Author Topic: About Relationships...  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Samu-kun

Re: About Relationships...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 10:21:19 am »
It's actually the Paradox Core and the Legion which were two separate battles. The Paradox Core battle and the existence of the prototypes is revealed after the Ongess chapter, but the Legion wasn't supposed to participate in that battle, nor was Shields supposed to break down and have reoccurring flashbacks to the past at that point. After the Paradox Core is destroyed and Shields learns about the prototypes, there was supposed to be two more chapters. The first one was a comedy fan service arc to cool off after the serious Paradox Core arc, where Ava is gone on a diplomatic mission for days, and Claude declares herself the new first officer and Shields can't be bothered to maintain discipline. After a few risque uniform swaps by the new first officer, and attempts to seduce Shields in his office, Claude must suddenly test her mettle when the Sunrider is unexpectedly ambushed by a PACT prototype stealth assault carrier.

The second chapter was a darker arc focused on Icari, when the Sunrider tracks down the ship responsible for the murder of her family years ago. This chapter had a key moral decision, where either an inhabited planet gets hit with a biological bomb if you let Icari get her revenge, or you can convince Icari to let the ship go and save the planet... or a third really shocking option.

After those two chapters, was the chapter where Shields gets flash backs to when he was younger and the entire battle with the Legion, but thanks to those two chapters being cut, everything about the Paradox Core, the prototypes, Shields' past, the Legion, and Ava's backstory got meshed the hell together. Eh, still I think it turned out pretty well considering the massive amount of panic I went through to deliver every single critical plot thread in those chapters intact with the tiny amount of resources I had! Hah. Hah. Hah.

Both chapters were cut due to lack of resources at the time. I'm not that disappointed in the loss of the Claude chapter because the beach episode more or less covered the same territory, and half the reason why we were so low on resources was because we added the beach episode which was never planned.

Another reason these chapters were cut was because the Ongess arc was dramatically increased in importance. In the original script, the kidnap of Shields and Kryska by Cosette never happens, the rescue operation does not happen, and neither does the second battle of Ongess with Fontana. After the tour of the humanitarian camps with Kryska, Shields was just supposed to have been ambushed by Cosette on the return flight, and causing him to crash back on Ongess, where they find a village already destroyed by apparently Alliance troops, which then leads to the same argument with Grey about whether to cover the incident up.

The chapter which exists today is infinitely more high budget and personal than just "crash landing near a burned out village with bodies and arguing with the Admiral about an incident afterwards," so the extra effort was definitely worth it.

Another problem was that side missions weren't well planned out, and we underestimated how hard it'd be to balance and bug test the new battle system, leading to massive development hell all throughout MoA when we added 5 side missions.

I'm pretty disappointed by the loss of the Icari chapter, but I'm sure in the future we will be able to build more content for Icari which will be better than what was originally envisioned.

Compared to those days, making Liberation Day is great and we've added so many new details and entire characters and subplots which simply did not exist in the original plan thanks to the huge amount of money Sunrider Academy brought!  8)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:30:52 am by Samu-kun »

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »
Compared to those days, making Liberation Day is great and we've added so many new details and entire characters and subplots which simply did not exist in the original plan thanks to the huge amount of money Sunrider Academy brought!  8)

The Bigfoot shakes Samu like an oracle ball

As LD has a much greater budget with hopefully less dead weight like the beach scene (although I assume hiring pro voice actors would cost a lot), does that mean there is a greater choice in romantic partners? (sorry if that seems a bit entitled/demanding, just trying to ask a question with not so much wiggle room)

Not expecting to get much out of that other than make Samu dizzy, more usefully someone with the Beta who doesn't mind potentially spoiling themselves could enable the dev console and check the image viewer (ctrl + D to get the dev screen and pick from there). That would let them see any images Samu has defined but tha't cant be seen through the rpy files, and haven't been implemented in the story yet.

Given the Censored bit in MoA was defined in an archive so it couldn't be seen in the code without the patch... any censored bits might also be hidden away like that in LD

It wouldn't conclusively prove there aren't other routes but it could prove there are.
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline John Titor

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 02:41:27 pm »
Awww.... that Icari chapter sounds awesome, a real pitty that it couldn't make it into MoA... I'm a sucker for darker arcs, the Protect the Diplomats/Leave em to die and the Ongess one are my favourites.

But it's nice to see Ongess got more attention, it's imho the chapter that best showcases the different perspectives on the conflict, PACT, Alliance and some of the Ongess inhabitants themselves. I liked how it also served to see that neither the Alliance is all goody-goody , nor is the whole of PACT as bad and brutal as Arcadius makes it seem, and that even the Pirates and Cosette have a reason behind their actions. 

Yet ,I'm surprised to read that the Ongess chapter was initially planned without the  battle against Fontana, as the scene right after it served to reveal and confirm some of the previously hinted personality traits of the leaders of the different factions (Grey, Fontana and Cosette).  Plus, I think it did a good job in putting Kayto in a rather unconfortable situation, specially as I at least saw it as an analogy to what he went through in Cera and a possible forewarning of what he might have to go through to take it back:

-Cosette's refusal to retreat or surrender, even if her life and that of  millions of people from her planet are at stake, just to make sure the Alliance fleet is crushed,  feels like a call-back to Kayto's initial attitude against PACT after losing Cera, but twisted by Cosette's previous life experiences and hatred into something closer to Ahab's obsession with finishing Moby Dick. <---- Not too far away from how Kayto behaves in MoA when you go for the  "Sink the LEGION" option.

-Fontana not willing to sacrifice civilians to achieve an easy and overwhelming victory that might end being better in term of number of lives spared in the long term reminds me of the choices  Kayto can take if you go down the moralist/good-guy path. Plus, seeing the enemy you had so far considered evil and with no redeeming features whatsoever behaving like this , can make it harder for some people to keep on fighting them if they seem to be so similar. I also think it serves as a grim reminder that Kayto might have to be ready to sacrifice others to achieve victory.

-Finally , I consider Grey to once again work as the older, more pragmatic and experienced leader who serves as an epitome of the "prince/morally-grey guy/end-justifies-the-means path", showing that  in order to win a war you have to be ready to take drastic measures and carry out  morally questionable actions. For Kayto it has to be  like watching something similar to the Cera City annihilation in a larger degree nearly unfold right in front of him, with the difference this time he's on the "wrongdoers" side.

It wouldn't conclusively prove there aren't other routes but it could prove there are.

The absence of evidence of other routes  is not the evidence of absence of other routes

https://youtu.be/_w5JqQLqqTc?t=34s

Currently playing through all western released FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones, Fire Emblem Awakening, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, Fe Fates
Playing:  Fe Conquest Lunatic
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Drath

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 05:33:05 pm »
The first one was a comedy fan service arc to cool off after the serious Paradox Core arc, where Ava is gone on a diplomatic mission for days, and Claude declares herself the new first officer and Shields can't be bothered to maintain discipline. After a few risque uniform swaps by the new first officer, and attempts to seduce Shields in his office,

I do like the scenario... uhm Claude putting on Ava's uniform, spilling out of it and declaring it doesn't fit xD. But Claude as 1st officer, uhm the logical side of me says not in a billion years :P I would think Kryska as next in line by virtue of rank or maybe Asaga by virtue of seniority/skill, anyway pretty sure they'd say something.

Claude must suddenly test her mettle when the Sunrider is unexpectedly ambushed by a PACT prototype stealth assault carrier.

Oh ho, so there ARE enemy stealth vehicles in the game. Nice!!! Now let's actually see this in Liberation Day. :)   
/Drath rubs his palms in anticipation and let's out a 'wheee'  xD

The second chapter was a darker arc focused on Icari, when the Sunrider tracks down the ship responsible for the murder of her family years ago. This chapter had a key moral decision, where either an inhabited planet gets hit with a biological bomb if you let Icari get her revenge, or you can convince Icari to let the ship go and save the planet... or a third really shocking option.

The Icari arc sounds really good. If you could fit it into Liberation Day without disturbing the pacing and still have things flow smoothly, that would be best IMHO. Failing that, maybe add more content and make it part of a DLC (for either MoA or LibDay).

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 06:00:55 pm »
The first one was a comedy fan service arc to cool off after the serious Paradox Core arc, where Ava is gone on a diplomatic mission for days, and Claude declares herself the new first officer and Shields can't be bothered to maintain discipline. After a few risque uniform swaps by the new first officer, and attempts to seduce Shields in his office,

Claude must suddenly test her mettle when the Sunrider is unexpectedly ambushed by a PACT prototype stealth assault carrier.

Oh ho, so there ARE enemy stealth vehicles in the game. Nice!!! Now let's actually see this in Liberation Day. :)   

I do like the scenario... uhm Claude putting on Ava's uniform, spilling out of it and declaring it doesn't fit xD. But Claude as 1st officer, uhm the logical side of me says not in a billion years :P I would think Kryska as next in line by virtue of rank or maybe Asaga by virtue of seniority/skill, anyway pretty sure they'd say something.

/Drath rubs his palms in anticipation and let's out a 'wheee'  xD

You write it, I'll code it  ;D

The absence of evidence of other routes  is not the evidence of absence of other routes

That's what I said, I think ???
To expand on it a bit...

The absence of evidence of other routes is not the evidence of absence of other routes

Corollary: The reluctance of a seller to promote or deny that feature is not the absence of that feature nonetheless still cause for interest or concern

Alt Corollary: Samu is a Troll
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Shirley

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2016, 03:50:46 pm »
Well...that sure brought him out....he even gave more info than before....

I'm pretty disappointed by the loss of the Icari chapter, but I'm sure in the future we will be able to build more content for Icari which will be better than what was originally envisioned.

Make a game centered around it......a sub-game to Sunrider, and make it good, unlike those Sakura-money grabbers.

Funds ftw. Called it.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"