Author Topic: Publishing Under Sekai Project  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Helrouis

Publishing Under Sekai Project
« on: May 20, 2015, 12:09:20 am »
Hi guys,

It's been a while and I just want to say that all of our financial troubles are sorted out thanks to the almighty empire of Alpacas which is Sekai Project. We have the choice to avoid the early access release this month and instead just introduce the public demo.

• How's the build coming along?
    - We got the new title screen updated, we linked the dialog to the overworld and we have a working tutorial mission to teach the basics.
  • What are your plans now?
    - We will release a public demo by the end of the month, then start the early access spree when we do have a single route done (Claine's).
  • When is the real final release date of the game?
    - September/October are our target months. It all depends on the number of OCD triggers we'll get along the way. o-o
  • How will the backer missions be dealt with?
    - The overworld system is (really needlessly) large, and the contents right now barely fills up 5% of it. We intend to make the most of the system and add more content as the audience demands. Any backers who are willing to expand can coordinate with us and give us ideas to release in (Free/Paid) DLCs.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:58:46 pm by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Pal

Re: Publishing Under Sekai Project + Updates
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:46 am »
Good news!

And congrats.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 12:16:03 am »
woot.

wallet is open!
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 01:40:10 am »
Welcome to the herd. =w=

Offline Pal

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 01:55:38 am »
What's that from, shamu?

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:11 am »
labu laibu.

listen to lovelive and you life is full of love.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Shirley

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:58:32 am »
YAY! CONGRATS!!

and S**T!! I forgot to ask you something when you were on! Dang it!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 03:42:49 pm »
Congratulations!

But Sekai project must be very confident in the Grisaia pre-orders, considering their financial situation isn't that good.

Looking forward to the demo, even if I probably won't be able to play the betas that much (how it will work for backers, they will receive the betas at the same time of the early access?).

And for DLCs, remember: An expansion of Sera with the three stooges (3 others Martian backer captains) would be gold. Despite not knowing half of them, I'm pretty sure it could be both hilarious and awesome.

Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 08:05:57 am »
Now I'm imagining a series of interludes which involve Sera berating her three minions for always screwing up her plans, and blasting off and mottos. And maybe a bit of "I'll get you next time Junius! NEXT TIIIIIIIME~!"

All OOC, of course :P

I'm definitely willing to expand in serious and non-serious ways. Not sure how we'd go about it, but I think it's a good way to add content as long as there's a proper vetting process to keep the Sierra Ops story and universe intact. It could actually be a great way to elaborate on it in ways that you may not have gotten the chance to in the main story. Looking forward to hearing more about this when there's more information.

On a more on topic note, congratulations! I'm looking forward to the public demo, beta and seeing how backers can help to flesh out the Overworld. There's a lot of locations, after all, and the war seems focused around the moon. That leaves 3/4ths of the map. I do have a question, however, about the partnership with Sekai Project. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Youko against such a partnership? If I'm not, what has changed?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:49:45 am by Arraxis »

Offline Youko

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »
Now I'm imagining a series of interludes which involve Sera berating her three minions for always screwing up her plans, and blasting off and mottos. And maybe a bit of "I'll get you next time Junius! NEXT TIIIIIIIME~!"

All OOC, of course :P

I'm definitely willing to expand in serious and non-serious ways. Not sure how we'd go about it, but I think it's a good way to add content as long as there's a proper vetting process to keep the Sierra Ops story and universe intact. It could actually be a great way to elaborate on it in ways that you may not have gotten the chance to in the main story. Looking forward to hearing more about this when there's more information.

On a more on topic note, congratulations! I'm looking forward to the public demo, beta and seeing how backers can help to flesh out the Overworld. There's a lot of locations, after all, and the war seems focused around the moon. That leaves 3/4ths of the map. I do have a question, however, about the partnership with Sekai Project. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Youko against such a partnership? If I'm not, what has changed?

I am easily swayed by the allure of the almighty dollar.

Just kidding.

The alternative was do early access now and hope to get funding or try more crowd funding.  Seeing that Sekai was willing to take care of our operating costs every month so we can actually finish the game hassle-free, it ended up being the best solution. While we're still working for practically free, at least we have something to put into keeping the forums alive and Jason fed. That's really the important thing here.

As far as the Sierra Ops universe goes, honestly, I'm not really sure where that's going to go after this. I might be interested in vaguely linking it to the multiverse of my own projects, but I doubt there will be another entry in the franchise.

While I'd be alright with working with Jason again (granted he keeps his deadlines better), I doubt he'd be willing to keep the others on the team so in all-likelihood innomenpro will be disbanding after this. As far as DLC goes, we'll have to see what happens in the future, but right now the focus is on getting the game done.

Offline Pal

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 03:51:24 pm »
I doubt he'd be willing to keep the others on the team so in all-likelihood innomenpro will be disbanding after this.
Even if he tossed most of the people out the window, that doesn't means innomenpro would die.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »
I am easily swayed by the allure of the almighty dollar.

Just kidding.

The alternative was do early access now and hope to get funding or try more crowd funding.  Seeing that Sekai was willing to take care of our operating costs every month so we can actually finish the game hassle-free, it ended up being the best solution. While we're still working for practically free, at least we have something to put into keeping the forums alive and Jason fed. That's really the important thing here.

As far as the Sierra Ops universe goes, honestly, I'm not really sure where that's going to go after this. I might be interested in vaguely linking it to the multiverse of my own projects, but I doubt there will be another entry in the franchise.

While I'd be alright with working with Jason again (granted he keeps his deadlines better), I doubt he'd be willing to keep the others on the team so in all-likelihood innomenpro will be disbanding after this. As far as DLC goes, we'll have to see what happens in the future, but right now the focus is on getting the game done.

Good to know. And remember, you can even be lucky and get a great hit (for an indie game, that is). Actually, as Sierra will have a Japanese translation, only for that it has more prospects of getting anything than Sunrider. You gotta have dreams...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Youko

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 12:08:09 am »
I doubt he'd be willing to keep the others on the team so in all-likelihood innomenpro will be disbanding after this.
Even if he tossed most of the people out the window, that doesn't means innomenpro would die.

That's the thing. We have literally talked about it and Hel/Jason has literally said Innomenpro will probably disband after this. xDDD

Offline Shirley

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »

That's the thing. We have literally talked about it and Hel/Jason has literally said Innomenpro will probably disband after this. xDDD

D:

The forum won't die now will it??
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Pal

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »
He should keep the name. >_>