Author Topic: Love Language Japanese Year 1 Gentlemen Edition  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Shirley

Love Language Japanese Year 1 Gentlemen Edition
« on: October 09, 2015, 06:59:55 pm »
Do you want to learn Japanese but hate reading textbooks and going to class? Do you like VN's? Well maybe this game is for you!

This game is still in it's VERY early development, but from what I am reading on the home page of both their website and Steam, it seems like they will have a decent game mechanic, and make it decently interactive.

I am unsure how they will balance the VN dating aspect of the game, and the educational part of the game, but considering that they are at least trying to make a game like this with some decent content for once is actually pretty amazing. Most games fall short.

As of right now, the KS isn't up yet, and I'll update you as the game develops (and tell you if it's worth it or not).

Their Website: http://www.papurika.moe/home.html

Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530071666
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Re: Love Language Japanese Year 1 Gentlemen Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:33 pm »
Seems interesting, I will watch how it goes from the shadows

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:06:45 pm »
It's like if Rosetta Stone taught you phrases you might actually use!

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »
It's like if Rosetta Stone taught you phrases you might actually use!

Except that's an expensive program and it's not as fun.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:02:53 pm »
Well and the lack of useful phrases. Like I can say "The girl drinks water" in Mandarin thanks to RS. I can imagine being in China and urgently needing to tell somebody that XD.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 08:30:56 pm »
Hu, I would be a little careful with that project.

All of their art is lifted from Japanese VN developer Praline, specially from this VN (as you can see very clearly). While they have said they have permission from them, the whole thing is very sketchy at best and it can be a fraud at worst. Luckily it seems people have started investigating, so it's only a matter of time until we know.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »

All of their art is lifted from Japanese VN developer Praline, specially from this VN (as you can see very clearly). While they have said they have permission from them, the whole thing is very sketchy at best and it can be a fraud at worst. Luckily it seems people have started investigating, so it's only a matter of time until we know.

Going to have to mirror what Marx said here.  Your lord does not approve.  The sign of someone who really wants to learn any foreign language is not just literal studying and memorizing of flash cards, grammar, and every day vocabulary, but actually immersing yourself in the culture and living a daily life with them.

Hardcore Gaming 101 did a fantastic review on why Go! Go! Nippon is an example of trying to teach Japanese gone wrong.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:56 pm »

Going to have to mirror what Marx said here.  Your lord does not approve.  The sign of someone who really wants to learn any foreign language is not just literal studying and memorizing of flash cards, grammar, and every day vocabulary, but actually immersing yourself in the culture and living a daily life with them.

Hardcore Gaming 101 did a fantastic review on why Go! Go! Nippon is an example of trying to teach Japanese gone wrong.

Indeed, I agree with you Gorby on all of this as well, BUT,
Spoiler

It is a good gateway into it. Getting interested in it and getting it started is what is most important. Doing it while you enjoy something is also another benefit, because later, as you learn more of it, you'll get a good feeling from it, instead of frustration while trying to understand what your Japanese teacher is saying because she has a very heavy accent... (nah, I loved my 先生.

Oh, and Gorby, I've been saving this....

You truly are great.....

Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:31:02 pm by BITE ME UNIVERSE »

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 11:57:53 pm »
Well yeah total immersion is best but not many of us have the resources for that to be an option

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 10:23:38 pm »
Well yeah total immersion is best but not many of us have the resources for that to be an option

It's not that people have the lack of resources. You can actually get by in Japan for quite cheap.  Your lord has found that when he really digs deep it just happens to be the innate fear of the entire premise and culture being different. It's always a shock no matter how strong-willed you are but for some it's just too much.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:32 am »

It's not that people have the lack of resources. You can actually get by in Japan for quite cheap.  Your lord has found that when he really digs deep it just happens to be the innate fear of the entire premise and culture being different. It's always a shock no matter how strong-willed you are but for some it's just too much.

Yeah, some of us don't have the money at the ready to purchase the plane ticket....alone...

But I wish to go one day.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 11:19:46 pm »

Yeah, some of us don't have the money at the ready to purchase the plane ticket....alone...

ditto

btw, have you heard anything back from the devs?

Offline Shirley

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 08:07:35 am »

ditto

btw, have you heard anything back from the devs?

No, but chances are I fucked up on the email address. I've done it before, so I'll email them tomorrow. Gotta give them an extra day.

Offline wingsoflibertytwo

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »
Is this Go-Go Nippon all over again? :P

I wish there was something like this for German. Then maybe, just maybe, I'd actually have interest in that language. But I don't, so I struggle in university.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »
Is this Go-Go Nippon all over again? :P

Go-Go Nippon was just to show you Japan in general.