Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles  (Read 9554 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: Valkyria Chronicles
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2017, 08:29:20 am »
None of you are getting nearly excited enough about this! I'm so glad to see that they've returned to the original system and engine after Revolution, and this story at least has me interested enough to consider it a good title in it's own right, as opposed to a sequel to a good game that came before it. Hype!

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Online WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2017, 11:30:07 am »
My solution to that was ignore S rank, play the game by actually advancing fronts, and aim to wipe out the enemy forces as totally as possible.

Only rushed for the skirmish mission, wiped out every filthy imperial in story one!

None of you are getting nearly excited enough about this! I'm so glad to see that they've returned to the original system and engine after Revolution, and this story at least has me interested enough to consider it a good title in it's own right, as opposed to a sequel to a good game that came before it. Hype!

Have none on the console it will be on, so hard to be  hyped about it, would have liked an announcement of more port to PC more

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2017, 12:05:25 pm »
A PC version is almost guaranteed in the months after release given that it'll be on XBone, but it does still surprise me that people are annoyed that games are only coming to games consoles. Though perhaps that's a debate for another day.

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:18 pm »
Wouldn't you be annoyed if a game you were interested in was on a console you don't have? I predominantly play PC or handheld, so I would want a PC version. Switch, sure, I can get it for that, but I don't have one of those yet.

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2017, 01:57:10 pm »
If a game i want is on something i don't have, i buy that console. It shouldn't be a surprise that a game series which has never been out on pc at launch isn't this time either, and at this point really it's a safe bet that the vast majority have at least one of the three current major consoles. Like I said, it'll come out eventually but games coming out on games consoles as that series always has shouldn't come as a surprise. Valkyria 1 had to be ported from ps3 before it got to PC, so this is just the norm.

Online Elvis Strunk

« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »
I don't think it's a matter of surprising anyone, so much as that simply being the reason those in such circumstances wouldn't be as excited as those who will be able to play the game without spending hundreds of dollars. That said, I'm pretty excited, enough to say "I'll be getting the game on Switch" rather than "Switch is what I'll get it on if I decide to get it", if that helps any~

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

Hey now, don't write me off so quickly!

Well, well, it seems we're getting the game we deserve/demanded. I am a bit disappointed that they're using the same war, but we'll be getting a new faction to play as. As for more valkyria... probably related to the hidden lab experiments hinted in every game. I just hope they don't keep the same grind mechanics in VC2 or give us useless classes. Class changing was interesting in VC3 but unnecessary.

Here's to hoping for a PC version that I can run on my potato.

FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade
Most influential games/series: Valkyria Chronicles, Nier: Automata, Spec Ops: The Line

Offline Charles Flyingpad

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2017, 07:57:50 pm »
If a game i want is on something i don't have, i buy that console.

THE BURGEOISIE IS BLIND TO THE CONCERNS OF THE WORKING CLASS!!

I'm on your trail, you console kulak.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 officially announced alongside story trailer. Coming to PS4, XBOX ONE, and Switch, which is where Iíll be getting it. Looks pretty cool, the trailer makes it seem very dramatic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJWkK7tFVV8

God fucking dammit, the choice of music to the trailer made me ABSOLUTELY LIVID.

We have a bunch of teenagers growing up on a fucking war, murdering other people, and then in the later part fucking freezing to death.

Let's put some fucking J-Rock in the background

I wonder if science will ever go so far that I'll be able to be a cute animu girl with cat ears.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055288188/

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2017, 08:51:00 pm »
J-rock is just now inevitable in anything with an anime aesthetic. I personally don't mind much this time as the song is at least somewhat fitting (and I love J-rock), but I've seen times where it's truly clashing, so you have my sympathies.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Online Deeox2

« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2017, 08:53:10 pm »
It's an anime game.

It might be pseudo-WW2, but it is not WW2.

Even if this is like, one of the only WW2 franchises or games to actually, even by proxy, bring up the Holocaust but...

Offline Charles Flyingpad

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2017, 04:28:31 pm »
It's an anime game.

It might be pseudo-WW2, but it is not WW2.

Even if this is like, one of the only WW2 franchises or games to actually, even by proxy, bring up the Holocaust but...
In other cases, I would agree with you, but as you can see on the scenes in that trailer, the game itself is set to be rather dark (even if cheesy and overdramatised at times) and the music in the background (that sounds like Japanese version of "I will always love you" by Whitney Houston) fits the atmosphere of those scenes as well as a fist fits a nose.

I wonder if science will ever go so far that I'll be able to be a cute animu girl with cat ears.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055288188/