Author Topic: Liberation Day: 'Waifu' mode  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Crkennat

Liberation Day: 'Waifu' mode
« on: August 01, 2015, 04:21:18 pm »
Ok I've played the new update and I find that the combat has become too difficult. I've started on normal mode and had difficultly with the first mission. I lowered it all the way down to the waif mode so I could breeze through it without effort, but I still haven't been able to survive that mission.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? or am I just that bad at this game?

Offline Shirley

Re: Liberation Day: 'Waifu' mode
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:20:09 am »
Don't worry about it too much.

Right now, it's just a placeholder.

I forgot to mention, battle 1's mostly a place holder. We're not scheduled to revamp the battle engine until Beta 9.00. So just ignore that bit because V8.00 was mostly aimed at improving the VN segments.

Also, run the last part of your save from Mask of Arcadius. You will be prompted after the credits to make an import file for liberation day. Save it anywhere, and the game will find it.

And, if you want reinforcements to stop, knock out cosette first.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:49:39 am by BITE ME UNIVERSE »
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Samu-kun

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:37:55 pm »
Huh, I think the difficulty settings must be bugged. Thanks for the report.

Offline bodph

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:20 am »
I just finished the battle on captain (it was the default difficulty I think), while yeah it was harder than it was before (I was down to only chigara and asaga), I dont think it was too hard. I think if I were smarter with initial unit placement, I would've done better (I didn't really care about it at that point, I just wanted to see how it went)

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 02:36:52 am »
I just did some testing so I can confirm that the difficulty system is broken.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline oldshoe

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:34:34 am »
Yes,

I am fairly useless at this sort of game so I trundle through on easy mode, but I get wiped out on every attempt on this 1st battle

Offline Cliff_Mastah_15

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:42:17 pm »
I think it still needs some more tweeking.  But at least i haven't lost yet.  Just a suggestion samu-kun, if you haven't decided yet, will be possible to use Asaga's awakening at the beginning of LD?
1st Stage: man and sword become interchangeable.

2nd Stage: the sword resides not in the hand, but in the heart.

Final Stage: the sword disappears altogether. The desire to kill is gone; only peace remains.