Author Topic: [LibDay:2.02] First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius Port  (Read 2826 times)

Offline The Bigfoot

[LibDay:2.02] First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius Port
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:47:04 pm »
First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius
in
Liberation Day

This is a total port of First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius into LibDay, adding 21 battles and letting you play through the entirety of the three games seamlessly in a single playthrough, or start at the begining of any of the games.

The mod uses mostly the original images for the FA/MoA parts, the sprites are the same for example (as it is far beyond me to draw beach sprites) but wherever it could be done, the upgraded backgrounds are used.

Balance:

There is a difference in balance, especially with the new way CMD works in battles and stacking buffs. The Sunrider also starts with an extra two missiles and as money is not used to upgrade, then ships will upgrade slightly faster (~10%) because intel is not affected by repair costs.

To balance that, repair costs in LD are much steeper than in FA/MoA and it is possible you will go into negitive funds, especially in harder dificaultys. This means it's slightly harder to get consumables like rockets. Later in the game it is expected you will have too much money to spend, because again it is not being used up in research.

Modding:

It is easy to incorperate MoA story mods into the game with a little rewireing. The MoA missions set missionMoA*_completed and starting at any start point, sets these to True or False as needed.

You can set choices for the MoA questionire in the same way as the LD questionare but useing setoptions_MoA instead.

There are MoA versions of all ships as some LD ships are tougher than MoA ships, the rest are synonims and can be used interchangeably. The new versions have a _MoA suffix.

Bonus:

You can choose either to reset the Sunrider and upgrades for LibDay or you can cheat and keep the upgrades/ships you used in the previous parts by changeing line 18 of MoA in LD.rpy to False

Installation:
Extract the MoA folder from Here

From the mask of arcadius game folder, drop these folders into the Liberation Day/Game/MoA folder:
  • Background
  • Battle UI
  • cg
  • Character
  • gameplay
  • Map
  • Menu
  • Music
  • sound
  • Space
  • Transitions

Unfortunatly they are too big to googledrive

Edit: Bugs Fixed (22-4-16)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:33:58 pm by The Bigfoot »
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Duke Rockhopper

Re: [LibDay:2.02] First Arrival and Mask of Arcadius Port
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 09:14:52 am »
Well now, this DOES look like fun. Maybe I'll have a look at it soon~ :D

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Jynx

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:30:10 pm »
It's awesome, honestly :D Next time I'm replaying the trilogy, going to install it.

Offline Void

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:01:48 am »
Nice work!

But, hmm... any way to incorporate the new sprites into this mod?
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 05:09:44 pm »

Mm would be fairly easy... except with the beach scene which I thought would be jarring to suddenly step backwards at. Will put that in as an option when the bugs are ironed out, Blackhead is testing it on the new forums and found a few problems that didden't pop up on mine.

Do you think it would be too jarring to introduce the new sprites after that scene? another possibility is to optionally skip the beach scene and use new sprites throughout. (as it is really the weak point in MoA)

Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Void

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 05:31:35 pm »

Mm would be fairly easy... except with the beach scene which I thought would be jarring to suddenly step backwards at. Will put that in as an option when the bugs are ironed out, Blackhead is testing it on the new forums and found a few problems that didden't pop up on mine.

Do you think it would be too jarring to introduce the new sprites after that scene? another possibility is to optionally skip the beach scene and use new sprites throughout. (as it is really the weak point in MoA)

I think you can give an option to skip the beach scene, or better yet, skip it all together. That beach episode was stupid in the first place tbh, that's my honest opinion anyways.

And new sprites are better, if you can incorporate them starting from the beginning, that would be great. It'll be a complete trilogy title in 1 game.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 05:48:05 pm »
And new sprites are better, if you can incorporate them starting from the beginning, that would be great. It'll be a complete trilogy title in 1 game.

I'm waiting for Vaen to incorperate what I've done of the modframework into the base LD game, when thats done and I've re-wired the mod for it a bit I'll put it in as an option with skipping the beach scene. The relaxed exposition is nice and it was a change of pace... but it did seem jarring so I can see why people would be happy enough to skip it.

Offline Void

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »

I'm waiting for Vaen to incorperate what I've done of the modframework into the base LD game, when thats done and I've re-wired the mod for it a bit I'll put it in as an option with skipping the beach scene. The relaxed exposition is nice and it was a change of pace... but it did seem jarring so I can see why people would be happy enough to skip it.

Good to know. That beach episode was a disappointment for me tbh. I guess it was a bit of a refreshing change of pace, but there was just several things wrong with it. :P

I'll look forward to the newest update. Btw, is the combat system using the new one for all or does the MoA one still use the old animation system?

The new battle animation would considerably reduce lag. My old mod for MoA did reduce lag, but it seems the animation itself was heavy.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 06:52:57 pm »
It's the new combat system, includeing the multiple orders and such, it means the end game can get crazy with sola 1shotting pairs of battleships with stacked buffs, so balance is slightly off, but it's mostly balanced for by the much higher repair cost of LD which means delayed shields and rockets. Before I realised all the enemies were stronger in LD than MoA and adjusted them, I was running at -2000 credits at one point!

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 07:46:30 pm »
the cap on command points would really have changed up my strategy in LD/MoA where I basically barely used any at all until near the end then hit the Legion with the Vanguard on each turn

Offline Void

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »
Perhaps it's time I make a new mod...

Wonder if I can still use the UI from the old mod, I need them for the colored HP bar. Other than that, perhaps a new stat re-adjustment for all units if necessary.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 08:03:05 pm »
the cap on command points would really have changed up my strategy in LD/MoA where I basically barely used any at all until near the end then hit the Legion with the Vanguard on each turn

;D Metagameing isn't so usefull now

Offline gghdsdds

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 03:11:31 pm »
I've followed the instructions to install the mod, but I keep getting an error and the game won't start.

While parsing D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day/game/MoA/MoA in LD.rpy.
ScriptError: Name u'Start_FA' is defined twice, at game/MoA in LD.rpy:310 and game/MoA/MoA in LD.rpy:310.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 281, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\main.py", line 351, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\script.py", line 259, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\script.py", line 738, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
  File "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\script.py", line 414, in finish_load
    bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name u'Start_FA' is defined twice, at game/MoA in LD.rpy:310 and game/MoA/MoA in LD.rpy:310.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 05:31:14 pm »
Ah forgot to update this forum's version of the mod! Am now purely useing googledrive because its so simple to keep things updated. If you still have the modframework rpy/rpyc files in there you should delete them as they are now part of the sunrider core files.

This is the link for the other forum thread, its more active: link

And the Googledrive path: link

Let me know how it goes!

Offline Bionerd

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 02:58:41 am »
Getting in error at the beginning of the first mission in MoA (started in first arrival). I believe I followed the setup instructions correctly but possibly there have been updates since it has been awhile since this mod was posted? Anyways, full traceback is below. The error occurs after showing the bridge right before Ava is first shown on the bridge.

Let me know if there is anything else that would be helpful.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3799, in script
    $dshow("ava handonhip neutral neutral angry")
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3799, in <module>
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 1430, in dshow
    renpy.with_statement(t)
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3799, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\ast.py", line 805, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\python.py", line 1461, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3799, in <module>
  File "game/functions.rpy", line 1430, in dshow
    renpy.with_statement(t)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\exports.py", line 1356, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\core.py", line 1989, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\core.py", line 2424, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\core.py", line 2765, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\core.py", line 1849, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 394, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6190)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2721)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\transition.py", line 363, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3104)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 650, in render
  File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 104, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:1905)
    cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 282, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 282, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1156, in render
    self.update(st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1143, in update
    child, redraw = self.function(st, at, *self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1206, in condition_switch_show
    return condition_switch_pick(switch), None
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sunrider Liberation Day\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1203, in condition_switch_pick
    raise Exception("Switch could not choose a displayable.")
Exception: Switch could not choose a displayable.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.8.959
Release 3.01