Poll

I Pledge my loyalty to this top quality anime...

Onepunman
5 (35.7%)
Gotta ketchum all Pokemon
0 (0%)
Haikyuu
1 (7.1%)
RWBY jp dub
1 (7.1%)
Digimon Tri harder
2 (14.3%)
Gintama-silver bals
0 (0%)
Gundam child soldiers.
0 (0%)
Heavy object ions
4 (28.6%)
Hello, World!
0 (0%)
Gundam Fe orphans
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 31, 2015, 01:21:08 am

Author Topic: Weekly Anime battle royal thread! (results seasonly)  (Read 8548 times)

Offline AkioKlaus

Weekly Anime battle royal thread! (results seasonly)
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:12:16 pm »
feel free to murder each other within limits

Thread to talk about best anime of season and fight anyone who defies your logic, or be one with their logic!

not to be confused with what are you watching thread, this is where all the fights will occur.

Rules:
1. No murdering in real life. do not share home locations.
2. No threats. fight fair in here.
3. Contestants are only animes on air. If season changes, pick your new religion of anime.
4. You may teamkill over small things like my waifu better than yours.
5. You may celebrate and brag if your anime deems to have won the season.
6. If past season anime has OVA or movie during current season, they ARE allowed to join the fray. If your anime is messed up having rough time and sticks its foot across multiple seasons (ex. Kekkai sensen) feel free to join fight as well. u wont have good basis tho. However, for OVA and movies, it follows BOTH original release and US release, since to discuss one must be able to watch it first. I may put a balance patch of negative votes on these if they dominate too much.
7. You may use whatever logic to win others, other than threats. Includes good artwork, fanfic, RPing, bribing etc.
8. I recommend main focus of fight to be based on the week's episode, but winner will be decided end of week based on total fans. Feel free to use ep1 to convey greatness of anime for 10 more weeks. Obviously since not all anime starts and ends at same time.
9. If animu gets game or manga release etc, do not include. it makes too much contestants and popular anime to dominate for ages.

have fun.

I'll try to update the thread randomly to show who seems to be winning. I'll use poll system once I or BMU gets used to it.
Poll will be updated if someone supports certain anime since i dont feel like naming over 30 anime.

Winner list:
2015 Summer : OVERLORD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:08:07 am by AkioKlaus »
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Online WeAreTheMeta

Re: Weekly Anime battle royal thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »
*Summon the Great Tomb of Nazarick *
All Hail (the) Overlord !

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Weekly Anime battle royal thread! (results seasonly)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 08:36:21 pm »
*An explosion of foodgasms in the crowd and the real favourite arrives*
SOMA YOUR TRUE VICTOR IS HERE! ANYONE WHO THINKS DIFFERENT, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A SHOKUGEKI!

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:52:05 pm »
Overlord is epic. Also, Charlotte's web? Isn't that a book for kids?

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:55:55 pm »
Overlord is epic. Also, Charlotte's web? Isn't that a book for kids?

ive been jokin around with anime names. not too far tho. they will contain actual names.
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 08:58:38 pm »
Real names include:
Overlord
Psycho-Pass
Charlotte
Monster Musume
Shokugeki no Souma

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline BlackStarLine

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:59:43 pm »
Well shit. I'm now divided.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 09:10:22 pm »
It was a hard choice between monmusu and shokugeki, but in absence of a quality divide, quantity prevails

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:30:47 am »
I still can't get over Overlords' horrible designs. I mean, they had perfectly fine, spooky and crisp novel design and they transformed it into... that.

I just can't go past the opening. It doesn't help that even in the OP the animation looks fairly cheap (seriously, when the animation is bad in a OP you can be sure it will be bad for the rest of the anime).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 02:22:19 pm »
I still can't get over Overlords' horrible designs. I mean, they had perfectly fine, spooky and crisp novel design and they transformed it into... that.

I just can't go past the opening. It doesn't help that even in the OP the animation looks fairly cheap (seriously, when the animation is bad in a OP you can be sure it will be bad for the rest of the anime).
For the budget, the anime's art style is a relatively faithful interpretation of the original LN art. Not every series can get the kind of money that went into Unlimited Budget Blade Works. Though in my opinion, Overlord damn well deserves a nice big budget a hell of lot more than Sue Art Online. :P

Besides, just the seeing the glorious violence (especially episodes 3 and 9) animated at all are more than worth it... As a companion to reading the source materials.

All hail Ainz Ooal Gown!

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 02:48:32 pm »
For the budget it may be ok, but if that's the result then I would have preferred if they went for another art style. I mean, seriously, have you seen Demiurge?! Cocytus?! Heck, even Albedo has suffered a little.(because despite the focus and being the main heroine and all Shalltear looks a lot better than her in this style....)

90% of the charm of that style is how spooky, how cool and strange everyone looked, specially compared to some of the more traditional human characters. Now Albedo seems like a salary-man with a bad case of anime hair and a strange taste in jackets, while Cocytus seems like some icy beetle.

I'm sorry, the OP song is fantastic, and it seems they haven't changed the events much, but I just can't get over it.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 03:47:15 pm »
Overlord is amazing :D

also loving the light novel. http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/knights-and-magic-author-amazake-no.html for those who might be interested
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »
For the budget it may be ok, but if that's the result then I would have preferred if they went for another art style. I mean, seriously, have you seen Demiurge?! Cocytus?! Heck, even Albedo has suffered a little.(because despite the focus and being the main heroine and all Shalltear looks a lot better than her in this style....)

90% of the charm of that style is how spooky, how cool and strange everyone looked, specially compared to some of the more traditional human characters. Now Albedo seems like a salary-man with a bad case of anime hair and a strange taste in jackets, while Cocytus seems like some icy beetle.

I'm sorry, the OP song is fantastic, and it seems they haven't changed the events much, but I just can't get over it.

I do agree that the artstyle is bit out of mood, but really its same as stein;s game, where the original artwork is god amazing, but literally not a style possible to be animated. (Even the ed, which original artist did, is slideshows.)

Overlord is amazing :D

also loving the light novel. http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/knights-and-magic-author-amazake-no.html for those who might be interested

this is something I shall treasure, tho i dont read well D:
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2015, 03:28:56 pm »
gonna suggest gintama up early since its continuing to next season as well. :D
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline mikebrand83

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2015, 10:51:11 pm »
Good ad for the Overlord BD, translated.