Author Topic: Kantai Collection Mafia: The Armistice  (Read 25356 times)

Offline Marx-93

Re: Kantai Collection Mafia: The Armistice
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2016, 10:33:05 am »
((Oh, a happy ending! Oh, yeah, here is the little writing I mentioned. It's not an epilogue (I left that to Kana, and he delivered), but rather something extra.))

Yuubari smiled. Everything had gone well! As he saw the new docks, the ships raised again, everything, she couldn't help but remember something. The conversation that had started his mission here. The one that had given her strength when everything else seemed dark and gloomy...

*flashback starts*

Yuubari was, for once, saluting in a respectful manner with her uniform as tidy as she could manage (she even had somehow tried to stretch her shirt to cover her navel!). The person in front of her was, after all, probably the highest ranking person in the Navy, and further, someone she admired very much. The room itself seemed to impress that too: A luxurious desk, with a map of the whole world in one wall, with another of the Pacific Ocean and a third one of Japan sharing the space. The other wall was full of medals, orders, and awards. Just from the ones on the top of her head, Yuubari already recognized the Order of the Chrysanthemum and the Order of the Rising Sun. She herself was standing in front of the desk, which was occupied by a relatively old man in one of the most splendorous and decorated uniforms she had ever seen.

“Be at ease, Yuubari. We’ve known each other for years after all, right?”

“Yes, but back then you were not the Navy minister.”

Yuubari couldn’t help but have a tiny smile form on her lips as she said that. Even if she tried to maintain decorum and proper military etiquette, he had been his admiral for quite a time. Likewise, the minister answered with a smile

“Well, you are right. Things have changed quite a bit in few years. Still, you’re really the same as ever, eh.”

“Of course! Always full ahead on everything!”

“Even your mission hasn’t changed that much…  When I was admiral we equipped you with our most experimental equipment, and now you will likewise carry some of our upgrades to the girls of the Combined Fleet.”

“Of course!... though about the new assignment…”

“? Oh yeah, you want to ask me about that? I was surprised that you personally wanted to receive your orders from me. I suppose in the end I’m too old to entertain my Yuubari… after all the new admirals are all very young and handsome...”

The minister made a sad face, but Yuubari had known him for far too long to fall for that.

“Admiral! You know I won’t fall for that! Furthermore, young or handsome or whatever, none of these admirals are half as good you were!”

“Heh, is your protest related to that? Don’t worry, Admiral Kana is pretty good. Certainly better than I was at his age, I didn’t give him the Combined Fleet for nothing.”

Yuubari couldn’t help but frown at that. And get a little angry. Everything he had heard from the front didn’t exactly point to the new admirals being competent of all things. Remembering what had happened only made a weight appear on her chest and a fire appear on her eyes. She still hadn’t forgave them.

“Yeah, they’re good enough to somehow lose half of the Kongou sisters in one battle! Hiei and Kirishima… I barely knew them and I already feel like this, I can’t imagine how it must have been for Kongou and Haruna…”

“… That was a special case. Admiral Kana had also nothing to do with it.”

The face of the man appeared suddenly saddened upon hearing her, combined with what appeared to be a look of shame.

“… Also, the enemy were Princess class. Certainly not your usual skirmish”

“Oh, yeah, Princess class, how scary!! I mean, it’s not like there were 8!! And I repeat, 8!!!!, of them at Tsushima and we absolutely kicked the crap outta them. Oh, wait, WE DID! And with not a single shipgirl sunk!!!”

Yuubari was fuming, almost red with anger. Despite this however, the minister relaxed. He recognized that was the look Yuubari had when he wanted to rant about something; the sharp edge she had when talking about Hiei and Kirishima had mellowed. So he simply let her rant about it

“Because yeah, everyone was at that time, ‘oh, Japan it’s going to lose’ ‘oh, if we lose control of the seas the people will starve’, ‘the new ship-girl program is a waste of resources, we should just give up on the sea’, and so on. And we totally, utterly kicked them in the ass so much they still haven’t threatened the Sea of Japan again! And at that time we had nothing similar to upgrades or anything like that! We had nothing like a safe base or a place to retreat too; if we lost that was it! For most of us it was even our first battle! Yet we utterly, absolutely, fully, totally brutalized them!! Every time I see Nagato she reminds me of how good it felt to be the Flagship while she was curb-stomping them out of Japan! *exhale*, *exhale*”

Finishing her ranting, Yuubari tried to recover her breath. She had gotten a tad bit excited.

“… Finished? Oh, well, those were other times. I also was quite a bit lucky. Still, I think the Malayan campaign of the current Navy Chief of Staff was far more impressive. I only secured the sea northern to our coasts. It was him who opened the Pacific to us. His showing at Singapur was a textbook perfect campaign.”

Having finally recovered her breath, Yuubari simply continued listening, without interrupting her admiral-no, now it was the minster.

“But, oh, well, instead of reminiscing about old glories, let me assuage you. Admiral Kana is very good. While I can’t promise he will bring you all back alive, I can assure you he will give his all in trying, and that even if the worse happens he will make the enemy suffer for each and every one of you.”

“… That’s more related to my worries…”

“?”

“It’s not so much the admirals, though they continue not being half as good as you, but rather us… I heard some very bad rumors from the admirals returning from the front…. I’m, sca-, I-I mean, anxious…”

Her eyes moistened while she tried to make her voiceless plea reach the man. ‘What are we? Why are we so similar to them?’

When she was on the frontline, it hadn’t mattered. She had her Admiral, and a just cause. She had her comrades in arms. When she was focused on developing upgrades she still had a cause, and she took pride on the upgrades she developed for her comrades- no, for her friends. But now that she was returning to the frontline, everything wasn’t so clear. Did she have a just cause? Were her comrades really her friends?

The man seemed to understand her plea. Putting on a grave face, he slightly motioned towards the door. Yuubari, getting what he meant, went to the door, opening it slightly and putting her ear to the slight aperture: with her amplified hearing she could hear any footstep, no matter how faint, in a range of a 100 meters. Making sure that there was nobody close, she then closed the door, double-checking that the bolt was indeed in its place. The walls of this office were supposed to be sound-proof and the door as close as you can get, but if the minister had made that motion, it showed that what he wanted to say was really important.

‘Maybe this time I will have my answer?’, was all that she could think, as her body trembled with a mixture of fear, nervousness and anxiety. Returning in front of the desk, she nodded to the minister. Returning the nod, he sighed and started talking.

“… What I’m going to say is fairly important. Only the admirals in the Imperial General Headquarters know the full story. The highest ranked admirals in the Navy general Staff and the ministry know the general gist, as probably do most of the heads of state and of the navies of our allies, but technically only us have access to all our records.”

Yuubari tensed. This was even more serious than she thought! And she was bad at serious stuff! But she needed to know. She needed it,  if she wanted to give her 100% on the fight.

“I swear for my pride as a- no, for our pride as the fleet you commanded at Tsushima.”

No matter what, even if she sank alone to the depths of the sea, nobody could take away those precious moments. That was something she valued more than anything she had.

“… Understood. I don’t know why you feel like this at being commanded by this old man, but know that my pride as your commander in that fated day is indeed something I will never give up too. You were the finest ships I could ever have.”

The eyes of the minister shined for a moment. Then, with a face that showed the severity of the issue, he started talking.

“First, let me start with a bit of history. Years ago, the Abyssals appeared. While they were small, they had firepower rivaling our strongest ships, and due to being so small they were infinitely nimbler and faster. Neither missiles nor torpedoes worked, and they were as sturdy as the battleships of old, shrapnel meaning nothing to them. All of the navies they fought took a tremendous beating. Luckily, they only appeared around the Pacific. We theorized it was very probable that they had somehow emerged from the Mariana’s Trench. With almost all of the fleets in the Pacific decimated, we send a desperate research expedition there, trying to find something, anything that gave us a fighting chance”

“…”

Yuubari unconsciously held her breath

“… It was then that we found it. While most of our ships had been sunk, we had managed to score some lucky hits on the Abyssals. Insufficient to stop their attacks, but yes enough to sink some of them. One of our research submarines somehow managed to see it. How the Abyssals took one of their comrades just sunk from the depths of the sea to the surface again. And how it raised like it hadn’t ever been sank in the first place”

“!”

She couldn’t speak, but that didn’t stop her from connecting the dots.

“At that point, some of us gave up. We were literally fighting against infinite enemies. But some others were pretty affected by that “ritual”. I can’t describe it at all; though they used some material, they also did something, well, strange. It was almost magical.”

The voice of the minister was tinged with what seemed almost like awe. He was clearly reminiscing something he couldn’t understand in its mechanisms, but yes in its significance.

“However, some of the people with us were very shintoist, and they told us that ritual was in a way similar to one they knew. And they told us they thought they could reproduce it.”

“…”

“Of course we took them as crazy. We even forbade them to do it at Japan. However, one of the people who saw that record was crazy enough. Going to Savo Island, as Australia was a lot safer than Japan at that time, he made an even crazier experiment. And, surprising everyone, it worked.”

“… Fubuki?”

“Correct. It was something we only knew until later, but with the material he had it was only enough to raise a destructor. It wasn’t perfect too; poor Fubuki had to stay some months with us trying to find what the heck worked or not to bring her to full readiness. But once we got it, we could launch the counterattack. We could fight back.”

There, the shine on his eyes had appeared again. But Yuubari couldn’t see it. She couldn’t help but feel like a mist had enveloped her vision. Her heart sank in the midst of a very dark pool, in which she could only hear 19 screams continuously. Sinking slowly, without a stop…

“Afterwards, the Abyssals started cutting all our routes to Oceania and South-East Asia. Retreating, we took and raised every ship-girl we could, trying to muster our forces. That’s when you awakened, and you know the rest: after some skirmishes we made a desperate gamble at Tsushima to avoid being completely cut off from the Continent. And so, that’s the story.”

The minister exhaled, his face now tinged with a slight melancholic look.

“… so, that’s what we are…”

“…yes”

“…so, the reason some Abyssals are so similar to our old friends is...”

“Yes. The Abyssals have gotten to them before us. From the beginning our understanding of the “ritual” is shaky at best. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes we need a very specific material, or even a relative of one of the sailors in the original ship. And we still aren’t sure how to recover ship-girls that were corrupted into Abyssals. Even normal ship-girls that have been sunk escape us sometimes: we can only protect their bodies, and hope one of their admirals can somehow miraculously raise her again. That’s the truth of this war.”

The minister sighed, before continuing with a half-hearted voice, but Yuubari had already stopped listening

“There have been some attempts to avoid having our ship-girls corrupted. Americas’ ONI is helping with that, but I can’t say I like the results…”

Everything was a blur. With difficulty, she somehow managed to spit out the words that were clogging her throat.

“… so, in the end that’s what we are….”

A tear slid down her cheeks. She couldn’t even make a sad face, or cry out in the loudest way possible. She could only put on a blank face. They were that. Not even an enemy or anything like that. Simply recovered machines. Simply mysterious technology. Not anything alive. Only dead metal given human form.

“..simple weapons… we are simple tools, exactly the same as the Abyssals. Not even opposites, not even sisters or anything, we are the fucking same with the only difference being which was the one who decided to salvage us!”

She couldn’t help but feel anger. Yet her face was still blank. Was that all that she was? Nothing? A piece of metal made to fight that sunk, and was now recovered and made to fight again?

“No”

She felt a hand on her head. A hand that patted her head, before coming down to dry her tears. She looked up, not having realized until now that she had unconsciously closed her eyes. The minister- no, her admiral was standing before her, having left the luxurious desk.

“I can absolutely assure you that you are not simple tools for war or weapons. Being the minister myself, I can assure you that the amount of effort made on each ship, the amount of sweat and blood poured over it, makes them far more than simple weapons. And that, as a former captain, every sailor and officer never thinks of their ship as a simple machine. Never.”

“… that’s just sophistry”

She tried to look away. Looking at the Admiral’s eyes she couldn’t help but feel a strange sense of hope.

“No. And here’s the proof: even after all our research and experiments, we’ve only managed to restore one kind of ships; the ones that were sunk or destroyed in the loser side of a war. The remains of victorious ships don’t answer, even when we have the sons of their old captains do the “Ritual”.”

She couldn’t look at his eyes. She feared seeing her reflection in them, the reflection of a ship-girl that wanted to hope.

“Nobody knows exactly why, but I have a theory. It’s precisely due to you. Due to the fact that you’re not machines or anything like that.”

With his last word she poker her chest, where her heart was supposed to be.

“We’ve always revered ships in a way. Sailors pray for the ship to resist any attack. Captains pray that the ship has no malfunction. However, all of those prayers are not always effective. Some ships sink without being able to do nothing. And with this, I thought, ‘what if we’re making the wrong question?’.”

His hand had returned to her head, now softly patting it.

“What if, instead of asking ‘how did ships gain emotions, feelings and a human form?’, we should ask ‘how did ships gained a human form to express their original feelings?’. How it must have feel, sinking without being able to protect your crew and captain, and later knowing that it was all in vain? That they lost the war?”

Yuubari’s heart was beating strangely fast. She somehow recognized that feeling. She somehow knew it.

“A victorious ship shouldn’t have his rest perturbed. Its fight had a meaning, their lives were meaningful.  However, how must a fallen ship on the losing side feel? ”

*plop**plop*

Tears slid down her cheeks, again. But now, her face wasn’t a blank. It was mess certainly, but it expressed her full emotions. Sadness, regret, hope, guilt, love…

“*sniff*sniff*… Admiral…*sniff*”

“Now, I should be the one crying. You should know just how proud you all make me. Even after we uselessly sent you to your death, you still rose specially to help us when we needed it the most. You even accept our ridiculous restrictions on information, and obey us without a single protest. We should be the ones begging you for forgiveness, not you.”

He moved his hands, putting both on her shoulders, and looking fixedly at her eyes.

“You’re the most magnificent ships and girls I will ever know. There’s no word to describe the pride that you fill me with.”

Her cry transformed into a full bawl, and she jumped towards her Admiral’s chest. The hand that was petting her head, now on her shoulders, was incredibly warm.

She simply cried, and cried, and cried.

“I-I-I swea-a-ar, *snif*, t-t-that I w-won’t lose you a-again, *sniff*, not my admiral, *sniff* n-not my e-engineers*sniff*, n-n-n-nobofy”

Her language transformed into the one of a bawling child mid-speech, but she just cried, as the hand rubbed her back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, feeling better?”

“A little, *sniff*”

She didn’t know how much time she had wasted crying. Maybe some minutes, maybe an entire hour. However, she knew that she felt a lot better. Almost like the sky after the rain had cleared the storm-clouds.

“*sniff*”

“… I see you still have that habit of bottling things up… You know, always acting like everything is alright doesn’t make it so. If you wanted to talk to me you didn’t need to wait for an order or anything like that. My door is always open, you know.”

“…Hum! Like anyone would want to visit a perverted admiral!”

“…? What did I do this time?”

The minister sighed. Yuubari couldn’t help but have a tremendously big grin appear on her face, as she slightly pointed her chest, in the place the Admiral had poked just before.

“You know Admiral~~, that could be considered as sexual harassment~~”

“Ugh!”

Yuubari laughed, now truly happy.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry~~ though you better treat me to something when I unavoidably return victorious! Okay, now I’m fired up!!”

“Ei, now don’t do anything reckless, the mission is still dangerous, you know.”

But Yuubari was now in a full run, the voice of her admiral disappearing in the distance, as she laughed.

"Okay, time to do my best!!"

*flashback ends*

Yeah, everything had gone well.

"Okay! Now I'm fired up! Let's all work together!"

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 01:19:31 pm by Marx-93 »
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2016, 10:56:00 am »
Holy pineapple, I love my end XD

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #437 on: February 06, 2016, 12:02:30 pm »
"H-hang on! What is this that happened to my imported poi, poi~?! Bad end for me!!! I demand repayment in the form of one head pat, poi~!"

Spoiler

(Side A)

What is your answer Kana?! Will you help me reinitiate the Sentinel Project?!

"Proceed..."

Spoiler

(Side A End)

(OOC:
Geez that took the life outta me. I planned a whole Mafia RP based on a self-created, half-baked conspiracy theory that came out of a bad scifi novel… Yeah I sent Kana the details in a PM and couldn’t use a lot of it because it might’ve affected his story (As you can see, my version is much darker than what Kana had in mind...). Instead I tried to work my way with his story so you got, well “that”…

It wasn't bad! Maybe it didn't fit in my original story, but I liked it anyway. Very interesting!

"Ufufufufufufu......at least......I don't have to speak.........like a ditz.....any longer......yep yep!"

Look, Admiral! Teruzuki caught a lot of sauries! Yep yep!  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

((Oh, a happy ending! Oh, yeah, here is the little writing I mentioned. It's not en epilogue (I left that to Kana, and he delivered), but rather something extra.))

I really liked it! I'm glad some of you were so interested in the game and created such amazing RP and stories! This also goes to Y-Buy and the Mafia private chat, which had some awesome posts, too.

Spoiler

Holy pineapple, I love my end XD

See? I was saving the best for last!
And to think that you wanted to sacrifice me to an evil god... >:(

Btw, I could post the role PMs (even the drafts for the unused ones) and the game's spreadsheet including night actions and requirements for Kai / Kai Ni, if you're interested.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:04:02 pm by Kana the Boss »

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2016, 12:23:02 pm »
I'm glad you found it enjoyable rather than annoying~ The least I can do is be decent at roleplaying, if I'm going to mess up the strategy so much. Sorry Rev! I might have slightly killed you and cost us a potential victory. But the ending was nice. Probably better than everyone dying. I'll use that as an excuse... and hide the fact that I'm secretly not very good at this stuff. It was fun playing and roleplaying with everyone~ See you all next time, where I'll definitely kill you. Unless I become an adorable loli again. Everyone knows lolis are too nice to truly be evil.

Online Arraxis

« Reply #439 on: February 06, 2016, 12:50:37 pm »
"Uwaa~! An' now Admiral Kana's ignorin' me! Maybe I am still a ghost! Maybe no-one here can see me! No, this is terrible!"

Offline Verthand

« Reply #440 on: February 06, 2016, 02:20:44 pm »
Ty for hosting this Kana, was rly fun. Even became a kancolle fan bk of it, since it gave me the final push i needed to stop being lazy and watch the anime lol, which now led to me getting addicted to world of warships too... gaaah u guys are screwing my life :P

My role pm:

You are Bismarck, independent Battleship.

"I won't let you escape... Don't underestimate me!" -Bismarck-

You were the first of two Bismarck-class battleships built for the Kriegsmarine. You were named after Chancellor Otto von Bismarck,
the primary force behind the unification of Germany in 1871.

You were the largest battleship ever built by Germany, you are the pride of Deutschland!

In the course of your eight-month career, you conducted only one offensive operation, in May 1941, codenamed Rheinübung.
However, in the Battle of the Denmark Strait, you managed to obliterate one of the largest and, ostensibly, most powerful warships in the world with a single shot.
The destruction of their beloved ship spurred a relentless pursuit by your enemies involving dozens of warships.

Right now, you find yourself in a similar situation. You are in an ocean you should not be in. You are supposed to be in a loose alliance
with a bunch of IJN ship girls you don't even know... and the Abyssals look even worse!

Once again, you are surrounded and pursued by several fleets. You can't trust them since they won't trust you. Sink them all and get out of there!

You may choose another player to kill at night.

Because of your solid hull plating, you will survive the first killing action against you.
As long as your rudder works, you will be fine!

Besides, thanks to your enormously powerful weaponry, you may choose to shoot a "normal" salve at your victim
or to shoot an unblockable obliterating shot
If you use the unblockable shot, you will have to stay inactive the next night in order to cool down and reload your main cannons.
If you don't specify which shot-type you are using, you will use the "standard" shot.

PM the moderator with your target and shot type choice as the night phase begins.

You win when everyone else is dead. Viel Erfolg! (German:"Good luck!")

Bismarck has always been one of my favorite ships, and her story rly cool too. Should have made better use of her but was too greedy and risked everything in day 2.

So, in night 1 I did target Arraxis bk he was the most active town - like i said once in another mafia game, the tallest tree gets cut down first heh. No grudges, actually if i were town i would love to have Arraxis as a fellow townie - the problem is that we have been in opposite teams too much lately lol. Good job to u guys for winning this and ty again Kana for hosting!

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Online Arraxis

« Reply #441 on: February 06, 2016, 03:10:44 pm »
You are Tenryuu, IJN-aligned Light Cruiser.

"Don't leave me out if you're going to fight at night, okay?" -Tenryuu-

Despite being the oldest Light Cruiser in the IJN at the start of WWII, your real life counterpart managed to sink a much more modern enemy Heavy Cruiser at Savo Island
during nighttime gun and torpedo action. Using just 2 torpedoes, you managed to sink a ship 16 years newer than yourself and twice as heavy!
They made a terrible mistake underestimating your skills.

Thanks to your outstanding nighttime accuracy (and the badass sword you carry with you), you may choose to kill one player at night.
If you choose to kill a certain player, PM the moderator with your target when the night phase begins.

You win when all non-IJN players are eliminated and there is at least one IJN player alive. Good luck!

I would have never posted as much as I did if there weren't a competition. Seriously, it takes effort, and there's hardly anything to gain in the first day!

I enjoyed this while it lasted, and I really appreciate Kana sending me messages during the night anyway about my scary adventures underwater. You can always count on a fellow lover of twintails. That makes it the second time I died first night - 3rd if you count Geass where I was virtually unable to do anything the second day which got me killed. Also, the prize I got was actually worth something - on the day when there were communication issues, I would have been able to post as much as I want.

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #442 on: February 06, 2016, 03:24:31 pm »
You are Yuubari, IJN-aligned Light Cruiser.

"Oka~y, thanks for waiting! The experimental armament cruiser 'Yuubari' has arrived!" -Yuubari-

You were an experimental light cruiser built between 1922 and 1923 for the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN).
Although a test bed for various new designs and technologies, you were commissioned as a front-line warship and participated
in numerous combat operations during World War II.
Designs pioneered on you had a major impact on future Japanese warship designs.

You start the game with 3 single use items you got from the Naval Base.

Emergency Repair Personnel (1 unit)

Type 21 Air Radar (1 unit)

12.7cm Twin Gun Mount Model B Kai 2 (1 unit)

You may choose to give your items to other players at night. They will not know who gave them said items.
You can distribute your items as you wish. For example, you could give all your items to the same player or give each of your items to a different player.
They will be able to use the items as a 1-shot ability from the next night on.

You can't use your own items. They can't be returned to you. If a player dies, their unused items will be lost.

Additionally you will craft an item of your choice from your list of inventions each night.

You start the game with 3 inventory slots. This means that you can't have more than 3 items in your inventory at the end of the night.

PM the moderator telling which items you would like to give to which players as the night phase begins.
Also tell which item from your list you would like to craft.

You win when all non-IJN players are eliminated and there is at least one IJN player alive. Good luck!

It seems there was a thing with fate about the prizes: all were very cool yet no one saw use...

In my case I received KTKM-sama's blessing, which allowed me an extra action... But I could only build things that I could send the following night, which never came~~ (in all cases, it's not like it would have worked for something, seeing as Elvis had basically already given up by that time).
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline woolyshambler

« Reply #443 on: February 06, 2016, 03:25:59 pm »
You are Yahagi, IJN-aligned Light Cruiser.

"That's right, I fought it out to the very end." -Yahagi-

On 6 April 1945, you received orders for "Operation Ten-Go", in a desperate attempt to delay Okinawa's fall.
You were ordered to accompany Yamato on her final suicide mission.

You may target a player during the day phase.
If the target is hostile (not IJN-aligned), then your target is killed.
If not, you will die instead in a valiant and desperate attempt.

You must publicly post “Daykill: <Player Name>” to activate this power.
The moderator will then post a narration about your attempt and its result.

You were Yamato's bravest escort ship. As such, you can sense Yamato's presence in this game.
Pal is playing as Yamato, the IJN-aligned Battleship. I guarantee you that Pal is Town-aligned, just like you.
You may communicate with him at night, so don't start talking to each other yet!
The moderator will create a private PM chat for you two when the game starts.

Great game everyone, thanks so much for hosting Kana!  Shame I never got around to daykilling... I was actually going to daykill rev the day before I died, but didn't get a chance to post at work and the day ended.  Shame as it would've been my first daykill ever.  Still, look forward to future games eh?

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #444 on: February 06, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »
You are I-58 "Goya", IJN-aligned Submarine.

"The night sea...is scary..." -I-58-

You are a Japanese B3 type cruiser submarine that served in the final year of WWII. Unlike most of your fellow submarines,
you managed to survive until the end of the war and your most significant success was sinking and enemy heavy cruiser with conventional torpedoes on 30 July 1945.

You may choose to submerge and hide next to another player at night. If you hide, any action casted on you will fail.
However, that does not mean you are entirely safe: should the person you are hiding behind get attacked, you will be attacked as well.

PM the moderator at the beginning of each night phase and tell your target if you wish to activate your ability.

Here's my PM. I personally own a Sub, the I-168, but not Goya. Very interesting play style, it's quite fun to try to taunt the enemy into trying to kill you, which I really tried not to do... Instead I hid behind Pal because he was Yamato, then Elvis because of his claim of being invulnerable for 1 night. It also happened to work out RP-wise which was a miracle that it worked at all!

(I made the second Pic)

FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #445 on: February 06, 2016, 04:07:08 pm »
"Uwaa~! An' now Admiral Kana's ignorin' me! Maybe I am still a ghost! Maybe no-one here can see me! No, this is terrible!"

I-It's n-not like that, Tenryuu-san! I didn't ignore you at all! I was too scared to answer you!

So... You're not a scary ghost? You promise?

Please, don't scare me~

Ty for hosting this Kana, was rly fun. Even became a kancolle fan bk of it, since it gave me the final push i needed to stop being lazy and watch the anime lol, which now led to me getting addicted to world of warships too... gaaah u guys are screwing my life :P

I'm glad you liked the game (and KanColle and WOWS in general). You're very welcome! I also had lots of fun while hosting KanCollia and learnt a lot of stuff for other Mafia games I'd like to host in the future.

Unused role PM drafts. These drafts are just concepts, so the drafts and the final PMs you got may differ or contradict each other. (They may also be overpowered / poorly balanced.)

KAKO (PARANOID GUN OWNER)

You are Kako, IJN-aligned Heavy Cruiser.

"See, I can really do it if I try! So, when I get back, let me sleep a bunch!" -Kako-

You and your sister ship Furutaka were the first generation of high speed heavy cruisers in the Japanese navy
and also experienced extensive reconstructions and improvements during WWII.
Your crew never did get much sleep since you were dragged into many night battles, but thanks to your equipment,
you fought well and never let your guard down.

You may choose to stay alert at night. If you are alert, you will shoot anyone attempting to engage you using your 20cm guns.
Any player that targets you will be shot regardless of alignment.

You may stay alert as many nights in a row as you wish, although you will get progressively sleepier during the day.
After staying up 2 nights in a row, your posting limit will be limited to 2 posts during the day phase, with 1 fewer post for each
additional night you stay up, with a minimum of zero posts per day (you can still FOS and vote, though).

Nights alert in a row: 2  --> Post limit the next day: 2
Nights alert in a row: 3  --> Post limit the next day: 1
Nights alert in a row: 3+ --> Post limit the next day: 0

If you choose to sleep at night (that is, to not activate your ability) you will be able to post normally again the following day.

PM the moderator at the beginning of each night phase and tell if you wish to activate your ability or not.

You win when all non-IJN hostiles are eliminated and there is at least one IJN player alive. Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------

KIRISHIMA (ROLEBLOCKER)

You are Kirishima, IJN-aligned Battleship.

"That girl, has weak electrical systems? Wouldn't it be good to give them a hard whack?" -Kirishima-

In the Battle of Guadalcanal, you took out an enemy battleship's fire control systems and communications.
OK, maybe they had already most of their systems and main cannons knocked down because of an electrical failure,
but your strategically placed shots contributed to make the enemy battleship further impotent.

You may choose to block another player's ability at night.

PM the moderator with your target as the night phase begins.

You win when all non-IJN hostiles are eliminated and there is at least one IJN player alive. Good luck!

NAKA (MASON RECRUITER)

You are Naka, IJN-aligned Light Cruiser.

"The fleet's idol, Naka-chan! Nice to meet you!" -Naka-

You were the third (and final) vessel completed in the Sendai-class of light cruisers, and like other vessels of your class, you were
intended for use as the flagship of a destroyer flotilla... But who cares about that? You're the fleet's idol: Naka-chan~!
Everyone in the Naval District loves your songs so, why don't you recruit them and form your own fan club?

You may choose a player each night and give him/her a "Naka-chan flyer".

If the player you choose is IJN-aligned, he/she will join your fan club automatically and will be notified.
Fan club members are allowed to communicate privately with each other at night.

However, you must be careful! The Abyssals don't like your songs!
If you try to recruit an Abyssal player, you will be automatically killed! The enemy player will not join the fan club.

If you die, your fanclub will be disbanded and your fans will not be able to communicate with each other at night anymore.

KATORI (JAILKEEPER)

You are Katori, IJN-aligned Training Cruiser.

"Don't you worry... I'll be gentle in teaching you various things." -Katori-

Katori class cruisers like you were originally ordered to serve as training ships in the 1937 and 1939 Supplementary Naval budget.
With the Pacific War, you were used as administrative flagships for various fleets, such as submarine command and control,
and to command escort squadrons.

You may choose to force another player to a night training session.
That player will be protected from standard killing actions for that night since most killers won't dare attack him/her under your surveillance.
However, he will also be roleblocked. You may not use your ability on yourself.

SEAPLANE TENDER PRINCESS (ROLEBLOCKER)

You are the Seaplane Tender Princess, Abyssal-aligned Seaplane Tender.

"More... more... Be engulfed by the darkness... Come on... Come ooon!" -Seaplane Tender Princess-

Thanks to your Abyssal Cuttlefish Torpedo, you can fire preemptive torpedo strikes.
If your torpedo strike impacts your victim, they will suffer temporary heavy damage in their propulsion systems,
preventing them from participating in the night phase (that is, they will be roleblocked).

You may communicate freely with other Abyssal members at night.

The moderator will create a private PM chat for you and your fellow Abyssals when the game starts.

You win when all non-Abyssals are dead and there's at least one Abyssal alive. (Or when nothing can prevent this from happening.)

MIDWAY PRINCESS (FLAVOR COP/CONSIGLIERE/CANNONEER)

You are the Midway Princess, Abyssal-aligned Installation Boss.

"I've...got you..." -Midway Princess-

Some historians considered the Battle of Midway "the most stunning and decisive blow in the history of naval warfare".

The IJN hoped a demoralizing defeat would force you to capitulate in the Pacific War and thus ensure IJN dominance in the Pacific.
This operation was also considered preparatory for further attacks against Fiji, Samoa, and Hawaii.

However, the plan was handicapped by faulty IJN assumptions of your reaction and poor initial dispositions.
Most significantly, your codebreakers were able to determine the date and location of the planned attack,
enabling you to prepare your own ambush.

You may investigate any other player at night. PM the moderator with your target player when the night phase starts.
You will be returned a piece of information pertaining to your target's role.
You will get your investigation result via PM at the conclusion of the night phase.

The moderator will create a private PM chat for you and your fellow Abyssals when the game starts.

You win when all non-Abyssals are dead and there's at least one Abyssal alive. (Or when nothing can prevent this from happening.)

AIRCRAFT CARRIER PRINCESS (JANITOR)

You are the Aircraft Carrier Princess, Abyssal-aligned Standard Carrier.

"Be wrapped in flames...and sunk instantly...!" -Aircraft Carrier Princess-

Amongst your weaponry are such planes as 60 Abyssal Cat Fighters, 52 Abyssal Hell Dive Bombers and 56 Abyssal Revenge Torpedo Bombers.

If you perform the factional kill, you will send your 168 planes to shatter your target and sink him/her instantly,
which means that your target will be unidentifiable the next day if your killing attempt succeeds.
However, your planes won't find the way back home in the dark of the night. That's why you can perform only one "Janitor" kill in the whole game.
Before getting lost forever, your planes will tell you who your target was. Only you will know their real identity.
Of course, you may share this information with your fellow Abyssals.

You must perform the "Janitor" factional kill personally.

RE-CLASS BATTLESHIP (JOAT)

You are the Re-Class Battleship, Abyssal-aligned Aviation Battleship.

In Kantai Collection, you have six attack phases consisting of aerial combat, opening torpedo attack, two shelling, ending torpedo attack, & night combat.
You can use every single weapon type in the game. You're the most versatile Abyssal ship!

That's why you have six 1-shot night abilities:

- You can heal one player and save them from death
- You can attempt to kill one player (this kill does not count as the factional kill)
- You can roleblock one player
- You can watch one player
- You can silence one player for the next day (they can still FOS and vote)
- Armor (passive)

PRINZ EUGEN (SURVIVOR/BLEEDER)

You are Prinz Eugen, independent Heavy Cruiser.

"Uwaa I got hit! But, I'm not done yet..! " -Prinz Eugen-

You saw action during Operation Rheinübung, an attempted breakout into the Atlantic Ocean in May 1941.
After putting into occupied France and undergoing repairs, you successfully participated in Operation Cerberus,
a daring daylight dash through the English Channel back to Germany. In February 1942, you were deployed to Norway,
but you were torpedoed by an enemy submarine. The torpedo severely damaged your stern, which necessitated repairs in Germany.

After the German collapse in May 1945, you were transferred as a war prize. After being examined, you were assigned to the Operation Crossroads
nuclear tests at Bikini Atoll. Having survived two atomic blasts, you were towed to Kwajalein Atoll, where you ultimately capsized in December 1946.
Nowadays, the wreck remains partially visible above the water. You never sunk completely.

Right now, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are supposed to be in a loose alliance with a bunch of IJN ship girls
you don't even know... and the Abyssals look even worse! You can't trust them since they won't trust you.

What's the good news, you may ask? Well, since not even 2 atomic bombs managed to sink your WWII counterpart, you will survive the
first two night kill attempts against you, even if they are unblockable.
These protections will be ineffective if you are lynched.

Stay calm, hold strong and survive to the very end!

You win if you survive until any other faction achieves their Win Condition. Viel Erfolg! (German:"Good luck!")

As you can see, I had to re-adjust, fuse together and cut off a lot of roles and stuff.

Kai / Kai Ni requirements and effects
Duke:    lose armor or reach level 55 saying "poi" 55 times, becomes Elite Bodyguard
Arraxis   kill one non-town, becomes unblockable
Meta:    tracked person targeted someone 3 times (or 2 plus KTKM-sama), becomes Follower
Y-Buy:   survive until day 4 starts, becomes Commuter
wooly:   kill one non-town, gets wooden armor
Revon:   kill 2 players, double kill (1-shot)
Pal:      reveal identity, becomes Governor
John Titor:   Janitor kill one player, becomes Roleblocker
Merne:   get one system message, becomes Cop
Gamer:   wacthed person was targeted 3 times, becomes Database Tech
Elvis:    investigated by Cop (not Journalist) / last Abyssal alive, becomes Bulletproof
mrgw:    save someone's life, double heal (1-shot)
Verthand:   kill 3 players, unblockable kill has no penalty
Marx:    give away 5 inventions, 4th inventory slot unlocked, craft twice if targeted by nobody

Fun facts:

- In the early game concepts, Hiei was planned to be a Poisoner
Spoiler

- Originally, Sendai was planned to be the IJN's Vigilante because she loves night battles, but I got her in Waifia, so Tenryuu became the Vig instead.

- Town won with the Good End. However, a Bad End for the Town was also planned if the ship girls didn't attack RNGesus. There were also Good and Bad Ends for the other factions, of course.

- There were no IJN Carriers because Carriers can't fight at night.

Spoiler
PROVE IT!
Arraxis [Jan 12, 2016, 11:53:29 AM]:   POI~
Leynth [Jan 12, 2016, 08:02:52 PM]:   Poi
Duke Skyhopper [Jan 12, 2016, 11:54:07 AM]:   Poi~!
[Jan 12, 2016, 11:54:39 AM]:   Duke Skyhopper suspects the roles were fixed ever since that time he changed his name to Poi Treetopper
Arraxis [Jan 12, 2016, 11:55:49 AM]:   Likewise. I announced I got Tenryuu and Tatsuta and look what Kana gave me :D
Duke Skyhopper [Jan 12, 2016, 11:56:18 AM]:   we should be able to work out who everyone is just going through old messages XD
Heinrike [Jan 12, 2016, 11:56:18 AM]:   ... I just learned David Bowie died 2 days ago.
Arraxis [Jan 12, 2016, 11:56:34 AM]:   Mmhmm
Leynth [Jan 12, 2016, 08:05:43 PM]:   He was too fabulous to go
Duke Skyhopper [Jan 12, 2016, 11:56:48 AM]:   though the plus side of this is that most of us will get characters we know and like, which leads me to strong suspicions regarding the identity of Revon
Most of the roles weren't fixed at all. I swear! There were some lucky coincidences when I made the roles' draw.

Kana's thoughts regarding balance
TOWN CHARACTERS

Aoba:

- starts as Journalist in order to give more time for the mafia
- not too weak, since it can reveal useful info if it gets the Janitor, for example (highly unlikely, though)
- player has to choose one power, so the other one will remain unused for that night (Journalist OR Cop, not Journalist AND Cop)
- cute silly reporter

Akashi:

- just a Doctor
- does not work against unblockables
- Kai is not easy to activate since 50% of the scum can do unblockable kill
- has cool cranes and welders

Tenryuu:

- blockable Vigilante, because there's a Desperado
- Kai is hard to activate since 50% of the scum has wooden armor
- Kai is very strong
- badass eyepatch and sword

Yuudachi:

- just a Bodyguard
- does not work against unblockables (see: wooly-Kana Strongman's "dilemma")
- Kai ni is very hard to activate since 50% of the scum can do unblockable kill and ignore (or directly kill) Yuudachi
- but the Kai ni is very powerful! (Elite Bodyguard / Bomb)
- also take into account that Yuudachi Kai Ni (Elite Bodyguard that counterattacks) could also kill a townie such as a Vig!
- Poi

Akatsuki:

- Tracker is a weak role
- Kai ni as follower is not particularly strong either
- it would take 2 nights to know a certain player's target and action type
- elephant lady

Ooyodo:

- regular Watcher, stronger than Tracker
- Kai helps to discover fakeclaims, but is hard to get and wouldn't help against a fakeclaiming Janitor, for example
- kawaii meganekko secretary

Goya:

- Hider without the Weak modifier
- not as hard to kill as Commuter and not as helpful as Hider at confirming townies
- relatively easy but late game Kai, but still not very useful for the Town as a team
- claim is not plausible (typical scum fakeclaim), thus likely to be lynched
- anything but Orel, dechi!

Yamato:

- just your regular Doublevoter+Governor
- boring role
- add Mason, fits the flavor and helps the town a little, not so boring at night anymore
- can't coordinate night actions, so it's not that powerful
- lovely Yamato nadeshiko (badum tss), absolutely not a hotel

Yuubari:

- same niche as JOAT
- very slow role
- very versatile
- easy to confirm if states the given items
- also take into account that Yuubari could give items to the scum players!
- dem equipment slots

Yahagi:

- Desperado, a very volatile variant of Dayvig
- bypasses any death or investigation immunity
- boring at night
- add Mason, fits the flavor and helps the town a little, not so boring at night anymore
- can't coordinate night actions, so it's not that powerful
- Kai is just wooden armor because it fits historically (Gladiator would have given too much control of the Day phase to two players: Yamato and Yahagi)
- she's cute and looks like a good girl

----------------------------------------------------------

MAFIA CHARACTERS

Northern Princess:

- GodFather with wooden armor and safeclaim
- very safe role, maybe a bit boring
- improvements increase safety
- princess of lolis

Air Defense Princess:

- unstoppable, infinite-shot Strongman
- very strong and reliable Mafia role
- Mafia needs such a role to easily compensate their low player %, Mafia in Hyperia didn't have true unblockable kills and lost miserably (the only successful "Mafia" kill was Elvis' superpower, if I remmeber correctly)
- sexy bruiser

Seaplane Tender Princess:

- blockable, 1-shot Janitor
- becomes Roleblocker after Janitor kill
- provides an additional safeclaim and annoys the Town a lot if used properly
- gothloli-sama

-----------------------------------------------------------

3RD PARTY CHARACTERS

Bismarck:

- strong and versatile Serial Killer with wooden armor
- pride of Deutschland
- cutest Reichskanzler

Note that the Vig and the SK died too soon, while the Strongman lived relatively long.
Of course, this means that the protective roles' relevance was almost non existant.
However, the Mafia had really bad luck, failed one kill and was instantly caught by the townies.

Depending on just a few players' decisions, the outcome of the game would have been completely different, though.

I remember someone saying "we don't care if the game's not balanced, it's more important for it to be fun!"   ;D

- All the locations in KanCollia are real locations in the original game

Spoiler
Day 1: Sea in Front of the Naval Base (Map 1-1)
Day 2: Sea around the Nansei Islands (Map 1-2)
Day 3: Okinoshima Sea (Map 2-5)
Day 4: The Alfonsinos (Map 3-3)
Day 5: Throughout the Northern Sea (Map 3-4)

- Game log here

((Just saw Arra's, Marx', wooly's and Y-Buy's posts. I'm glad you had a good time playing KanCollia! See you in the Mafia Vortex! :D))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:15:15 pm by Kana the Boss »

Offline Gamerjunkie

« Reply #446 on: February 07, 2016, 12:23:35 am »
You are Ooyodo, IJN-aligned Light Cruiser.

"Admiral, I've organized our fleet's intelligence." -Ooyodo-

Intended as a command vessel for submarine operations, you were used for a variety of missions.
However, by the time of your completion, the role for which you were designed no longer existed.
Instead, the Japanese Navy made use of your long range and anti-aircraft capability as an escort for carrier groups.
Originally completed without any radar, a Type 21 radar set was installed on you in March 1943.
In the year 1944, you got a Type 22 surface search radar. You were a useful member of the IJN thanks to your radar proficiency
and your exceptional line of sight.

You may watch another player at night and observe any players who target him/her. You will not know which player did what.

The one time I get an investigative role... I die before I can do anything with it...
Arraxis [Oct 05, 2016, 07:24:37 am]:Boob poke super effective
Elvis Strunk [Oct 22, 2017, 01:28:51 pm]:Popcorn is only a slight error away from becoming copporn
rellimkram [Nov 16, 2017, 11:59:44 am]:Everyone is a Lolacon

Offline Pal

« Reply #447 on: February 07, 2016, 12:12:13 am »
Might as well join the club...

You are Yamato, IJN-aligned Battleship.

"Hotel, you say? N-no, you're wrong!" -Yamato-

You were the lead ship of the Yamato class of IJN WWII battleships. You and your sister ship, Musashi, were the heaviest
and most powerfully armed battleships ever constructed, displacing 72,800 tonnes at full load!
From the time of your construction, you and your sister Musashi carried significant weight in Japanese culture.
You represented the epitome of Imperial Japanese naval engineering, and because of your size, speed, and power,
visibly embodied Japan's determination and readiness to defend its interests.
Your symbolic might was such that some Japanese citizens held the belief that their country could never fall as long as you were able to fight.
In the year 1974, a television series called "Space Battleship Yamato" featured your rebuilding as a starship and your interstellar quest
to save the Earth. Your unforgettable legacy made you a legend. You are Yamato, the pride of the Japanese Empire!

Your votes count for two votes during the day.
You may split your votes, in which case, PM the moderator with your secret vote.
Other players will not be aware of this, although the number of votes will reflect this power.

You can also summon the moderator during any day phase in order to get your identity mod-confirmed in front of all the players.
If you do so, you will gain an additional power; the power to pardon a player from a lynch.
This secondary ability may be used as frequently as you like once you have activated it.
However, you must take into account that identifying yourself as Yamato will attract unwanted attention from your enemies. Be careful!

Yahagi was your bravest escort ship in your final mission: Operation Ten-Go. As such, you can sense Yahagi's presence in this game.
woolyshambler is playing as Yahagi, the IJN-aligned Light Cruiser. I guarantee you that woolyshambler is Town-aligned, just like you.
You may communicate with him at night, so don't start talking to each other yet!
The moderator will create a private PM chat for you two when the game starts.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline mrgw4

« Reply #448 on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:02 am »
You are Akashi, IJN-aligned Repair Ship.

"If you take a little damage, I can fix you up in the base. Just leave it to me!" -Akashi-

During WWII you operated out of the Japanese base in the Truk atoll where you repaired various types of battle-damaged Japanese warships.
Your real life counterpart had 17 different factories within your body, including furnace and anvils amongst other things - a true mobile manufacturing complex!
Thanks to your >400 mechanics, your high power generation capabilities and your modern machinery, you had unparalleled reparation abilities
compared to standard onshore factories. However, your ability to repair ships efficiently was what made you a priority target by your enemies.

You may protect a player from death at night. PM the moderator with your target as the night phase begins.
If that player is targeted for death, you will save him/her. Your protection does not work against unblockable kills. You may not protect yourself.

Does the club get jackets? I like jackets~ (Grumbles something vengeful about his called shots getting strong manned.)
yes everything I say can and will have a typo in it.

Offline Pal

Re: Kantai Collection Mafia: Day 2 - Sea around the Nansei Islands
« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2016, 01:44:16 am »
Day 2, Final Vote count:

wooly (1) - Verthand
Verthand (9) - wooly, Merne, Duke, mrgw, Elvis, Meta, Revontulet, Pal

*Eleven kanmusu surrounded the ship girl known as Verthand.
Someone hit her rudder to immobilize her and started singing a song.
The other ship girls sang along and scuttled Verthand*

Verthand was Battleship Bismarck, Independent Serial Killer

*A voice is heard in the far distance*
Just thought I'd share this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFWwPYB74ac

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers