Author Topic: Sengoku Jidai Mafia: THE ELVIS STRUNK SHOGUNATE!!  (Read 12515 times)

Online Deeox2

Re: Sengoku Jidai Mafia: THE ELVIS STRUNK SHOGUNATE!!
« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
I think its unfortunate that some of us never had any interaction with the shogunate system. You could say that that fact is good, and that it doesn't dilute 'vanilla mafia', but I always find the additions to our mafia games to be some of the most interesting bits.

Oh well. At least I didn't die this time.

Online Revontulet

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2016, 02:59:46 pm »
Alas...*sigh* if I only could have shown you all the awesomeness that is Takeda-sama ;_;  Forgive me!

*bows to his favorite daimyo*
Milten [Sep 13, 2016, 03:31:18 pm]:   Come on, Rev's soul is 99% lewd, 1% Kurumi
Deeox2 [Dec 16, 2016, 01:31:10 am]:   ... Wow, I think Jannti broke my world solely by existing, lol.

https://youtu.be/USTCUPm5WB0

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2016, 03:02:45 pm »
I blame it on the fact that people kept killing the Shogun.

Offline Verthand

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »
Oh well lately i have been addicted to 2 other games (WoWs and LD) so didnt post here anymore, but at same time i felt I left it unfinished so i wanted to share this with u guys:

Darn. Guess it was inevitable given we accidentally targeted the other mafia faction night 1 XD

Also, dat night 2 dodge. Oh yeahhhhhh 8)

Yup, and Elvis had sent me his action before yours. When you decided to redirected him I rofled

Goddammit Ybuy! Not again! :P

Yes, I was so disappointed when they killed u night 1! Yours and Arraxis side quest was one of the main things i had planned for this game!

Huh... this is the first time I was Mafia... and yet again I was given a killing role by RNGesus... I need to have a talk with him, it's getting kinna predictable ain't it? At this rate, I need to make a table and list who I've killed and the amount of times I've killed them. Gamer of course takes 1st place with 3x killed by me...

You did very good as mafia. I thought you would die right after mrgw watched you and merne both target wooly in night 2 or after merne death, bk one of u 2 were the killer. I thought town would either lynch u or merne, and if merne lynched, it would be revealed he wasnt the janitor, so u would be killed by Elvis (vigilante). Also, later Merne had a revealed death, so you were obviously the janitor too, but town totally missed this lol

It all went well, and then Kana died.
Hell, even after Kana died, those Redirects worked well. Kinda.

Anyway. I totally called it, as I said to Dokker on Night 4:
We stand on a knife's edge. Tonight is the night the victors are decided.

GG, I suppose. Though I have failed both times as a Mafia, I hope when my time next comes to win.

It was rly bad luck Kana died. Not only Marx investigated him, but u guys had strongman kill Marx, buuuut meta roleblocked Kana and u screwed u guys. Game would have been very different if meta hadnt roleblocked Kana.

I said since night 1 we had to kill wooly!

HE WAS NOBUNAGA, I'M A GENIUS!

Also my poem is best poem*vanity powaaa*

lol the funniest thing is that wooly didnt make a single post. /me pats wooly

Suspect Meta, choose not to kill Meta, choose to kill Duke, instead kill Meta, Meta was Mafia, Duke was also Mafia. This went well. Also, Vigilante best role. The night I chose not to kill anyone, the person I would have killed was Pal, last night I got cheered, would have killed WhyBuy and Dee, but this way Dee survived. Nice going, best buddy, you saved the day.

"As Shogun, I state that this day, every year hence, we shall celebrate the lives of all those that fought and died in this war, both ally, and enemy. May they never be forgotten." -Shibata

"Also, lolis, no underwear, all that jazz." -Elvis

The Shogun wonders what a 'loli' is, but nevermind, he has a nation to lead.

Yup, you alone killed 3 mafia (2 vig kill and 1 daykill), which is half of them. 2 were lynched and 1 was killed by opposite mafia. Great job! The lolis salute u!

Spoiler

Wait, in the end I got killed by Merne with an un-blockeable kill? I thought Y-Buy had used some kind of counter, but a godfather with an un-blockeable kill...

Oh, well, props to mafia. After Day 3 I really thought we got you: Arraxis contacted me on Night 4, I investigated Y-Buy and we managed to pool all mafia's reasonable candidates in a list. Shame we got both killed so we couldn't say anything (though mrgw watched 2 dead people, he really could have said more; of the 4 people, 3 ended being mafia...).

Oh, well, in the end Elvis managed it for us. I suppose I can thank him, while I can look at my shiny record of 100% mafia investigations (though having 6 mafia of 15 definitely helped).

Yeah will talk about godfather wth unblockable kill later. And like I pmed u Marx: Im never giving u detective role again! 3 Mafia investigated in Nights 1-3 ruins the game fun! Marx nerf now!!

I contacted Elvis first night, and my plan was to slowly build up who I could trust and feed information to people slowly, as I had that as my secondary ability. I contacted Wooly the second night, and he died, unfortunately, and Marx the third where we had a productive conversation and figured "Well, at least one of us will survive!" I also happened to tell Elvis that I contacted Marx that night via my death poem in code, but it probably wasn't useful and he may not have noticed anyway. I also distributed provinces, one of which went to Elvis, the other two to myself and Marx, unfortunately. I'll have people know that I would have been a great Shogun. Blonde hair and red eyes FTW

Yup, you would. I regret not naming you Shogun right after Kana lynch, I would do it in next day bk the Shogun power was a Daykill, and with wooly (Nobunaga) dead you were obviously the new Shogun since you revealed yourself as Toyotomi. Thats why i named Elvis Shogun right away but not u, and i ended up regretting it. /me hugs Arraxis furry tail

I think its unfortunate that some of us never had any interaction with the shogunate system. You could say that that fact is good, and that it doesn't dilute 'vanilla mafia', but I always find the additions to our mafia games to be some of the most interesting bits.

Oh well. At least I didn't die this time.

Yeah it took forever to name someone Shogun bk ybuy alone held 4 provinces, so Oda and the Coalition had to share the remaining 7, which didnt allow none  of them to be named Shogun. But liked I said, at some point Arraxis would be named Shogun, and if Kana hadnt died it was likely that the Coalition would have gathered enough provinces too, making Merne Shogun.

Will post more in a while!

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Arraxis

« Reply #154 on: March 08, 2016, 07:59:46 am »
I'm so glad that Elvis didn't get insta lynched. I don't see how some of you thought he was the bad guy :D.

Online Deeox2

« Reply #155 on: March 08, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »
I've played Mafia long enough to know if I don't suspect literally everyone at all times, I'll probably die.

*cough*VCMafia*cough*

Offline Verthand

« Reply #156 on: March 08, 2016, 08:36:24 pm »
About chars that would be in game but were left out:

Maeda Toshiie:

He was the original vigilante, while Shibata Katsuie would have a protective role, but he ended up cut out and Shibata got the vig role. He had a very aggressive personality, and even killed a kin of Oda Nobunaga, and was punished with no stipend for one or two years. He was kinda of a delinquent, more like a gangster with a sword than a samurai that followed the Bushido.

Here is his role pm I had prepared for him:

Spoiler
You are Maeda Toshiie (1539 – 1599), spearhead of the Oda Clan army. Your prowess in battle made you a sort of a legend, and later you became the daimyo of the rich province of Kaga.

You are a vigilante retainer of the Oda Clan, Town-Alligned Faction. You have 3 regular shots. If you kill a member of the Oda Clan then repent by apologizing and staying silent for 1 day, you will gain unlimited unblockable kills. You can still make one vote and FOS post while remaining silent.
You rule Kaga province. You win when all other factions have been eliminated.

Spoiler

BACKGROUND
(The Oda clan exploits are in the main thread, so im not repeating them here, just going to add things I didn’t put there)

You served Oda Nobunaga since your childhood, as a page, but your prowess in battle with the Yari (a type of spear) allowed you to raise in ranks. A  reserved and stern man, you also had a short temper, getting in fights and killing people in duels every now and then. Your unusual dressing for a samurai, going kabukimono style, also made you look like more a kind of gangster than a samurai, thus u were nicknamed “dog” by your lord.

In your youth, you got in a fight with a kin of Oda Nobunaga and killed him. As punishment, your received no stipend for 2 years, making you live in poverty. Usually, a retainer that kills a kin of his lord would be punished with death, but you and your talents were valuable to Oda Nobunaga. Ironically, later you would become the daimyo of Kaga, the richest of all provinces, called the “one million koku province” (koku was rice a person would consume in one year. At that time, the wealthy of a province was measured in how many koku it would produce).

You married your cousin Maeda Matsu, an intelligent woman also said to be both knowledgeable in literary and martial arts. She wasn’t blood related though, since she was adopted in your family, but you both grew together.

Later, after the death of your lord Oda Nobunaga, you first served Shibata Katsuie. However, following his defeat in the Battle of Shizugatake and the death of Shibata, Toyotomi Hideyoshi made you his retainer and general. You gained many victories in his name, and were awarded the province of Kaga, the richest province in Japan. In your final years, you were named one of the Council of Five Elders to watch over Hideyori, Hideyoshi’s heir, but you passed away shortly after Hideyoshi himself.

You entered History as one of the main retainers of the Oda, also playing a major role under the leadership of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and being one of the main characters of the Sengoku Jidai. At the same time, you were viewed as someone rude, aggressive, and kinda of a troublemaker.

Night Ability
You can perform 3 regular kills at night. If you kill a member of the Oda Clan then repent by apologizing and staying silent for 1 day, you will gain unlimited unblockable kills. You can still make one post with your vote and FOS while remaining silent.

Updated: March 08, 2016, 08:58:21 pm
About chars that would be in game but were left out 2:

Sanada Masayuki:

Now this guy was a big deal, a shame I couldn’t fit him in. I think Marx mentioned Akechi Mitsuhide would be the independent. But after you read the story of this guy, you gonna see he was a real life independent, much like Mori Motonari was a real life janitor (he took away all corpses and blood stained earth and stones after the Battle of Miyajima bk the island was a sacred place).

Sanada Masayuki was a retainer of the Takeda, but after they fell in 1582, he had no more lord. The Takeda retainers split up, serving Oda, Tokugawa, Uesugi and Hojo. Sanada swore loyalty to the Oda, but most of his land was taken, and he was left with one small fief (Ueda) in the middle of Shinano mountains and a 2.000 soldiers army, which was like nothing. But things would get worser for him. Only 3 months later, Nobunaga died, so the old Takeda territories, including Ueda, became a no-man’s land for the taking. Hojo, Uesugi and Tokugawa started war for it, and Sanada was caught in the middle of a large war with only 2.000 soldiers to defend his land against the three of them.

But guy was a genius in diplomacy. First, he sent his brother and son to ally with Uesugi, but at same time he negotiated an alliance with the Hojo, saying he had persuaded another famous and respected old Takeda retainer to leave Uesugi and join Hojo. Uesugi took all his lands when he accept that old Takeda retainer, but made him protect it, so he was unhappy with Uesugi, but wasn’t thinking of betraying them – the Sanada persuaded him to do so. He made the Hojo write a letter saying they would give back land ownership to him if he betrays the Uesugi, and the Sanada delivered the letter. Right after he got the letter, the Sanada killed him and told the Uesugi of his “betrayal”, so when the Hojo and Uesugi army met, the Uesugi put the body of the “betrayer” tied in a cross, meaning the Hojo plot had been discovered.

He also spread fake rumors that Tokugawa started invading Kai in the south of Ueda, which wasn’t true, and the Uesugi had an internal revolt to suppress so both Uesugi and Hojo armies left Ueda without fighting. The Hojo then headed south to battle the Tokugawa, that wasn’t invading Kai but mobilized his army when he heard the Hojo was marching towards him, so the Hojo and Tokugawa got busy in a war in Kai and he successfully protected his land without a single battle, but manipulating the Hojo, Uesugi and Tokugawa through diplomacy. Now that’s a true independent guy that swears fake alliances to everyone but is actually noone’s ally, working for his own!

Later, he would win epic battles of 2.000 vs 40.000, and there are more interesting things about him and his sons, but I think I wrote too much alredy. Here is the role pm msg for him:

Spoiler
You are Sanada Masayuki (1547 – 1611), one of the greatest strategists of Sengoku Jidai. You were known for defeating much larger armies with only a small force, and for drifting quickly to many different alliances. You are the independent serial killer. You hold the Province of Shinano.

You are Daimyo of the Sanada Clan, the independent Serial Killer with a special armor. You are able to perform regular kills every night, and with your legendary defensive tactics you are able to repeal any regular kill that targets you. For each time you repeal a regular kill, you will be able to perform an unblockable kill. You rule over the province of Shinano. You win when all other factions have been eliminated.

Spoiler

BACKGROUND
The Sanada was a vassal clan to the Takeda until their downfall. You took part in many of their battles, including the Battles of Kawanakajima (1553 – 1564) and the Battle of Nagashino (1575), where you lost your two older brothers. However, after the Takeda fell to the Oda-Tokugawa forces in 1582, you were in a very uncomfortable position of a daimyo of a small clan trapped between 4 major forces: Oda, Tokugawa, Hojo and Uesugi. To survive, you would ally with all of them in different moments, and had to defend your castle against the Tokugawa twice.

Right after the Takeda perished, you allied with Oda Nobunaga, who was one step away from unification, however, shortly after, Nobunaga died betrayed in Honnou-ji Temple. You then predicted that Shinano would become the stage of a major war between Tokugawa, Uesugi and Hojo, for control the old Takeda lands, and to survive, you first allied with Uesugi, but after only 2 weeks, you defected to the Hojo. As the war developed, you also negotiated a secret alliance with the Tokugawa, and for some time you were officially under Hojo alliance, but was aiding Tokugawa forces in secrecy, until you officially defected to their side.

In 1584, the Tokugawa and Hojo finally came to peace, but in their terms, Tokugawa gave Hojo part of your lands, namely Numata Castle. You strongly disagreed and refused to hand over Numata Castle, then cut ties with Tokugawa and allied again with the Uesugi. That’s when Tokugawa attacked Ueda Castle with a force of 7.000 soldiers, against your small garrison of 1.200.

Unlikely everyone expected, you didn’t surrender to such a larger army at your gates. Instead, you made use of all the defenses you built in Ueda Castle, by building the whole place like a giant maze of narrow corridors, filled with traps and dead ends, which reduced the disadvantage of being outnumbered. While other daimyo only built moats around their walls, you also built square moats, as large that today people use them as baseball camps. Not only that, but you also built a secret exit, allowing your cavalry to leave the garrison while besieged, to perform raid attacks, and, finally, you built dams and channels in the river that the armies had to cross to get to Ueda Castle, flooding it while they were crossing it.

With all those careful planning, you managed to successful repeal the Tokugawa and inflict severe casualties while they were retreating. This battle made you gain national prominence and your opponent admiration, to the point Tokugawa offered the daughter of one of his main generals to marry your heir, to seal a stable alliance. You accepted, then your son, Sanada Nobuyuki, married Honda Komatsu, daughter of none other than Honda Tadakatsu, one of the legendary Tokugawa Four Heavenly Kings.
Then, in 1600, Tokugawa called you and his other allies for an emergency War Council. It was time to march to Sekigahara. Once again, to ensure your clan survival no matter the result, you made you heir, Nobuyuki, married to the Tokugawa, side with him in Sekigahara, while you and your younger son, Sanada Yukimura, allied with the Western Army. It led to a confusing situation, with brother and son in opposite sides of the war, but assuring the clan survival.

In a famous story about your way back to Ueda Castle from that War Council, you stopped by Nobuyuki’s Castle to rest at night and said you wanted to see your grandson. However, as Nobuyuki stayed with Tokugawa, Komatsu was in charge of the Castle and didn’t allow you in, as you were now their enemy. Out of options, you then camped in a nearby temple, and shortly after, Komatsu brought you dinner and your grandson, granting you your request, yet not putting the castle safety in risk. It was her win.

Finally, Tokugawa Hidetada, Ieyasu’s son, on his way to Sekigahara, decided to siege Ueda Castle, this time with an army of 38.000 against your 2.000, in a ridiculous advantage of 19:1. Once again, he thought you would simply open your gates to him, but you made him fall in the same traps and tricks that defeated his father 16 years before. Due to the disastrous siege that followed, he was unable to arrive in Sekigahara in time, and in the Tokugawa war records, the battle against you is described as a “Major defeat. Immeasurable casualties”. The Tokugawa never returned there.

Thus, you entered History as one of the brightest strategists of your time, that performed legendary deeds with no equal, being able to defeat even much larger forces of respected opponents such as the Tokugawa. However, after the fall of the Takeda, your cunning diplomacy earned you the name “Two-faced”, and while you officially allied with everyone, you were never a true ally to any of them, even after the wedding of your heir with Honda Komatsu.

Night Ability
As the independent daimyo of the Sanada Clan, you are able to perform regular kills every night and perform legendary defensive battles in Ueda Castle, being granted the ability to repeal any regular kills that target you. For each time you repeal a regular kill, you will be able to perform an unblockable kill.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:58:21 pm by Verthand »

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.

Offline Pal

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2016, 09:28:09 pm »
I like this Sanada Masayuki guy. I would have had a LOT of fun as him, I think. >_>

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #158 on: March 08, 2016, 09:29:11 pm »
He's like a smarter version of my character! Good thing he was dropped or he'd have made me look even worse >_>

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Merne23

« Reply #159 on: March 08, 2016, 11:09:43 pm »
Mori Motonari's ability was mainly as a naval commander, if I recall. Though I've got to admit holding a castle, even a heavily fortified castle, against odds of 19:1 is downright impressive. Not to mention turning all of your "allies" against each other to keep control of your land is not only ballsy, but really funny.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Verthand

« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »
No, I didnt forget my promise to share curious facts with u guys! It has been long but here they are, sry for taking this much time:

Uesugi Kenshin
When he was 19, his retainers didnt have confidence in his abilities, and his generals runned away when he ordered them to fight. He got depressed and quitted being daimyo, but his generals swore they wouldnt disobey anymore and persuaded him to come back.

Also, he was known for his "righteous wars against the evil strong ppl", but there are some theories it was just a facade to unite the ppl under him, bk he had difficulties in uniting Echigo and his retainers in his early years, and he would sell the captives for slavery to foreign merchants.

Takeda Shingen
When he died, he asked his retainers to keep it a secret as long as they could so the other daimyo wouldnt attack the Takeda. They hid it so well that even today ppl dont rly know what killed him, with 3 different versions of how he died.

Yamamoto Kansuke
One of the greastest strategist the Takeda ever had, he first offered his services to Imagawa Yoshimoto, who dismissed him without granting him an audience bk Kansuke was very ugly, lost one eye, and had a leg injury that didnt allow him to walk right.

Sanada Masayuki
Ueda Castle, the stage where he became famous for defeating Tokugawa twice even badly outnumbered, was actually built with resources and labor that he asked the Tokugawa when Sanada joined him. That obviously made Tokugawa even more furious when he was defeated there.

Also, his father once lost all his territories and lived in a temple stable as a homeless, and the monk would give him 6 coins a day, until Yamamoto Kansuke presented the Sanada to serve the Takeda. Thats why the Sanada emblem are 6 coins.

Date Masamune
When he was going to engage his uncle, ruler of Mogami Clan, his mother and sister of the Mogami daimyo moved in a litter between the two armies and scolded them both so hard that they quitted fighting and went back to their territories in peace. No woman ever did that before or after her in Japan.

Chosokabe Motochika
Regarded as the greatest daimyo of the Chosokabe, who expanded the clan and conquered all of Shikoku, when he was young he was called "little princess" by his own retainers bk he was more interested in art and poetry than fighting.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi
Despite having many lovers and concubines, Hideyoshi never had any children with them, but suddenly Lady Yodo, the concubine that hated him the most, bore him 2 male children (the first one died at early age). She didnt even want to marry him and was only persuaded by Mitsunari Ishida, and its speculated that they were secret lovers and the children were Ishida's sons. Loyal in daytime, sleeping with his lord's wife at night :P

Toyotomi Hidetsugu
Nephew of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, with whom Hideyoshi shared regent's powers leaving domestic affairs to him. Its well known he was an enthusiast of shudou, having a number of young boy lovers. Yaoi pedobear~

Tokugawa Ieyasu
He used to shit his pants everytime he would meet Oda Nobunaga and even his wife made fun of him bk of that. He is usually described as being a loyal ally to the Oda, but its likely he was too scared to disagree with Nobunaga about anything.

The Main Sengoku Jidai Towns
Many of the most important towns of that time became lil forgotten countryside towns today, with only a few dozen thousands population. It happened mostly bk the castles were built in the mountains or places with difficult access in general, so the trains of the XIX century couldnt go to that towns and they never developed much.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:31:02 pm by Verthand »