Author Topic: Yokyoku - Now in production!  (Read 2770 times)

Offline DesertFox

Yokyoku - Now in production!
« on: October 04, 2015, 10:26:15 am »
I'm happy to announce Yokyoku (working title) - a new mystery/interactive game from WarGirl Games.

Set in the near future, you play as a hacker who logs onto an ancient-looking terminal created by Yokyoku Systems; a strange and mysterious computer company. You have an onscreen avatar named Kikai, who helps you learn the basics of the interface and encourages you as you work. The player must learn basic commands, investigate, decode, use the intranet, and ultimately navigate their way around this strange computer terminal. As you play, you begin to uncover some unsettling things, and your decisions will affect the outcome of the game.

The title is being developed without the help of any contracted studios - DesertFox is going to be responsible for every aspect on this one. I'm hoping to have the title released before the end of 2015, and it will be going up on Greenlight once a demo is finished.

DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Manchura

Re: Yokyoku - Now in production!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 02:53:10 am »
seems interesting, I look forward to it!

Online Arraxis

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:54:43 am »
Wow, no-one else is working on this game except for you? Certainly looks promising so far, though. I like the art for Kikai - neat aesthetic :D. Seems like a different direction compared to your past work, since it doesn't seem to be a historic game, despite there being an ancient ruin. Why a near future setting?

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 03:33:44 am »
Anything that reminds me of Christine Love's VNs is something I'm interested in :D

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:02:07 am »
Anything that reminds me of Christine Love's VNs is something I'm interested in :D
Digital was very enjoyable. And I have faith in Fox's work. I'll definitely be following.

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:34:02 am »
It seems interesting.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:43:16 am »
Well it certainly is a change. Going to wait for a demo before saying anything, but the interface seems nice, even if the plot is a tad bit on the generic side.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 02:08:34 pm »
Whoa... This seems awesome.
Spoiler
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much~💕

Offline Jynx

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 02:51:38 pm »
Looks fairly interesting. Good luck, Fox!

Offline ShadowX

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 01:55:27 am »
Wait, why are we logging in to the weird terminal in the first place? And how are we a hacker if we don't know basic commands? I think you could add a tutorial in the beginning where the player is has all of their abilities and is hacking into the terminal, then enters the terminal and it starts the game.
Spoiler
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much~💕

Offline Shirley

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2015, 02:33:10 am »
Any hint as to what the cost will be for purchase?
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 07:54:55 pm »
looks fun!

like others have said, it reminds of Christine Love's first game, digital: a love story. I mean, it's gonna have digital waifu's right? right? :) :(
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 12:41:54 am »
You're making another game? Stop, your lord's penis can only get so erect!

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2015, 01:18:42 am »
Thanks Gorchy for literally making me LOL, I needed that.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 02:49:01 am »
Why a near future setting?
You'll see :P

Wait, why are we logging in to the weird terminal in the first place? And how are we a hacker if we don't know basic commands? I think you could add a tutorial in the beginning where the player is has all of their abilities and is hacking into the terminal, then enters the terminal and it starts the game.
That's sort of what the game has right now. There's a startup section where you learn a little about your terminal and what's going on. I'm trying to make it a little open-ended right now, so dependent on what the player does, it affects the ending. So there may not be a canon ending but a particular ending and a particular story based on player decisions. So you may be a hacker. You may be a dupe :P

Any hint as to what the cost will be for purchase?
Not sure, but I'd like to price it low enough to get enough people playing it. It hasn't got amazingly detailed art or music :-[

looks fun!

like others have said, it reminds of Christine Love's first game, digital: a love story. I mean, it's gonna have digital waifu's right? right? :) :(
Digital waifus and you help to customize their behavior based on what you do. A tsundere avvy or a yandere avvy, let's see how it goes...

I've been working on getting two color themes to run, so players can choose between green and orange, dependent on what they want to stare at for hours. This took far too much time to implement and got too complicated and buggy.

DesertFox
WarGirl Games