Author Topic: Rising Angels: The Red Rose  (Read 5205 times)

Offline KonekoLynn

Rising Angels: The Red Rose
« on: April 25, 2015, 06:59:58 pm »
Ok this has probably been said before and he probably hears this a lot (I sent him an email like last year stating how much I HATED the game lol), but I personally think he should focus on remaking/finishing the game, I personally wouldn't want to play the last game in the series before the first one is finished, I was introduced to this series through Reborn on steam, I played through it was wondering if there was more then I found The Red Rose, My friends and I hated the game so much.  It bothers me even today how the game ended, I wouldn't be able to play Fates till The Red Rose is finished personally.

Honestly though I LOVE Reborn I played every path when I played it.  It is one of my all time fav. games.

Do any of you think he should move finishing/remaking Rising Angels: The Red Rose to the front burners?

If so. Why?
If not. Why?

What was all of your thoughts on Rising Angels: The Red Rose?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:17:04 am by KonekoLynn »

Offline Geocorn

Re: Rising Angels: The Red Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:41 pm »
Red Rose was fantastic. I loved getting to know the characters, and the relationship between Faye and Lenna and Yoi was really interesting. And Red Rose gave better context for the relationship between Faye and Kika and why Kika makes the decisions she does in Reborn. From Reborn I thought like her decision to stay with Natalie in the true ending didn't make sense. But after playing Red Rose it made it more clear that she had like this hero complex going on.

Offline IceFireMagi

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:33:01 am »
Personally I loved reading reborn, then red rose, and Reborn one more time. There's so many references that make the whole thing more entertaining and memorable. I also think Fates should be finished before Hope since it'd give a feeling of "looking back." To people who have read red rose before the Hope expansion.
Will IceFire

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »
This might sound strange coming from the creator, but I personally had to side with the people who didn't like Red Rose. There was a lot I was aiming to do and I messed up most of it. There are some really good ideas and a few scenes that I'm quite fond of overall, but Red Rose did not live up to what I wanted to do. We'd be here for hours if I wanted to go line-by-line and talk about every shortcoming. There were a lot of very strong personalities and they turned on each other like hyenas. That's my fault as a writer for not keeping my cast somewhat in check.

But it gave us Faye back to the series, so it can't be that bad.

It is a bit overkill though to think I should make finishing a top priority. ;) The remake/completion was actually supposed to be out next week except that the CG artist didn't finish in time. It should be out in a couple weeks, barring any more delays. It is still going to be a kinetic novel though, just a longer one.

Offline rellimkram

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:27:15 pm »
Well, as Chief said, it's a little strange for an insider to say anything on the subject (and as someone that started as a fan and then shifted to working on the series, I've got a rather strange point of view). Originally, while I was just a reader that was looking for interesting stories, I was quite happy with the way The Red Rose was. I thought it had solid character development, an intriguing plot, and an ending that inspired speculation. Seeing Faye grow as a person, from the naive child she was at first to the young woman bearing emotional scars from the less-than-forgiving world, was a wonderful experience, and it has made Faye my favorite character (despite the cruelties I may inflict over the course of Fates).

Anyway, now that I've been granted the honor of joining the IDHAS team as a writer, I've gotten to see some of the lost plans that were intended for The Red Rose, wonderful additions that will be coming in Hope, and read some of the other stories that filled in blanks, I realized just how dull The Red Rose was. There had been so much more planned for Faye, Lenna, Yoi, and Sol; more joy and sorrow, more bonding and fighting, more passion and pain.

I guess overall, I'm more inclined to side with the people that are displeased with The Red Rose, but at the same time I've seen beauty in the story that it told.
[Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:45 pm]:   Duke Rockhopper laughs! The creator has forbidden the character be used in ships. That's like telling a kid with a stick not to hit someone with it
Duke Rockhopper [Apr 04, 2016, 03:59:55 pm]:   People are gonna get hit with sticks
Geocorn [Sep 12, 2016, 01:41:44 pm]:   skipping class is as american as calling football soccer
Spoiler
Jynx: I mentioned that if Bea failed as a Maid, she'd force herself to be a housewife. /// WoolyShambler: Lucky Lola; looks like she'll have a live-in bedwarmer at the Lyceum /// Rev: Wasnt that Knat's job tho? /// WoolyShambler: I meant Bea /// Lola Lang would be happy enough to have both Bea and Knat in her bed each night

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:08:20 pm »
Do any of the lost plans tell about what happens to Syl, Yoi, and Anton on their mission?  :)

Offline KonekoLynn

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 11:15:42 am »
The way The Red Rose ended just left me feeling like I wanted to murder Sol, I play Yuri games to get away from the feeling of having males taking girls you like, it is a feeling that is really unable to be described, the beach scene is the part that makes The Red Rose horrible to me, just that one scene really.  I have re-played Reborn quite a few times and every playthrough I always choose the option to kill everyone once or twice just to imagine Sol suffocating to death.  To cause someone who loves and values life and won't kill anything even insects to hate a character so much that they wish death on the character takes quite a bit.

This might sound strange coming from the creator, but I personally had to side with the people who didn't like Red Rose. There was a lot I was aiming to do and I messed up most of it. There are some really good ideas and a few scenes that I'm quite fond of overall, but Red Rose did not live up to what I wanted to do. We'd be here for hours if I wanted to go line-by-line and talk about every shortcoming. There were a lot of very strong personalities and they turned on each other like hyenas. That's my fault as a writer for not keeping my cast somewhat in check.

It is a bit overkill though to think I should make finishing a top priority. ;) The remake/completion was actually supposed to be out next week except that the CG artist didn't finish in time. It should be out in a couple weeks, barring any more delays. It is still going to be a kinetic novel though, just a longer one.

O3O a couple weeks? yay~ ^.^ Hope-fully it will cure my wish to murder Sol through every playthrough of Reborn.

Offline KomiTsuku

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 03:33:59 am »
The way The Red Rose ended just left me feeling like I wanted to murder Sol, I play Yuri games to get away from the feeling of having males taking girls you like, it is a feeling that is really unable to be described, the beach scene is the part that makes The Red Rose horrible to me, just that one scene really.  I have re-played Reborn quite a few times and every playthrough I always choose the option to kill everyone once or twice just to imagine Sol suffocating to death.  To cause someone who loves and values life and won't kill anything even insects to hate a character so much that they wish death on the character takes quite a bit.

O3O a couple weeks? yay~ ^.^ Hope-fully it will cure my wish to murder Sol through every playthrough of Reborn.

Good news, you'll get that chance!

Do any of the lost plans tell about what happens to Syl, Yoi, and Anton on their mission?  :)
There is a single paper copy of what happens in Anton's Vacation. It is one of a very, very, very limited number of works where I did a very detailed outline. Sadly, there is no digital version. Perhaps the story will be finished one day...

Offline Grenartia

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 11:33:37 pm »
So, after finishing Red Rose (which I did like, but I'll defer to Chief, who actually put the work into it and is saying it came out half-baked. since you know more than I do), my biggest criticism of the series so far is "I wish I could romance Faye in Reborn". Other than that, I like it. As a queer person, I especially like how same sex relationships are basically seen as no big deal.
I kindly ask that you don't call me a "he" or a "she", but "they".

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 05:54:00 pm »
I know right? Faye is best fox girl!

Offline Grenartia

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 09:49:56 pm »
I know right? Faye is best fox girl!

Besides, how many chances in your life do you ever get to romance a captain?

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 09:57:19 pm »
Hopefully her feelings for Lenna don't keep her from finding love

Offline Grenartia

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 10:02:12 pm »
Hopefully her feelings for Lenna don't keep her from finding love

Indeed.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 11:41:41 pm »
We know once Lupides choose a mate they're with them for life. I'm kinda jealous that Lenna got to pet her tail!

Offline Grenartia

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 11:53:29 pm »
We know once Lupides choose a mate they're with them for life. I'm kinda jealous that Lenna got to pet her tail!

Then again, tail petting + falling for somebody then being rejected by them =/= actually choosing a mate, does it?