Poll

Which NPCs are your current favorites? Pick up to three!

Gerard
5 (11.4%)
Darius
2 (4.5%)
Sachiko
6 (13.6%)
Mathias
4 (9.1%)
Rabbit
12 (27.3%)
Ishihara
4 (9.1%)
James
0 (0%)
Shikame
0 (0%)
Nolan
0 (0%)
Michiko
4 (9.1%)
Commander Minoru
0 (0%)
Akihiko
0 (0%)
Grace
1 (2.3%)
Madam Kou
1 (2.3%)
Septimus Niles
0 (0%)
The Paper Bag
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Adeptus Evangelion - Rebuild of Stupidity!  (Read 81981 times)

Offline Elvis Strunk

Adeptus Evangelion - Rebuild of Stupidity!
« on: September 21, 2015, 12:23:38 am »
*The wiki page for the game is located here.
*The TvTropes page for the game is located here.
*The prologue is located here.
*Chapter 1 is located here.
*Chapter 2 is located here.

A man, wearing a brown paper bag over his head, walks into a classroom filled with students, appearing between the ages of twelve and eighteen. The bag has an artfully drawn smiling face, easily matching the man's tone as he begins speaking. "Hello, Children. Excited for another day of studying and merriment?" He holds his hands up, in double "okay" symbols, a briefcase hanging from his right picky finger. "Mister Strunk is here to inform you~" He bows, then, holding the briefcase out and flicking it open expertly. "Today, we'll be doing something a bit different!"

Long used to the strange man's antics, most of the students ignore the oddities, and a few ask what the odd looking sheets of paper in the briefcase are for. In answer, the teacher very expertly changes the drawing on his paper bag to a 'wink', taking out a bundle of sheets and putting them on the first desk in each row. "Take one, and pass it along, you know the drill~" With that, he walks to his own desk, turns his chair around, and sits. He waits until each student looks over their booklet. "Now, Children, you all know who NERV is, and what they do. Building the Evangelion project, fighting the Angelic menace; I've taught you enough about this already... what I didn't tell you, is how important each and every one of you is!"

The man jumps up, then, as his voice takes on tones of glee and wonderment. He holds his arms out to the crowd of bewildered students, as several only stare blankly, or scratch at backs of heads. "This document- seven pages in length- is the written form of assigning to NERV to be a Pilot! You Children were all brought here, together, in this class, because you have that Potential! You can all be heroes! You can save the world, have the parental issues, and probably die!" He coughs, then, exaggeratedly. "I mean, save the world. You can save the world. Ah, how sad it all is..."

The teacher sits down again, looking them over. "All right, you'll be working on working on this project, how a while, and then, with luck, you'll be working on this project, instead on working on working on working on this project. Do I make myself clear?" He gets nothing but blank stares, at this. "Ah, let me see... how to explain. Instead of school work and History stuff, we'll be working on the future, instead of the past. Today, and for the extended future, I have leave to not teach you anything other than what it takes to become Pilots! ...don't dawdle just because of this, however, if we don't actually get the Pilots, everyone will probably die."

With that, he begins to list out some simple instructions for the students.

---

If you wish to apply to become Pilots in Adeptus Evangelion, please go to this link, helpfully supplied by Deeox2. I would suggest reading over the Player's Guide, located in the Resources folder, and avoid looking at the GM's Guide- those are state secrets! Though I can't really stop you if you get a little curious~

This game, I, Elvis Strunk, will be your host. The game will not be entirely serious, and will have some comedy, but it should still be taken seriously, and be handled with care from both I, as GM, and you, as players. Now, as you'll see when clicking that link, there are already a lot of submissions. You may be thinking, "How many players does he plan to have?!" The sad truth is, not everyone that applies will get in, or, not immediately.

The idea is to have four players, though I'll possibly stretch that to five, considering how many applicants we have already. And those who don't get in at first needn't despair, as we will doubtlessly need replacements in the future, when you die... or go insane... or lose your soul... or just plain quit, not that anyone would ever do that!

Until recently, the idea was to start the game once my current roleplay, Call of Cthulhu, came to an end. However, as of now, I am considering starting much earlier, as the date of ending for Call of Cthulhu is unknown, and it could last another year at this rate. With this in mind, we would need to determine a time and date that is good for everyone. Once the players have been decided, we'll discuss the format and the timing, and everything- for now, I'll only explain what I'm hoping to do, though it's subject to change, and when I will be available. You can't do much without your king, after all.

The idea is, all in-character events will be in the form of text. If we end up using a format that allows for voice chat, this will be used exclusively for Out-of-Character converse- and don't worry if you're shy, as you won't need to use voice at all, and can post your Out-of-Character chatter using text as well.

What I would prefer to do is use a mix of Google Plus and the site known as Roll 20, as this is what I have used for our previous Adeptus Evangelion game, as well as the current Call of Cthulhu game. However, I know some people don't like Google's systems, and many other options would be available. We could forgo voice chatting and only use ROll 20, or even move to a program, like Skype. Basically, don't avoid signing up merely because of the format, since we'll all decide on what to use together, in the end.

As for the times I'm available, this is a general "Free time every week" situation. I'll try to keep everyone updated if any other time clears up each week, of course, and we don't technically need to meet at the same time and day every time.

GM's availability
I run entirely on EST- if you have something else, I am far too lazy to convert it, so kindly figure out when these times will actually be, for you. I am willing to wake up as early as 9:00 AM, EST, though I can't promise that doing so will allow me to get enough sleep to actually be at my best.

Sunday: From 9:00 AM until I need to prepare for work, around 4:00 PM.
Monday: From 9:00 AM until I need to prepare for work, around 7:00 PM.
Tuesday: From 3:00 PM until I need to prepare for work, around 7:00 PM.
Wednesday: From 9:00 AM until I need to prepare for work, around 7:00 PM.
Thursday: From 3:00 PM until I need to prepare for work, around 7:00 PM.
Friday: From 9:00 AM until I need to prepare for work, around 4:00 PM.
Saturday: From 9:00 AM until Call of Cthulhu starts, at 8:00 PM.

If we wait until CoC ends, all of Saturday would be available, though it might be a while. The reason I'm less available on Tuesdays and Thursdays is because I'm already part of a roleplay going on those mornings. They generally end sometime between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM, but can, on occasion, go longer, so I have specified this time bracket as when I will absolutely be done on those days. While I cannot promise that all sessions will be so long, I imagine from past experience that a four hour block on time would be ideal to set aside- there's nothing worse than having to rush to the end of something because we run out of time, right?

On to the fun part: building characters. The book contains most to all of the information you'll need, but I am allowing a few things- as long as it's not too exploitative (as to be decided by me) I will allow you to take more than 15 points worth of Assets and Drawbacks. It is also not entirely impossible to take some from roots that aren't your own. For example, if you wanted to be a Poster Child, yet have the Frail Drawback. Finally, you can have more Drawbacks than you have Assets- if you want to do my job for me and screw yourself over, I have no objections, though these points will not go toward anything. As an added bonus, everyone is allowed to freely choose their Evangelion's colors and any and all cosmetic attributes.

If you do need any help with this process, I am more than willing to do what I can to aid you, assuming I know what it is you're looking for. Which is unlikely, since I haven't read this latest version of the book yet! Yes, I'm entirely irresponsible. Still, I am not entirely against strange character ideas, and if you have some backstory or plot twist you would like to incorporate into your character, feel free to ask me- the worst that could happen is I say no, and you might just end up getting something interesting and fun out of it. Also, it is not technically required that your character be from this classroom- NERV likely has other ways of finding it's Pilots, so don't be afraid if you want to branch out a bit.

And finally, yes, that is going to be your teacher in the game. No, I am not ashamed. Yes, you will probably all hate him.

---

The teacher, finished explaining the details... sort of, bows again, then straightens out his suit and tie. The students wonder briefly if he'd even been wearing that outfit before his explanation, but disregard it as they focus on the task at hand. They put pens to paper, and begin the long difficult process of saving the universe, all from a small history classroom in Tokyo, Japan.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:35:08 am by Elvis Strunk »

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Re: Adeptus Evangelion - Rebuild of Stupidity!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »
*Meta watch Elvis with star in his eyes*
You play the day in EST time, that mean it's evening for me, so it's the best time so that I can play!
*Meta (and Wefa who was hiding in the shadow) glomp Elvis*

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Jynx

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »
Oh well, it seems there're some nice spots for my timing.

I've already done my stuff... Hope everything is alright.

And now...
Other players, what about a nice game of Russian Roulette? I'll gladly host  ;D

Offline Pal

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:44 pm »
So says the Italian, eh? :P

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 06:20:03 pm »
>still have not watched 2nd ep of eva

ill never make it.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 06:24:57 pm »
-still hasn't finished the second episode of NGE after a year-

-has helped like 90% of people make their sheets-

Ahem.

If anyone needs help with their sheets, just ask. Politely.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 06:29:09 pm »
Watched the original serie and the rebuild movie, didn't watch the end of evangelion movie though, anyways, I don't remember most of the serie, and I think the movies are better

Offline Jynx

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 06:33:39 pm »
So says the Italian, eh? :P

Or we can organise a nice Mafia game... Involving ACTUAL Mafia...   ::)

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:18 am »
GET READY TO FIGHT!

Eli's gonna eat all yo' babies to prove she's better than your pilots!
[May 13, 2016, 02:26:28 pm]:   Elvis Strunk will do his best to shoot Eli with a full load.
Elvis Strunk [May 13, 2016, 02:26:45 pm]:   of bullets
Elvis Strunk [May 15, 2016, 03:31:49 pm]:   Knat's the best part of the harem, and the shortest lasting.
Jynx [May 15, 2016, 03:33:36 pm]:   Stop foreshadowing Knat's death
woolyshambler [May 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm]:   foreshadowing death!? elvis wasn't foreshadowing knat's premature ejaculation problem?

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 06:51:17 pm »
I would eat all your baby, but they are in cuve *shots fired*

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 03:03:12 am »
((Now it was my turn to look something up; thanks meta!))

HA! Neo-Spartan dog; prepare to be replaced by a new Eva pilot paradigm.
[May 13, 2016, 02:26:28 pm]:   Elvis Strunk will do his best to shoot Eli with a full load.
Elvis Strunk [May 13, 2016, 02:26:45 pm]:   of bullets
Elvis Strunk [May 15, 2016, 03:31:49 pm]:   Knat's the best part of the harem, and the shortest lasting.
Jynx [May 15, 2016, 03:33:36 pm]:   Stop foreshadowing Knat's death
woolyshambler [May 15, 2016, 03:34:13 pm]:   foreshadowing death!? elvis wasn't foreshadowing knat's premature ejaculation problem?

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 07:30:16 pm »

Ahem.

if someone is that kind enough to pluck the food with the spoon for me, ill gladly come over and eat it.  i do have char from adeva so ill just base it on that maybe
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Deeox2

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 07:34:00 pm »

Ahem.

if someone is that kind enough to pluck the food with the spoon for me, ill gladly come over and eat it.  i do have char from adeva so ill just base it on that maybe

I have never, ever, heard that saying before in my life.

But I will totally be of service if you make a copy of the sheet and then toss me a link.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2015, 08:18:43 pm »
((Now it was my turn to look something up; thanks meta!))

I don't understand what it means... :-\

Offline mrgw4

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 08:32:12 pm »
*Chris casually hugs eli's mecha with his own.* Kill him. Do it :P. just a couple good shot to the chest XD
yes everything I say can and will have a typo in it.