Author Topic: Official Sunrider Model Data  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Shirley

Re: Official Sunrider Model Data
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 10:03:03 pm »
If anyone is curious, the models can be imported into a game engine.  The amount of polys makes it impractical to use without retopology though.

Unity eh? I use C4D.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Online Geocorn

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 10:08:05 pm »
I'm not familiar with any game engines anymore... I'm just interested in derezing the models for crafts. I agree the poly count is quite high, I was surprised I expected since static images of the models are all that's used that the models would be flatter with more detail being in the textures.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 10:13:46 pm »
I'm not familiar with any game engines anymore... I'm just interested in derezing the models for crafts. I agree the poly count is quite high, I was surprised I expected since static images of the models are all that's used that the models would be flatter with more detail being in the textures.

C4D not a game engine...

Anyway, the poly might be high, but the biggest problem he has are NGons. Though, most of it doesn't matter because he was using the models to take screenshots with only, they weren't going to move, animate, or do anything after that. He just had to render the poly and lighting, and export the screenshot so he could use it.

Nothing else really mattered, so he could have 1 billion poly (bad idea) and it still wouldn't matter because he doesn't HAVE to do anything with it.

Basically, he cheated drawing, which is what 3D is great for; cheating things. XD

But hey, it works great!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Online Geocorn

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:23 pm »
Oh, well HWS was talking about importing into game engines and then you said you don't use Unity you use C4D, so I assumed we were still on the same topic lol

Offline Shirley

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 10:54:16 pm »
Oh, well HWS was talking about importing into game engines and then you said you don't use Unity you use C4D, so I assumed we were still on the same topic lol

C4D can export to Unity.

And if Samu-Kun WAS going to import it over, he would fix the poly issues.