Author Topic: Publishing Under Sekai Project  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Youko

Re: Publishing Under Sekai Project + Updates
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »
@BITE ME UNIVERSE
You'll have to confirm with Hel, but if people keep using the forums, it'll probably stick around.

@Pal
-shrugs-

Offline Pal

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »
@Pal
-shrugs-
:P

And to add to the off-topicness, your avy makes you look huggable... *huggles*

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Youko

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 10:11:15 pm »
@Pal
-shrugs-
:P

And to add to the off-topicness, your avy makes you look huggable... *huggles*

o3o
-flails-

Offline Pal

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 10:36:13 pm »
:3

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 07:36:10 am »
I am easily swayed by the allure of the almighty dollar.

Just kidding.

The alternative was do early access now and hope to get funding or try more crowd funding.  Seeing that Sekai was willing to take care of our operating costs every month so we can actually finish the game hassle-free, it ended up being the best solution. While we're still working for practically free, at least we have something to put into keeping the forums alive and Jason fed. That's really the important thing here.

As far as the Sierra Ops universe goes, honestly, I'm not really sure where that's going to go after this. I might be interested in vaguely linking it to the multiverse of my own projects, but I doubt there will be another entry in the franchise.

While I'd be alright with working with Jason again (granted he keeps his deadlines better), I doubt he'd be willing to keep the others on the team so in all-likelihood innomenpro will be disbanding after this. As far as DLC goes, we'll have to see what happens in the future, but right now the focus is on getting the game done.

Yeah, that's understandable - Jason's mentioned some of the difficulties of managing everyone else. Depending on the success of Sierra Ops, perhaps getting different people to help for post-game support would be viable. But as you said, this is all stuff to worry about for the future, and the game now is the important thing. I'm going to remain hopeful for the future, but at the same time be realistic about things.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 02:59:31 am »
@BITE ME UNIVERSE
You'll have to confirm with Hel, but if people keep using the forums, it'll probably stick around.

Well, I hope it does....and I hope more games that you all create and branch off to make become part of this site...and...become your own company. XD

I think WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. Ignore me.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 04:03:12 am »
Congratulations boss.  Gorchnik hopes everything goes smoothly from here on out for you.

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:32 pm »
Despite the troubles I've had with my teammates, I have to say that every great empires have their own bloody history, sometimes even among the main family members.

I have watched this series called King Gwanggaeto the Great, and there were two comrades there who fought side by side - the main guy and the bald guy - to escape the hellhole for slaves. They soon knew that they are from opposing countries, and the main guy wanted to befriend the bald guy, but the bald one wants the main guy dead for his capability to move and unite people who even betrayed him at first during their lives in the hellhole.

Their fights went up to the point that the bald guy was able to kill the main guy's wife, and he also made allies with an enemy country who abuses their desperation to also bring down the main guy, but has no intention of giving the bald guy a spot for a country for their tribe.

As the story goes by, when the main guy became King, despite what the bald guy has done to him, he still helped the bald guy when he was in a pinch, and in return he also helped the main guy. They've become the broest of all bros and the main guy even provided him a spot for his country after defeating the enemy nation.

So what I'm trying to say here is, no matter how bad things have become, there's always a way to forgive and work again with one another if both parties are willing. That's how I got my bg artist back recently and as well as getting confidence from my other teammates, hopefully they'll stick around until the development ends.

I'm not a charismatic person who can move my teammates with pure confidence in my decisions, many times my they will doubt every single decision I make, and recently I really had to push my ideas and shut them off, and that I needed to do a lot of things by myself. And if they do agree, most of the time they do not understand what I wanted to portray and was just forced, that's the most frustrating part about it.

Say if I ask my character artist or coder to do that spell scene in Fault Milestone 2 where it shuts the game off because of the epicness (that's what literally happens!), it would be seen as an "extra work", "vanity shit", and/or "useless feature". I always have to bargain /settle down with limitations, not being able to commit my vision thoroughly.

Anyway with all the time spent on research/development, everyone really improved and hopefully we trust each other more. Youko definitely helped a lot in improving my judgment on things and she's doing a great job, almost done at Claine's route. I can't wait to show the actual demo as it really is a huge jump from the previous versions.

As for other concerns, the forums won't die, I'll accept the suggestion of taking the name by myself haha xD. Let's just see how things will go...Thanks everyone. *goes back to work as Youko's been waiting for the proper build for days xD*
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 11:15:25 pm by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Youko

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 12:03:35 am »
*goes back to work as Youko's been waiting for the proper build for days xD*

-Makes grabby hands-

Offline Shirley

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 06:02:05 am »
Spoiler
Despite the troubles I've had with my teammates, I have to say that every great empires have their own bloody history, sometimes even among the main family members.

I have watched this series called King Gwanggaeto the Great, and there were two comrades there who fought side by side - the main guy and the bald guy - to escape the hellhole for slaves. They soon knew that they are from opposing countries, and the main guy wanted to befriend the bald guy, but the bald one wants the main guy dead for his capability to move and unite people who even betrayed him at first during their lives in the hellhole.

Their fights went up to the point that the bald guy was able to kill the main guy's wife, and he also made allies with an enemy country who abuses their desperation to also bring down the main guy, but has no intention of giving the bald guy a spot for a country for their tribe.

As the story goes by, when the main guy became King, despite what the bald guy has done to him, he still helped the bald guy when he was in a pinch, and in return he also helped the main guy. They've become the broest of all bros and the main guy even provided him a spot for his country after defeating the enemy nation.

So what I'm trying to say here is, no matter how bad things have become, there's always a way to forgive and work again with one another if both parties are willing. That's how I got my bg artist back recently and as well as getting confidence from my other teammates, hopefully they'll stick around until the development ends.

I'm not a charismatic person who can move my teammates with pure confidence in my decisions, many times my they will doubt every single decision I make, and recently I really had to push my ideas and shut them off, and that I needed to do a lot of things by myself. And if they do agree, most of the time they do not understand what I wanted to portray and was just forced, that's the most frustrating part about it.

Say if I ask my character artist or coder to do that spell scene in Fault Milestone 2 where it shuts the game off because of the epicness (that's what literally happens!), it would be seen as an "extra work", "vanity shit", and/or "useless feature". I always have to bargain /settle down with limitations, not being able to commit my vision thoroughly.

Anyway with all the time spent on research/development, everyone really improved and hopefully we trust each other more. Youko definitely helped a lot in improving my judgment on things and she's doing a great job, almost done at Claine's route. I can't wait to show the actual demo as it really is a huge jump from the previous versions.

As for other concerns, the forums won't die, I'll accept the suggestion of taking the name by myself haha xD. Let's just see how things will go...Thanks everyone. *goes back to work as Youko's been waiting for the proper build for days xD*

Admin Kit-....

Admin Helrouis,

As a multimedia major myself (Still IP), and someone who has worked to make a 1 level short game for portfolio purposes in a multimedia club (this past semester) where people have either half the required skills or NONE of the required skills for this type of thing, I understand the difficulties in this. There were times when they suggested things like, "What about a double jump?", or "Can we have an easter egg where images in the background merge to make a sandcrawler but can only be visible if they jump at a certain point where it's not needed."

...it's...we didn't have close to the skills or the time needed for that, as much fun as it would have been. But we had good artists, good programmers, and good level designers, and that was all we needed for the game, and all we had time for. Originally, we had the idea that a SECOND level could be made...but that didn't even come close.

I feel you, because there were some suggestions that were AMAZING, but not really doable because of the semester time crunches we had...and the fact that people are able to show up whenever they want...

-Makes grabby hands-

Your picture sir:

Spoiler
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Pal

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:56 am »

-Makes grabby hands-

Your picture sir:

Spoiler
More like a kid reaching for candy.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 07:43:55 am »
I like this for grabby hands: