Author Topic: LD Japanese voices for MoA  (Read 2182 times)

Offline saibotlieh

LD Japanese voices for MoA
« on: March 07, 2016, 01:25:53 am »
This mod switches the English voices in Mask of Arcadius with the Japanese voices from Liberation Day. You need to own Liberation Day for this to work. Here is how to install the mod:

1. Download the attached zip file.
2. Unpack the file and put the two rpy files into the "...\Sunrider\game" folder of your MoA Sunrider installation
3. Go into the "...\Sunrider Liberation Day\game" folder of your LD Sunrider installation and find a file named "archive.rpa"
4. Copy that file into the "...\Sunrider\game" folder of your MoA Sunrider installation. If there is already a file with the same name, rename the to-copy file to "LD_archive.rpa"

And that should be it.

Enjoy!  :)

Creating this mod involved a lot of copy&paste. I hope I got everything correct, but of course there might be something missing or wrong after all. If you find any english voices left, report it and I will try my best to fix it.

Also, if somebody knows to access rpa that are not the game folder with Ren'Py, it should be possible to get away without copying the archive.rpa file.

Offline Marx-93

Re: LD Japanese voices for MoA
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:35:19 am »
Oh, that's actually a fairly useful mod for those who preferred the Japanese voices. Have you thought of putting it in the new Sunrider forum?
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 01:51:41 pm »
Nice, I was going to do the exact opposite for the steam peoples before Samu said in V2 they would have a switch between voices in LD. I've linked to it on the sunrider forums list so hopefully new people will see it as well.

Something useful I've noticed is if the attribute of an object is only defined by the class, it changes with the class unless it is defined outside of the class.

This means you can add directly to the class and ships will use it but if you take the file out, it will automatically dissapear from the ships.

Code: (Are you a whale?) [Select]
init 5 python:
    Saibotlieh.whale = True

Saibotlieh.whale # will return true, but after the file is gone, it will return no attribute

####### In game:
Saibotleih.whale = True # Will now return True if checked because it has been defined outside of the class

Saibotleih.whale = False # Will return False even if you change the class definition because it has been defined outside of the class

I assume it means renpy creates the objects and then applies changes to them from the save file which is quite helpfull when modding

But all this rambleing is trying to say you can just do:

Sunrider.selection_voice = files

without needing to make custom functions and stuff.

About accessing an outside RPA, I think its doable but it would also need a direct path which might change with steam/dempasoft so may not be the best thing. You could always ask Samu if he minds you makeing the files publicly available and just zip them to drop in the game folder.
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:41:51 pm »
I support mod creation, and I like that you wrote a code like this to change her voices, but I do not like this mod.
F**k you.
but great job, much props, such code!
Yes, this is a hate post from me. Congrats. It's really hard for me to hate on something.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
I support mod creation, and I like that you wrote a code like this to change her voices, but I do not like this mod.
F**k you.
Yes, this is a hate post from me. Congrats. It's really hard for me to hate on something.
you're a noob
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 06:01:28 pm »
F**k you.

That is probably the most useless post I've seen you make. I don't like the Japanese voices either but I'm sure other people will and this will be awesome for them.
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 06:28:30 pm »
Oh, that's actually a fairly useful mod for those who preferred the Japanese voices. Have you thought of putting it in the new Sunrider forum?
I have, but I am still unsure how to handle that second forum. For now I will keep my mods here and hope that Bigfoot's post will lure the people over.
Nice, I was going to do the exact opposite for the steam peoples before Samu said in V2 they would have a switch between voices in LD. I've linked to it on the sunrider forums list so hopefully new people will see it as well.
Thanks for that. I also was thinking about putting the English voices in LD, but V2 will handle that for us now I guess.
Something useful I've noticed is if the attribute of an object is only defined by the class, it changes with the class unless it is defined outside of the class.

This means you can add directly to the class and ships will use it but if you take the file out, it will automatically dissapear from the ships.

Code: (Are you a whale?) [Select]
init 5 python:
    Saibotlieh.whale = True

Saibotlieh.whale # will return true, but after the file is gone, it will return no attribute

####### In game:
Saibotleih.whale = True # Will now return True if checked because it has been defined outside of the class

Saibotleih.whale = False # Will return False even if you change the class definition because it has been defined outside of the class

I assume it means renpy creates the objects and then applies changes to them from the save file which is quite helpfull when modding

But all this rambleing is trying to say you can just do:

Sunrider.selection_voice = files

without needing to make custom functions and stuff.
Does it? I tried to change the class first, but somehow it never translated into a change of the voices (even with the number in init python >5). I might have goofed something up there. Well, it seems to work fine this way, might have a look into this again if problems come up.
About accessing an outside RPA, I think its doable but it would also need a direct path which might change with steam/dempasoft so may not be the best thing. You could always ask Samu if he minds you makeing the files publicly available and just zip them to drop in the game folder.
Yeah, was thinking about putting the variable for the path at the top of the script and make people change it manually. That would make it unnecessary to have files double on the harddrive.
F**k you.
Harsh, but I can understand where you are coming from. I like the English voices also better, but that might be because I come from the MoA-to-LD side, while people from the LD-to-MoA side might like it better the other way round, since for them the characters are now, well, characterised by the Japanese voices.

Also I wanted to see if I am able to do this.

From my (modder) point of view it would have been best to have combat voices only for LD as well. While a full voice-over is nice, it also makes the game much less accessible for changes after the release. Any kind of story-mod will not fit as well into LD as it could into MoA, since the voices will be missing. Also even if Samu would like to change some parts of the story for V2 now, it will be more complicated than it would have been otherwise. But choices have been made and we will have to live with it.

One other thing I am severely missing by the way is the shipmap. Not only because it makes adding story-mods easier, it also worked as kind of a place to sort things between missions. For example, the research is now done during the story (or shortly before each mission), which feels much less inclusive than in MoA.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 07:04:05 pm »
One other thing I am severely missing by the way is the shipmap. Not only because it makes adding story-mods easier, it also worked as kind of a place to sort things between missions. For example, the research is now done during the story (or shortly before each mission), which feels much less inclusive than in MoA.

Fortunately V2 is also putting that back in ;D. I agree with the VO getting in the way of modding (although the Japanese voices sound weirdly high and annoying to me so I turn them off myself).

It would be nice to have the galaxy map back now the ship map is coming in, that would be relatively easy to mod in though, now that there is a central hub again and we don't need to re-wire every single section.

Offline Shirley

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 09:06:19 pm »
F**k you.

That is probably the most useless post I've seen you make. I don't like the Japanese voices either but I'm sure other people will and this will be awesome for them.

Not really. I've made much more useless posts that you've seen but don't remember. As well, I know this is awesome for others. What's wrong with expressing my dislike of it? I still gave him props for doing a great job with the mod. I just don't like what the mod does personally.

F**k you.
Harsh, but I can understand where you are coming from. I like the English voices also better, but that might be because I come from the MoA-to-LD side, while people from the LD-to-MoA side might like it better the other way round, since for them the characters are now, well, characterised by the Japanese voices.

Also I wanted to see if I am able to do this.

From my (modder) point of view it would have been best to have combat voices only for LD as well. While a full voice-over is nice, it also makes the game much less accessible for changes after the release. Any kind of story-mod will not fit as well into LD as it could into MoA, since the voices will be missing. Also even if Samu would like to change some parts of the story for V2 now, it will be more complicated than it would have been otherwise. But choices have been made and we will have to live with it.

Amazing. Props to you!

I saw where you were coming from and saw why you chose to do it the other way. Again, I support your mod creation and the stuff you did with coding. It's great, and you learned things from it.

Yeah, a lot of the changes prevent modding like before...we can add ships and whatnot, but changing story is not an option anymore, as well as someone modding a romance feature into the game...
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 12:29:27 am »
Inaho is deceived as his taunt didn't work

well that aside i'm not sure since i've not heard the japaness voice long enought but i'm generally more leaning toward japaness voice than english and french's one
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 07:21:25 pm »
hum...i've just readed the desc....so basically if i don't have liberation day i can't get the japaness voice for Moa? XD that's problematics.... or i didn't understood corectly the instruction

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 09:45:37 am »
hum...i've just readed the desc....so basically if i don't have liberation day i can't get the japaness voice for Moa? XD that's problematics.... or i didn't understood corectly the instruction
Sorry for the late answer and yes, you need LD for this mod. I unfortunately cannot include the voice files here, since LD is a commercial product.

Offline Inaho Rowe

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 05:14:10 pm »
i see, thx for the answer........well.... shit XD