Author Topic: Character Side Missions  (Read 16783 times)

Offline saibotlieh

Re: Character Side Missions
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »
Whoa. Icari and kryska like you more than Chigara?!?

THE PLOT. IT THICKENS.
That Icari has so many affection points towards you doesn't mean that she likes you or anything, I-idiot.  :P

Fun fact, you can even end up with negative points for Ava and Asaga. Might be worth a special event...

Claude only likes you as much as cossette?!?

THE PLOT. IT THICKENS MORE.
Have you ever seen both in the same screen? Hmmm...

CLAUDE PROBABLY LIKES IT AS THICK AS POSSIBLE

Sorry, I know it's the worst, but I coldn't help it. The stress of exams. I'll show myself out....
:o

But all the best for your exams.  :)

it's likely not all of the mission complete flags are set because they were forgotten and never really needed. I think only a few even had such a flag to begin with and most others were added by EnderShadow iirc simply for the sake of completion.

I'm actually not sure what the theoretical maximum values are for all the affection levels - that's more Sam's domain. I'm not even sure he knows xD
these values will be exported to LibDay though. I'm sure Sam will find a way to use them :p (that is, assuming you finish the game on version 7.2)
Thanks, fair enough. The numbers should be at least not too far of as far as I can gather.

I didn't even know that some were missing. I'll go add them now.
Thanks a lot. Not using these specific ones at the moment, but in the future they might come in handy.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 12:59:34 am »
So, I ran through the Ava quest again and I have been getting the same error I got last time. It is likely a compatibility issue with the Extensive Mod.
Terrible sorry, I somehow missed your post till just now.  :-[

Did you change the two lines
Code: [Select]
        BM.xadj.value = 872
        BM.yadj.value = 370
to
        BM.xadj = 872
        BM.yadj = 370
before starting the game? If so, it can't be the identical error (since the lines are changed). Could you post the new error message so that I can have
a look at it? Also, do the other two missions work for you?

Offline 7twenty

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 08:43:14 am »
I did not change that. I downloaded the new mod, though, so if it was changed in the update, it should be. I will look.

Updated: June 19, 2015, 08:49:29 am
Here it is.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 976, in script call
    call SL_SM_AvaMission_NiamhDefence_BM_Init # sets mission variables
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 983, in script
    python:                                #
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 1005, in <module>
    BM.xadj.value = 872
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'value'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 976, in script call
    call SL_SM_AvaMission_NiamhDefence_BM_Init # sets mission variables
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 983, in script
    python:                                #
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\ast.py", line 785, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider\renpy\python.py", line 1445, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Mod_SL_SM_AvaMission.rpy", line 1005, in <module>
    BM.xadj.value = 872
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'value'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.3.404
Sunrider Mask of Arcadius  Beta 7.2 Extensive Mod

Updated: June 19, 2015, 09:02:30 am
I ran the mod after changing those two lines and everything ran perfectly. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:02:30 am by 7twenty »
Itís not the great who are strong. Itís the strong who are great.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 06:14:54 pm »

Updated: June 19, 2015, 09:02:30 am
I ran the mod after changing those two lines and everything ran perfectly. Thanks!
Very good, glad that it works for you now.

Unfortunately at the moment the mods either work for 7.2 or for the Extensive Mod, not both at the same time. But I will have another thought about what could be done.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 06:02:17 am »
And I would love to see the artifact made into a usable weapon.

Well it took a lot more effort than I anticipated but... Have an Unstable Warp, capable of transporting ships across the battlefield and evading counterattacks for the cheap cost of 10en per hex! (May malfunction)

This is fully configurable, it costs 30en initially and then an additional 10 en per hex (needs 40 to use, this is modifiable to whatever you like) so 100 en can get you 7 hexs. It also has a chance to spawn enemy ships (and even some allied ones instead of warping... Including a 1 in 1000 chance of spawning the Legion!

You can disable the malfunction easily or increase its likelihood and there are 10 lists you can use to spawn ships with (you can also alter the probability of each list being chosen)

Because it had to be added in such a complex way, it needs my functions file (included in the zip) and your main file for the warp function. It also needs a small bit of set up:

BEFORE its used in battle then you need to add

python:
    BM.battle = modifiedbattle
    MouseTracker.event = MTeventMod
    get_movement_tiles = MovTile2

This will also extend the movement of Ryders so they can use their full energy in one move.

If you look at the function file on line 424 then there is a bit of code that lets you add talk buttons onto the ship map from a list, might be interesting for your side missions

Hope the codeings going well!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:11:19 am by The Bigfoot »
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 04:42:59 am »
The next character mission is finished and uploaded. This time everybody who was nice to Sola can enjoy an extra mission.

Get it while it is still full of bugs and bad spelling hot.

I also modified the other missions and the main file. The older versions should also work with the new main file, but I am not really sure about that. To be sure it would be best to download all files and replace the old ones, there should be no disadvantages doing so. Hopefully from now onwards the main file will be fully backwards compatible.

For anybody who is using the Extensive Mod, there is now a variable in the main file called "SL_SM_ExtensiveModUsed" that should make the missions compatible with that mod when changed to "True".
Well it took a lot more effort than I anticipated but... Have an Unstable Warp, capable of transporting ships across the battlefield and evading counterattacks for the cheap cost of 10en per hex! (May malfunction)

This is fully configurable, it costs 30en initially and then an additional 10 en per hex (needs 40 to use, this is modifiable to whatever you like) so 100 en can get you 7 hexs. It also has a chance to spawn enemy ships (and even some allied ones instead of warping... Including a 1 in 1000 chance of spawning the Legion!

You can disable the malfunction easily or increase its likelihood and there are 10 lists you can use to spawn ships with (you can also alter the probability of each list being chosen)

Because it had to be added in such a complex way, it needs my functions file (included in the zip) and your main file for the warp function. It also needs a small bit of set up:

BEFORE its used in battle then you need to add

python:
    BM.battle = modifiedbattle
    MouseTracker.event = MTeventMod

This will also extend the movement of Ryders so they can use their full energy in one move.

If you look at the function file on line 424 then there is a bit of code that lets you add talk buttons onto the ship map from a list, might be interesting for your side missions

Hope the codeings going well!
Thanks a lot, I will have a look.

Don't know if I can use the warp drive for anything soon, since I am still trying to get all the first character missions together. Might also be a problem that some python code has to added to the mission code to use it. This means that it won't be available for the vanilla missions without modifying them, right?

The talk buttons for the ship map sounds very interesting as well. Sounds like a much better way to introduce the missions than putting destinations onto the galaxy map.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »
Thanks a lot, I will have a look.

Don't know if I can use the warp drive for anything soon, since I am still trying to get all the first character missions together. Might also be a problem that some python code has to added to the mission code to use it. This means that it won't be available for the vanilla missions without modifying them, right?

It can be used at any point after those functions are set, if you config override an early label and add the code in, then it will be available for any missions after that. I haven't looked into when BM is initialized so I might say set it up after the first mission.

Never really had much to do with Sola so am looking forward to this, will check it out tomorrow!
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 04:40:11 pm »
It can be used at any point after those functions are set, if you config override an early label and add the code in, then it will be available for any missions after that. I haven't looked into when BM is initialized so I might say set it up after the first mission.

Never really had much to do with Sola so am looking forward to this, will check it out tomorrow!
Okay, took me a bit of time, but know I think what you are doing with the modifiedbattle. It is a bit like the config override for labels, just this time you are replacing the def battle(self) with your def modifiedbattle(), right?

Altogether I am a bit uneasy replacing labels or functions, but I can see the reasoning behind it. It just means that one has to look out that the original code (that is included in the modified code) is not changed in future updates.

I had a play with including buttons and I like it. I did not get the code working using "config.override('dispatch','Dispatch2')", but "config.label_overrides['dispatch'] = 'Dispatch2'" seems to be doing the trick just as well. I will see if using some buttons in my missions will make sense.

I also tried to find a workaround for the label overriding. There is a way using planet locations like this:
    Planet("Dummy", "Warpto_Nowhere", 1, 1, "CheckForNewButtons()")

def CheckForNewButtons():
        setlabels()
        return False
So this will refresh the buttons on the ships map each time the galaxy map is accessed, while the planet itself is of course never shown. The same should be doable for an item in the Mining Union shop. Only problem is of course that the buttons will not be refreshed coming back to the shipsmap after a mission or a button. Therefore it might still be better to override the Dispatch label after all.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 06:41:13 pm »
Altogether I am a bit uneasy replacing labels or functions, but I can see the reasoning behind it. It just means that one has to look out that the original code (that is included in the modified code) is not changed in future updates.

I had a play with including buttons and I like it. I did not get the code working using "config.override('dispatch','Dispatch2')", but "config.label_overrides['dispatch'] = 'Dispatch2'" seems to be doing the trick just as well. I will see if using some buttons in my missions will make sense.

I also tried to find a workaround for the label overriding. There is a way using planet locations like this:
    Planet("Dummy", "Warpto_Nowhere", 1, 1, "CheckForNewButtons()")

def CheckForNewButtons():
        setlabels()
        return False
So this will refresh the buttons on the ships map each time the galaxy map is accessed, while the planet itself is of course never shown. The same should be doable for an item in the Mining Union shop. Only problem is of course that the buttons will not be refreshed coming back to the shipsmap after a mission or a button. Therefore it might still be better to override the Dispatch label after all.

Your entirely right on the config, just me being an idiot  ;). It should actually be auto-done with the function file, I was uncertain about autoing it but it should be done at game start up and its a very small change that isn't noticeable if its not used anyway.

I have considered using planets, the Eval function will basically run any code that its given and is very suited to refreshing something as it runs almost constantly when its shown, if you try putting a create_ship func in and you can have 100+ ships in under a min!

The reason I went with dispatch modification instead is I don't think its going to change this late in the game's development, and it runs whenever you can use the buttons. I have actually sent a PM to Vaendryl asking if he can include the changes in the base code so there would be no need for an override.

Okay, took me a bit of time, but know I think what you are doing with the modifiedbattle. It is a bit like the config override for labels, just this time you are replacing the def battle(self) with your def modifiedbattle(), right?

Exactly, as far as I can see, to make the grav wep work it needs to be done like this because of ui.interact() causing errors if you try and run something whilst it is still active. As the player turn is basically a constant loop containing that, the function needs to be scheduled to run after a mouse click and before another. That said I am not a coder and someone else may see a better method.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:04 pm »
Well, this took longer than expected, but I have now finished & uploaded the next mission.

Be extra nice to Asaga and maybe she might grace you with an extra mission, where cheesy lines justice will be served.

I am now using code from The Bigfoot's "M52-53Functions_7.2.rpy" file which allows to use custom character buttons on the ship map as an alternative to the warp locations on the galaxy map. The file also removes the limitation to the range of movement to 4 spaces in battle. If this limitation should be reinstalled (for example to reduce potential lag), just change this line close to the end of the file:
to
    #get_movement_tiles = MovTile2

All the older missions also got updated again. But if one wants to use the last version instead, they should work with no problems with the new Mod_SL_SM_Main.rpy file.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2015, 05:22:40 am »
Firstly, (I meant to post this a while ago but am half goldfish) I really enjoyed the Sola mission, the battle was interesting and had a nice touch with the SPOILER. Both that one and this have really amazing work with the graphics and the characterisation was very good aswell. The only minor issues would be a few burrs with the dialogue, but I am probably the worst person to help with those.

On Asaga's mission, again the graphics/animations were fantastic, the story was entertaining, the characters all fitted in well and the battle was challenging as well as fun.

It was a nice idea linking the transport's health to the reward (I might need to steal that) and the PACT Mines were frankly a work of art  ;D. A very enjoyable addition to the game.

There was one problem that was probably just an oversight...
Spoiler
You left the Liberty in the battle, so Chigara spent most of her time in a corner being shot at whenever PACT mooks were bored.

It would be a little more work but it could also be useful to have a check for the BlackJack hp > 0 and modify some bits of dialogue with the transports (If your an idiot like me and somehow get it destroyed within the first 3 turns).

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:35 pm »
Firstly, (I meant to post this a while ago but am half goldfish) I really enjoyed the Sola mission, the battle was interesting and had a nice touch with the SPOILER. Both that one and this have really amazing work with the graphics and the characterisation was very good aswell. The only minor issues would be a few burrs with the dialogue, but I am probably the worst person to help with those.

On Asaga's mission, again the graphics/animations were fantastic, the story was entertaining, the characters all fitted in well and the battle was challenging as well as fun.

It was a nice idea linking the transport's health to the reward (I might need to steal that) and the PACT Mines were frankly a work of art  ;D. A very enjoyable addition to the game.

There was one problem that was probably just an oversight...
Spoiler
You left the Liberty in the battle, so Chigara spent most of her time in a corner being shot at whenever PACT mooks were bored.

It would be a little more work but it could also be useful to have a check for the BlackJack hp > 0 and modify some bits of dialogue with the transports (If your an idiot like me and somehow get it destroyed within the first 3 turns).
Thanks for the feedback (and the provided code, again), I am glad that you enjoyed the missions.
Spoiler
Typically of me to forget to set the Liberty coordinates to none, thanks for pointing that out, fixed now.
The idea that the Black Jack gets shot down did in fact not occur to me at all, good point. I will have some thoughts about that.

I guess we are in the same boat concerning the dialogs. Checking for spelling errors is easy enough, making it sound like fluent english, not so much. For me the lines do seem right, but I guess I am not natural enough with English (in fact, I must force myself to write American English as well, since I am only used to write British English from my job).

But I am happy that I get the characters halfway right and that you like my ideas for the stories and combats. Also I enjoy playing around with the graphics quite a bit, there is a lot that can be done once one finds the right commands. The mines were in fact more of an accident at the start, but they turned out rather nicely I think.

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 06:44:07 am »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!
finnaly some new mission
so well i rid most of all
will this be compatoble with other side mission?
also for the artefact (mr bigfoot) will this be compatible with other mod like the one about phoenix booster?
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2015, 10:39:54 am »
finnaly some new mission
also for the artefact (mr bigfoot) will this be compatible with other mod like the one about phoenix booster?
Glad you like them.  :)

My side missions are certainly compatible with each and should also work with any mod that does not change the basic game in any way.

It should at least also work with Astral's Extensive Mod (if you set the "SL_SM_ExtensiveModUsed" variable in the Mod_SL_SM_Main.rpy file to True) and The Bigfoot's Phoenix Restoration Mod. The Phoenix booster might not be available in my missions though.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2015, 07:10:33 pm »
finnaly some new mission

The booster should be compatible with everything, except atm if something tries to modify the phoenix whilst the booster is alive from the store, although that should be fixed with the next release.

If the booster was detached in the previous mission then as long as the mod doesn't overwrite battle_start (I cant think why it would), it will automatically re-attach before each mission and any references to phoenix will point to the attached booster instead.

Basically, it should work fine with pretty much any mod (I actually tested it on some of saibotlieh's mods to make sure)

If you meant the artifact weapon, that should be compatible with anything so long as you have the main rpy file from saibotlieh's mods.