Author Topic: Rising Angels: The Red Rose  (Read 5413 times)

Offline KonekoLynn

Re: Rising Angels: The Red Rose
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 02:57:11 pm »
The way The Red Rose ended just left me feeling like I wanted to murder Sol, I play Yuri games to get away from the feeling of having males taking girls you like, it is a feeling that is really unable to be described, the beach scene is the part that makes The Red Rose horrible to me, just that one scene really.  I have re-played Reborn quite a few times and every playthrough I always choose the option to kill everyone once or twice just to imagine Sol suffocating to death.  To cause someone who loves and values life and won't kill anything even insects to hate a character so much that they wish death on the character takes quite a bit.

This might sound strange coming from the creator, but I personally had to side with the people who didn't like Red Rose. There was a lot I was aiming to do and I messed up most of it. There are some really good ideas and a few scenes that I'm quite fond of overall, but Red Rose did not live up to what I wanted to do. We'd be here for hours if I wanted to go line-by-line and talk about every shortcoming. There were a lot of very strong personalities and they turned on each other like hyenas. That's my fault as a writer for not keeping my cast somewhat in check.

But it gave us Faye back to the series, so it can't be that bad.

It is a bit overkill though to think I should make finishing a top priority. ;) The remake/completion was actually supposed to be out next week except that the CG artist didn't finish in time. It should be out in a couple weeks, barring any more delays. It is still going to be a kinetic novel though, just a longer one.

O3O a couple weeks? yay~ ^.^ Hope-fully it will cure my wish to murder Sol through every playthrough of Reborn.

Good news, you'll get that chance!

Do any of the lost plans tell about what happens to Syl, Yoi, and Anton on their mission?  :)
There is a single paper copy of what happens in Anton's Vacation. It is one of a very, very, very limited number of works where I did a very detailed outline. Sadly, there is no digital version. Perhaps the story will be finished one day...

So what happened to the remake by the way?  I have been wondering for some time now and been checking quite regularly esp when I am depressed hoping it is there so I can play it and forget about this world and cheer up and have a happy place,  I sometimes play reborn because it does that for me sometimes,  it gives me a place in a world where i can forget this one and i really enjoy it.  btw on that note.  I still think you are an amazing visual novel writer and i love ur creations (except 1, I still hate how it ended with a passion I cannot describe >A<)

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 11:59:16 pm »
Forget the remake, what happened to YOU? We are still dying for those Anime North pictures you promised :P

Anyway, the last Fates update said that the remake (Hope) will be a paid release coming out in the next week.

Offline Pal

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »
forget about this world and cheer up and have a happy place, 
*start shameless advertisement for the commbox*

You know, the chat at the top of the forum is a good place to escape to. Often, even.
Plenty of people there to help you take baloo's advice "forget about your worry and your strife."

*end advertisement/psa*

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 10:48:42 pm »

Offline KonekoLynn

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 06:53:59 am »
Just purchased it! http://store.steampowered.com/app/368150/
Thanks for the link, it is unfortunate that it's cost is close to 20, it is gonna be quite a few months before I can get to play it but I am so happy that it is finally out.  The wait has been killing me.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 07:08:12 am »
If it makes you feel better, what has been released so far ends at exactly the same point