Author Topic: How do YOU think a new romance would work? Feedback on Romances post-LibDay  (Read 696 times)

Offline SharrOfRyuvia

This is more to provide something constructive for Samu-Kun to look at if he decides to persist in not making the "railroad romance" in LibDay optional. (posted here as well as on the new forums). Naturally, there are SPOILERS ahead;

Spoiler
If we do in fact get the option to pick a different waifu in future installments of Sunrider... how do you - the fans/players/ect - expect Kayto to rationalize entering another relationship after what happened with Chigara? How would he look back on it entering a new relationship? Would he see what happened with Chigara as a fling? A rebound to finally forget Ava? A complete mistake? Would it be a memory he still treasures or would he feel depressed? Would he feel it was real at the time or would there be any guilt at the idea that he might have just been stringing a poor innocent girl along by the heartstrings just for his own happiness? Would he even be able to really get into another relationship for fear of just leading somebody on with something that may not have even been real? Would he see himself as inhumane for having been with Chigara like that only to now be trying to get with someone else?

And how do you think it would affect trying to be with someone else - what would the other girls think? Would they feel awkward thinking of poor Chigara having been in love with Kayto all that time only to now be the one with him instead? Would they feel sickened? Upset? Unsure? Would they wonder if what was between the two had ever even been real and if anything they get into would be real? Would they question how much Kayto cares about them if he can really just go into another relationship after (what I assume to be) a few short months? Or would Kayto be the one that isolates himself so much that they pry him out of it as he gets closer to them - would THEY be the ones to convince him it's safe for others to love him and vice-versa?

If Samu-Kun isn't going to change what happened in LibDay regarding that forced romance - and because I for one sure as hell can't figure out personally how future romances will work if that stays as is - how about you the community pitch in and work together to give him and the staff tips on how he COULD make it work? Or at the very least educate me on how it would :D . Because, contrary to what some (like I assume vaendryl) may believe, I do in fact understand the idea behind having a main character who is fallible, human and majorly screws the pooch/gets into something that really complicates how he moves forward with his life and how he interacts with others, even if I don't agree with not giving any agency to how that something plays out before or during the fact.

So have at it - discuss how YOU think the complication of his tragic failed romance with Chigara would or wouldn't affect Kayto having a relationship with the other waifus. Given my not knowing how that would work/how trying another romance with a Kayto who WAS in a relationship with Chigara would work, I'll stick to an observer role for this discussion for the time being. In fact I doubt I'll ever comment on the ideas posted - you know, seeing as, again, I can't think of how it would work; that's gonna be your job  8-) .

Offline Geocorn

My short answer is it wouldn't. The plot points in LD fall apart without her. Looks like in LD we might be given choices though when it's completed so that's something.