Author Topic: [MoA & LD] Ceran Corvette  (Read 2474 times)

Offline saibotlieh

[MoA & LD] Ceran Corvette
« on: March 26, 2016, 09:00:42 pm »
This mod adds Ceran Corvettes as additional ships available in the store (like the Mining Union Frigate or the Alliance Cruiser). The corvette is armed with lasers, missiles and assault guns and offers additional flak. Not playtested so far, so might either make life too easy or be close to useless, buy on your own risk. :)

How to install:

For MoA:

- Download the "Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_MoA" zip file
- Unzip the zip files
- Put both the file "Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_MoA.rpy" file and the folder "Mod" into the "...\Sunrider\game" folder of your Sunrider installation

For LD:

- Download the "Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_LD" zip file
- Unzip the zip files
- Put both the file "Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_LD.rpy file" and the folder "Mod" into the "...\Sunrider Liberation Day\game" folder of your Sunrider LD installation

I have uploaded the SketchUp (skp) file of the ship as well in case somebody wants to tamper with the model a bit. I created it out of the Cera Gunboat model combined with some parts of the Sunrider model.

Of course anybody is welcome to use and/or modify these files to their liking.

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 11:08:36 pm by saibotlieh »

Offline Inaho Rowe

Re: Ceran Corvette
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:09:53 pm »
hum................ FIRST OF ALL
WOOOW OMG SWEAT MOTHER OF GOD AN FIRING ANIMATION?!!!!!!
then for what hell version is this? XD
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline Spart117MC

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:51:21 pm »
More ships! Yay!  ;D

I have to ask, what settings did you use to render the vette, because it looks a hell of a lot more like the vanilla renders than any I've done.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:00:58 pm »
hum................ FIRST OF ALL
WOOOW OMG SWEAT MOTHER OF GOD AN FIRING ANIMATION?!!!!!!
then for what hell version is this? XD
Making animations is a pain, but can be done. It is just a lot of trial and error (at least for me).

Also modified the title to make things clearer, sorry about that.
More ships! Yay!  ;D

I have to ask, what settings did you use to render the vette, because it looks a hell of a lot more like the vanilla renders than any I've done.
I used the Raylectron plugin, since it comes for free, and played around with the settings until it looked similar to the images of the Sunrider. In fact it was my first try at rendering, so I am sure the images could be improved still.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:47:54 am by saibotlieh »

Offline Inaho Rowe

Re: [MoA] Ceran Corvette
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:04:42 pm »
yaaaaaay it's for Moa ! at this rythm i won't even need to one day (maybe) do LD !!!! XD

oh and good job, really impressive
also i said about the animation because on of the whole thing that killed my hype for LD was the animation being pouffed
-a new world with new depth-
"graduated from ryder pilot and enginering course
finnaly got to pilot my own ryder
still an long way until being a captain of my future assault carrier or even a commender of a litle fregate.....but i'm on my way to the top."

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 10:18:26 pm »
yaaaaaay it's for Moa ! at this rythm i won't even need to one day (maybe) do LD !!!! XD

oh and good job, really impressive
also i said about the animation because on of the whole thing that killed my hype for LD was the animation being pouffed
Thanks.  :)

Also, for animations in LD, this steam mod might be of interest for you:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/358750/discussions/0/385428458174351465/

I haven't tested it so far though, so I do not know how well it works.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 06:49:26 am »
Heh Didn't even think to check if the animations file was removed in LD!

Looks fun, will give it a spin now I'm finally about to try the treasure map mission. If its any use, I have updated the ModFramework so it has LD style mission selection on the map. As there is no button on the ship for it, showing up in a different color when the mission is active might be helpful.

If you just want it to show up when its available (you don't need to use the dynamic mission code), you just need to do:

Code: [Select]
PLANET_NAME.missions.append(["Eval string","",""])
The name and label to jump is optional for if you use the dynamic mission screen.

You can set the color you want by changing PLANET_NAME.tint
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 12:00:09 pm »
Heh Didn't even think to check if the animations file was removed in LD!

Looks fun, will give it a spin now I'm finally about to try the treasure map mission. If its any use, I have updated the ModFramework so it has LD style mission selection on the map. As there is no button on the ship for it, showing up in a different color when the mission is active might be helpful.

If you just want it to show up when its available (you don't need to use the dynamic mission code), you just need to do:

Code: [Select]
PLANET_NAME.missions.append(["Eval string","",""])
The name and label to jump is optional for if you use the dynamic mission screen.

You can set the color you want by changing PLANET_NAME.tint
Sounds interesting, thanks. Have in fact not played V2.0 so far, only watched the new ending. I will have a look in that at some point.

Offline Void

Re: [MoA & LD] Ceran Corvette
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 07:24:10 am »
Do you know how to add Ceran battleships in LD? Would be great if you could, the one made by Spart117MC is for MoA & I don't know which to convert to make it work in LD.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 07:33:30 pm »
Do you know how to add Ceran battleships in LD? Would be great if you could, the one made by Spart117MC is for MoA & I don't know which to convert to make it work in LD.
Ships are defined as classes in Sunrider. If you look at my Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_LD.rpy file, you should be able to find the "class CeraCorvette(Battleship)" definition. You will just have to do something similar for the battleship.

Since LD does not use combat animations, the only graphic file you will need is the label for the map, defined in "self.blbl"

The other definitions are extras: "class CeraCorvetteLaser(Laser)", "class CeraCorvetteMissile(Missile)" and "class CeraCorvetteAssault(Kinetic)" define the weapons of the corvette, but you could also use already defined ones in the "self.default_weapon_list" of the ship class defintion. "class ContractCeraCorvette(StoreItem)" is for defining an entry for the shop, "store.mod_items.append(ContractCeraCorvette)" adds this entry actually to the shop so that the ship is available for buying.

Hope this helps. :)

Offline Void

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:49:16 pm »
Ships are defined as classes in Sunrider. If you look at my Mod_SL_Cera_Corvette_LD.rpy file, you should be able to find the "class CeraCorvette(Battleship)" definition. You will just have to do something similar for the battleship.

Since LD does not use combat animations, the only graphic file you will need is the label for the map, defined in "self.blbl"

The other definitions are extras: "class CeraCorvetteLaser(Laser)", "class CeraCorvetteMissile(Missile)" and "class CeraCorvetteAssault(Kinetic)" define the weapons of the corvette, but you could also use already defined ones in the "self.default_weapon_list" of the ship class defintion. "class ContractCeraCorvette(StoreItem)" is for defining an entry for the shop, "store.mod_items.append(ContractCeraCorvette)" adds this entry actually to the shop so that the ship is available for buying.

Hope this helps. :)

Well, that shouldn't be too hard then. Thanks for the info.

But I have a question, if I put it in the library file instead, would it work? There's the shop data there so I'd like to just compile it in one file for convenience.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 11:26:49 pm »

But I have a question, if I put it in the library file instead, would it work? There's the shop data there so I'd like to just compile it in one file for convenience.
As long as it is within a "init 2 python:" or higher it should be alright I guess.

Offline Void

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 10:55:21 am »

As long as it is within a "init 2 python:" or higher it should be alright I guess.

Thanks, I'll give it a try then.

Offline Neppi

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 12:29:17 pm »
Can I use the label for my own mod?  :D