Nanami
Akio
Akane
John
Iron
Merne
Y U NO HAS SUNRIDER WAIFUS?
Kana, The Boss

Author Topic: Three friends go to Japan... To get Waifus!  (Read 6717 times)

Offline Merne23

Re: Three friends go to Japan... To get Waifus!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 03:15:26 am »
NANI?! NEXT EPISODE SO SOON!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyP7Cl1wqik
*Opening shot of outer airport*
"<Whaaaaaat?!>" Merne shouts at the top of his lungs.
*transition inside, now go back to your turnips*
Merne holds his hands palms-up in front of his face, his fingers rigid. "All of our stuff was taken by the cops?" he shouts a bit less intensely at the guy at the desk. "Why would that happen?!"
"Well, sir," the receptionist starts, "I heard it was because one of your flight companions was arrested for illegally crossing the border. For that, they confiscated all of your luggage, to see if you had done it together."
Goddammit, Strunk, you wh***! Merne thought. "Do you know when our stuff will be given back? When we can get it back?"
The receptionist mournfully shakes his head. "I'm afraid I don't. When the police finish their investigations, they'll--"
Kanako then interrupts the receptionist with a voice made of ice hard as steel. "You know how long those take, Hikae-san. Tell the man the truth." Her mouth is smiling, but her eyes brook murder on their own.
Hikae stammers under the onslaught. "T-t-three to four weeks!" He blurts nervously. "It will take the police a-at least that l-long to finish filing all of the d-d-d-data!"
Kanako brightens, murder leaving the foreground of her being. "Very good, Hikea-san. So, Merne-san, it will only take one month for your possessions to get back to you! I'm sure that's enough time leftover to--"
Whatever it was Kanako was to say, Hikae wouldn't hear it. "We've got five weeks here," Merne interrupts her starkly. "Our absent <sonovabi***> assured us we'd only need a month for our... plans. That leaves us with one week, two tops, to get jobs."
Kanako blinks at Merne before comprehending. "That's... not nearly enough time for that, Merne-san! It would take at least a week for a business to let you intern for them, and then you would need to submit an application, and actually get the job!" She stormily looks around, looking for a way to vent her frustration, before she takes out her phone. "I'm using my ultimate weapon."
A phonebomb?
"Yes, kohai? It's me. I'm going to need a lot of evidence from an illegal crossing case."
Impossible. It can't be true. She can't be. It's too convenient.
"Yes. I don't care what the Director thinks, I need them! This is very important, kohai. Get it done." Kanako ends the call.
"Kanako... are you..." Merne starts.
"Oh, I should explain. I'm a member of the police!" Kanako slides up to Merne slyly, and whispers in his ear. "I'm sure you like that kind of thing, Merne-san."
Before Merne has time to react, Ran appears in a business casual outfit, unbuttoned a bit at the top and using pants in the female design. "Oh! Kanako-chan, Merne-san!" She calls out to them as she approaches. "What brings you here? Running away together?" She chuckles a little at her own joke.
Merne moves his face away from Kanako's a bit. "Ha-ha, good one, Ran." Please don't make jokes like that! "So you work here, too?"
"I don't work here specifically," Ran tells him. "My part-time agency told me there was something that only someone as qualified as me could do."
"Ohya?" Kanako says as she turns to Ran. "Something that serious?"
"Unfortunately yes," Ran says. "But I still have time to talk with an old friend and a new friend, especially since they're a couple!"
Ffffffffffff

(I'm using <...> to denote English. Just so you know.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:05:23 am by Merne23 »

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA.  Elvis Strunk [Feb05, 2018, 01:31am]:   "Two Pilots and all the Eva just died." "Oh. ****." Revontulet [Feb05, 2018, 04:11pm]: That KOTATSU be miiine Deeox2 [Feb28, 18,12:53am]: I'm gonna give Bea a dong.
Choice Music: https://youtu.be/n55QVlBoDxI  https://youtu.be/PLEQGywWbV0  https://youtu.be/0-8gwx71B0U  https://youtu.be/kfgmMPke7_k  https://youtu.be/VhGp8Id0HRU

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 12:02:27 am »
Otsukare-sama desu, gentlemen, this is Kana the Boss, Jury and Executioner I mean, Producer.

I gladly announce that our anime "San'nin no tomo wa Waifu o shutoku suru ni wa... Nihon ni ikimasu!"
(a.k.a. "Three friends go to Japan... To get Waifus!") has successfully broken the 3rd episode barrier.
The Japanese title will be used from now on in the Japanese market in order to hide the fact that this show was
created by baka-gaijins and prevent the risk of losing fans, but the English title is still valid for internal management.

Recent data from the audience measurement team reveals that the show's views is over 9000 125,
which, considering an approximated amount of 150 active users in this forum, is equivalent to an audience share of 83.3% last weekend.

However, we want our audience to keep watching this series and waste their money, so next week we're releasing a Blu-Ray special edition featuring episodes 1-4.
We will offer additional content such as interviews with the seiyuus and several character-themed covers for the physical BD edition.
Hopefully, there will be enough otakus out there (figuratively speaking, of course, most hikikomori never get out)
who will buy every single one, so our income will increase sharply.

We're also looking forward to include a director's cut... Hey, that reminds me! Our studio needs a series director!
Otherwise, we won't be able to hand the last episodes' storyboards to post production in time!

Vacant positions at the moment*:

- Animator: 2
- Female seiyuu: 3 (we don't hire A-list voice actresses or idols 'cause they're expensive as hell, so part timer girls will do)
- Kawaii production assistant: 1 (preferably with twintails, but it's not mandatory. She'll work as the producer's companion :3 )
- Series director: 1
- Executive producer: 1 (trust me, it's like being the producer, but cooler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_AnvUIvJs )

*More vacants may appear in the future.

Average wages for each position are shown here. (Margin of error = 100%)

Please don't forget the following milestones next month:

- Episode 7: Sports Day episode
- Episode 9: Beach and Summer Festival episode

If the audience likes these episodes, we will get enough funding from our sponsors for a OVA after episode 12!
Let's hope everything goes according to keikaku! We could even get season 2 confirmed!

That's all for today. Minna, ganbatte kudasai!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:05:43 am by Kana the Boss »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 07:37:31 pm »
(OH SWEET HOLY JEEZUS, WE HAVE AN OFFICE?! I'm am really glad I appointed you, Kana the boss!
As I am part-time scriptwriter [as well as Lord Master of the thread] along with the other three main cast, we'll have to be patient while the other two post write up their parts for episode four.
As for myself, I promise excitement in the future, although I wish to warn that tragedy is the other face of comedy, as well. For what to expect, well, we've all seen anime before right? I'll be as unsurprising as I can be, being the straightman. Well, until I want to be best main and write the best side characters....
*Ahem*. Anyhow! What with our producer now setting goals for us to achieve, expect us to fail horribly to meet them! Yes, I mean that from the bottom of my heart!
"E-etto, Merne-san, don't you mean that you will meet them?"
Of course, despite these setbacks, we will probably get the basic anime tropes out of the way sooner or later.
"He ignored the question!"
So please, while we try to incoherently tell you the tale of these three friends and their misadventures, enjoy yourselves to the fullest!
"Merne-san! I brought new equipment from work~! We should test it out!"
Pleaseenjoyyourtimeconsumingourproduct!
"Running away?!""Oh no...""It will only hurt until you say you'll do your job, Merne-san!")
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:39:34 pm by Merne23 »

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA.  Elvis Strunk [Feb05, 2018, 01:31am]:   "Two Pilots and all the Eva just died." "Oh. ****." Revontulet [Feb05, 2018, 04:11pm]: That KOTATSU be miiine Deeox2 [Feb28, 18,12:53am]: I'm gonna give Bea a dong.
Choice Music: https://youtu.be/n55QVlBoDxI  https://youtu.be/PLEQGywWbV0  https://youtu.be/0-8gwx71B0U  https://youtu.be/kfgmMPke7_k  https://youtu.be/VhGp8Id0HRU

Offline Iron Duke Isen

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 02:15:06 pm »
Upon arriving at her office, Kana finds a plain paper envelope from the Iron Duke laying on her desk. How did she know it was from Isen? Well it’s hard to mistake the giant wax seal proudly proclaiming ‘Iron Duke Isen’ on its back. Upon opening it, Kana found a piece of fine paper, written in delicate kanji. The kanji was well written, and the paper obviously of a very high quality (despite one or two oddly colored stains that smelled of cleaning supplies). Fortunately, there was an English translation provided at the bottom of the page.

Dear Kana Boss,

This is Iron Duke, just writing to congratulate all our fine staff on the 125 viewer mark our topic had last night!

***24 hours beforehand...***

“One hundred and one...” Click. “One hundred and two...”

***Present Time***

Hopefully, our viewerbase will only continue to grow as our quality improves!

***24 hours later…***

“One hundred and twenty five…” Click. “One hundred and twenty six…” Click. “One hundred and—ah screw this, I’m getting pizza…”

***Present Time***

Please, continue your hard work and devotion to our show and the massive amounts of money we’re sure to make and its quality. Now hopefully we can discuss getting me a new office. This milk crate makes a very poor desk, and the janitors are starting to ask why I spend all day in their broom cupboard…

Regards,

Isen, the Iron Duke.

---------------------------------
And now returning to our regularly scheduled program!
---------------------------------

"Well Isen-san, it looks like your injuries from the two windows you threw yourself through have begun healing themselves nicely."

The doctor, a middle-aged Japanese man with salt-and-pepper hair and moustache, tortouise-rimmed spectacles (and a bow tie that just screamed 'old school class') gave a disapproving sniff as he assessed the gaijin seated in his wheelchair. For his part, Isen was adjusting the monocle in his right eye, evidently unphased by the glance, or the thought that the top hat and monocle he had pulled from the backpack he'd brought with him clashed with his light blue hospital gown. The Duke found it a pity Aiko wasn't here. He was sure she'd find the 'refined patient' look very dashing. The doctor on the other hand placed his clipboard to the side, crossing his arms as he gave Isen a serious look.

"Remind me, why exactly did you throw yourself through not one but two windows of an unfamiliar residence?"

"..." Isen opened his mouth, but found himself unable to speak at first, not quite sure how he could explain the phenomenon. Certainly not in a light Aiko would find attractive. After a second or two, his brain sputtered to life again, somehow summoning the best possible answer he could think of. "I, uh...one of my friends was kidnapped. I was trying to rescue him at the time.

The doctor gave him an odd look, but seemed to accept his story. Even if he gave a disappointing grunt. He handed the clipboard to Isen, along with a pen. "Very well, all that's left is to sign your release forms here, and you can get back to that. Try not to find yourself back here too soon."

Isen took the clipboard with a disappointed sigh as he began signing his name in kanji along each of the starred lines. It really was a shame. He'd really come to enjoy spending time with Aiko. The way she'd tease him, without coming off as classless. The way she always seemed to find time to keep him company. Even how she walked into the room. She was just so...perfect. And that wasn't even going into her looks either. If only there was some way he could spend more time with her. Maybe if he jumped through another few windows he could--
Isen blinked at the line of Japanese calligraphy near the bottom of the page. This...this couldn't be real. It had to be a joke, but...

"E-excuse me, doctor, I couldn't help but notice there seems to be a line here asking if you want 'continuous care assessment after release, free of charge?'"

"Yes." The doctor said, with a weary sigh. "Its a new program put in place by the government this year. Basically, if we have any patients deemed to be in particular risk of relapsing or repeating their injury, they can request a nurse to stay with them to insure they don't harm themselves again. Since you leaped through two windows, you were--"

The doctor took a step back as Isen thrust the clipboard back at him, the patient's name signed in triplicate in hasty but nonetheless refined letters.

鉄の公爵

"Very well." The doctor said, a puff of hot air coming from his nostrils as he took the clipboard, jotting down his own notes. "Aiko will be down in a few minutes to take you back to your apartment."

"God, Japanese hospitals are so much better than the ones back home..." Isen said, suddenly unable to contain his excitement. "You'd never be able to get away with this in the States. And a good thing too, because Aiko is very...very pleasing to the eye."

"Hrm."

"By the way sir, I didn't catch your name?"

"Kurogawa." The doctor said, a sinister glint in his eye. "Doctor Kurogawa Hiroto."

Holy shit, he's Aiko's father? And he says his name in the traditional Japanese style too, so you know he's a hardass!

"Please," The doctor said, slamming the pen into the wooden counter next to him. Ink spurted from the pen's tip as it jutted from the countertop, sticking up from the ground like a weapon of some past war. "...come back soon, Isen."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:02:17 am by Iron Duke Isen »

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

Offline John Titor

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 07:15:54 am »
Following Akane's plan , they got off the train 2 stations before reaching the one closest to the mall.  John felt it was strange than in a city with a public transport system such as Tokyo any centric mall could be so far away from a train station. Was this part of some twisted revenge plan?

"Ooooh! We're here!" – Akane said as they finally arrived ,she then turned to John– “Hurry up already! We have to go to a lot of different places to get what we need.”

John followed her through a maze of shops and stands, dodging both adults and toddlers alike with the elegance and skill of a true master of the blade, or more precisely , that of someone who hates crowded places and walking amongst large groups of people and wants to minimize the time spent surrounded by either.

Their first stop was at a shop which had a strange man singing a catchy song about curry, to buy turmeric, cinnamon, saffron, cardamom an other spices. The quantities seemed to be a bit too much for just one dinner, but nevertheless John offered to carry all the shopping like a true gentleman. “Oh my… that’s so very kind of you, John…so very kind and even more expectable. “ – Akane replied, as her initial smile grew to a sadistic grin, or how a man of refined taste would call it, a smile with a perverse attitude.

In other romantic comedies and animes of the sort , the average male character wouldn’t have never noticed he had walked into a trap and was going to have to carry the weekly shopping of 9 people for 2 miles before catching the train as part of the revenge of a gorgeous lass with a dark sense of humor. But John is quite a bright bloke, you know?  When he was tossed the second 5kg rice bag he started to join the points together, and by the time the shrine maiden arrived with the heaviest variety of meat packages  (no SPAM, sadly) our hero had already figured everything out.

But then why did he put up with it? Why didn’t he stand up against the abuse of such a cruel yet beautiful lady?

Because John is a darn masochist a true gentleman : when faced with a challenge that would break a less refined and perseverant man, he will not give a a bloody damn about it,   act politely , efficiently , without complain and exceed all expectations. Also known as not feeding the troll.

After buying the last thing Akane said they  “exclusively needed for dinner” , they headed towards the malls entrance hall. On their way there, Akane came to a sudden halt, making John almost trip as he not-so-gracefully prevented the collision.
-“Hey, why did you stop walking so abruptly ? Is anything wrong?” –he asked. He noticed she was looking at what seemed to be a gift shop placed near the exit. After a longer analysis, he figured it wasn’t and ordinary gift shop, but one of these “Kawaii” or “cute” shops that have all types of, well, “cute stuff” , such as plushies, accessories, etc. *So she still likes this kind of stuff , heh? That's actually kind of cute*

-“Ka..kawaii..” - Akane mumbled. She then realized John had asked her something and that he was looking at the “cute” gift shop and at her back and forth. *Darn, did he find out I still love that kind of stuff even though I’m no longer a school girl? Oh shit, did he hear what I just said? *-she thought. The sneer on his face confirmed her fears,  and her face turned completely red.

-“E..ettoo , what do you want idiot? I didn’t stop cause I just saw that cute shop. I’m an adult woman, not a silly school girl that  likes all that “kawaii” stuff, ba-baka!” – Akane managed to mumble.- *Damm it , this is so embarrassing*.
-“Let’s just get back to the house… we have a lot to do..and… “

-“Akane-san…”-John interrupted her- “We have quite a bit of time to spare. And I wouldn’t mind visiting that shop you know? You see, there aren’t many of this kind of shops in the States…or at least were I’ve been living, and for sure even less in Europe. So I’m quite curious about it.”

Akane’s face was still a bit red, but seeing that he wasn’t taking the opportunity to make fun of her, helped her calm down. She took the chance to recover part of her cool (or rather aggressive)  attitude
“Well, if you really want to… I guess it’s a characteristic part of the Japanese *pop*-culture. B-but it will be your fault if we’re late because of it! I’ll hold you responsible for it! “

“Sure thing. Now let’s go.”

After leaving their bags in one of the lockers available for the mall's customers, they both walked into the shop. The term “kawaii” gift shop was quite an accurate description for the place: everything from notebooks, key rings, mobile phone bumpers, plushies and accessories had a cute design, normally involving some chibbi drawings of puppies and kitties. There were even panda-shaped onigiris .Titor felt he was going to have a heart attack due to the sheer overload of cuteness around him, but while others would have fallen under such a vicious onslaught , he prevailed and advanced  deeper into the  lair of adorableness.

“Wow, everything here looks so adorabl.! And I thought places like this were being over exaggerated in the animes… It seems sometimes reality can be harder to believe fiction.”

“I guess sometimes it can.”-Akane stopped on her feet and turned to face John, with an angry look in her eyes – “ Aren’t you going to make fun about it? Like, “just look at this girl” :a third year university student, still losing her mind over such silly things as a couple of hairbands with some kitty-shaped pins on them.”-she said ,as she shook a small box containing the said objects in front of John’s face -- “ Just like you did fun of me when I told you of doing the shopping here!… Go ahead , it’s your chance to take revenge on me for making you carry with all that and making you walk 3 more stations !”

* I KNEW IT! It  was all part of her plan! *
Narrator note: Bravo! You are slightly smarter and less oblivious than the average harem anime male character. You should be proud of yourself!

“I would never make fun of whatever someone else likes or stops liking. And being an adult doesn’t mean you have to abandon the stuff you like because of what others think.” – he replied in a serious tone and a stern look on his face. –“And besides “ – John continued, this time with a rather nervous tone,while he turned his eyes away from Akane – “They would look good on you”.

Akane ,her face red again, was so shocked by his response that she dropped the box with the hairbands, but John managed to catch it before it hit the floor. – “Let it be a small thank-you-gift for saving me from Kanako before”.

-“A..Arigato..” – she managed to mumble, as John payed for the hairbands.
Then, they both exited the shop, picked the rest of the shopping from the locker and walked out of the mall, this time heading for the nearest trains station.

PS: Sorry it took so long, I rewrote it a couple of times and tried to add some troupes and smart humor...
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Merne23

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 08:48:03 pm »
I can't believe Kanako fell for that, Merne thinks, sitting next to Ran on one of the waiting benches they have in airports. I kinda hope that she realizes that you can only make corned beef and cabbage... well, at least I don't have to watch my every action waiting for a murderous glare and a knife in my back. He sighs and leans back to relax, looking over to Ran.
Ran sat with a casual posture, but an electric air. "I'm surprised you managed to get her to leave me with you alone," she says, impressed. "She seems exceedingly devoted to you, Merne-san."
"Yea, I'm not entirely sure why, either," he says to her, hoisting himself into a sitting position instead of a flopping one and looking around the area. "She kind of tried to kidnap me when we first met, then stole me from my friends with Nanami later that same day. Then she tried to get me drunk..." He shakes his head. "Now that I think about it, it doesn't make that much sense at all. What would she see in me, the most unassuming  of my friends?"
Ran looks forward and sets her hand on her chin. "Hmm. Ah! It might have to do with her job! She has to see things in people," she explains at Merne's confused sound, "things that others never even think about. Maybe what she saw in you was too beautiful for her to let be?"
The way she says that... Merne shrugged, his eyes not really settling on anything. "Maybe. I haven't done overly terrible in my life, so maybe she just sees my innocence?" He realizes the double meaning and blushes, looking away from Ran. "A-anyway, that's not that important. You said you came to the airport because of work?"
"Oh! Shoot, that's right," Ran says as she checks her watch, "I was supposed to be there ten minutes ago! Aah, if I don't do this right, I'm going to get a bad reputation!" She hurriedly stands and smooths her outfit. "Well, it was nice to see you Merne-san, but..."
Merne had finally looked Ran in the eyes when she'd leaped up from her seat,
(he has a terrible habit that 'staring at others is rude, and eyes are windows to the soul', so he looks everywhere but there,) and she trailed off as she met his gaze. The entire thing only lasted a second or two, until Merne embarrassedly looked away.
"G-gomen, Ran-chan, I didn't mean offense," Merne says sheepishly. "I'll wait here for Kanak--"
"Come with me to this job." Ran's eyes sparkled.
"--o. What." Merne looked at her uncomprehendingly, noting the lanyard that Ran was wearing around her neck, under her collared shirt.
"You need a job, right? My part-time agency is international," she continued without waiting for Merne's reply, "so we could get you a job with them here, in Japan, even without paperwork!"
This sounds both fishy and too good to be true.
"All you have to do is come with me right now, and I'll show you what I do for the agency," Ran said, absolutely bubbly at the idea. As Merne sat trying to comprehend what was happening, she grabbed his wrist and dragged him with her. "Come on!"
Nononononono not again! "Ran-san," Merne shouted as Ran weaved through the foot traffic of the airport to one of the security stations, "why are you taking me with you?! I thought this job was for someone really qualified!?"
They arrived at the security station with Merne breathing slightly heavy. As he looked up, he saw that there was a glowing handle. It was set into the wall. Uuuuum...
"R*breath*Ran-san...?" Please tell me this isn't what I think this is.
Ran grabbed the handle and pulled instead of answering. Inside was a battleground, all broken rubble and gunfire and explosions flaring occasionally. A soldier, looking oddly like Merne, looks through the open doorway, right at the pair. "Whoops," Ran says, quickly shutting the portal. "Wrong frequency! Lemme try again--"
Ran pulled the handle again, and this time it opened into a fantasy setting. There was a castle not too far away, besieged by an army of black-armored knights. Fireballs and lightning bolts streaked from both sides, while a commander in shining blue armor shouted encouragement to his beleaguered force on the wall. Merne could tell that it was only a matter of time before the defenses fell.
Ran turned to Merne, taking a step into the the open wall and pointing to the castle. "This is my job today Merne-san. I have to save the forces in that castle, or all the worlds connected will fall." As she entered, her business attire turned to a well-made dress. "Will you help me, Merne-san?"
This had to happen to me, Merne thought.
Yet he stepped into the portal, watching as his casual clothes turned into robes with light armor. He felt a sort of electric fire start inside of his chest, a sort of wind blow through his mind. He felt like he could make tornadoes fall, or earthquakes off a fault line. He felt like he was on top of the clouds, at the bottom of the sea.
Unable to fully process his feelings through this new sensation, he merely asked, "What's the hazard pay for interns?"
Fourth Episode, End-uh.
(Nani!?! New placeholder end!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFL5Q68mun4
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:21:13 am by Merne23 »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 03:14:54 am »
"Ah!" Kanako exclaims as she stirs a pot of beef, potatoes, cabbage, and several spices. "I forgot to ask Merne-san if you eat it with or without the broth! Ah well, I'm sure he'll be happy I made him dinner for our first date..."
Kanako continues stirring the pot for a few seconds, humming the tune to a song where the bride of a beautiful prince murders both him and his mistress in their sleep.
Then she perks up. "Wait... Ran and Merne-san are still alone at the airport!" She checks the time. "Oh, Ran's been on the job for at least an hour now," relaxing and checking the stew. "Merne-san will be alone when I get there. There's no way she'd take him on a job meant for professionals."

WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS!?! Merne mentally screamed, running as fast as his legs would carry him away from a wing of swooping knights riding wyverns.
Ran laughs at Merne's misfortune from the top of a nearby cliff, protected by the allied archer line. "Merne-san," she manages to say between laughs, "this is the funniest thing I've seen in forever!"
"WOULD YOU PLEASE GET ME SOME HELP IF YOU HAVE TIME TO LAUGH?!?"

Nanami lay facedown on her bed, far away from everyone else.
"He hated my writing..." she sobs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:07:58 am by Merne23 »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 05:20:39 pm »
(Merne walks into the office after unlocking the door for the second day in a row with the secondary key kept in a safe location. He sighs as he turns on the lights and finds that, once again, the only person in the office was Min, sleeping on the couch in the waiting area.
Merne resignedly walks over to his own office, looking dolefully at the wall scrolls along the way. Min's ears twitch as she softly snores.
"What I wouldn't give to get those guys to work..." He sighs again, opening the door to his office. "I guess I'll just write up more of the script by myself... Unless..."
Struck by an idea, Merne sets his machine and his lunch on his desk, then goes over to the waiting area and sits in one of the laz-e chairs. He watches his neko-meido friend sleep peacefully, unaware that the day had begun.
Merne sighs for a third time, but this time in contentment. Y'know, He thought, as Min turned in her spot, maybe being here alone all the time isn't so bad.)

Offline Iron Duke Isen

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 09:58:54 pm »
The door slams open as Iron strolls into the room, startling his neko maid so badly she literally jumps two feet into the air. The Mad Admiral gives a big smile as he strolls in. “Sorry I’m late; I’ve spent the past few days packing for a big move and then moving and then unpacking from the move. I apologize for the inconvenience. On the bright side though, I now have a shiny new office!”

Isen holds aloft his cell phone, its screen displaying a luxuriant office space, resplendent with furnished bookshelves, soft velvet-coated chairs and a fine mahogany desk. Behind which, a very inspirational oil canvas picture of the Iron Duke stood, dressed in his uniform, gazing stoically ahead. On either side, two pictures of his comrades humbly kneeling could be seen, expectantly awaiting orders from their commanding officer.
Seemingly satisfied with Merne’s assessment of his picture album, the Iron Duke slipped his phone in his pocket before smiling.

“Now if you excuse me, I’m off to bathe in the finest chocolate and drink tea made by cockney maids, or whatever the hell rich people do. Toodles.”

With an airy wave, the admiral turned, marching out the door in search of his next amusement.

------------------------------------------

It was early evening by the time a figure in a wheelchair emerged from the hospital, pushed by a figure in a white nurse’s outfit. In spite of his earlier enthusiasm, Isen remained almost suspiciously silent as his new caretaker wheeled him away. He had tried to psyche him with the thought of spending time with Aiko, dressing himself in a dress shirt and pants, and even sneaking over to the gift shop--in spite of the immense pain from his injuries--to buy her a bouquet of white lilies. As much as he tried though, he couldn’t bring himself to say a word to Aiko, even amid her usual mild flirtations as she set him in his wheelchair and they started for his rental car. He was too busy watching her father all the while.

...Watching as Doctor Kurogawa carefully sliced an orange with a large kitchen knife while staring at him from the nurse’s station...

...Watching as Doctor Kurogawa carefully slammed his hand against a stapler repeatedly as he prepared Isen's release forms while staring at him from the front desk...

...Watching as Doctor Kurogawa carefully took the emergency axe from the fire cabinet while staring at him from the hospital’s doors...

“You’ve been quiet.” Aiko said. Isen gave a start at the sound, casting his hands onto either rest of his chair as if a bomb went off. She took no notice as she opened the passenger door of his car for him. “Think you can climb into the passenger seat on your own? I can carry you if you’d like.”

She crouched by the side of his wheelchair, mimicking the act. One arm would presumably be behind his back, while the other provided support for his rear. Isen must have stared at this for a moment or two too long, because she brushed her cool, soft fingers against her bangs before providing him with one of her devious little smiles.

“Don’t worry.” She gave a little wink. “I don’t try to cop a feel until the second date.”

Isen blushed a little at that, mumbling some polite, overly chivalrous refusal not even he thought he understood. With a slight effort he rose, seating himself in the passenger side. Aiko watched him carefully before giving a slight frown at his sudden refusal to provide more than the shyest, coyest response possible, her displeasure showing more in her eyes than her mouth itself. Had Isen seen it, he might have worried she might give up her exuberant, flirtatious attitude around him.
Folding the wheelchair, she placed it gently into the trunk before closing it and strolling to the driver’s side of the car. Though she had been frowning moments before, a small smile had returned to her face by then, and she eagerly started the car. The vehicle slowly moved backwards in reverse, before moving forward and pulling from the parking lot. The two sat in silence for a few moments, with Aiko’s bright eyes and small but eager smile facing the road ahead as Isen sat staring straight ahead, speaking only to provide directions the GPS was all too eager to interrupt. To his satisfaction, she normally ignored the device in favor of Isen’s suggestions, which usually seemed on the mark apart from the one time they looped around to a road they had been along already. Aiko’s smile never once faltered however, even as he sheepishly apologized for backtracking. There was a moment or two of silence before Isen brought himself to speak again.

“So, I um, met your father today.”

“...Oh yes?”

Aiko didn’t shift in her seat while responding, tense or even look away from the road, though her smile seemed to lose some of its luster. Isen wasn’t sure what he was expecting in response, but he was sure this was what he had in mind. He was at least hoping she’d talk a little about him, but it was obvious that wasn’t going to happen without a little extra prompting. He stuck the bottom of his jaw out a little, running his tongue over his teeth before continuing.

“Yes, he seemed very...protective of you.”

“Oh, don’t mind him.” She said, a little of her mischievous smile's warmth returning. He wasn’t sure if she was actually amused at his reaction, or if she was doing it strictly for his benefit, to make him feel better. “The man's a big softy when you get to know him.”

Isen didn’t respond. He didn’t know the man well, but he was certain if one word that didn’t accurately describe her father, it was ‘softy’. He gave off the impression even his organs were made of flint. Isen was interrupted from his thoughts as she continued.

“I mean, he’s had a really rough life. He was born on one of the Polynesian islands in the southeast because grandad was an Imperial Marine in the Pacific and was stranded there. Doctor Kurogawa grew up out there, just him, grandad and granma, carrying on as though the war never ended.”

“...My god...”

“He used to tell me how they used to wander into the swamps to catch twenty foot long pythons, to make them into soup, and how they only left because grandad’s commanding officer during the war showed up while on vacation and ordered him to leave. They had to talk him out of committing ritual suicide there for failing his regiment.”

“Oh my god.”

“The funny thing is that island was technically Japanese, since there had been a Japanese family living there for over eighty years, but when oil was found there, the native Polynesians wanted to put an oil rig on the island, but grandad convinced the Self Defense Force it was sovereign territory of Japan. For two weeks, a SDF destroyer stood off against a bunch of Maori warriors in canoes. Equipped with flak guns and torpedoes.”

The car slowly eased into the driveway of the home Isen’s friends were staying at. Aiko emerged from the driver’s side of the car, looking very smart in her white cotton nurse’s dress and her short-cropped bobby cut. Isen wasn’t quite sure why she was wearing this instead of scrubs. There had to be some logical reason or other behind it, but what there was he couldn’t divine. He pulled himself from the passenger’s side, even as she eagerly moved to lend a hand. Seeing he had emerged just fine, she turned to the front door of the house before Isen’s voice called her back.

“Hey...” He said, still sounding a bit on edge. “That story of yours...is it true?”

“...” She gave him a little humored smile, as though she thought it obvious he was supposed to decide on his own before she gave a small wink. “What do you think?”

She turned, moving enthusiastically to the front door even as Isen shuffled his injured form up the stairs behind her. She stood there, waiting for him with a warm smile after she took the top step. Isen’s hand rose, knocking smartly at the door three times.

“Hello? Its Isen here, I’m a friend of Merne and John’s? I just wanted to see if they were in.”

Offline Merne23

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »
The door slams open as Iron strolls into the room, startling his neko maid so badly she literally jumps two feet into the air. The Mad Admiral gives a big smile as he strolls in. “Sorry I’m late; I’ve spent the past few days packing for a big move and then moving and then unpacking from the move. I apologize for the inconvenience. On the bright side though, I now have a shiny new office!”

Isen holds aloft his cell phone, its screen displaying a luxuriant office space, resplendent with furnished bookshelves, soft velvet-coated chairs and a fine mahogany desk. Behind which, a very inspirational oil canvas picture of the Iron Duke stood, dressed in his uniform, gazing stoically ahead. On either side, two pictures of his comrades humbly kneeling could be seen, expectantly awaiting orders from their commanding officer.
Seemingly satisfied with Merne’s assessment of his picture album, the Iron Duke slipped his phone in his pocket before smiling.

“Now if you excuse me, I’m off to bathe in the finest chocolate and drink tea made by cockney maids, or whatever the hell rich people do. Toodles.”

With an airy wave, the admiral turned, marching out the door in search of his next amusement.

It was early evening by the time[...]
(Merne nearly jumped out of his skin when Isen barged in, but his unenthusiastic nods and noncommittal grunts to Isen's 'new office' seemed to suffice. Isen boldly strode out then, immediately heading for an actual office instead of the janitor's closet.
"Well, he's felling good, at least," Merne says after Isen's door closes.
... Wait, did he just start the next episode?
Merne opened Isen's office door a crack and peeked at what he was doing [trying very hard to ignore the self-portrait Isen had actually put in his office.
He forgot to put in a placeholder for the intro! Merne thinks, shocked. And he didn't even color Akio's lines, or anything! That means she may as well be a mook!
Merne shut the door quietly and went over to his own office. Min had run off somewhere to shake off her shock, but would come back soon enough to vent her frustrations on Merne.
Well, there are a few things to do until that happens, Merne thinks. Writing how Nanami reacts to Isen showing up at the door with a nurse.
Merne grins wickedly. Oh, this is going to be splendid.)

“Hello? Its Isen here, I’m a friend of Merne and John’s? I just wanted to see if they were in.”

Nanami heard the knocking from her room, and was alarmed to hear a vaguely familiar voice calling out two names she'd learned recently.
Be calm, Nanami, she tells herself. It's just the last third of them. John-san didn't seem so bad, Akane seemed to like him, and Merne-san even liked how I draw. She nods with this and proceeds to the front door.
She opens the door with the expression she usually has; she shows no outward feelings and wears a small, polite smile. "I'm afraid they are both out," she tells the finely-Western-dressed Isen. "If you wait until dinner, I'm sure they'll be..."
Nanami trails off as she notices the beautiful 'nurse' next to Isen.
She could actually be a nurse, one part of her thinks. Don't take that chance, nonnono! a larger part thinks. The final portion of her silently cries, despairing that all of her new guests were weird perverts.
"Pleasecomebacklater!Wedon'tservethatstuffhere!" Nanami shoots another bullet-train of words in panic, and hastily slams the door, blushing heavily.
I should have pretended I wasn't home... she thinks as she goes to the kitchen to make herself a snack.

Akio blinks confusedly. "You didn't tell me you were staying with Muufuji-san, Isen-san," she says to Iron. "If I'd known, I would have had time to explain the outfit, before she shut the door."
Akio tilts her head a bit in thought. "Is there another way in? A way directly into the basement, perhaps?"

Offline John Titor

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 12:50:45 am »

It was early evening by the time[...]
(Merne nearly jumped out of his skin when Isen barged in, but his unenthusiastic nods and noncommittal grunts to Isen's 'new office' seemed to suffice. Isen boldly strode out then, immediately heading for an actual office instead of the janitor's closet.
"Well, he's felling good, at least," Merne says after Isen's door closes.
... Wait, did he just start the next episode?
Merne opened Isen's office door a crack and peeked at what he was doing [trying very hard to ignore the self-portrait Isen had actually put in his office.
He forgot to put in a placeholder for the intro! Merne thinks, shocked. And he didn't even color Akio's lines, or anything! That means she may as well be a mook!
Merne shut the door quietly and went over to his own office. Min had run off somewhere to shake off her shock, but would come back soon enough to vent her frustrations on Merne.
Well, there are a few things to do until that happens, Merne thinks. Writing how Nanami reacts to Isen showing up at the door with a nurse.
Merne grins wickedly. Oh, this is going to be splendid.)

Just as Merne and Iron head for their respective offices, a deliveryman with an oversized package  with suspiciously similar holes to those you can fin on a petcarrier box,  arrives at the office's reception.

Believing it to be office supplies and additional yarn balls for the neko-meido assistants, Mio, the intern producer-sama hired as  assistant and receptionist , signs the  receipt handed out by the deliveryman, confirming the package has arrived corretly to its destination .

She then turned to Bill, one of the interns the evil Kana_The_Boss-sama employed to do the accounting part :
 "Bill, help me move this box out of the way, producer-sama will get mad at us if he sees it laying on the entrance hall".
Not without some difficulty, the pair of underpayed interns manage to move the oversized and unusually heavy box into the laz-e room.

Just as they left the room, a series of noises , similar to those of cardboard bein torn apart came out of the box. In a similar fashion as the xenomorph tore through the chest of the unlucky astronaut in the first "Alien" movie, a crazy looking man with a labcoat busted from the box, filling the room with a rain of torn paper , pieces of cardboard and yarn balls of all shapes and colors. This lunatic by the way , was no other but John, the third script writer of this weird series.

Dusting off the remains of the box  off him, John stepped out from what had been his  den for the last 24 hours. He then streched out and took a look at his watch.
"Those guys of the express mail service really know how to do their job, got here exactly on time. Those guys from the passenger airlines should learn from them instead of giving lame excuses such as "sorry but we cannot relocate you to another flight today ". What a bunch of incompetent mouth-breathers ."

Taking good care not to alert Merne or Iron, John slipped into his office,ready to start working on his part of the script. The office itself looked quite different from that of his fellow writers: if one had to describe it with words, it would be how the office of an augmented samurai-guitarist would look like in some crazy dystopian future , or in plain english, BLOODY AWESOME!

"Well time to get to work .*Checks how far Merne and Iron have written*. Looks like it's time for the John to solve another misunderstanding with the help of his wit , good looks and talking skills".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John and Akane got off the train and started walking towards Rin's and Nanami;s house. On the trip back,Akane had offered to help John carry the shopping, but he had politely refused, saying  that "it wouldn't be a proper  of a gentleman to make a lady carry such heavy items".
She muttered something  John couldn't hear, something among the lines of "idiot" and  that "it would be really unchivalrous if you actually collapse due to your silly bravado and I have to drag you AND the shopping home".

After 5 minutes they arrived at the entrance of the house,only to  meet Isen on a wheelchair being pushed by a “good looking lass in a nurse outfit”, comment that by the way, earned John a precise and swift head-chop from Akane.

“Hi Isen, knew you wouldn’t stay at the hospital for long. The question remains however, did they let you go or did they kick you out? *turns to Akio* (Gratuitous Weeaboo mode engaged. ) Hajimemaste, John desu. Doozo yoroshiku. *bows* And this lovely lady to my left is Akane” -*signs with his head back to the shrine maiden, who elegantly bows as she replies with and educated salutation “*. "I hope my friend here hasn’t caused you too much trouble, he can be a bit… special at times, but other than that he’s quite a decent guy.”

Isen grumbles a bit at John’s witty remark, but he soon comes out with a polite and intelligent response, as expected from the finest gentleman since Professor Layton.

“It’s a pleasure to meet both of you , my name is Akio. I’m the nurse from the hospital who is going to be overseeing the recovery of this bad boy over here *looks at Isen*”

“What are you guys doing out here anyway? Aren’t you going to enter? There people inside, you know? You just have to knock…”-Akane asked

“Quite an observant lady , aren’t you?  The point is we already did, but Nanami was the one who opened and I think Akio-san here scared her.”

“My oh my, -Akio said with a playful tone- "First you say that I’m scary , and then you are so cold to use the –san honorific with me, as if I was nothing but a stranger…" -Akio started pouting- "After all that has happened between us and even though I already got you to meet my father.You are so cruel Isen-kun…” –she giggled  as she pressed closer to Isen – “What am I gonna do with you?”

Akane backed away a couple of steps “Yuck!”-she whispered, to no one in particular – “That woman is really the clingy type… this whole scene makes me sick” .

“I find it kind of funny, seems like Isen has finally met his match. That’s not something you see everyday”.

“Hmmph! Whatever, let’s get this over with” – Akane replied.

She then walked straight to the door and knocked a bit harder than would be proper. “Oi! Nonami, open up! It’s us, were back from shopping!”
For what appears to be 3 whole minutes, there’s no response to the knock. Then, all of the sudden, the door slams open, and Kanako, still wearing her police uniform under the cooking apron, comes out with rests of what appears to be tomato sauce -”Or at least , I hope it is tomato sauce and not something else”- John says to himself.  Kanako hugs Akane, and after greeting Isen and Akio.

“Make yourselves confortable, specially you Isen, you seem to need some rest and special care, but I think that you’re in good hands  with Akio-chan . “ – she then turns back to Akane – “Ooooh! You brought some fancy spices and a lot of ingredients for a good curry! I’m sure we can make one tomorrow, today I’m cooking something special..” * for Merne-kun * -she whispers this last part.

John let’s out a nervous laughter at that perspective, trying not to flip out after discovering Kanako is actually a law enforcer . “If dealing with a psycho wasn’t enough, now she has the possibility of putting me out of the scene through the legal system… Oh well I should be OK as long as Menre doesn’t do anything to piss her off.”

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 04:20:54 am by John Titor »
Currently playing through all FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War,    FE: Blazing Blade, Fe: Binding Blade, FE:The Sacred Stones, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, FE: NMotE,  ,FE: Awakening , Fe Fates (CQ & Rv Lunatic), FE Echoes: SoV (Hard Mode)
Playing : Setting up Thracia 776
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Merne23

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 11:45:06 pm »
(Merne does his best to get out of Min's headlock, to little avail.
"Mercy! Uncle! I yield!" he shouted from his position in Min's iron grip, again without effect. "I have to write up more of the episode, please let me go, Min!"
"You have no hold over me here," Min says, tightening her hold, "you pervert!"
Merne smacks Min's arm as he chokes, hoping that he won't die. After about a minute without fresh oxygen, Min suddenly releases Merne and storms out of his office.
"Don't do it again, pervert!" she shouts from her primary place near the reception desk.
Merne leans on his desk, spluttering for a bit before catching his breath. She's really mad... I'll make it up to her later. For now, more episode... and a commercial break.)

[Insert time for messages from our sponsors.]

Ran practically skipps out of the portal, her day's job done. "Aaah, that was the most fun I've had at work in a long time, Merne-san!" She exclaims as her clothes return to the business-y outfit she'd been wearing when she had entered.
Merne stumbles through the opening, and the cheers reaching out to him are suddenly cut off when the portal shut behind him. He huffs and puffs, and leans on his own legs to stay upright. "Speak for yourself," he said when he could. "I was terrified for my life the whole time, nevermind that I almost sunk the continent with that last big confrontation."
Merne leans on the wall, regaining his senses. The powerful feelings of... well, power he'd felt inside the portal were gone, only held in place by memory, and it seemed that his body was trying to erase that, too, to try and reduce Merne's trauma.
Ran laughs. "Of course, it's because of you that today was so fun, Merne-san. Usually I just solve the problem the portal shows me, then head back. But today..." She looks into the distance, "we saved that entire world! We saved it, and everyone else connected to it! We're heroes!"
Merne looks to where Ran is looking, but it's just a window. "Yea, well, being a hero tires out the person underneath." Merne's stomach growls at him loudly. "And hungry, too. Could we, I dunno, go somewhere and--"
Merne is interrupted by his phone vibrating, which is fine, since Ran didn't seem to be listening anyway. "Moshimosh?"
"Merne-kun," Kanako says in a way she thinks is cute, "I made that dish you mentioned, since you said you wanted it!"
<Holy f***ing s*** I have underestimated this psycho b****.>
"It didn't seem quite... lively enough though, so I also made some noodles with tomato sauce! I hope you'll come back and enjoy them!" She giggles a bit. "Sorry to leave you all alone at the airport, Merne-kun, but I hope you didn't wait up for me or anything!"
Merne feels great danger, (first at the noodles [Did she find out my heritage?] then at the heavily implied threat,) so he says his bit with caution.
"A-ah, yeah, no worries, Kanako," he says, looking at the glowing handle. "I found something to do. You actually made corned beef and cabbage?"
"I stopped by work first, to ask around about a few things, but yes! I think it turned out well. Oh, do you eat it with or without the broth?"
"Who are you on the phone with, Merne-san?" Ran asks as she comes back to reality.
Merne, for the second (or third, the time in the portal's getting fuzzy) time that day, felt the world around him stop.
Pleaseno! Maybe she didn't hear it--
"Is that Ran-chan, Merne-kun?" Kanako asks with murder.
Ah, um, s***, I ah, um"Y-yes, Kanako, apparently she just got off from her job," he says in what he hopes is slightly surprised.
He speaks briefly with Ran, setting his phone away from his mouth. "Ran-san! I'm on the phone with Kanako, my 'girlfriend', so if you could please--"
"Oh! I'm sorry, please continue your conversation," Ran says a bit hurriedly. "I'll just be over there!" She points to a nearby bench before darting to it.
Merne brings the phone back to his ear. "Right, so, what was that about noodles? Because I love me some noodles!" Merne laughs a forced laugh and hopes Kanako doesn't have him arrested.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:35:45 am by Merne23 »

Offline Iron Duke Isen

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 01:01:57 am »
Isen’s eyes had gained their hooded expression they always did when Isen was going into ‘Maximum Snark’ mode. After regarding her beneath his eyelids for just long enough, he was just about to tell Aiko that--regardless of what he thought of her--no, he wasn’t about to risk ending up going through the window and ending up in front of her father again. Fortunately--or unfortunately--a familiar voice called him from his Snark Overdrive. The Iron Duke gave a smile as the figure came into view.

“Ah, John--good to see another proper gentleman.” Isen gave a genteel bow from where he was seated to Akane. “I take it he is treating you like a proper lady, miss Akane?”

Aiko blinked at John’s greeting. Isen could only presume she was questioning if this was reality. Eventually however her small, warm smile came back to life as she gave a small nod. Isen meanwhile grumbled a bit at John’s witty remark, but he soon comes out with a polite and intelligent response, as expected from the finest gentleman since Professor Layton.

“It’s a pleasure to meet both of you, my name is Aiko. I’m the nurse from the hospital who is going to be overseeing the recovery of this bad boy over here."

“What are you guys doing out here anyway? Aren’t you going to enter? There people inside, you know? You just have to knock…”

“Quite an observant lady, aren’t you?” Isen said, the hooded look in his eyes returning. His anger was understandable, since it was in no small part due to still being stuck in his wheelchair outside. He turned back to John and Aiko, his snark disengaging as he exhaled. “The point is we already did, but Nanami was the one who opened and I think Akio-san here scared her.”

“My oh my,” -Akio said with a playful tone- "First you say that I’m scary , and then you are so cold to use the –san honorific with me, as if I was nothing but a stranger…" -Akio started pouting- "After all that has happened between us and even though I already got you to meet my father. You are so cruel Isen-kun…” –she giggled  as she pressed closer to Isen – “What am I gonna do with you?”

Isen was quiet for a moment or two. To an outside observer, he may have been upset at his friends, or simply lost in his own thoughts. In actuality however, he was trying to ignore the sensation of Aiko leaning against his shoulder, or the way her face seemed to shine with her open expressions.

Now now Iron, no need to let her bend you out of shape. Its what she wants. Think of pretentious things. That worked back in college.

He felt the front of her outfit rubbing against his sleeve. It hasn’t really struck him before, but she really had the body type he was drawn to. Not necessarily hourglass, but she wasn’t thin and straight like so many modern girls either. The slightly untidy bobby cut she wore, likely trimmed by herself with only a hand mirror and a pair of scissors, also lent her a very unique look. Of feminine self-reliance, perhaps. She had a pronounced pair of breasts--not that he looked even for a second--that seemed to be a size C, his preferred size...

Again, had he thought to look.

Which he didn’t.

C’mon, think pretentious. Matinee showings of the Criterion Collection...illustrations made from butterfly wings...Obscure Japanese indy games...

She leaned a little into his arm, letting his arm dig a little into her top.

Scratch that--Obscure Japanese indy HORROR games! Dutch silver smithing. Danish butter. Aiko’s hair. Chinese classical music. Aiko’s long eyelashes...

Fortunately, Isen’s battle with his simmering sexual tension was put to a premature end by Kanako letting them in. Aiko stood with a small smile, evidently pleased by the slight blush in Isen’s cheeks as she directed his wheelchair over the stoop of the doorframe. He took in a deep breath as they came in, mostly to dispel his thoughts of Aiko, even if the food did smell quite good.

“My, that smells quite delicious.” Isen said with a complimentary smile and a nod to Kanako’s cooking ability. Had he been familiar with Kanako’s sinister mystique, he probably would have kept his mouth shut and gone back to thinking about the woman eyeing his thick head of wavy gold hair, but unfortunately he had no idea what they were getting into. In fact, he was having a little trouble remembering when he first got here. Something about trying to find a friend or other. Oh right--John. Good to see he was safe. But didn’t that mean there was someone missing? Well, he doubted that meant anything insidious. But it wouldn’t hurt to ask where their fearless leader was.

“Say, does anyone know where Merne is?”
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:55:22 pm by Iron Duke Isen »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2015, 01:39:08 am »
Kanako chuckles a bit into her phone, which grows into actual laughter, which soon becomes hysteric. "I'll be waiting for you at the office, Merne-san!" She nearly stabs through her touchscreen ending the call. She then dials a speed dial.
Kanako clears her throat a bit when someone answers. "Yes, kouhai? It seems like another suspect from that illegal crossings case has turned up. He went back to the airport, and he has an accomplice, Ran Takenaka, a part-timer for the Agency. Yes, that Agency, kouhai. Yes. No. Yes. Alive, if you can. Good. See you when I get there, kouhai!"
Kanako rips off her apron and storms out of the house. "Don't eat my first dinner to Merne-san! Make sure it doesn't burn either!" She seems to calm as she turns back in the open doorway. "But please, enjoy the noodles. It seemed like Merne-san didn't want them anyway." With that, she's off to the nearest police station.

Merne stares at his phone, after making sure the call was over. He couldn't notice, but he was shaking incredibly. "Ran-san... We may need to go..."
Ran looks to Merne. "You made her upset." This was not a question.
Merne looks to Ran with eyes without life. "Y-yeah. I made her mad. We should go. Before cops."
They start out of the airport, one hoping that the sirens won't start while they're nearby, the other wishing her friend wasn't so sensitive.