Author Topic: BMU's Game Design and other Design stuff  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Shirley

BMU's Game Design and other Design stuff
« on: April 08, 2016, 02:59:06 am »
NEW STUFF! I made a War Room last semester in Level Design class. This one was more for environment building/population. you can DL the package and run with it. It's about 200mb and if you have issues, let me know.

Note: This is a single room. Nothing more to it. Just appreciate lighting and all the other stuff. I made torches, everything else was shared around class with others and we all made different war rooms. I can link the Artstation for it all too.

Note: Windows Only! I can create a Mac and Linux build, even HTML5....but for now, it's a win32 bit build.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-jSqFPs50egOFVxTFFCdlVpU00

Old when originally posted (A year ago surprisingly)
I'll just be posting things I create in here from now on. I'll update it with WIPS and games and stuff.

First one is an 8 bit 2D side scroller game that's small and basic but hey, that 8 bit art took a long time to make.

It's called

"The Doctor Saves the Daleks!"

Note: It will only work on Windows.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:06:01 am by Shirley »
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline Shirley

Re: BMU's Game Design and other Design stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:46:03 pm »
Okay so, here's the thing I submitted as a final for Game Design.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnic6gte5cclv9h/Karsai_Marc-Nightmare.zip?dl=0

It's a 2 level game, and it's an FPS.

AFTER YOU DEFEAT THE BOSS, THE GAME DOES NOT END

You have to close it...

Give it a try, let me know what you think.

Things I know I need to fix:

Aim is inconsistent.

No crosshairs

Lighting is pretty close to shit, but it's a horror game kinda is what I was doing but failed. You need a flashlight or something.

Walking sound is terrible.

Enemies have no sound.

All of that should be fixed by the 2nd build.

Things I did for Graphic Design that I don't mind sharing.

Btw, I have never submitted a PDF before so HERE WE GO!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:54:55 pm by BITE ME UNIVERSE »
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »
Yay! I defeated the boss!

It took me some time to figure out what I was supposed to do or how to get ammo. Speaking of ammo, it's difficult to keep count of how much ammo you have (I think each ammo "item" has 3 shots?). There are some blinking walls and floors, which is slightly annoying. Aiming and shooting is weird (I'm glad there's so much ammo around the boss :P), but the controls are nice, all in all. I also liked the lamp in the boss room. It was a nice touch. ;D

Offline Jynx

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:01:10 pm »
I tried to open the door to the last boss, but I couldn't (probably had to do something, but didn't really know how I should've done it XD)

Overall a nice project, I'd say. I found those issues you were mentioning, and I'll admit that the bullets I was shooting were kinda... Confusing. Also hard to keep track of how much ammo I had. But thanks for sharing~ And good luck for your future.

Lord Ignatz

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 07:08:03 pm »
I tried to open the door to the last boss, but I couldn't (probably had to do something, but didn't really know how I should've done it XD)

I had the same problem, but then found an item inside a room with school desks and glass walls and the door opened, so that's probably the key.

Offline Jynx

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 07:23:01 pm »

I had the same problem, but then found an item inside a room with school desks and glass walls and the door opened, so that's probably the key.

Ah! You're correct. I thought I had to defeat all enemies, but I always ran out of ammo before that. Well, now I finally completed it :D

Offline Shirley

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 08:03:33 am »
I'VE ADDED SOMETHING FUN KINDA! It's small and only one room but yeah, you'll get the idea. I had fun making it. I really should do more with it in the future.

NOTE: WINDOWS ONLY!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:05:04 am by Shirley »