Author Topic: Character evolution  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Helrouis

Character evolution
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:28:22 pm »
We have revised the characters over and over behind the scenes. It's time to show how it went from start to finish:

Rutherford:

Ashton:

Claine:

Jean:

Freija:

Junius:
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Arraxis

Re: Character evolution
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:00:30 am »
Some of those are never-before-seen :D. Always love the chance to see old designs and see how they've evolved as the game's progressed. Rutherford looks like he's in a completely different game!

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:39:15 am »
Wow... That's some evolution... The end results are great though.

Come to think of it, I've never seen the earlier ones. Were they scrapped before they were announced?

But still, the upgrade in quality is clear. Nice work. 8)
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:08:18 pm »
rutherford looks like he got era changed.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:26 pm »
I'm half expecting a side event with Rutherford where he encourages everyone to appreciate the wonders of Steampunk. Or happens to be working in cosplay. Or a super secret easter egg that turns the Sierra into a steampunk-style ship.

Offline [Astral|Zephyr]

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:05:56 pm »
I'm half expecting a side event with Rutherford where he encourages everyone to appreciate the wonders of Steampunk. Or happens to be working in cosplay. Or a super secret easter egg that turns the Sierra into a steampunk-style ship.

That's... actually a really interesting idea. lol.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Online Geocorn

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:10:42 pm »
Cyan hair ftw

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »
Early Rutherford remains me of a Renaissance artist. Aside from that, some changes are quite wild. Junius improved a lot (I really don't know what to think of the early designs), and Ashton too. I actually quite like both the early and final design for Freija, and Claine hasn't really changed much. I admit however that I prefer Jean's early design, those amber eyes are gorgeous (specially when combined with navy coloured hair).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 03:51:27 pm »
I must agree with Marx in regards to Freija. I think all of her designs look great. And I really like the newer version of Ashton quite a bit more- though the original is also nice. While the two Rutherfords feel like entirely different characters, I like both designs.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »
to me, rutherford is at the level of wright becoming edgeworth.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 08:09:14 am »

This is the very first concept art for Junius/Freija I painted back then, then our character artist tried to convert it to his art style, hence that's where the first designs originated.

I soon told him to just work on the characters his way and just scrap the original since he was spending a lot of time w/the conversion.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:11:54 am by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Verthand

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 08:54:47 am »
Thats rly cool to see how the character design changed over the time. Glad they changed for the better! Ty for posting this!

Is it just me or Claine and Jean were submitted to breast reduction surgery? xD

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Youko

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 08:36:01 am »
Thats rly cool to see how the character design changed over the time. Glad they changed for the better! Ty for posting this!

Is it just me or Claine and Jean were submitted to breast reduction surgery? xD

You mean more realistic-clothing-with-breast-interaction?