Author Topic: Character Side Missions  (Read 15380 times)

Offline Inaho Rowe

Re: Character Side Missions
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »
It should at least also work with Astral's Extensive Mod (if you set the "SL_SM_ExtensiveModUsed" variable in the Mod_SL_SM_Main.rpy file to True) and The Bigfoot's Phoenix Restoration Mod. The Phoenix booster might not be available in my missions though.

t-too much info bzzzzzzzsht psssshhhhhhh *brain burning* XD
well anyway thanks for the info well then i know what i'll do when i'll have time....and enough vital force.....

Last Edit: Today at 08:06:56 PM
weeeeeeeeeeell i won't be able to give anny feedback for a moment since i completly and uterly messed and ****** up my game file XD
first in place i tought that upon re installing the game after a long time i had to redo all mod then i re installed all mod and upon playing a new game crashed XD
so i tried remplacing all file with a "back up" i had done long time ago but now i'm crashing upon lunching the game~~i completly jixed it XD

edit: everythings going and rocking on the space in a new start
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:43:21 pm by Inaho Rowe »
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2015, 09:51:07 pm »
Glad to hear so, hope you'll have fun with the missions.

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2015, 10:19:51 pm »
Glad to hear so, hope you'll have fun with the missions.
i wanna cry XD

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/PhoenixMod/game/M52-53Functions_7.2.rpy", line 824, in script
  File "game/PhoenixMod/game/M52-53Functions_7.2.rpy", line 825, in <module>
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'start_funcs'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\renpy\ast.py", line 778, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670
Sunrider Mask of Arcadius  Beta 7.1a

when starting second battle of first arrival XD gonna check on my side but basically i can't
see why
unless it came from other mod i installed
those are by the way

SQbranch1
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=804.msg18934#msg18934 from rhi
side battle
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=652.msg14758#msg14758 from blue orange
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2015, 10:48:54 pm »
i wanna cry XD

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\renpy\ast.py", line 778, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670
Sunrider Mask of Arcadius  Beta 7.1a

when starting second battle of first arrival XD gonna check on my side but basically i can't
see why
unless it came from other mod i installed
those are by the way

SQbranch1
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=804.msg18934#msg18934 from rhi
side battle
http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=652.msg14758#msg14758 from blue orange
Hm, first thing I see is that you again have a seperate PhoenixMod folder in your game folder, but that does not seem to be the main problem here. Further there might be a problem with using Beta 7.1a instead of 7.2, but I am not sure about that.

Altogether it seems to be a problem with The Bigfoot's Phoenix Restoration mod. I think it might be a problem with the outcommented lines at the end of M52-53Functions_7.2.rpy file (the ones with the # in front). I guess it could work if you remove the #, but to be sure best post the error message in The Bigfoot's thread, he should be able to help you better than I can.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:56:04 pm by saibotlieh »

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »
strange i don't see anymore folder

well i'll do that then, thanks for the help
i gonna ask but for now i have to go sleep a bit before going to work... XD it's already 1 am over there XD
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:59:08 pm by Inaho Rowe »

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 11:05:46 pm »
strange i don't see anymore folder

well i'll do that then, thanks for the help
i gonna ask but for now i have to go sleep a bit before going to work... XD it's already 1 am over there XD
From what I can gather there should be a C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\game\PhoenixMod\game folder. Cut&Paste that folder into C:\sr\SunriderMaskofArcadius-all\ and it should be okay. But as I said, that does not seem to be the problem anyhow.

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 12:06:50 pm »
okay so i didn't tought ava mission would be unlocked so soon XD
what is the time limite for it ? i am currently going onto the first side mission (official one)

well i just completly it
i have to say
wow...it was worth th pain to go againt my bad luck
and thanks to my skill i managed to win the battle
SPOIL
seriously those thow iron shit jjust freaked me out but well wasn't much
still the 4 torpedoes scared me to death! XD i didn't know they where able to shoot that much XD
i selected to make here keep her half i don't know what influence had the two other but well
for the brief up the storie was really hot dude gg
it pain me that we can't create easely image for character and ship and that i couldn't have some ceran ship and this guy that seemed good but well ~~
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:17:38 pm by Inaho Rowe »

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »
Good to hear that the mods work for you now and that you are enjoying them.  :)

Having the character missions that early was not really intended, I will have to think about that again. But good work finishing the mission anyhow. There is no time limit for all missions by the way. As long as you can access the ship and galaxy map, you should be able to do the missions.

Offline CommissarZek

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 04:53:09 am »
Well, I spent an afternoon toying around with these missions, and I enjoyed Ava's more than I thought I would, that's some good shit.  Hope you don't mind that I fixed up some of the grammar throughout.  I definitely enjoyed that ending though, I'll admit I wanted it to end up the other way.  Good stuff man, keep it up!

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 04:52:42 pm »
Well, I spent an afternoon toying around with these missions, and I enjoyed Ava's more than I thought I would, that's some good shit.  Hope you don't mind that I fixed up some of the grammar throughout.  I definitely enjoyed that ending though, I'll admit I wanted it to end up the other way.  Good stuff man, keep it up!
Thanks, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed them. One of my worries is that I might not get the characters right, but from the feedback so far I seem to be doing okay.

Speaking of feedback and characters, other people also told me that I am not doing as well as I could on the grammar front, and I don't like the idea that I reduce the immersion into the story by having the characters sound like cave people from time to time. Therefore, you are more than welcome to fix that grammar up. Furthermore, I would be really thankful if you could send me the fixed rpy files or a list of changes you made so that I can see what I did wrong and correct the uploaded files as well.

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 01:55:48 pm »
well i damit it was pretty tought so early XD but if i could have done it latter thant it's no problem
and it wasn't as hard as rhi side mission......*have a chill trought all his body just remembering it* XD

anyway yeah the story was really good, like a said it's too bad nobody can easely design an avi for character even if one they are just side character for side mission (beside going like that you could almost do other side missions for each level of affectio you reach like one per chapter (first arrival mask of archadius and soon liberation day and maybe futher XD reusing some perso like the informant))
and new ship~~ i could also have seen a litle battle with some pirate over the wreckage
i also unlocked claude side mission but since i was in the midle of the crash weeking part i couldn't do it right after
and i also bought the artifact for chigara

so for the artegact i read that it may not be compatible with main mission? is it safe to use?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:10:13 am by Inaho Rowe »

Offline CommissarZek

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 02:30:27 am »
Speaking of feedback and characters, other people also told me that I am not doing as well as I could on the grammar front, and I don't like the idea that I reduce the immersion into the story by having the characters sound like cave people from time to time. Therefore, you are more than welcome to fix that grammar up. Furthermore, I would be really thankful if you could send me the fixed rpy files or a list of changes you made so that I can see what I did wrong and correct the uploaded files as well.
Well, I managed to fix up some of the homophones and grammatical changes in Ava's mission, mostly.  The dialogue is much more natural now instead of how formal it was, added some contractions and whatnot.  It's good stuff though for someone whose first language isn't English though, I think it only sounds awkward because it might sound more natural in another language.  Do you mind me asking what your first language is?

I'll get to work on the other files tonight/tomorrow, depending on how much I manage to write in my stuff.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 09:00:45 pm »
well i damit it was pretty tought so early XD but if i could have done it latter thant it's no problem
and it wasn't as hard as rhi side mission......*have a chill trought all his body just remembering it* XD

anyway yeah the story was really good, like a said it's too bad nobody can easely design an avi for character even if one they are just side character for side mission (beside going like that you could almost do other side missions for each level of affectio you reach like one per chapter (first arrival mask of archadius and soon liberation day and maybe futher XD reusing some perso like the informant))
and new ship~~ i could also have seen a litle battle with some pirate over the wreckage
i also unlocked claude side mission but since i was in the midle of the crash weeking part i couldn't do it right after
and i also bought the artifact for chigara

so for the artegact i read that it may not be compatible with main mission? is it safe to use?
I pushed the mission a bit to the later stage now, but good to hear that it is also managable that early in the game.

In theory I could add some graphics to my mods, but so far I want to keep the necessary files as small and few as possible. Maybe once I finished all missions I will think about creating versions with advanced graphics...

Also I might have to think about disabling the missions for certain times as it seems. For example, they should not be available when they have to crash the wedding instead.

Thanks again for all the feedback, this is really helpful for me.
Well, I managed to fix up some of the homophones and grammatical changes in Ava's mission, mostly.  The dialogue is much more natural now instead of how formal it was, added some contractions and whatnot.  It's good stuff though for someone whose first language isn't English though, I think it only sounds awkward because it might sound more natural in another language.  Do you mind me asking what your first language is?

I'll get to work on the other files tonight/tomorrow, depending on how much I manage to write in my stuff.
Thanks a lot for that, I am already going through the files. While I won't adapt every change, many of them do indeed improve the flow of the sentences.

Things I am keeping are for example:

- that Ava uses less contractions, since I want to make her sound more formal. I also use that from time to time for Kayto.
- captain instead of Captain (and the like), since it is used that way in the original game as well
(by the way, I noticed that you also change variable names like captain_prince to Captain_prince, that might trigger errors if the variables are case sensitive)
- also I will stay closer to my lines of the informant dialog, since they fit better to the character I had in mind

But that is no critism in any way, just explanation why I did some things the way I did. Again, I am very thankful for this and this certainly improves the quality of the mod as a whole.

My first language is German by the way, which makes me more prone to use way too long sentences I am afraid. However, I am currently working in the UK for already about three years now (not that much direct client interaction though). So while I can make myself understandable with not much problems, I still do lack the native fluency.

Offline CommissarZek

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 05:23:44 am »

Thanks a lot for that, I am already going through the files. While I won't adapt every change, many of them do indeed improve the flow of the sentences.

Things I am keeping are for example:

- that Ava uses less contractions, since I want to make her sound more formal. I also use that from time to time for Kayto.
- captain instead of Captain (and the like), since it is used that way in the original game as well
(by the way, I noticed that you also change variable names like captain_prince to Captain_prince, that might trigger errors if the variables are case sensitive)
- also I will stay closer to my lines of the informant dialog, since they fit better to the character I had in mind

But that is no criticism in any way, just explanation why I did some things the way I did. Again, I am very thankful for this and this certainly improves the quality of the mod as a whole.
Yeah I blanket changed captain to Captain, just because of formality with the title.  Mostly, there are exceptions.  Also I didn't know how you wanted the informant to be so sorry about that one.  Like I said, I was focused on trying to make the dialogue seem more normal to me, I'm never really respectful when it comes to canon.

My first language is German by the way, which makes me more prone to use way too long sentences I am afraid. However, I am currently working in the UK for already about three years now (not that much direct client interaction though). So while I can make myself understandable with not much problems, I still do lack the native fluency.

Ich hab's doch gewusst!  Or... Or is it Ich es gewusst?

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:30 pm »
Yeah I blanket changed captain to Captain, just because of formality with the title.  Mostly, there are exceptions.  Also I didn't know how you wanted the informant to be so sorry about that one.  Like I said, I was focused on trying to make the dialogue seem more normal to me, I'm never really respectful when it comes to canon.
No worries, in fact I enjoyed reading that different interpretation of that character. I is just not my idea of her. But as I said in the opening, if you want to modify my modifications, feel free to do so. I like seeing that my work inspires work by other people.

By the way, I noticed a few spelling errors. For me it is always helpful to load the file into word (or similar programs) to make a spell checking to spot these quickly.
Ich hab's doch gewusst!  Or... Or is it Ich es gewusst?
First one is spot on. But you made it easy on yourself by choosing words without at least one , , or . :P