Author Topic: Battle Engine  (Read 11978 times)

Offline DesertFox

Battle Engine
« on: April 03, 2014, 04:42:44 pm »
I realize I haven't really discussed the battle engine much at all. The pre-alpha demo put on the Kickstarter (called pre-alpha because it contained so little of what will be in the final game) had a basic one-on-one battle engine. I can confirm now that this will most likely not feature in any way in the final release. After much worrying, looking into licensing and trying out coding, it's been decided that My Little Dictator will feature an isometric grid-based battle engine. I'm hoping it will operate very much in the style of Gadget Trial or similar.

Pixel artwork for the battle engine is currently being discussed and worked out, and should be under way in the next month. Until that's sorted, the best I can offer is this very basic preview of a battle engine in the works. Looks kind of sloppy and features lazy artwork and layout for the moment. But in a very basic way, it runs!
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Vaendryl

Re: Battle Engine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:52:50 pm »
cool!
if you got any issues I might be able to give some help ;)
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 04:58:57 pm »
As a fan of this type of battle system, I give this topic my full support. Also, Yamato's a girl. That is awesome. Even if it's likely just a placeholder.

Offline BlackZero

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:01:10 pm »
As a fan of this type of battle system, I give this topic my full support. Also, Yamato's a girl. That is awesome. Even if it's likely just a placeholder.
Makes me think of Kantai Collection

The hardest part is starting out and then the second hardest part is continuing after a stopping point. I'd say add terrain bonuses like Advance Wars and Luminous Arc. If you need ideas or maybe help...
“The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats...”
― Albert Schweitzer

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:33 pm »
To my surprise, Yamato is a girl :D.

Isometric view is okay with me.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 06:16:19 pm »
On there, it's just a stand-in sprite. Yamato is 100% male :)
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 06:22:23 pm »
Doesn't rule out the possible trap option. That could be Yamato after all. Yes, it turns out that Yamato is the actual best girl in MLD- all without actually being one.

Offline BlackZero

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 06:26:48 pm »
Doesn't rule out the possible trap option. That could be Yamato after all. Yes, it turns out that Yamato is the actual best girl in MLD- all without actually being one.
Indeed. Well... could be worse. Yuri err... hentai ending.
― Albert Schweitzer

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 06:31:37 pm »
I don't mind some Yuri action, but a big no no for Yaoi action. Maybe because I'm a guy? Do girls prefer to have Yaoi action rather than Yuri action?

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2014, 06:32:53 pm »
Actually, if everyone were united in love like that, the wars would all be over, so that would probably be the Good End. Yes, for the sake of the world (and no other reason), let's all hope for a harem ending!

EDIT

I don't mind some Yuri action, but a big no no for Yaoi action. Maybe because I'm a guy? Do girls prefer to have Yaoi action rather than Yuri action?
I'm a fan of both, and am a guy. However, they have to be done in a certain way, or I can't really get behind them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:34:46 pm by Elvis Strunk »

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
or I can't really get behind them.

huehuehue
(╯°□°)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline BlackZero

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 06:48:36 pm »
Actually, if everyone were united in love like that, the wars would all be over, so that would probably be the Good End. Yes, for the sake of the world (and no other reason), let's all hope for a harem ending!
I think that's the orgy ending but that works too.

EDIT
I'm a fan of both, and am a guy. However, they have to be done in a certain way, or I can't really get behind them.
So you would rather get in front of them?
― Albert Schweitzer

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2014, 09:01:34 pm »

Led goes to pat Oreo on the back, and then hesitates....and runs for then hills.

Offline BlackZero

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 06:15:25 pm »
Led goes to pat Oreo on the back, and then hesitates....and runs for then hills.
Does that mean you can get behind Oreo? :3
― Albert Schweitzer

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 01:12:09 am »
Led cant hear you from the hills. Even the air up here is pure and unperverted