Author Topic: Proposal: Melee Dash-cut for the Pheonix, and perhaps other ryders  (Read 2791 times)

Offline NewAgeOfPower

Re: Proposal: Melee Dash-cut for the Pheonix, and perhaps other ryders
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 07:22:42 am »
Well it's important to note that the ships aren't to scale. Ryders in adjacent tiles are fairly far apart assuming the hex is the size of a capital ship. Not like miles apart, but far enough to make it practical for one Ryder to hit multiple Ryders in one attack

The solution is really easy- jury rig, buy, or have Chigara build a new warp ring. When Icari uses 'Overdrive' she teleports and attacks the 3-7 (depending on balance etc) closest Ryders.
Working on a collaborative Sci-fi novella. Teaser here.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 07:33:13 am »
Well it's important to note that the ships aren't to scale. Ryders in adjacent tiles are fairly far apart assuming the hex is the size of a capital ship. Not like miles apart, but far enough to make it practical for one Ryder to hit multiple Ryders in one attack

The solution is really easy- jury rig, buy, or have Chigara build a new warp ring. When Icari uses 'Overdrive' she teleports and attacks the 3-7 (depending on balance etc) closest Ryders.

Then people would whine about her not recovering her lasers (and having both that bulky lasers and warp rig and being able of melee at the same time would be kinda cheating).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 11:21:44 am »

Incidentally I am currently makeing a mod that lets chigara rebuild the booster for the phoenix and it will have a short range warp. There is no melee on the booster, however you can warp next to them, detach and melee as normal.

About half way done makeing it so probably ready sometime 2020.
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 10:35:39 pm »
This is a good idea, but brings in many issues. I think should be optional depending on each situation, or have a "Cancel Movement" button.
Spoiler
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much~💕