Author Topic: Bloody Chronicles (Successfully Funded on Kickstarter!)  (Read 28649 times)

Offline Geocorn

Bloody Chronicles (Successfully Funded on Kickstarter!)
« on: March 22, 2016, 04:05:06 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/igrasilstudio/bloody-chronicles-visual-novel/description
I'm hesitant to support these kinds of things given their track record, but the fact that they have a working demo at least puts them in a better position. Personally, I'd rather risk being a baka rather than being a backer, but I thought it looked like something some of you on here might be interested in so I thought I'd share.

Now that the kickstarter campaign has been successful, I'm editing this first post to make stuff easier for people to find on the thread:
The VN's website: http://bloodychronicles.com/
THE VN's Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/455310/Bloody_Chronicles__New_Cycle_of_Death/
Bloody Chronicles Store
Posted by Igrasil Studio (Creator)
Ohayo (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Did you miss me?
Many users asked us about additional option of upgrading tiers or buying single item from tier what why we decide to open our official store at:
http://store.igrasilstudio.com/
Please note that we will use money from store to reach next STRETCH GOALS like

We will add tracer of STRETCH GOALS in next weekly update ╭( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑
@Kaoru
Currently, their first stretch goal has been met which will be the inclusion of everybody's favorite, a beach minisode!
Purchases from their store will contribute to further stretch goals, the next one being full English VAs.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 04:59:28 pm by Geocorn »

Offline Douman

Re: Bloody Chronicles (Kickstarter)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 02:53:47 am »
Another kickstarter attempt to make VN?  :-\

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 07:36:01 pm »
There's ALWAYS several VN Kickstarters going on at any given time. I shared this one because they actually had a demo which is a lot further than most of them offer. Still though, I'm not going to back it. I just don't feel comfortable with crowd-funding especially a new studio. But, these forums wouldn't exist if everybody felt the way I do :)

Offline IgrasilStudio - Kaoru

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 09:19:06 pm »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/igrasilstudio/bloody-chronicles-visual-novel/description
I'm hesitant to support these kinds of things given their track record, but the fact that they have a working demo at least puts them in a better position. Personally, I'd rather risk being a baka rather than being a backer, but I thought it looked like something some of you on here might be interested in so I thought I'd share.
Thank you for writing about us ^^ emm...why you want to be baka that backer

Offline Marx-93

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 11:34:21 pm »

First, it's a pleasure to see the someone from the dev team itself come here. Always a nice surprise.

On his doubts, well, while Kickstarter is certainly a very good platform there has always been lost of problems with its projects. In this same forum, while Sunrider is going well (though with a change in the direction of the project and complications) and Rising Angels too, Sierra Ops and My Little dictator (the first funded through IndieGoGo and the second through Kickstarter itself) have faced with very extensive delays (almost +2 years) and a very big number of problems. While we have faith the end result will be worth the delay, it's not a pleasant situation. It's even worse with kickstarters like WAS and Dysfunctional Systems that were outright cancelled.

So, pledging is always a risk. In this particular case, there seems to have been a lot of work in this KS, with both art, music and voices. However, details on the plot are very sparse and considering how cliché the initial premise sounds (super-special group solves super-special murder) and the fairly high ambitions (80+ hours in total, non-lineal, etc), being cautious is reasonable.
Why can only the evil have empires, power and majestic theme music? I reclaim the possibility of creating the Federal-democratic-free Empire! A (democratic) tyranny fueled by the Power of Love!

Started writing. You can check it out here: Home

Offline Douman

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 05:29:19 am »

Cuz another dat western VN kickstarter.

Though there is one nice waifu i suppose...

Offline Pal

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 05:54:06 am »
Well, I do hope things work out, seems interesting enough.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 03:27:30 am »

Cuz another dat western VN kickstarter.

Though there is one nice waifu i suppose...
dat Western VN? that mean..you thinking of us as US people? Emm..Igrasil Studio is part of MidandiJapan and our Studio based in Japan....so why Western? What that mean?

Offline Pal

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 07:23:07 pm »
I'm not sure what he means either, but it might have something to do with being on ks. As far as I know, most vns showing up there are English/western originals. So that might be contributing to the confusion.

And if I'm wrong, just ignore me rather than let what I say add to the above confusion.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 03:41:41 am »

First, it's a pleasure to see the someone from the dev team itself come here. Always a nice surprise.

On his doubts, well, while Kickstarter is certainly a very good platform there has always been lost of problems with its projects. In this same forum, while Sunrider is going well (though with a change in the direction of the project and complications) and Rising Angels too, Sierra Ops and My Little dictator (the first funded through IndieGoGo and the second through Kickstarter itself) have faced with very extensive delays (almost +2 years) and a very big number of problems. While we have faith the end result will be worth the delay, it's not a pleasant situation. It's even worse with kickstarters like WAS and Dysfunctional Systems that were outright cancelled.

So, pledging is always a risk. In this particular case, there seems to have been a lot of work in this KS, with both art, music and voices. However, details on the plot are very sparse and considering how cliché the initial premise sounds (super-special group solves super-special murder) and the fairly high ambitions (80+ hours in total, non-lineal, etc), being cautious is reasonable.
I see....and I understand your worries...I don't know how much words written here can build trust in us or in our project but to be honest we spend all 2 years building story line for our game. First Act 1 will have about +20 hrs, whole Saga (Act.1 New Cycle of Death, Act.2 Revenge, Act.3 Last Order) should have about +80 hrs of game play.
After showing all details to MidandiJapan you should know them from Libra, they decide to pick us and help in our debut. So we don't want disappoint our fellow from Japan and our fans and the people who helped us.

-Sorry for all mistakes, our translator guy from US is away so I didn't have anyone who can correct my text ^^" forgive me-

Updated: March 26, 2016, 03:42:35 am
Well, I do hope things work out, seems interesting enough.
Thank you ^^

Updated: March 26, 2016, 03:46:10 am
I'm not sure what he means either, but it might have something to do with being on ks. As far as I know, most vns showing up there are English/western originals. So that might be contributing to the confusion.

And if I'm wrong, just ignore me rather than let what I say add to the above confusion.

Ohh....I get it now...Well...Bloody Chronicles is developing in Japan written by us
Character design also with our artist plus one girl from Italy ^^
We have support from countries like US - translation and Polish - programming/website developing they are our friend

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:46:10 am by IgrasilStudio »

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:41 am »
Yes, I'd say Marx expressed my skepticism perfectly. Do not misunderstand me, I posted this because I think many people on here would be very interested in your project. As I said VNs come on kickstarter all the time, but yours stood out to me in a positive way. I'm still on the fence whether I will contribute financially to your success for the reasons Marx stated, but I was impressed enough by what I saw that I at least wanted to promote you to other people who enjoy the genre. As you've seen, this forum is centered around VNs that had been kickstarted, and this forum only exists because of people willing to take the financial risk. I just wanted to make clear in my initial post that while I was promoting your project, I hadn't contributed financially. It was about being transparent and not meant in anyway as an attack on your team.

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 06:06:34 am »
Yes, I'd say Marx expressed my skepticism perfectly. Do not misunderstand me, I posted this because I think many people on here would be very interested in your project. As I said VNs come on kickstarter all the time, but yours stood out to me in a positive way. I'm still on the fence whether I will contribute financially to your success for the reasons Marx stated, but I was impressed enough by what I saw that I at least wanted to promote you to other people who enjoy the genre. As you've seen, this forum is centered around VNs that had been kickstarted, and this forum only exists because of people willing to take the financial risk. I just wanted to make clear in my initial post that while I was promoting your project, I hadn't contributed financially. It was about being transparent and not meant in anyway as an attack on your team.
Thank you for those words <3 and don't worry we didn't take those words as attack or something like that, we just want to learn more about how people see us and how person thinks about us....as you may know that our first debut so we are really nervous...

And yes Marx help us a lot today ^^
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:11:40 am by IgrasilStudio - Kaoru »

Offline Pal

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:32 pm »
You're Japanese, you've got a leg up...a head start on vns from other counties, don't sweat it.

By the way, how did you find this...

*whistles and looks away innocently*

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 06:47:24 am »
You're Japanese, you've got a leg up...a head start on vns from other counties, don't sweat it.

By the way, how did you find this...

*whistles and looks away innocently*
You mean that website? Google Analytics ^^"

Offline Pal

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 10:40:37 pm »
Ah, I thought maybe someone betrayed the brotherhood accidentally let it slip somehow.

To clarify, I meant this website, the forum. >_>