Author Topic: The Hyperspace Forum Mafia Hall of Fame/Infamy  (Read 15001 times)

Online Revontulet

Re: The Hyperspace Forum Mafia Hall of Fame/Infamy
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 12:22:06 am »
I would like to nominate John Titor, as Claudia in the VC mafia for the Cockblocker Scummie. John was able to continually block an investigative role two nights in a row- prior to the investigator's reveal.  Coincidently, this block also prevented the cop from discovering the role blocker and their alignment on Night 1.

We shouldn't be cock-blocking McLovin, we should be guiding his cock. -Officer Michaels
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 08:32:13 am »
Might have to wait for Whale to confirm/deny this...

Offline Pal

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 06:58:31 pm »
Might as well post this here, since it's about as good/bad a place as any other.
You can read into it whatever tone of voice, inflection, attitude, etc. you wish. I don't care.

Spoiler
Yes, I know "it's just a game." But games are, by definition, supposed to be fun. And quite frankly, I've not been having fun in the mafia games anymore.
I see no reason to continue playing them when people will target me "just 'cause."
Now, if my behavior in game had warranted it, that'd be one thing. But too many times now, I've been attacked for "being suspicious" when I haven't even done anything.
And the only time I actually even tried a hostile action against anyone in a game, I probably would have failed anyway since it was the mafia strongman.
now, if anyone thinks they can convince me to change my mind, you're welcome to try. I'm leaving all mafia games. Have fun finding another innocent target to beat up.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 07:05:16 pm »
Well... I can only speak to ME and waifu mafia:

ME mafia- your lynch was just part of an overall strategy; nothing personal or otherwise.  It just seemed more likely that meta could be swayed than you. 

Waifu mafia- Cat's accusing you on the basis of having detected your alignment.  No way to tell if that's true or false at this point, but you can't exactly say you're being attacked without some kind of reasoning at least.

But all that's besides the point.  Mafia IS supposed to be fun and if you're not having fun, there's no reason to play.  That's really the bottom line.  I'm sorry you feel that way, but thanks for the good times Pal.

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 07:12:00 pm »
Sorry you feel that way, Pal. If you're not having fun, you shouldn't force yourself to keep playing. I'll remove you from Higurashi Mafia. Don't feel pressured to play. I don't blame you; if I weren't enjoying myself, I'd probably drop out as well. Hope you feel better in the future, and possibly join future Mafia games. I just wanted to let you know that I've liked your performances, and that my killing you in Sunrider Mafia wasn't a personal thing. I apologize if it upset you.

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 07:53:29 pm »
game is in the end all about witch hunt. I prefer one night mafia (aka ultimate werewolf) because it reduces likeliness of people just killing the 'odd one out' because you only have one chance to win. Still comes with the problem that mafia can kill anyone 'just cuz'.

so ive been trying to think of better game for forum, but can't seem to balance between easyness, rp/reading, and fun/difficulty. cuz playing D&D will take forever.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 04:36:18 am »
Well, I feel sad too, but as wooly said, if you're not having fun, better let it go. If you let me say something, maybe it would be better to rest for a while and think about it later? While I had fun, I also ended a bit miffed at the end of my first mafia, so I took a small rest, and then seeing how FE and ME mafias went it made me remember the best parts, so I kinda returned all out.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 09:05:58 pm »
still wondering how mass effect turns mass murder just by one person's decision lol.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Online Revontulet

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 09:08:10 pm »
I hate to be the buzzkill, but if this conversation continues, it should be moved to another thread. The purpose here being to nominate for scummie awards...
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 10:01:51 pm »
Sorry to hear that Pal...
Spoiler
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much~💕

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 10:04:01 pm »
i still want romance award.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Whalecow

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 11:19:20 pm »
We seriously shouldn't be targeting people "just cause". That seriously needs to stop. I don't blame him for leaving.

(Also I confirm the Claudia Award.)
Inwhaleably yours,
Whalecow

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2015, 07:41:18 pm »
Awards given to Titor and Whalecow.

Offline John Titor

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »

We seriously shouldn't be targeting people "just cause". That seriously needs to stop. I don't blame him for leaving.

(Also I confirm the Claudia Award.)
Awards given to Titor and Whalecow.

Thanks!!!

Currently playing through all western released FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones, Fire Emblem Awakening, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, Fe Fates
Playing:  Fe Conquest Lunatic
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 08:24:57 pm »
such wonderful roleplays indeed. clap.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-