Author Topic: [LD] How to Mod LD???  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Void

[LD] How to Mod LD???
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:03:37 am »
Okay, so here's my question. Before on MoA the modding was rather simple, because I can see the images folder & put it in there.

Now in LD, I don't see any of that. I do see this archive.rpa thingy, but I have no idea how to get the images from inside nor do I know how to repack it once it's done.

Anyone here can help me? I'm stuck. :(
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline The Bigfoot

Re: [LD] How to Mod LD???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 07:43:35 am »
Those files are tucked away in the game/archive.rpa, probably to tidy it up a bit

You can use the rpa extractor here to see them, and if you make the same folders in the game directory, then it will use them and the folders hidden in the rpa as the same folder.

Of course the rpy files are still in their normal places

There will be a bit of a change with them going into [re]turn because Vaendryl is incorperateing the LD mod framework and skirmish, but nothing to the extent of the MoA framework which made our stuff incompatible.
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Void

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 08:18:39 am »
Those files are tucked away in the game/archive.rpa, probably to tidy it up a bit

You can use the rpa extractor here to see them, and if you make the same folders in the game directory, then it will use them and the folders hidden in the rpa as the same folder.

Of course the rpy files are still in their normal places

There will be a bit of a change with them going into [re]turn because Vaendryl is incorperateing the LD mod framework and skirmish, but nothing to the extent of the MoA framework which made our stuff incompatible.

Well well, that's quite convenient.

So if I make the same folder, the game will use those as well? If that's the case then I can put in my mod there.
The only way to truly hurt a man, is to take everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it everyday of his life. But by doing this, you also create a monster, and you will regret ever harming that man, because he will be your greatest horror.

Offline The Bigfoot

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:34 am »
I haven't actually tried it but the game files are refered internally as at those folders (look at the image location picker in the dev menu), and as there are no folders there, I cant see why you cant...
I make spaceships! - http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1366.0
Massive Modding tutorial here: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1251.0
New Award: John Titor [Sep 17, 2015, 10:16:07 PM]:   BigFoot is the official Evil Genius fro mteh forum

Offline Void

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 10:11:19 am »
I haven't actually tried it but the game files are refered internally as at those folders (look at the image location picker in the dev menu), and as there are no folders there, I cant see why you cant...

Maybe I could give it a try...

Need to dig up my old mods to apply the codes again, been a long time since I touched them lol

Updated: May 22, 2016, 11:27:27 am
Oookay... so I know how to extract the rpa file...

Now how the hell do I repack it!? <_<
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:27:27 am by Void »

Offline saibotlieh

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 07:36:39 pm »
There should be no need to repack the files, just make sure that the additional folders and files are in the "...Sunrider Liberation Day\game" folder.

Offline Void

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 08:42:42 pm »
There should be no need to repack the files, just make sure that the additional folders and files are in the "...Sunrider Liberation Day\game" folder.

Yeah I just noticed after I tried it out lol. Thanks for the info. Got my mods working again now, looks better than before now that I don't have to touch the AI like the busted one in MoA lol.

The max range & max upgrade limit feature also made things a lot easier now. Back then I had to put in the codes manually, which is a pain in the ass.