Author Topic: Persistent save  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Xechran

Persistent save
« on: March 06, 2016, 01:44:40 am »
I must be too short on sleep. I'm trying to import my MoA 7.2 persistent save into Lib Day, and I can't seem to figure this out. I went into the MoA saves directory and copied the persistent save, pasted that into the Lib day save folder but that did not work. I'm missing something far too simple for this arent I?

Offline Geocorn

Re: Persistent save
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 06:03:01 pm »
I think it just detects where MoA is and sees if you exported an LD save in that folder or not... for me I didn't have to manually move anything, I just went to start the game and clicked import and it loaded, starting the same condition that I ended MoA on.

Offline Xechran

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:32:35 am »
Hrm, were you using Steam installs? Maybe its looking down the wrong path?

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 07:13:16 pm »
Hrm, were you using Steam installs? Maybe its looking down the wrong path?

My persistent save file was located in a completely different directory, so yeah.

Are you SURE you have the data to import? You're not actually copying save files from MoA.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Xechran

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 03:36:44 am »
Complete the last mission, click yes on create save. I already had one ready to go, even went back and replayed the final mission to hit it again just to be sure. Checked the time stamps on the saves and the "persistent" save lines up with that.

You said it was in a different directory, if I'm reading into that right its not a steam install then? If Lib day is pulling the info from windows registry, could explain it.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 12:51:06 am »
Don't copy any files.

Complete MoA 7.2, tell it to create the save. Launch LD, click New Game, click the import button at the top of the window.

Offline Xechran

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 09:20:31 am »
Sorry, was not clear enough yesterday. Did just open Lib Day and try to import to start with, did not work. Then tried moving saves around, did not work. Lib day just isnt looking in the right place is all I can figure, and its a steam install to the default programs(x86) folder on a 64 bit Win 7 machine. Anyone have a steam install that did import it?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:48:57 am by Xechran »

Offline Histidine

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 01:00:49 pm »
Hmm, I'm using a Steam install for both games, installed to C:\Program Files\Steam.

Anyway: If you want official tech support from the devs, you'll need to use the other forum here

Offline Shirley

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 09:15:03 pm »
Try the folder path I have.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 05:25:21 am »
the file you need for the import into LibDay isn't the usual persistent file but a file actually called 'Sunrider'. just that, no extention. it should be placed in:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent\
or similar

it gets put there by MoA and LibDay expect to find it in the exact same place. afaik, nothing is placed in the actual game folders. copying the game files to a different computer or for whatever reason losing your user files will therefore lose you the import.
in other words, it has to be the same computer with the same installation of windows and with the same user account or else the import will not work.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:28:14 am by Vaendryl »
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Xechran

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 08:35:55 am »
Thanks for the help, but in the end I gave up and just picked through manually. I should have gotten some sleep before posting this anyway, caused some unneeded confusion.

I checked the directory Vaen pointed to and I have a file there. Its the same computer, same steam install. When I completed MoA and hit yes on the prompt it said save successful. Time stamp on this file updated to match. Just tried it again to double check, still can't get it to import though.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 09:16:51 pm »
even after updating it it doesn't work?
now that's odd :/

sorry to say I've no idea what could be going wrong for you. it seems to work for most...
(╯□)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9