Author Topic: May Update  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Helrouis

May Update
« on: May 21, 2016, 03:09:44 pm »
Scripts
Writing is 25% finished -- and Youko can do 15-20% per month.
The scripts are constantly being checked and proofread internally, and we will start "freezing" the scripts when we reach 50%. This means we will start pushing the scripts and new sprites to the build by August (assuming Youko's beyond 50% already).

New Sprites
Martian sprites editing has started -- and Tooaya will finish them all within next month.

Battle System
We updated our method to finish the never ending battle system deving... We've scoped the limitations of the battle by doing the final battle of the game. Sadly since this IS the final battle, so we can't show this demo to our backers. All in all, we've made significant progress and massive performance boost.

Conclusion for now
We can possibly hit October deadline at this rate, and we will not release a public game demo until the full game is finished.

We've learned our lesson -- making demos while the game is far from completion is just plain disastrous. Every time we make one, a teammate is likely urged to redo a major part of the game. This happened thrice already and yeah... NEVER AGAIN!
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"

Offline Marx-93

Re: May Update
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:06:14 pm »
It's alive!

We've learned our lesson -- making demos while the game is far from completion is just plain disastrous. Every time we make one, a teammate is likely urged to redo a major part of the game. This happened thrice already and yeah... NEVER AGAIN!

... This is in no way my fault, right...? I mean, I'm like the only one who wrote about 2 of this 3 demos...
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 11:12:01 pm »
I'd argue that such feedback is important in order to make the game good :D

Offline Helrouis

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:14:34 pm »
I'd argue that such feedback is important in order to make the game good :D
Indeed, and I think we've had enough of it over the years lol. Let's see how 3 public demos&revisions before releasing a final version goes...
[email protected]InnoMen Productions
Web/Game Developer
2D Illustrator/3D Modeler
"Fortuna Audaces Iuvat"