Author Topic: Sierra Ops Update - August 2015  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Helrouis

Sierra Ops Update - August 2015
« on: September 06, 2015, 07:50:02 am »
(Copy pasted from Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/sierra.ops/ )
Hello guys,

There won't be anything big happening to the game until the Muv-Luv Kickstarter is finished. We know it's a little disappointing, however rest assured financial matters shall no longer be a problem (regardless if the campaign's successful or not).

Now that the main problem's out of the way, we'll be finishing the remaining story outlines for Jean and Freija's routes next, as they're our secondary source of major progress roadblocks. It was a mistake to work on the game without completing them, but because of financial instability, we had to rush development.

We're not saying the demo's a big mistake, otherwise our deal with Sekai Project and solidifying our workflow wouldn't have been all possible.

It may take around two weeks up to a month to cover all the story elements for the outlines (based on our experience before).

Anyway, our main store page is up, featuring the gameplay trailer and old PV - https://store.steampowered.com/app/364210 , with a total of 1600 demo downloads. Thanks to everyone who tried out our game! :)

Here's also our programmer/【Kemeo】's Battle Engine Updates for the month of August if anyone's interested:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18qUs2t2FsBDciAyJ57AuYhxFvWVTfTbg2Rau45idVfE/edit?usp=sharing

And last but not the least, our main artist,【tcwoua】, was able to work on a few CGs for the game. Let us know what you think! https://www.facebook.com/sierra.ops/posts/914850695219752
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:46:50 pm by Helrouis »
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Marx-93

Re: Sierra Ops Update - August
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 08:25:11 am »
We're already on September.....

Well, if anything I'm actually relieved. Rushed developments are sadly very common and one of the worst things it can happen to a game, so the fact that you can now actually take your time is a very good thing on my book Still, at this rate we really may end seeing Sierra Ops on summer of 2016...

Also, good to see Kemeo's hard at work. I spot he has fixed most of the issues we reported, which is very good. It seems he has also added some improvements, so looking forward to beta the next battle demo.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Online Revontulet

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »
Glad to see the site is back up! I was looking for the demo earlier...really eager for this :)
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Pal

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »
H, don't sweat it. We know that the longer you take, the better the game. :P

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 07:04:33 am »
Honestly I'd rather a good game over a game that's out now. Glad to see that your funding issues have been sorted and that you've got a plan on how to progress!

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:31:48 am »
We're already on September.....

Well, if anything I'm actually relieved. Rushed developments are sadly very common and one of the worst things it can happen to a game, so the fact that you can now actually take your time is a very good thing on my book Still, at this rate we really may end seeing Sierra Ops on summer of 2016...

Also, good to see Kemeo's hard at work. I spot he has fixed most of the issues we reported, which is very good. It seems he has also added some improvements, so looking forward to beta the next battle demo.
Realistically, the game will be finished by Q3 , including all possible risks like getting sick or members potentially leaving for a month or two and QA...I've shown the schedule to Sekai and they advised adding a little pressure like doing early access for Q1 to slowly build up the audience up to Q3 as well.
Web/Game Developer
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Shirley

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 04:12:48 pm »
Thanks for the updates. I'll be looking forward to the game once it's finished, and all further updates on it.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Camsinner

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:04 am »
Yeah... Got a quick question for you guys. I'm an indiegogo backer and the forums are saying my account does not have access to that page and when I've requested a download link to the beta/latest backer build i never get messaged back and its starting to annoy me.

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 09:48:04 am »
Yeah... Got a quick question for you guys. I'm an indiegogo backer and the forums are saying my account does not have access to that page and when I've requested a download link to the beta/latest backer build i never get messaged back and its starting to annoy me.
The latest build is only available at Steam so far, I've sent you an email just now about it.
We'll reorganize the website in the next game update/October to have the off-steam builds a lot easier to download for everyone.
Web/Game Developer
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline NewAgeOfPower

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 09:57:02 pm »
*Lurking furiously*
Working on a collaborative Sci-fi novella. Teaser here.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 07:46:13 am »
*Lurking furiously*

Shh... Helrouis is now busy being the on-line community manager for the Muv-Luv KS. Let's just wait until it finishes, and Hel gets a big fat stack of cash with which to improve the game.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Offline Kemeo

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 03:37:42 am »
^ What he said. Progress have been purely internal involving battle systems and what not, which is why I couldn't technically post updates since it probably wouldn't make any sense 90% of the time. Also, I haven't yet reach a stable point to release another test battle build.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 05:15:23 am »
^ What he said. Progress have been purely internal involving battle systems and what not, which is why I couldn't technically post updates since it probably wouldn't make any sense 90% of the time. Also, I haven't yet reach a stable point to release another test battle build.

Good luck. I'll be waiting for that battle build when it's ready.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 05:17:24 pm »
Glad to see that some of you are still working on the game while Hel's otherwise occupied raising capital. Best of luck with the battle engine!

Offline Shirley

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 04:46:24 am »
Progress have been purely internal involving battle systems and what not, which is why I couldn't technically post updates since it probably wouldn't make any sense 90% of the time.

Yeah, that would be like a quantum physicist explaining the the build-up to a solar flare on the atomic level......while we are waiting for a solar flare....
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"