Author Topic: Update!!  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Update!!
« on: March 06, 2016, 09:34:59 am »
Just popped up on steam, so I figured I'd post it here too. Rejoice, lovers of the english VAs!

V2.00 will be a fully FREE update which adds the following new features.
-MORE story content after the current ending which will answer some of your most burning questions and clear up any mistaken impression that this is the end of the series
-The return of the ship map
-MoA battle voices can now be toggled on in the preferences
-Of course regular bug fixes

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Sephiroth12285

Re: Update!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 01:29:18 am »
Oh I am intrigued...
Sephiroth12285 on Fanfiction.net
Sephiroth12285 on Deviant Art

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 02:11:50 am »
asaga's combat voice and sola's every voice was only issue for me so I'll hope for individual toggles.

My Sola possibly cant be acting cute
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 10:30:00 am »
it's a shame there's no news section on this forum where Samu could tell us these things  ::)

Offline Sephiroth12285

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 02:38:51 am »
True I am glad for the updates through and the new additions that will be added, but I wish we knew more of a time frame.

Offline SharrOfRyuvia

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 03:16:59 am »
Just popped up on steam, so I figured I'd post it here too. Rejoice, lovers of the english VAs!

V2.00 will be a fully FREE update which adds the following new features.
-MORE story content after the current ending which will answer some of your most burning questions and clear up any mistaken impression that this is the end of the series
-The return of the ship map
-MoA battle voices can now be toggled on in the preferences
-Of course regular bug fixes

Thing is... I'm kinda skeptical, honestly, that it will fix the response. I don't think it was anything after or during the ending that was an issue for people; The 'To Be Continued' made it pretty clear this wasn't intended to be the end of the series. Yes it was a cliffhanger, but there really wasn't any way to get a 'mistaken impression' that this was meant to be the final game.

I think it was the content (or lack thereof according to many) before and leading up to the ending that got people upset. The lack of story-variation and general shortness of the game itself - I'd honestly think one would have to make an entire new chapter between the prologue and the Cera Invasion to rectify the balance. It was the story itself that people seemed to find lacking - the ending only highlighted that. Post ending content wouldn't fix a whole lot in that instance - more pre-ending/mid-game content would probably do better.

But that's just mah own opinion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:18:59 am by SharrOfRyuvia »

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:39:13 am »
it's a shame there's no news section on this forum where Samu could tell us these things  ::)

prolly patreon page or sunrider forums
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Sephiroth12285

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 03:40:12 am »
Which is why I am going to hold off from playing the game until the update comes out.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 12:22:21 pm »
The crappy thing is, that this is the definition of Early Access. (Good Early Access, not studios like DoubleFine that use Early Access as a means to completely crowdfund production.) And, nowhere is it made clear that you're buying an unfinished product. Now personally, I don't care, I would have paid $23 for LD in Early Access. But, it's 100% unethical to present something as a finished product that's well not. We're not talking about releasing bug fixes or side-quests. So do I feel cheated? Not at all. Especially since I've said that I feel even in its current state, it compares to other VNs at the same price point. But fact of the matter is, people bought something rightfully expecting a finished product, and that isn't what was received. I doubt it was Samu-kun's intent to be deceptive, but give that there were a large number of people already upset that the saga wasn't going to be finished for free, this is a PR fiasco. I mean obviously they'll eventually get the finished product they feel they paid for, but I'm sure a lot of people will feel they paid for it now not six months from now. Hopefully for LiS those people are a very small minority though.

Offline LightMage

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 06:04:19 am »

Thing is... I'm kinda skeptical, honestly, that it will fix the response. I don't think it was anything after or during the ending that was an issue for people; The 'To Be Continued' made it pretty clear this wasn't intended to be the end of the series. Yes it was a cliffhanger, but there really wasn't any way to get a 'mistaken impression' that this was meant to be the final game.

I think it was the content (or lack thereof according to many) before and leading up to the ending that got people upset. The lack of story-variation and general shortness of the game itself - I'd honestly think one would have to make an entire new chapter between the prologue and the Cera Invasion to rectify the balance. It was the story itself that people seemed to find lacking - the ending only highlighted that. Post ending content wouldn't fix a whole lot in that instance - more pre-ending/mid-game content would probably do better.

Hmm, I have to agree. I think that, at least before some of us did bring up the lack of side quests and alt-mission paths. And we were told IIRC (this is like a year+ ago) there would be more in the later parts. And I guess the problem is that the later parts are too 'late' for people. Like if we're getting a lot of side questing and branching in Part 4, it's too late in the game so to speak for a lot of people.

A good number of us here, back in 2014 ish treated this game closer to well X-Com, where the story was 'under construction' and most of us just focused on messing about with the gameplay and trying to make it harder for the... three(?) people who played it on the hardest difficulty. :V and that gave bad feedback. Woops. Communication kills. I'm thinking in light of that, maybe (I don't know if they do this already) but early plot spoilers / outlines and stuff for Backers / People who volunteer and get people specifically looking at the story in advance.

I'm thinking Part 2 - MoA needs more Side-Questing and Lore Building and stuff. More beef to it. And that'll result in making people more satisfied I feel. (Along with V2.0 and the other changes coming to Lib Day). For example playing with the timeline a bit more to allow room for a bigger 'plot cool down bubble', play around with introducing some more alt mission types and unique mechanics that can show up as parts of main missions later on if they work well. Some more 'general chat' or 'light chat' kinda stuff.

Admittedly adding more side quests will screw with the balance a lot of us focused on as we played due to giving us more funding and CP, which will effect the difficulty of later missions... of course maybe they can just give less loot due to some clever reasoning. And apparently uh everything is VA now right, so I guess adding more dialogue lines would be fairly hard heh.

Also hey guys, I'm back from my year+ break, I was kinda expecting to see a 7.3 version come out before Part 3 did ahaha, boy was I surprised. (Admittedly this is because I am bad at checking news feeds on Steam.) Time to check out some cool mods that came while I was gone, and probably update the 'enemy goes first mod' if no one else has done it yet. Plan on waiting for the big patch before I get started on Lib Day, and a lot of the mods seem to be 7.2 only anyway...

Offline SharrOfRyuvia

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 07:22:53 am »

Hmm, I have to agree. I think that, at least before some of us did bring up the lack of side quests and alt-mission paths. And we were told IIRC (this is like a year+ ago) there would be more in the later parts. And I guess the problem is that the later parts are too 'late' for people. Like if we're getting a lot of side questing and branching in Part 4, it's too late in the game so to speak for a lot of people.

A good number of us here, back in 2014 ish treated this game closer to well X-Com, where the story was 'under construction' and most of us just focused on messing about with the gameplay and trying to make it harder for the... three(?) people who played it on the hardest difficulty. :V and that gave bad feedback. Woops. Communication kills. I'm thinking in light of that, maybe (I don't know if they do this already) but early plot spoilers / outlines and stuff for Backers / People who volunteer and get people specifically looking at the story in advance.

I'm thinking Part 2 - MoA needs more Side-Questing and Lore Building and stuff. More beef to it. And that'll result in making people more satisfied I feel. (Along with V2.0 and the other changes coming to Lib Day). For example playing with the timeline a bit more to allow room for a bigger 'plot cool down bubble', play around with introducing some more alt mission types and unique mechanics that can show up as parts of main missions later on if they work well. Some more 'general chat' or 'light chat' kinda stuff.

Admittedly adding more side quests will screw with the balance a lot of us focused on as we played due to giving us more funding and CP, which will effect the difficulty of later missions... of course maybe they can just give less loot due to some clever reasoning. And apparently uh everything is VA now right, so I guess adding more dialogue lines would be fairly hard heh.

Also hey guys, I'm back from my year+ break, I was kinda expecting to see a 7.3 version come out before Part 3 did ahaha, boy was I surprised. (Admittedly this is because I am bad at checking news feeds on Steam.) Time to check out some cool mods that came while I was gone, and probably update the 'enemy goes first mod' if no one else has done it yet. Plan on waiting for the big patch before I get started on Lib Day, and a lot of the mods seem to be 7.2 only anyway...

They said they were done adding to MoA, though. That they weren't going back to it - all new releases from this point forward.  And yes - that's another reason I feel VA's might have been a mistake; it limits what you can and can't fix and/or add. I think they should have waited until well after a full release to add the VA's.

Also, several changes in LD - CP is capped at 5000 per mission and you gain them real-time. Funding is split into two different branches - cash for buying stuff and 'intel' for vessel/Ryder upgrades.

With the story of LD... I think adding mid-game content, such as maybe a new chapter with choices that have at least a little impact on the story/ending, would probably be better received then post-ending content. Personally speaking that is.

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 02:45:45 pm »

prolly patreon page or sunrider forums

Also on the Lib Day Store page. I first read this info on the news section: http://steamcommunity.com/games/358750/announcements/detail/955132547461863264

Which is why I am going to hold off from playing the game until the update comes out.

I'm also doing the same thing because of both the future update and the pricing... sort of... Honestly I'm ok with the price because I'm freeloading off of the Kick Starter for FA and MoA. However, if the 3rd part of the "Season 1" story lacks certain depth and such... from a consumer's standpoint, I feel that I should wait until I read the reviews for the update. Of course I can always buy the game ahead of time, wait for the patch, then play it, but IDK, I feel I'm clouded by my personal bias in loving Sunrider too much...

(I made the second Pic)

FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 08:37:50 pm »
He, to be honest I felt most of the reviews until now are also colored by their own bias too much too. The game has a lot of issues and it's a tad expensive for what it offers, but it's not a total failure or even bad as a game; half the flak it gets is because it's finally Sunrider's first (not a spinoff) commercial release, and it ends being shorter and not as good as FA+MoA.

Just that Samu-kun seems to have to forget to read "How to release a very hyped game after 1 year and a half of wait for dummies".

Sincerely, I doubt reviews will improve a lot with the update; the update seems focused on restoring English voices, adding the map on the Sunrider again and expanding on the ending. They can't simply expand the script too much, they don't have time and it's the kind of things that only worsens when it's rushed.

Updated: March 10, 2016, 01:17:21 pm
The update has been released (right now as a beta, but I expect after a bit more testing it will automatically update to the game).

Very good stuff, adds around 40 minutes of content (unvoiced though) and clears lots of loose ends. Definitely returns to some of the strong points of MoA and is a good ending spot, even if it's true it kinda seems more like the prologue of the next game than an epilogue.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 01:17:21 pm by Marx-93 »
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline deathzealotzero

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:35 am »
Actually, I did not like the English Voices back it sounds weird with the rest of the game still voice in Japanese. Its only the In Battle Chatter that was English therefore made it kind of out-of-sync. Other then that loved the new ending. That is how you do a Cliffhanger right.
Deathzealot on Fanfiction.Net
Deathzealot on MechaTalk
deathzealotzero on Spacebattles
deathzealotzero on Sufficient Velocity
deathzealotzero on DeviantArt

Offline Trades46

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 06:08:00 am »
Seems like Samu & Love in Space listens to its fanbase; when I heard V1.0 pulled off a "Mass Effect 3" ending that made me think twice about the purchase.

Well, if V2.0 patched things up (and the bonus return of Eng VAs), then the deal seems like it gotten sweeter. Now I need to wait for my paycheck to arrive...
"There's something wrong with our bloody ships today..."
-Kancolle in a nutshell, courtesy of Admiral Beatty