Author Topic: Cera Battleship  (Read 8226 times)

Offline Spart117MC

Cera Battleship
« on: October 30, 2015, 07:39:27 pm »
I hate printscreen.

Anyways, this barely functional mod adds in the Cera Battleship for purchase and use. Its not much, all I did was render the model of the Cera Battleship and used some butchered coded from the Sunrider Expanded Ship Library to get it somewhat functional. At the moment all the battleship has are its main guns, missiles, and some oversized flak cannons (if the flak guns you usually see in Sunrider are Chicago Pianos then these things are 88s). The battleship becomes purchaseable in Mask of Arcadius (due to some bug I haven not yet understood even if you buy one the counter will still say you have none; don't believe it, if you heard the purchase sound you have purchased a battleship). I promise to polish this up later. At the moment I have two thousand word drafts to start which are due in less than six hours. Toodles!

Offline The Bigfoot

Re: Cera Battleship
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:41:05 pm »
Its nice!

Looks like a real battleship, a bit less sleek than the Sunrider, big and clunky with lots of weapons and hits hard.

It does need a tune-up the weapons are a bit off, flak is the same as kinetics in every way but damage and 40 armor is absolutely hilarious.

The problem with the store is the name is wrong in the search, its looking for CERA Battleship rather than Cera Battleship.

Have fun with the typing!
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 11:06:22 pm »
very good.

too bad they were all shot down from start.

personally liking the bridge.
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 06:37:00 am »
OMFG HE WENT THAT FAR!! I WAS WONDERING WHO WAS GOING TO DO IT FIRST!! LOL!! I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!

GREAT JOB!
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 08:20:57 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY !!!! they're here!!!! i waited so muh for this litle baby!!! now if some side mission concerning these where to had them as reward, these game would finnaly be complete XD, well would still be lacking some CERA frigate and carrier and ryder, also as the whole factions still need destroyer and fighter squad..... (joke XD)

but also i'm wondering we can all agree that on this battleship but also some other, we can see some secondary batterie(you know those litle turrets on the side) right? can we? well my point is..... couldn't we get some attacks out of those? with half damage and pen of the big but still more than flack, same for the energy cost and accuracy, well just sayin' XD
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline Spart117MC

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 08:20:40 pm »
Its nice!

Looks like a real battleship, a bit less sleek than the Sunrider, big and clunky with lots of weapons and hits hard.

It does need a tune-up the weapons are a bit off, flak is the same as kinetics in every way but damage and 40 armor is absolutely hilarious.

The problem with the store is the name is wrong in the search, its looking for CERA Battleship rather than Cera Battleship.

Have fun with the typing!

I didn't do much to change it from the official model except to add a few lights that for some lights that should have existed but didn't.

Yeah, I just copy pasted the stats from the friendly PACT battleship from the aforementioned Expanded Ship Library. I didn't have much time to get much in depth.

The crazy big flak was an attempt on my part to try and compensate for the fact that there weren't any forward facing flak guns. I should have aligned a few facing forward, but even then that would be just the three clustered around the four turrets at the base of the conning tower and would still look pretty weird. I was trying to go for large caliber flak gun akin to an 88mm with a shotgun effect similar to Bianca's.

Gah. *smacks self* Thanks. I'll be sure to fix that in the next update.

Thanks. I managed to get that stuff done in time, surprisingly enough.

very good.

too bad they were all shot down from start.

personally liking the bridge.

Thank you!

Yeah. OR WERE THEY?!?!?!?!?! DUN DUN DUN

Its like a flying bunker.

OMFG HE WENT THAT FAR!! I WAS WONDERING WHO WAS GOING TO DO IT FIRST!! LOL!! I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!

GREAT JOB!

XD

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY !!!! they're here!!!! i waited so muh for this litle baby!!! now if some side mission concerning these where to had them as reward, these game would finnaly be complete XD, well would still be lacking some CERA frigate and carrier and ryder, also as the whole factions still need destroyer and fighter squad..... (joke XD)

but also i'm wondering we can all agree that on this battleship but also some other, we can see some secondary batterie(you know those litle turrets on the side) right? can we? well my point is..... couldn't we get some attacks out of those? with half damage and pen of the big but still more than flack, same for the energy cost and accuracy, well just sayin' XD

Loving the enthusiasm :)

*cough*Imayormaynotbedoingsomethingtothatextent*cough* Well I've been thinking, maybe I could kitbash a few of the existing ships to at least get some variants. Its not like I have to animate anything or rig them to import into a game, I just have to copy and paste parts and sometime switch up some textures. I could potentially create just what you're asking for assuming I stop being a lazy dipshit.

I always figured the existing batteries would be eye candy (Sunrider has plenty of smaller caliber guns that just sit around). I'll think about it. Or hey, maybe I could kitbash an upgunned variant.

Updated: November 01, 2015, 01:08:27 am
Tried my hand at kitbashing. I present to you an armed merchant marine vessel of the Solar Alliance.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:08:28 am by Spart117MC »

Offline Merne23

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 10:00:57 am »
*Posts so he gets the last update, when it comes.*

Better work than some of us (at the very least I) could do, MC.
My regards as well for miraculously being the first modder to do this.
*Polite applause.*

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 11:30:44 am »
Oh, new ships! Cera's Battleship is actually fairly interesting, given how we actually know more of it than a PACT Battleship for example, but the lack of appearance in gameplay and other things mean that its capabilities are still a mystery.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 12:32:54 pm »

Loving the enthusiasm :)

*cough*Imayormaynotbedoingsomethingtothatextent*cough* Well I've been thinking, maybe I could kitbash a few of the existing ships to at least get some variants. Its not like I have to animate anything or rig them to import into a game, I just have to copy and paste parts and sometime switch up some textures. I could potentially create just what you're asking for assuming I stop being a lazy dipshit.

I always figured the existing batteries would be eye candy (Sunrider has plenty of smaller caliber guns that just sit around). I'll think about it. Or hey, maybe I could kitbash an upgunned variant.

Updated: November 01, 2015, 01:08:27 am
Tried my hand at kitbashing. I present to you an armed merchant marine vessel of the Solar Alliance.

well it's not like i asked especccially, or even you in person XD just said what i tought to whoever ear it...wait no read it XD

also as for the merchant vessel i must say it look nice, just need to go get a closer looks at the other frigate to sse what is different since i didn't played in a while XD
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 12:36:16 pm by Inaho Rowe »
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline Shirley

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 02:18:18 am »
Ya know, while in the Sunrider game, you CAN hit the "s" key and it will save a screenshot....
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »
Given that my non existent skill at graphic design is strictly limited to drawing boxes in mspaint, how hard would it be to make something like Alliance Ryders?

I assume given its an elite non-standard Ryder the Paladin is significantly different to the standard alliance Ryders but could it still be adapted? It seems really odd we see the capital ships but not the support craft.
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Shirley

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2015, 03:03:15 am »
Given that my non existent skill at graphic design is strictly limited to drawing boxes in mspaint, how hard would it be to make something like Alliance Ryders?

I assume given its an elite non-standard Ryder the Paladin is significantly different to the standard alliance Ryders but could it still be adapted? It seems really odd we see the capital ships but not the support craft.

Nothing is impossible!

And you don't need MS paint, just get sketch-up, learn 3D, and you're set.

Offline Spart117MC

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 05:03:26 am »
*Posts so he gets the last update, when it comes.*

Better work than some of us (at the very least I) could do, MC.
My regards as well for miraculously being the first modder to do this.
*Polite applause.*

Thank you for the kind praise. :)

Oh, new ships! Cera's Battleship is actually fairly interesting, given how we actually know more of it than a PACT Battleship for example, but the lack of appearance in gameplay and other things mean that its capabilities are still a mystery.

Indeed. Interestingly enough, while perusing these forums a while ago I came across this thread which in turn linked to this Tumblr post. While reading through it I came to the conclusions that the two turrets (which I had turned into flak batteries just to give the ship some sort of AA defense) were an early iteration of a Trinity battery. I actually made some graphics to go along with it but due to time constraints the final product did not contain them.

well it's not like i asked especccially, or even you in person XD just said what i tought to whoever ear it...wait no read it XD

also as for the merchant vessel i must say it look nice, just need to go get a closer looks at the other frigate to sse what is different since i didn't played in a while XD

Well, I read it.

That is the ship the kitbash used as a base. Oh and just for fun I've added and image of what I'm fairly certain will be the final version of the merchant raider to the end of the thread.

Ya know, while in the Sunrider game, you CAN hit the "s" key and it will save a screenshot....

Well, damn. I feel quite foolish.

It does seem odd that the Alliance had no ryders in-game considering they were the first ones to begin using them again. Personally I'm of the opinion that the Paladin isn't that different from the standard Alliance ryder, given that its configuration given Kryska maintains that she is a regular and does so with a straight face.

It'd be the equivalent of someone toting around an OICW. If anything I'd say its more akin to a M14 EBR, not a weapon everyone has due to its more specialized nature but still fairly standard.

To that end I have made a few mock ups for potential standard Alliance ryders.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 06:44:25 am »
It does seem odd that the Alliance had no ryders in-game considering they were the first ones to begin using them again. Personally I'm of the opinion that the Paladin isn't that different from the standard Alliance ryder, given that its configuration given Kryska maintains that she is a regular and does so with a straight face.

It'd be the equivalent of someone toting around an OICW. If anything I'd say its more akin to a M14 EBR, not a weapon everyone has due to its more specialized nature but still fairly standard.

To that end I have made a few mock ups for potential standard Alliance ryders.

While I think the Paladin is probably similar (outwardly) to the standard, its performance seems a lot higher than a rank and file unit (remember that, in Shields words, the Black Jack was a cut above all the mass production models he had seen, at least until the Elites) . And the Sunrider isn't a regular carrier too, so the Alliance could safely send a prototype too without looking weird.

My headcannon is that the Paladin is a fine-tuned Bomber prototype. Due too being as slow as a BB it probably won't work normally, i.e. when the Carriers have to stay at the back. Having only kinetic cannons the Paladin should then need to basically fly to the frontline to be effective, and, well, she's very slow. The Alliance probably uses that ("it should work with Assault Carriers that launch their Ryders near the frontline" ) as an excuse. The Truth is that it probably is an specialized Infiltration Assault ryder, designed to simply pack as much punch as possible in that little frame to use it on surprise attacks.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 04:18:44 pm »
wow so in fact those two litle turretes on the side where in fact trinity batteries uuuuh.... well there is still the 6 inch anti frigate canon but then it would be more like 1/4th or at least 1/3rd the damage power of the main gun really just to deal with frigate i guess

also damn i love this trumblr with the sunrider having turrets on his wing! XD tought the global shape was a bit too square XD

oooh i see...wait so this is in fact the vessel we have to rescue i see now XD well tis merchant and these rider look nice, i'm up for it good job