Author Topic: Background Artwork  (Read 3664 times)

Offline DesertFox

Background Artwork
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:45 pm »
This game uses a mixture of bought background artwork packs and original backgrounds, so I'm gonna post some of the originals here, which are being designed by a chap by the name of Badriel.

First off, here's an earlier preview version of the Reichstag that he created. The final version is in high res and contains more detailing on the grass/sky/lighting/textures, but I thought I'd show off what this guy can do.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

Re: Background Artwork
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:47 pm »
Badriel sounds like the name of an angel. I like that. On the artwork, I like that too. It's pretty pretty. Very nice work. I like the sword symbol on those things that have the sword symbol. The windows are also nice. I've always had a thing for cool looking windows in stone buildings. Not a big thing, but enough of one to appreciate them.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 11:06:53 pm »
which are being designed by a chap by the name of Badriel.

are you sure? I'm looking at that picture and I just keep thinking we'll never know for sure who made it.
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
latest version: 7.2
RTFW
Mark 5:9

Offline Endershadow

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:37:27 am »

are you sure? I'm looking at that picture and I just keep thinking we'll never know for sure who made it.

I know, the artist didn't even sign it.

Please be careful not to fall into any holes in reality caused by my reality hole generator. If you do fall in though, I can assure you that there will be no adverse side effects except for the following: instantaneous mutation, loss of 1 or more vital organs, turning into banana pudding, amnesia, loss/growth of 1 or more limbs, additional vital organs, loss of DNA, insanity, hallucinations, destruction of the fabric of space and time, redundancy, redundancy, a craving for apples, the ability to see shinigami, for females: an erection lasting more than 4 hours, for males: extremely painful menstrual cramps, testicular inversion, gender swapping, the urge to watch my little pony, and/or death

Offline Oreo_Blue

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:42:01 am »

I know, the artist didn't even sign it.

Some artists put their sign on the back of their artwork, and what's shown here is the front part.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:26:06 am »
I think it looks pretty

(Nobody else has complemented it yet... (except Elvis))

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:52:28 pm »
Gorchnik likes the building.  The banners could use a little more......flair?  Simple is good but those are too simple.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 08:35:16 pm »
Gorchnik likes the building.  The banners could use a little more......flair?  Simple is good but those are too simple.

I like the simple banners. gives a 'no nonsense to the point' feeling.
huehue
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Lord Gorchnik

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 03:19:52 am »
No no no you have it all wrong.  Gorchnik needs to see chain-gun wielding zombie dictators on the banners standing over a multitude of bodies while eating the flesh of......

Oh wait wrong game, sorry.

Offline DesertFox

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:31 pm »
Image showing Badriel's progress on a snowy battlefield image. For this, he researched appropriate tank designs to fit the location and era. Here we see tanks based on Stridsvagn L-60's and Panzer III's designs.
DesertFox
WarGirl Games

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 07:56:39 pm »
I like the progression in the set, and the final product looks really nice. If I had to pick, I think I'd say the background section, with the hills and woodlands, would be my favorite part of the image.

Offline Vaendryl

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:31:00 pm »
looks cool! thanks for sharing :D
(╯░□░)╯︵ uoıʇdǝɔxǝ
RTFW

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:14 pm »
Being such a pleb, I don't know how much to appreciate that step by step artwork. I think the final background looks quite cool. Everyone's heard of Panzer IIIs but I'm not as familiar with the Russian ones. After reading about them on the wikipedia page, I smurked at the references including world of tanks. Not something to laugh at really since they are such tank nerds over their, they would be chased around a field with rotten fruit being thrown at them if they ever so much as messed up the number of track pieces on their tanks.

Anyway, turns out that theyre Swedish, not Russian so I might forgive myself for not having heard of them. That means your scene is of a conflict in north Europe, not Russia. Guessing somewhere where Sweden was doing something though they didn't feature too much in the WW2 since they remained neutral.

Thats all in our world anyway. In the land of MLD, Sweden might have done something stupid and gotten targeted by Germany. The only really engagements they had in ours was with Russia

Offline Elvis Strunk

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »
Honestly, I doubt Hitora would need much of an excuse to attack someone, so I could see combat between Germany and Sweden breaking out pretty easily in MLD.

Offline Ledabot

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 10:57:06 pm »
I think it's funny that They left Sweden alone along with the other 7 neutral countries and attacked Russia. But then, she is such a bully.