Author Topic: EPH Prologue first impressions  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Whalecow

EPH Prologue first impressions
« on: June 25, 2015, 05:22:53 am »
This thread will be for sharing initial thoughts on the Eyes of the Pure-Hearted prologue that can be downloaded in the thread of the same name in our news section. Thanks to AkioKlaus for the suggestion to provide an area for feedback.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Jynx

Re: EPH Prologue first impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 02:45:29 pm »
Well, the story itself is okay. Not much to say in that respect, I found the characterisation to be adequate.
The graphical and musical assets are scarce, but well, it is kind of expected and I personally have no problem with it.

Only one thing: please change that font color used to display choices. It is almost unreadable. I'm not a big fan of it in the main menu, too. I personally think black would be far more readable.
And oh, there is something weird with the credits. They overlapse and do strange stuff.

Well, this is it. As they say, GL&HF :)

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »
jynx said everything already. darn im late
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »
Well, the story itself is okay. Not much to say in that respect, I found the characterisation to be adequate.
The graphical and musical assets are scarce, but well, it is kind of expected and I personally have no problem with it.

Only one thing: please change that font color used to display choices. It is almost unreadable. I'm not a big fan of it in the main menu, too. I personally think black would be far more readable.
And oh, there is something weird with the credits. They overlapse and do strange stuff.

The button color will change, I just haven't done so yet. The credits overlap? that's weird. Did you click while they were going by or did they do that by themselves?

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »

The button color will change, I just haven't done so yet. The credits overlap? that's weird. Did you click while they were going by or did they do that by themselves?

for me the screen went black then had a text come up followed by wall of white stuff (text)
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 08:55:31 pm »
Credits were fine for me until I tried to skip.  For experimental reasons of course.

Looks like I'll be following this project closely!  Thanks for sharing! 

Question: will EPH have original art or will there be lots of black screens, etc.?

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 11:03:09 pm »
We plan on using zero black screen for the finished work. For now, black screens will serve as placeholders until we can get our original art done. Also of interest is the fact that our character artist has begun working on all-new Kayto sprites that should make their first appearance in Chapter 1.
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline Jynx

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 11:19:49 pm »

Actually, I clicked. Mainly because I usually don't read game credits, I expected to get back to the menu.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 06:23:11 pm »

Actually, I clicked. Mainly because I usually don't read game credits, I expected to get back to the menu.

ah, that's a known problem with the credits that I'll try to fix.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Jynx

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 04:37:16 pm »
Oh well, it's not even that important... I pointed it out mainly because I had not much else to say :P

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 01:04:25 am »
Also. The text doesn't roll itself out like in most VN's, where I normally double click to advance, so I kept accidentally skipping stuff. The back button is handy for that though.
Spoiler
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much~💕