. got any questions?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 08:37:42 am »
My question is about energy. I was wondering if the cost values are ever going to be changed or if the caps are going to be increased with upgrades or by default.

From the demo, the sunrider seems to have rather frustrating energy cost that mean that most of the time, you have left over energy. This is most apparent with kinetic weapons that leave an annoying 30 en remaining. Doing some maths, it seems that a cap of 120 would suffice to help reduce my wrinkles. The Black Jack does a good job with its energy values and is far less annoying.
The annoying energy left over was intentional, heh.  The units were meant to be pretty limited and weak at the beginning of the game, to allow you to upgrade your equipment with the money you earned, although this unfortunately was not a feature in the demo.  Eventually though, you'll have a warship brimming with weapons by the time you get serious money.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 09:02:56 am »
Regarding to the money to earn. How much grinding will it take to make the perfect (all the best parts) Sunrider and the Ryders? Will we be able to perfect them all before the end of the game if we don't grind? Or it will take a hellish amount of grinding to get enough money to perfect them all?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 09:05:42 am by Oreo_Blue »

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 02:15:15 pm »
Regarding to the money to earn. How much grinding will it take to make the perfect (all the best parts) Sunrider and the Ryders? Will we be able to perfect them all before the end of the game if we don't grind? Or it will take a hellish amount of grinding to get enough money to perfect them all?
well, I don't want to spoil too much but I'll have to point out our $29'000 stretch goal about 'Lost Technology'. It will be via these relics that best equipment in the game can be acquired. How you get these relics is still something we're going to have to be mysterious about :) I don't think you should expect ridiculous amounts of dull grinding for them, though.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:31:09 pm by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 08:18:29 pm »
As far as I know, I'm not sure if we're going to cap the level progression for your equipment, so there's also the question of whether you ever will cap your stats.  The equipment upgrades will just become exponentially expensive to prevent you from having god cannons by allocating all funds to cannons.

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 11:44:49 pm »
So there will be an unlimited amount of level progression for the upgrades as long as you have the money to pay for it? I thought it's kinda buying / finding the best upgrade, so we have a level cap.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 03:46:38 am »
I was wondering 2 things. Firstly, when we get a whole bunch of units with multiple ships, will they have characters or will we end up with something like mooks with named characters as some kind of hero units? I guess this is actually a question about if we control all ships we ally with or just the sunriders group. Secondly,  I was wondeing how unit deployment would work. Will we get to place units in a certain area around the sunrider like they were deployed from it?

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 04:43:30 am »
I was wondering 2 things. Firstly, when we get a whole bunch of units with multiple ships, will they have characters or will we end up with something like mooks with named characters as some kind of hero units? I guess this is actually a question about if we control all ships we ally with or just the sunriders group. Secondly,  I was wondeing how unit deployment would work. Will we get to place units in a certain area around the sunrider like they were deployed from it?
the core team of the Sunrider and the pilots we all know and love will be augmented with mooks who you will control directly.
as for how unit deployment works: we are currently considering various options and we'll let you know when we find one that works for the game.
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline NovanIV

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 05:17:50 am »
As far as I know, I'm not sure if we're going to cap the level progression for your equipment, so there's also the question of whether you ever will cap your stats.  The equipment upgrades will just become exponentially expensive to prevent you from having god cannons by allocating all funds to cannons.
Not to mention, Chigara is scary if you deallocate funding from engineering