Author Topic: Strike Witches (Season 3)  (Read 13222 times)

Online WeAreTheMeta

Re: Strike Witches (Season 3)
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Well, finished watching the 2 seasons, the OVA and the movie.

I liked it, although I really shouldn't have hoped for the story to be more developed because...well...was mostly disappointed about that~

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Shirley

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 11:52:47 pm »

I liked it, although I really shouldn't have hoped for the story to be more developed because...well...was mostly disappointed about that~

We'll see what Season 3 has to offer.

In the meantime, here is more artwork and character profiles...that I can't read...

I can't wait to see some of them in action...both on and off the battlefield if you know what I mean.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2016, 07:04:56 pm »

Oh yeah. I don't know about you, but I watch it for the battleships. *Riiiggghhhttttt*

But in all seriousness, I like the alternate history part of it, the weaponry, and the girls are all likeable and fun to watch. And the "touch" fan-service is always welcome. I do admit, though, the flying battleship was... unique.

In the meantime, here is more artwork and character profiles...that I can't read...

I can't wait to see some of them in action...both on and off the battlefield if you know what I mean.

Mm, I've got to take some time out one of these days to look through these. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:06:50 pm by FALprofessional »

Offline Shirley

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:30 am »

Oh yeah. I don't know about you, but I watch it for the battleships. *Riiiggghhhttttt*

But in all seriousness, I like the alternate history part of it, the weaponry, and the girls are all likeable and fun to watch. And the "touch" fan-service is always welcome. I do admit, though, the flying battleship was... unique.

Mm, I've got to take some time out one of these days to look through these. Thanks!

Yeah, thought the flying ship was pretty ridiculous....
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2016, 08:19:17 am »

Yeah, thought the flying ship was pretty ridiculous....

I like the idea of the japanese just putting floater on the Yamato for it to be on the Rhin though

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 04:21:32 pm »
I like the idea of the japanese just putting floater on the Yamato for it to be on the Rhin though

Definitely! I was thinking how in the world is it travelling up a river. Then, I saw the floats, and I began to wonder if that was an actual military practice. Sure enough, it is. I just love that faithfulness.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2016, 06:34:47 pm »
I hear the anime will air in fall. I will watch it episode by episode.

I hope striker subs comes back. They did a great job.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 08:40:07 am »
I came home and THIS GORGEOUS PIECE OF PREVIEW TEASER WAS IN MY NEWS FEED! WATCH IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLUqd-jEBuE

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2016, 09:56:23 am »
That was awesome! I want Season 3! Now!

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2016, 10:37:16 am »
I just hope I'll like Georgette(that name though) more than Perrine (well, her name doesn't even sound french, so I guess there is still a progression)

Offline Shirley

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2016, 08:23:50 am »
That was awesome! I want Season 3! Now!

Same....

I just hope I'll like Georgette(that name though) more than Perrine (well, her name doesn't even sound french, so I guess there is still a progression)

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....remember they're all based on pilots...and I found the one she's based on...though the page is only in FRENCH! F**K!!

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemare

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2016, 10:19:56 am »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....remember they're all based on pilots...and I found the one she's based on...though the page is only in FRENCH! F**K!!

Seems he was one of the first French ace. When France surrendered, he first went at Dakar, got a few more victories, then went back to the mainland in July 42, only to be captured when the German finally started to occupy the whole country in November (before that point only the north part was occupied, the south part being "free", as much as Vichy's Republic could be seen as freedom).
After 6 month he manages to get back in North Africa, and decide to create a french pilot group on the Russian front, gaining a lot more victories until the end of the war. Stalin even left him and his group keep the Russian plane they were using at the end of the war, when they returned in France.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43:40 pm »

Seems he was one of the first French ace. When France surrendered, he first went at Dakar, got a few more victories, then went back to the mainland in July 42, only to be captured when the German finally started to occupy the whole country in November (before that point only the north part was occupied, the south part being "free", as much as Vichy's Republic could be seen as freedom).
After 6 month he manages to get back in North Africa, and decide to create a french pilot group on the Russian front, gaining a lot more victories until the end of the war. Stalin even left him and his group keep the Russian plane they were using at the end of the war, when they returned in France.

................that's amazing Meta....thanks for the summary (and translation and history background).

Lucky bastard was recognized by Russia and kept a fucking plane fml.

Probably why Gorgette is a healer...

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 06:40:09 pm »

................that's amazing Meta....thanks for the summary (and translation and history background).

Lucky bastard was recognized by Russia and kept a fucking plane fml.

Probably why Gorgette is a healer...

Yay, I got praised by senpai~

The "Stalin let him keep the plane" part was too awesome for me not to speak about it~

Offline FALprofessional

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2016, 12:38:01 pm »
I came home and THIS GORGEOUS PIECE OF PREVIEW TEASER WAS IN MY NEWS FEED! WATCH IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLUqd-jEBuE

I just died. Then, I was revived, because I don't want to miss this mastahpiece.

Stalin even left him and his group keep the Russian plane they were using at the end of the war, when they returned in France.

Like a boss! 8)

Updated: June 05, 2016, 01:06:43 pm
On another note, dat Girls und Panzer der Film, doe.
Yeah boi
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:11:17 pm by FALprofessional »