Author Topic: Battle Engine  (Read 11974 times)

Online Elvis Strunk

Re: Battle Engine
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »
Awesome stuff. I like the looks of it, and having an in-depth explanation of how the battles are going to work just makes me want to test them out. I could see myself using only named characters and ignoring all the generics. I could also see myself dying repeatedly within the first three battles and giving up on only using named characters. Hitora appearing in the corner and offering advice is a really nice touch, as well. I'd also like to point out that the unit icons are really cute, in case I haven't done so before.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »
woah, that's looking good!
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »
I sure hope that they brought some mechanised units or command or you might have to check maths. 1 bazooka shouldn't add to 280 points!

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
I'd also like to point out that the unit icons are really cute, in case I haven't done so before.
Thank you for saying so :)

I sure hope that they brought some mechanised units or command or you might have to check maths. 1 bazooka shouldn't add to 280 points!
That's just an issue with the preview. The Bazooka in this preview costs 50cp, which should have taken 50 out of the 300cp you have to spend. So instead of 280, it would total down to 250.

On that note, if it's confusing, would you prefer for it to roll up towards 300 rather than subtract?
I suppose it makes more sense if it's 300/300 or 0/300, in terms of what's been spent.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:37:56 pm by desertfox »
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 05:27:13 pm »
They all look the same!

Spoiler
Perfect. Now Gorchnik won't feel bad when your lord sends them all to their DOOM!

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 05:33:44 pm »
They all look the same!

Spoiler
Perfect. Now Gorchnik won't feel bad when your lord sends them all to their DOOM!

What if each soldier gets randomly generated earrings and names so that you can identify them?
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 06:36:01 pm »
What if each soldier gets randomly generated earrings and names so that you can identify them?

NOOOOOOO. Not Jenny! No watch out Fred! AHHHHHHH

Offline Commander Zaelthul

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 06:51:13 pm »
They all look the same!

Spoiler

But then I would have to care for them for using them as cannonfodder?
There's a good reason I give every recruit a helmet and name them after John Key, so I don't feel guilty for throwing him/her into the most dangerous situations.
The Great Commandy one
Commander Zael'thul of the Legion of Cynics
"In the Temple of Wheat, we trust in our holy goddess"
The Goddess protects!

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »
I will name them all after forum members.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 07:11:53 pm »

band of heroes

cannonfodderswillberemembered
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »
those kind of names just don't have the same ring to them though. make a name list anyway. It might be funny

Offline radclive

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 07:30:45 pm »

I don't recommend that. There's a little known cheat in every single game where you can name characters where if you name one "Radclive", the entire game is erased and replaced with a short flash animation of me playing whack-a-mole. unless you're into that, then go right ahead!
We are Hydra, two to replace the one. We are J÷rmungandr, for we encompass the earth. We are eternal, we are undying. There is no end to the cynicism, only to the unbelievers. Follow, and you shall be spared.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 10:35:30 pm »

I don't recommend that. There's a little known cheat in every single game where you can name characters where if you name one "Radclive", the entire game is erased and replaced with a short flash animation of me playing whack-a-mole. unless you're into that, then go right ahead!

what is this, sid meier on xcom?
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline radclive

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2014, 09:38:18 am »

what is this, sid meier on xcom?

i love both of those, so i would not be adverse to a collab. lol
We are Hydra, two to replace the one. We are J÷rmungandr, for we encompass the earth. We are eternal, we are undying. There is no end to the cynicism, only to the unbelievers. Follow, and you shall be spared.

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2014, 02:52:14 pm »
If you name a unit "Gorchnik" all of its stats are instantly maxed out and it can't die.

True story.