Poll

Who should Lelouch be paired with in this story?

Sola vi Ryuvia
0 (0%)
Asaga di Ryuvia
0 (0%)
Chigara Lynn Ashada
0 (0%)
Ava Crescentia
0 (0%)
Icari Isidolde
0 (0%)
Kryska Stares
0 (0%)
Claude Triello
0 (0%)
Maray Shields
0 (0%)
Alice
0 (0%)
Alpha Prototype
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 21, 2016, 06:18:26 pm

Author Topic: Sunrider: Mask of Zero (Code Geass and Sunrider crossover fanfic) "Ch4 up"  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Sephiroth12285

Well this was the story that led deathzealotzero to introduce me to this site and the older version is up on fanfiction.net awaiting its new chapters that scraps most of what I did for the new stuff which you guys get to see first before it goes up on fanfiction.net since I need to do five whole chapters before I can replace the previous four chapters.

I would also like to thank fanfiction authors draconichero21 and Grey Wolf4 for the help with some of the ideas and being the only guys I knew who played Sunrider besides me at the time lol.

The first chapter is ready to go and the second chapter is about 90% done at the time of this post I have just been trying to fine tune it as much as possible, especially since its the chapter that introduces Ava and Kayto because I am usually nervous when working with characters from a series for the first time in a fanfic.

Summary: It has been years since the Demonic Emperor Lelouch had been slain by Zero with a small few aware of the true events that led to his demise, but now Lelouch finds himself alive again. Drawn into a conflict much larger and dangerous than he could have imagined, but even the man said to create miracles will need new allies and they are the Sunrider crew to face a dangerous new enemy.

Basically Lelouch is brought back Mass Effect style into the Sunrider universe over a hundred years after he died thanks in part to C.C. who has made some new friends along with Jeremiah and Lloyd who have survived the long years due to the latter converting himself into a cyborg, but there are two others from CG still around who will be revealed in chapter two. The story begins nine years before events of Sunrider which should be enough time for Lelouch to adapt and get use to his new surroundings, but the biggest challenge will be getting him to take up the mask one more time.

Some of my biggest difficulties with the fic has been a lack of knowledge on universe and what was really going on during that time so I tried to do the best with what I had to work with so suggestions and tips on improvement are welcomed. But after chapter two or three (depending if I can produce enough material for it) I will move forward nine years to the present.

Pairings for Kayto and Lelouch will depend on how the story plays out, although I am leaning towards Kayto/Ava and Lelouch/Icari I am leaving myself open to better choices if they serve the story better.

Bare with me on my writing skill/style I am trying to get better and some characters you might notice some I created for the story based off of another characters from another series mostly because I am nervous about using OOCs.

So here we go...

Chapter 1
The Demon Resurrected
(Galactic Year: 494)

Hidden in deep space aboard a space station within an asteroid belt an experiment unlike anything seen before was taking place. Inside the interior of the station a pair of men were observing an operation taking place. The interior of the main lab was a marvel to behold as it held everything a scientist could ever dream to have such as the one the doctors and surgeons working in sterilized room before them. Everything within the lab was state of the art and was latest in biomedical, biomechanical, genetic, neural reconstruction and more was contained within both the lab and the space station.

The men were observing an operation in which cybernetic implants were being grafted onto the skeletal structure of the subject they were working on. The operation was to use a combination of cybernetics implanted onto the skeleton to provide reinforcement and restore parts that had been damaged because of the state of minor decay the body has been in. A number of different biochemicals were also being introduced to strengthen the bones along with the introduction of a synthetic skeletal lattice to provide further reinforcement.

The subject was dead, but this project sought to do the impossible and bring him back to life.

Anyone else might have laughed at the idea of bringing the dead back to life, but nearly unlimited resources with the amassment of both the highest and most advance technology to date and the finest in their fields were gathered onto this space station for the single goal of resurrecting the man the doctors were working to revive.

But first they needed to repair the damage his death had brought about.

Stage one was restoring and reinforcing his skeletal structure while this process using chemical injections and cloned organs to replace the damaged ones. The body was beginning to show signs of life once more, but their greatest challenge was to restore neurological activity to the brain.  Slowly, but surely progress was being made. A solution of biochemicals and blood harvested from a brain dead clone was being used to restart functionality of the internal organs and blood flow. The introduction of nanomachines into his body to further the repair and restoration process as well as ensure successful integration of the cybernetics that lined parts of his skeleton.

“How has the project been proceeding?” A man with a beard asked while keeping his arms folded behind his back.

“Despite some complications his internal organs have begun functioning once more. We did replace organs around the wound that killed him when we couldn’t repair the damage completely with the organs from the clone we harvested.” The lead researcher explained while checking some data on a small computer device he drew out of his pocket.

“How close are we to reviving him?”

“We’re close sir, although restoring the body is proving easier than we thought but the mind is still open to question.”
Pressing some commands on his portable device he began to show the older gentleman a holographic display of the subject’s internal organs and life signs.

“We have been keeping his body in-between operations in a medical capsule of a nanomachines filled biochemical solution to help with the restoration and revitalization of skin cells, but so far no signs of the brain coming back to life.” The researcher admitted worrying. 

“We have invested three years and billions into this project, so I hope that will change.”

“You have the very best the alliance has to offer sir. We got his body to start working again, so we’ll get his brain up and running.” The lead scientist replied. “Project Pandora’s Box will be a success.”

Inside the operating room just as the doctors finished their work and closed up the wounds. Something unexpected happened as neurological activity was being detected. The subject a black-haired young man who was eighteen years of age was beginning to stir much to the shock of the doctors. The lead researcher and the old man who were witnessing this couldn’t believe their eyes.

“N-N-Nunnally…” The young man muttered as he opened his eyes revealing amethyst eyes, but soon they were eclipsed by red glowing sigils in the form of a phoenix taking flight.

“QUICK PUT HIM UNDER!!!” The lead research quickly shouted his order through an intercom built into the wall near the glass observation panel.

The doctors acted quickly putting the subject who had remarkably come back to life into a deep slumber with a quick injection. Even so his premature awakening nearly compromised everything as his vitals and neurological activity was becoming dangerously erratic.

“That was close, but I didn’t think he would regain neurological activity so suddenly?”

“Are his life signs stable?”

“Yes sir…everything is in the green. Even through his brain has resumed all normal function suddenly we’ll still need to perform some work on him to complete the restoration process, but all of his internal organs and body functions have been restored. It’s like he never died.”

“Good…keep him alive and I’ll return in a few weeks, but that aside congratulations are in order doctor.”

“Thank you sir.” The lead researcher said before the old man left the observation room.   

The old man smiled as he was pleased the project had worked successfully, although it succeeded sooner than expected, but he didn’t complain. More importantly the young man being brought back to life with his mind and body functioning once more his power that allowed him to bring the entire world to its knees in under two years had also been restored with him. As the older gentleman boarded the shuttle to leave the station he quickly settled into his seat before deciding on what would come next once the final touches had been done to fully restore the young man to life.

“He’s far from ready, but the rest of the alliance needs to be kept in the dark about his abilities.” The old man thought.
Project Pandora’s Box was conceived when a new world found in the unexplored region near the neutral rim presented a being he could use to bring order and peace to the galaxy. When the Solar Alliance first approached their world hoping to include it into the alliance, but as ambassadors met with the various leaders of the planet Earth a small faction communicated with him in private during talks of the possibility of Earth joining the alliance.

They presented him with the body of a young man who could very well change the galaxy, but it wasn’t only because of his tactical and strategic prowess but the fact he possessed a power more formidable than any technologically advance super weapon he had ever seen. He almost didn’t believe their claims until he observed video footage of unusual incidents from which people had undergone an almost drastic change of character to describe it.

Admiral Harold Grey had seen many things in his time, but the power to compel absolute obedience was nothing short of amazing.

The people on their world didn’t know that their peace came at the price of that young man’s life. The same young man who became Emperor through that power which brought a entire world under his tyrannical rule before he was, without warning, assassinated two months later after achieving complete conquest over the world called Earth. Fewer knew the fact that it was all part of an elaborate plan to achieve world peace with all of the world’s hatred focused upon him. He was in fact the original identity of the heroic man known as Zero who united most of the world against a tyrannical empire before mysteriously vanishing during a major battle.

Then he miraculously reappeared and assassinated the Demonic Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia. 

No one knew that Zero and Lelouch vi Britannia had been one and the same. They didn’t know it was all an elaborate plan to unify the world through a grand deception very few saw coming.

After his demise his body was taken by those who knew the truth and sought to preserve it so they could study his power and possibility reproduce that power called Geass, although the old admiral suspected there was another reason. Sadly all of their efforts were for naught, but when the Solar Alliance made contact with Earth the researchers behind the shady project thought they could do something with Lelouch vi Britannia’s corpse. They were already having trouble trying to keep their possession of it, which impeded their research.

Admiral Grey almost refused at first.  However upon seeing what the young man with his power was capable of he relented and accepted the corpse.

But instead of attempting to reproduce his power, which was clearly impossible with his body dead he decided to try for the impossible and bring him back from the dead. He knew there was some research done on the subject, but no one had been willing to put forth the funding and resources for such a project for various reasons which were because of morals or what the consequences of perfecting and unleashing such technology upon the galaxy would do.

The admiral called in some favors and got together the resources and the people to create Project Pandora’s Box with the goal of resurrecting Lelouch vi Britannia for the sole purpose of using his Geass and his abilities as a battlefield commander to combat a growing threat in the galaxy. It took him some time to assemble it all, but due to circumstances in the galaxy beginning to change he found others to aid him. 

“I am thankful the project was successful, because trying to keep it hidden from certain parties were becoming more troublesome than it was worth.”  The Admiral mused as his shuttle departed the station.

Despite all of the favors and people who were in high positions throughout the alliance he called to aid him with this project he was finding it increasingly difficult to keep it hidden from not only the Solar Congress, but from various Political Interests Groups. Its military might have been formidable, but the problem was that the political parties controlling the elections has allowed for not only a string of weak presidents who sought to fulfill their own petty interests. Thus they were ignoring a growing threat beyond their boarders which was a threat to not only the safety of the Solar Alliance, but to the galaxy as whole.

“Something must be done.”

Admiral Grey had feared that Compact, which has been reform reorganized into PACT (People’s Alliance for Common Treatment) following their successful sacking of New Eden effectively ending the New Empire once and for all. But the Admiral feared once PACT had consolidated and brought all of the former territories and liberated worlds of the Empire together it would begin to spread into the neutral rim and beyond. Even with their victory he heard reports of continual military buildup, which some would think it was merely building up defenses for PACT to protect the liberated worlds. But other reports he received from other sources painted a different picture entirely, which included word that PACT was beginning to reinforce very heavy travel restrictions within their territories. If they had been at war with the New Empire still the travel restrictions might have made sense, but this only further worried the aging Admiral as he realized this was an effort at information control.

He began ordering their agents and spies who wouldn’t be able to maintain their cover to flee PACT space when they can. Even though he had different ideas when he began the project in secret at the time, but it was a possible situation like this that was one of his chief motivations for beginning the Pandora’s Box Project in the first place. Even before Compact recognized itself into PACT he and others within the Alliance feared the outcome of PACT now becoming a threat to the alliance and the galaxy at large.

“A part of me wished it wasn’t going to come to this, but I and others saw the signs.”  Grey thought as he leaned back in his seat in deep thought.

However he knew PACT wouldn’t be able to begin any kind of expansion campaign at this moment as they would be busy solidifying their hold over their new holdings and establishing a new government to replace the old one which would take time. There was time to prepare, but he knew the best way to release the demon upon the galaxy.

“According to Earth mythology Pandora’s Box is an artifact that contained all of the evils of the world. But the myth and the words Pandora’s Box hold a deeper meaning." The Admiral mused as he knew the meaning of opening Pandora’s Box meant doing something seemingly small and innocent action that would have severely detrimental and far-reaching consequences. In a few weeks once the project was complete and Lelouch vi Britannia was fully revived as cybernetic enhanced human being, but he was a demon who was capable of so much.

All Lelouch had accomplished within the scope of two years was impressive to say the least considering both his age and what he had started with.

But there was a problem the Admiral was facing now and that was to properly instill within Lelouch a new sense of purpose and that fire that drove him to achieve him his goals. His sister he had sacrificed so much for was dead while his successor he had left behind to the mask of Zero was nowhere to be found, but he knew several months ago Earth had fallen to the New Empire as it was trying to desperately acquire quick resources and people it could conscript to replenish their ranks.

“It was unfortunate they didn’t join the alliance, but maybe the lost of Earth’s freedom is the key to awakening the demon once more.” Grey thought believing that in the fall of Earth he saw the means to reawaken the demon that was within Lelouch vi Britannia. It was a dangerous game, but considering the threats that were looming over the horizon for the galaxy at large it was a dangerous game he was going to have to play.

Another problem was properly preparing him since combat and politics were very different from what he was used to on Earth.

“Still it means nothing if I cannot not set him on the road I need him to be on, but I might know someone who could help with him.” Grey thought as he had a potential mentor in mind for Lelouch. “But there is a less pleasant task that must be attended to first.” 

A few weeks later at the station Lelouch vi Britannia was lying in a hospital bed with all of the work and reconstruction of his body complete. His body had been fully restored to such that you couldn’t even tell he was a dead a few weeks ago. All of his bodily functions were functioning normally and the cybernetics grafted onto his skeleton had successfully adapted accordingly. All in all the process was a complete success. As the scientists onboard awaited further instruction from Admiral Grey he had sent someone to the station to meet Lelouch, but as events continued on Lelouch was asleep.

In his dreams he remembered his demise.

At the hands of his own best friend, which was ironic and poetic, but it was as per their agreement when he asked Suzaku to join him in the completion of the Zero Requiem. To become Emperor and an enemy of the entire world so all of humanity’s hatred would be focused upon him, but he used his tyrannical rule to get rid of other problems and elements that would be a hindrance to the world peace his plan would create. Chief among these was his older half-brother Schneizel who was the most challenging complication to his plans, but he triumphed.

He died in the arms of his sister after being run through by the new Zero after passing on the mantle to Suzaku Kururugi to carry on as the new Zero with Schneizel la Britannia, now compelled by his Geass, to aid him. 

“Oh brother I love you.”

Those were the last words of his beloved sister as he lay dying, which he welcomed.

Suddenly his eyes opened and he found himself looking up at a ceiling that was unfamiliar to him. He slowly sat up, but he noticed that he felt alive even though he knew he should have died. Unless this was hell of some short then it was nothing like he had been expecting it to be. He felt some discomfort in his limbs, which however only proved that he was alive somehow knowing that Suzaku had dealt him a mortal wound when he impaled him through the torso with that sword he wielded.

“What is this? I am somehow alive?” Lelouch thought trying to comprehend how he was still alive.

As he began looking around he saw that nothing in this room belonged to any kind of hospital he was familiar with, but noticing a window that showed the black void of space the former Emperor realized he wasn’t even on Earth anymore. Recovering from the shock of this realization Lelouch climbed out of bed, although his limbs felt stiff he slowly regained more feeling and strength in them as he walked over to the window.

Unless this was some kind of clearly put together optical illusion of some kind Lelouch’s mind was having some trouble processing the fact he was in space aboard some kind of space station, but since he saw no sign of the Earth and there was nothing but asteroids floating around he tried to comprehend where he might be. Of course comprehending how he was even alive as he clearly recalled how he died at the hands of Suzaku before spending his final moments with his sister Nunnally was even more difficult for him to grasp.

Then everything went dark until he awoke here.

He had so many questions, but he didn’t know where he could find the answers.

“How was this possible?” Lelouch thought before he walked over to the dresser by his bed where he found a mirror. Looking into it he saw both of his eyes encompassed by his Geass power, which not only meant that he didn’t have the special contacts C.C. gave him but his powers had returned to him despite his demise. Looking around Lelouch realized he wasn’t dressed so he sought to put on a change of clothes, which he found inside the dresser containing black pants and a shirt while finding a pair of shoes nearby.

“Alright if I am going to find out what is going on I need to find someone and question them.” Lelouch thought as he made his decision.

The only reason he could see that anyone would have kept his corpse after his demise would have been to study his Geass, but he thought Suzaku and Nunnally would have prevented such a thing. Did something happen after his death that he did not foresee? It merely added to the growing number of questions Lelouch had now, but it merely fueled his desire for his answers more so.  After any remaining weariness or stiffness in his limbs was gone Lelouch proceeded to find the door that would take him out of the room, but when he was about to try to open it an explosion rocked the whole station almost causing Lelouch to fall onto the ground. 

Another explosion rocked the station, but the source to this one sounded much closer this time.

“Is this place under attack or something?”

Lelouch thought as the door opened to see a man clad in black and green make-shift body armor which was assembled using various pieces as most of them didn’t match with the rest as a whole. The man had rugged features with short brown hair and he was armed with what looked like an assault rifle. He was either some kind of mercenary or a pirate.
Lelouch was about to use his Geass when the space pirate was shot in the head.

A few moments later a man in his early forties arrived. He was bald with blue eyes and a fair skin complexion wearing a dark gray suit with a black dress shirt underneath complete with black shoes. In one hand he held an unusual pistol that Lelouch had never seen before while being carried on his back was an assault rifle similar to the one the pirate had been using. 

“Hey kid you alright?” The bald man said looking down, but upon noticing his Geass he quickly reached into the pocket of his coat to hand Lelouch a small case. “Those eyes…you must be Lelouch.”

Lelouch accepted the case before asking.

“Who are you?”

“I am Michael Garibaldi a freelance investigator who specializes in finding things or people others have lost.”

“So what are you doing here then?” Lelouch asked finding a pair of contacts inside the case he was handed.

“Well I am here to find you and get you out of here before these pirates decide to blow this station to bits.” Michael said before reaching into his coat to pull out another pistol similar to the one he was using. “You know how to use one of these?”

“I assume it works the same way as it was designed?”

“It should be like the handgun you used in the past. C.C. told me you had some experience with them, and she provided the contact lenses you are holding there.” The bald man replied surprising Lelouch. 
“You know C.C?”

“Let’s just say she hired me to get you out of here among other things, but I can give you the full story once we are off this station. This place is being attacked by pirates and I don’t think you want to be here when they decide to blow this place up.” The man warned as Lelouch put on the contact lenses, which allowed him to suppress his Geass until he needed it so he could avoid accidently using it on others.

Lelouch was weary of trusting a complete stranger, although when another explosion rocked the station he saw that he had no other choice. He hated it, but he would just need to be on his guard until he could get some answers. Since it was clear someone went through a lot of trouble to bring him back he didn’t think this private investigator intended to kill him if his task was to really get him to safety.

“Alright led the way then.” Lelouch said as he held the gun in both hands after checking what he assumed to be the safety was turned off.

“Follow me!” Michael instructed before using hand gestures to instruct Lelouch as the two made their way down the wall while mindful to be aware of pirates.

A pair of two armed pirates wearing pieces of body armor they likely scavenged from somewhere was spotted entering the hallway so before they had a chance to notice Lelouch and Michael the two men fired their guns, Lelouch missed his mark but Michael managed to shoot both men killing them. A lighter explosion rocked the space station, which was more than enough to prompt both men to hurry as the time they had left before the station was destroyed was beginning to count down.
The men ran through the halls while keeping both their eyes and ears pealed for anymore pirates, but thankfully the duo did not encounter any along the way.

They reached what appeared to be a small hanger bay designed for small transport ships where the ship Michael kept was docked and awaiting for them. However they had one last obstacle in their path blocking their way. Up on a platform was a diminutive blonde haired girl of at least nineteen years of age, no one could tell her age easily due to her child-like body who was three heads too short, wearing black baggy jeans and a purple tank-top with black boots and gloves on her hands.

She had blonde haired styled into a pageboy haircut and she had light gray eyes. Despite her rather small stature the woman’s exposed arms should muscle, which explained how she was able to carry a belt fed machine gun that required two hands while carrying the ammo on a special backpack she wore on her back. She might look like a child, but still something about her suggested she was anything but a child on the inside. Even Lelouch could tell she was dangerous and the fact she looked like a child made her even more so, which Lelouch decided to trust his instincts and not engage her head on. 

Garibaldi and Lelouch ducked behind the doorway; although the girl didn’t see them it was clear she was just guarding the hanger to prevent anyone from escaping the space station. Fortunately they saw no one else around the hanger so it was just a matter of getting around her.

“You don’t have anything that could help us get pass her?” Lelouch whispered the older man as the two hid.

“Well I am wishing a brought a rocket launcher with me that could have helped, but I didn’t think to bring it.” Garibaldi replied sarcastically causing Lelouch to roll his eyes at him in response.

“My Geass won’t work from here. I’ll probably get gunned down before I can give out an order let alone make eye contact from here.” Lelouch said considering his options while trying to think of something they could do to get pass her.

Suddenly their situation worsened as they could hear pirates down the hall from which they came, so whatever the two were going to do they had to do it now. Lelouch studied the catwalk which the short girl was patrolling and noticed how he could get up there, but the problem is he would likely be shot before he could use his Geass on her.

“I have an idea, but I don’t think you’ll like it,” Lelouch admitted as a plan was forming in his mind.

“Can’t be worse than having a bunch of pissed off pirates coming one way while a shorter pirate packing a heavy machine gun is blocking our only way to escape?” Garibaldi said jokingly, but he had a bad feeling what Lelouch had in mind.

“If you can distract her I think I can get up there and use my Geass on her.”

“Distract her?” Garibaldi asked with an expression that was questioning Lelouch’s sanity.

“If you have any better ideas then speak now!” Lelouch said seriously while using his right hand to gesture at the sound of the pirates approaching from behind giving them two minutes tops before they were caught.

“Alright, but you better be fast.” Garibaldi said after a sigh knowing he was going to hate this.

“Trust me I will.” Lelouch said before he slipped away while hiding behind some boxes moving closer to a stairwell that led up to catwalk.

As Lelouch moved into position Garibaldi found a more secure area to draw the girl’s attention as Lelouch was in position to head up the stairs. Taking a deep breath Garibaldi readied his gun before attempting to shoot the girl, but as they feared the girl instantly spotted the bald headed man taking aim at her so the girl dodged before unleashing a stream of bullets from her gun while laughing manically.

“YOU THINK I DIDN’T SEE YOU BALDLY!” The girl screamed with a deranged and bloodthirsty look on her face.

“Oh great I had to deal with one who is full-blown psychotic.” Garibaldi mused cursing his luck that of all of the pirates that would be on this space station he would be distracting the one that was clearly bat-shit crazy.

She tried to shoot out Garibaldi’s stack of metal crates hoping to gun down the bald man, but thankfully the pile of crates he had chosen to take cover behind were much sturdier than they looked. They could weather most of the bullets, but even his temporary save haven would only last for so long. But the sound of the machine gun firing covered the sound of Lelouch ascending the steps as he reached the catwalk.

The girl was so focused on trying to shoot through the crates to hit her target that she failed to notice Lelouch approaching her silently. He readied his Geass, but when he got behind her he took his biggest risk and spoke.

“I command you…” Lelouch began causing Cosette Cosmos to turn around looking Lelouch in the eye. Had she reacted then she might have killed Lelouch, but because of her large weapon and needing both hands to hold it her movements were delayed giving Lelouch enough time to cast his Geass on her. “...To help me and my companion hiding behind the crates escape this station and your associates!” The former Emperor commanded.

“What the fuc-”

The last thing Cosette saw was Lelouch’s eyes which were encompassed with Geass before the order took hold and her mind went blank as she was completely enslaved to his Geass.

“Yes sir!” Cosette said obediently which surprised Garibaldi. He wouldn’t have believed it unless he saw it himself, because one minute ago the girl was acting bloodthirsty and vicious yet now she was completely emotionless while sounding more robotic than human.

“I guess that is why they put so much money into bringing him back.” Garibaldi said while fully realizing the kind of power Lelouch had and how dangerous it could be.   

“We better go; she’ll cover our escape for us.” Lelouch said leaving the blonde girl where she stood before hurrying to rejoin Garibaldi.

It was not a moment too soon as over a dozen pirates suddenly poured into the hanger looking for the man who had killed some of their fellow pirates. But as they turned to chase the fleeing Lelouch and Garibaldi down they failed to notice a Geass controlled Cosette Cosmos leveling her machine gun on her comrades. Garibaldi didn’t even look back, but whatever doubts he had about Lelouch’s Geass that might have been left were wiped out away when Cosette opened fire on her own comrades gunning down the surprised pirates who had little time to react.

Garibaldi quickly led Lelouch to his craft which look like a black sleek plane with large circular wings and it was bigger than a school bus he had seen back on Earth. However its design was sleek and aerodynamic, so perhaps it was fast enough to get them out of here. Another explosion shook the station meaning it was now or never to escape. As they approached Garibaldi used a remote in his coat to unlock his ship while a boarding ramp was lowered.

The two men scrambled up the loading platform, but after doing a quick sweep to check for any pirates or bombs.

The bald man climbed into the cockpit of the ship while Lelouch found a chair in the passenger area before strapping himself in.
The ship’s engines roared to life as it began to take off before flying out of the hanger making a mad dash for open space. The pirates might have gone after them, but Cosette convinced her fellow pirates over a communicator she was carrying that the ship that was launched was a decoy to cover an attempted escape by the researchers of the station. Coincidentally that turned out to be true to extent because after the shuttle launched another ship was attempting to flee so the pirates pursued it instead, but they would never capture it as it self-destructed the moment it was seized by the pirates destroying everything onboard.

The shuttle wasted no time spooling up its warp dive before making an emergency warp to escape the area after it was clear of the asteroid field. Once the ship was long gone the Geass order that had taken control of the blonde girl faded and Cosette Cosmos was back in control of her body and aware of her surroundings once more.

She looked around for the black-haired boy, but she found no one. She did find the bodies of her comrades littering the floor below her causing the diminutive pirate’s eyes to widen in shock. Her horror grew when she couldn’t even remember what happened after that boy said his command to her. It was then a terrible thought came to mind.

“D…did…did I do this,” Cosette Cosmos said with a low-pitch and shaking voice as she was trying to find out a way of explaining what happened after blacking out.

After accepting the possible fact that she somehow did and yet did so while being completely unaware of it because of that black haired man with the glowing red eyes who did something to her. Cosette Cosmos’s eyes hardened in rage as she gripped her machine gun tightly as she made a quiet vow to herself that if she ever found that man again…there would be hell to pay.   

Across the galaxy inside his personal office aboard his ship Admiral Grey received a short signal that confirmed the destruction of the escape shuttle as it was designed to self-destruct once it had been captured by enemy forces as a precaution he never warned the stations occupants of in order to protect the secrets of their work. Before the attack Grey secretly had all of the research data and essential personnel moved off the station, which he knew by now the station was going to self-destruction very soon after the automatic destruct systems destroyed all of the physical hard drives and data storage aboard as precaution.

Reclining in his chair the aged Admiral took a deep breath, but despite how close everything came to falling apart today his main objective was a success, Project Pandora’s Box was a success, but most importantly the demon had now been unleashed.

“It's all up to that woman, Garibaldi and fate to set that man on the right path.”

Updated: March 01, 2016, 02:51:33 am
Here is chapter two and like chapter one it happens nine years before events of the game with Lelouch being sent off to a certain neutral world for the time being to adapt to his new surroundings, but he is reunited with C.C. and a few unexpected old faces he never thought he would see.

This chapter was a difficult one to do on a number of levels, especially with the conversation near the end. Part of it was influenced by Sunrider Academy.

If you have any questions or such I'll answer them, but if they involve possible spoilers I'll use PM instead.

Chapter 2
The Neutral World

Four days had passed since Lelouch and Garibaldi’s narrowing escape from the research station, but after a series of quick warps to shake off any possible pursuit the shuttle made for its destination. Eventually arriving at the neutral rim of Cera, although they have arrived sooner but time was needed for Lelouch to the right papers prepared for him so the local authorities wouldn’t give him any trouble when their ship docked at the spaceport of the planet’s capital Cera City. Being on a planet feeling the weight of gravity upon him once more was comforting, but the alien world he was on now seemed so familiar and yet different from Earth.

He took a moment to adjust the collar on his white dress shirt he was wearing while he wore a black jacket over it along with matching pants and shoes. Lelouch was once again going by the name of Lelouch Lamperouge as his legal name thanks to the documents and passports he now had complete with forged background and more. The passports had taken the longest, but with Lelouch’s impending revival C.C. and Garibaldi had most of his documents and records prepared for him using the latter’s contacts and resources to have them ready.   

Looking around after he and Garibaldi left the spaceport Lelouch couldn’t help but look around to view the world they were on.
In some ways it looked no different than his own home planet Earth did, but on the other hand he felt it was different and there were things on this planet his world did not have which only reminded him he was on an alien planet. 

“She is waiting in a hotel room downtown, so let’s go.” Garibaldi said as he gestured for Lelouch to follow him.

Taking a rental car the duo made their way to the edge of the city’s business district before pulling into a parking garage that sat across the street from the hotel in question. It was modest, but nothing remarkable as Lelouch and Garibaldi made their way inside. On the fourth floor they disembarked the elevator the duo made their way to a room at the end of the hall where Lelouch and the immortal girl responsible for giving him the power that damned him and yet blessed him at the same time.
The power to change the world for the better by destroying the old one and revenge called Geass.

Upon entering C.C. turned around and gave Lelouch a pleased smirk, although Lelouch didn’t say anything in response but he could already tell that the green haired girl had not changed much since they had last seen one another.

“Welcome back from the dead Lelouch.”

“I was better off dead, so why do all this to bring me back?” Lelouch demanded after Garibaldi closed the door behind them.

“Officially it was claimed your body was kept to study its Geass, but even then very few people knew about it. However the real reason was different, because some people didn’t want to let you go like your sister Nunnally, but overtime that original intent changed.” C.C. asked with her usual matter-of-fact tone while crossing her arms over the white suit she was wearing.

“Nunnally kept my body in cold storage didn’t she?”

“Yes after she realized your true intentions your sister was devastated to say the least, so she secretly had your body kept in cryogenic storage to preserve it until a way could be found to restore you to life. Your sister felt it was unfair for you to have made such a sacrifice, so she wanted to give you some hope at a second chance.”

“I see…” Lelouch said solemnly as he didn’t doubt in the least his younger sister would have been crushed once she realized his intentions. He knew Nunnally had figured it out in his final moments, so perhaps seeking a way to restore him or at least make an effort he should have been expected. “This is all rather extreme just to bring me back to life like this.”

“Well as I said the intentions of bringing you back began to change after Nunnally died of old age and then asked her daughter to continue trying to bring you back.”

"A daughter…" Lelouch thought as he began wondering who Nunnally might have married to have bore a child with, but he quickly pushed that thought aside for now to focus on getting the answer he sought behind why he was restored to life.

“Late into your niece’s reign Earth made contact with representatives from the Solar Alliance when explorers from said government had found Earth in a region of unexplored space.” C.C. said before pausing for a moment to sit down in a plush red chair while gesturing for Lelouch to sit in the chair opposite of her. “I think you can imagine how the people probably reacted.”

“Some were awed by it, but others not so much.” Lelouch answered with a bored expression before sitting down in the chair.

“Yes, but they were even more divided when they were asked to join the Solar Alliance. I assume Garibaldi filled you in on the top factions in the galaxy?”

“Not very much as we were busy dodging pirates who attacked the space station I was revived at.”

“I guess you can say it’s similar to the United Federation of Nations you created, but on a much larger scale. It’s a military, economic and research alliance between several worlds, centered around the world of Solaris in the core worlds with its leader elected as president during an election while the rest of the government is managed through the Solar Congress.” C.C. explained before adding. “They have hundreds of worlds allied together and each of them has a representative, but much like the problems the European Union had there has been a lot of political and bureaucracy deadlock due to various interest groups politicians and other issues.”

“I see, so how are they involved?”

“One of the main parties involved secretly met with your niece, because of a growing concern the discovery of Earth by the larger galaxy had meant for it.” C.C. answered before she hesitated for a moment before continuing. “It seemed that Earth was dangerously close to the boarder of the second strongest power in the galaxy called the New Empire on the edge of the neutral rim.”

“The New Empire?”

“Well I suppose you could call it a galaxy version of Britannia which in the beginning it had humble beginnings and good intentions behind it’s founding, but overtime its rulers became drunk with power. They ruled their people with an iron fist. With their capital they called New Eden becoming the home of the rich and powerful, where the Imperial elites would live in lavish luxury. The rest of Imperial society lived in abject poverty and slavery, their minds brainwashed by propaganda and their livelihoods taken for the benefit of the rich.”

“It does sound very much like Britannia with some differences I presume?”

“Yes, but that changed with the birth of the Solar Alliance as a number of free worlds rallied around the banner of the new alliance marshaling an army together to fight back against the New Empire leading to the Alliance-Imperial war ending in victory for the Solar Alliance after many years of war.” C.C. explained, but needed a moment to regain her breath so Garibaldi took over.

“Following their defeat the New Empire was forced to focus on its own internal problems as its strings of defeats at the hands of the alliance caused power struggles to erupt within the New Empire soon followed by internal rebellions and uprisings which were being discreetly funded by the Alliance.”

“I see where this going.” Lelouch said as he pieced together what the subject was leasing to. “The New Empire was trying to hold itself together, but with the power struggles and rebellions they needed some fresh conquests to stabilize themselves.”

“Correct so they were planning on seizing Earth, so the Solar Alliance was trying to convince Earth to join but due to Earth’s desire to be independent along with interference from the other neutral worlds Earth ultimately refused.”

“Those fools…” Lelouch muttered in anger as his hands were gripping the armrests of the chair rightly.

“It wasn’t that simple...” C.C. mused with a sigh before saying. “It was a really big mess, but regardless Earth’s fate was effectively sealed and so realizing this your niece secretly spoke to some members of the Alliance representing its military presenting them with your preserved remains and the details of your Geass and what you were capable of.”

“I see so it was the Solar Alliance that brought me back?”

“Yes and no, but as I am sure you already realized it was a small faction within it that secretly had your brought back after much effort and works behind the scenes which I helped with.”

“I imagine so, but I assume you I was brought back to bring down the New Empire?”

“No, but rather we need you to bring down PACT.”

“PACT?”

“Yes it stands for People's Alliance for Common Treatment, but it began as the resistance movement known as Compact before overthrowing the New Empire becoming PACT in its place. In fact the New Empire just fell a few months ago before the leader of Compact, Veniczar S. Arcadius, recognized it and their new captured holdings into PACT.” C.C. answered.

“So from Liberators they are becoming Conquers now?”

“Yes they are as some in the alliance fear is happening with PACT launching a very aggressive military expansion of their forces not long after they won over the New Empire, which the alliance convinced isn’t for defense.”

“Then I take it they plan on expanding and conquering the galaxy, but why would this concern me? Everything I have ever cared for is dead and gone, but yet,” Lelouch said before his voice and hands tightened in anger, “you sought to bring me back.”

“Part of it was because it was what your sister wanted, but now with Earth a part of PACT being used to fuel their aggressive war machine destroying the world you sacrificed a lot for I thought you would want to correct that.”

Lelouch was silent, but a part of him was angry at the fate of the Earth he had sacrificed so much to change yet he reminded himself his sister was dead.

“I don’t see a point C.C, because even if I did succeed I can’t exactly go back let alone show my face on Earth.”

“Then stay with me on this planet for awhile and think it over. Besides we still have a lot more catching up to do.” C.C. said with a frown on her face, but she knew Lelouch’s responses and reactions could have been a lot worse.

"I guess I am in for a lot of work."

“Fine…” Lelouch said dismissively, although he wasn’t happy about it he knew his sister would want him to live so it was out of consideration for what his sister wanted he would live.

A knock at the door prevented further conversation between them.

“Oh that reminds me Lelouch there are a few people still alive you know.”

“Like who?”

Garibaldi opened the door and in walked a familiar busty blonde Lelouch had never expected he would see again considering his current circumstances.

“M-M-Milly…” Lelouch exclaimed in shock wondering for a moment if Milly Ashford had somehow obtained a code of immorality somehow.

Milly Ashford looked a few years older being in her early twenties, but otherwise she was unchanged for the most part. She was wearing a white long skirt, a blue dress shirt with matching white heeled shoes.

“Oh Lelouch you’re alive again.” Milly exclaimed happily rushing into the room to give Lelouch a big hug leaving the former Emperor speechless.

But as quickly it had happened it was over and Lelouch swiftly received a slap to the face.

Lelouch was still speechless, but he suspected what that slap was for.

“WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING ASSASSINATING YOURSELF LIKE THAT!?” Milly snapped at the former Emperor as she proceeded to verbally chew him out for his actions.  “I should have known you were Zero,” The blonde haired woman said as she began tearing up, “but I just didn’t want to believe it I guess because I was scared about the fact if it was true.”

“I assume you know why I did it…all of it?” Lelouch replied calmly.

“Yes it was all for Nunnally and revenge, but you changed a little near the end didn’t you?”

“You are correct, because I realized my efforts were no longer for Nunnally but for the world and those I care for.”

“You just killed yourself…going down at the most hated tyrant in history?” Milly said with tears beginning to flow down her cheeks.

“I doubt for me to say sorry would be sufficient would it?”

“You damn right it wouldn’t, so you are going to be attending school.” The busty blonde pointed out as her attitude began to turn back to her normal cheerful and mischievous self.

“Wait…what?” Lelouch said as that 

“You’re going to be attending Cera City Academy as a senior in its high school division.” Milly explained straightforwardly, but Lelouch was instantly suspicious that the blonde woman had an ulterior motive.

“What’s your game Milly?” Lelouch demanded as his eyes narrowed upon the busty blonde who simply shrugged it off with her signature smirk, which was enough to convince the former Emperor that she was up to something.

“Oh nothing, but I think for someone who was Emperor of the World and a founding member of the United Federation of Nations being a high school dropout is unacceptable, so it’s back to school for your last year of high school.”

“Really,” Lelouch said raising an eyebrow, “I don’t know what you are thinking but you got another reason don’t you?”

“Why whatever do you mean?”

“I have known you long enough that nothing is hardly ever straightforward with you?”

Two weeks later following his meeting with C.C; Lelouch was enrolled into Cera City Academy where the former Emperor would spend his days adjusting to his new life, but Lelouch wasn’t sure if he wanted any part in what was expected of him. After all it wasn’t his war let alone he didn’t have any reason to fight. His sister and everyone else who had been dear to him was dead, although C.C. was alive it didn’t change his mind. His first day was uneventful so far, so much so that Lelouch couldn’t believe he was thinking it but.

"I actually miss Ashford Academy and the insanity."

The antics of Milly Ashford, the Student Council President, were troublesome at times to say the least but it kept his time from attending Ashford Academy from becoming repetitive.

Still the academy he was attending in Cera City was in some ways better than Ashford Academy as it had a friendly and more cheerful environment which Lelouch credited to the lack of spoiled and racist children from Britannian privileged families. His attire consisted of the academy’s usual uniform with black pants, matching shoes, a black jacket with white trim. It also had a white dress shirt underneath with a sleeveless tan button-up sweater over it and lastly for Lelouch a purple tie of his own choice.

Classes had already ended for the day, but Lelouch was thankful for Garibaldi’s lessons in preparing him for school life on Cera since their method of teaching and the new technology involved would have overwhelmed Lelouch making him look like an idiot.

"I guess I have to join a club now, but the only one left with openings is oddly enough the Student Council."

The only thing Lelouch found odd about the school was the fact that the Student Council had so many vacant seats with only the position of President and Vice-President filled.

"I guess I’ll find out soon enough."

Lelouch arrived at the student council club room, but upon entering he found only one person inside. He was a year younger than Lelouch, but he had blue eyes, a fair skin complexion, and white pale hair. Like Lelouch he wore the same uniform as him with the exception that his tie was blue.

“Is this the Student Council Room?”

“Why yes it is,” The white haired young woman said rising from his seat to greet the new arrival before asking, “Are you the new student I heard would be joining us?”

“Yes my name is Lelouch Lamperouge and you are?”

“Kayto Shields, a pleasure to meet you.” Kayto said extending his hand to shake Lelouch’s in a friendly gesture. 

“Likewise,” Lelouch said returning the gesture before asking, “So where is the president?”

“She’ll be along soon.”

“I see, but something confuses me…why are there only two of you?” Lelouch said bringing his hand up to his chin to contemplate the question.

“Ah well…” Kayto began nervously before rubbing the back of his head. “Let’s just say our Student Council President can be both serious and quite…dedicated to her job.” The white haired student admitted while he had chosen his last words very carefully.

Before Lelouch could inquire further the door opened and walked in who Lelouch correctly guessed was the Student Council President in question.

She was the same age as Lelouch was being a senior of the academy, but from a first glance Lelouch could see what Kayto meant by being serious and dedicated. In fact Lelouch was almost convinced he was staring at a complete and total opposite of Milly Ashford.

Ava Crescentia stood at the doorway immaculately dressed in her school uniform, which made Lelouch wonder if she came from a military family. She wore the standard girls’ uniform as did other female students which included the same jacket, white shirt and button up v-neck sleeveless sweater worn by Kayto and Lelouch, but for her tie she picked a red one to match her cherry colored eyes. The rest of her uniform consisted of a skirt matching her jacket with a white line going around it near the edge, she had brown shoes and black thigh-high stockings with white trim on the end. Her soft shoulder-length brown hair was also perfectly straight framing the fair-skinned porcelain features on her face.

Lelouch began considering what Kayto told him and seeing the cold stare on her face and stature he quickly came to a conclusion. He was beginning to suspect why the previous members of the council had left as Ava seemed to be the hardened disciplinary type as far as the former Emperor could tell.

"She must be from a military family because no one, not even the children from wealthy families who were not spoiled or arrogant on their looks, did not put such effort and detail into making their appearance so orderly like that." Lelouch thought as the only students he noticed to take such extreme detail to their appearance were usually those from military families he had seen in Ashford Academy, but Ava was on a whole other level. 

“Are you the new student joining the student council?”

“Yes, my name is Lelouch Lamperouge…it is a pleasure to meet you.” Lelouch said with a polite greeting.

“I am Ava Crescentia the student council president and I suspect you and my Vice-President have already met?”

“Yes we just finished introductions before you arrived.”

“Good, but because we are very short-handed on the student council I won’t bother assigning you a position like treasury or sectary so think of you and Kayto being of the same rank and responsibilities of the other vacant council positions will be shared between you both.”

“I understand…” Lelouch replied without compliant since he had expected such a move and it was a logical one all things considered.

“I trust this will not be a problem?” Ava inquired folding her arms across her chest.

“No I am actually used to pulling double duty on a student council. I was part of the Student Council as Vice President of the previous school I had been attending so if the processes and duties are similar in any way I should have no problems handling it.”

“Double duty?” Kayto asked with a curious expression on his face.

“Let’s just say the Student Council President I worked under was curious and excessively playful with a tendency to go over the top with school events and even create some very unusual events. Her boisterous personality defined her most, but she did leave me with a lot of the paperwork and reports to deal with.” Lelouch said recalling Milly.

“Unusual Events?” Ava inquired now curious herself.

“Well aside from I suppose your standard events like school festivals she had come up with some strange events like the cross-dressers' ball, the absolute silence party and swim suit day.”

“Swim suit day?” Kayto asked with a look of confusion, although he suspected what the event entailed.

“All students and teachers wear swim suits throughout the school day.” Lelouch replied with a matter-of-fact tone surprising Ava and Kayto who looked at him with the idea that he was making it up. “I am dead serious why do you think I transferred?”
That wasn’t true, but it was part of his cover story.

The background story concocted for Lelouch was that he was born of Cera parents and grew up on the planet, but had spent most of school years off world living with a relative who was studying aboard. Even through Cera was an isolationist state it wasn’t unheard of for its people to travel off world to study on different worlds especially those involved with trading, space travel and other jobs and majors that would require time off world for real-world training opportunities. Even the businesses on Cera conduct trading with other worlds for exotic goods, metals and ores not found on their planet so it wasn’t unusual for people to be studying aboard.

“People dressing up all day in swim suits couldn’t have been all bad?” Kayto said with a shrug of his shoulders, but Ava’s opinion was different.

“How could she have gotten approval for such a…it’s…just unbelievable.” Ava said with a face palm indicating she was clearly at a loss for words.   

“Heh the Cross-Dressing Ball was probably even more so as I am sure you two can guess what that involved.” Lelouch replied with a smirk.

Kayto was silent for a moment envisioning the students of his school with female students dressing up as guys and guys dressing up as girls. He quickly dismissed the thought when a mental image of him dressed in a school uniform came into mind.

“Wow…ok I could see you leaving.”

“No it was Cupid Day that was the final straw.” Lelouch said with a dramatic tone of voice, although that wasn’t exactly true but he thought it would make for a good story just the same.

“Cupid Day?” Ava inquired having a bad feeling about it in the pit of her stomach, but curiosity outweighed her hesitant as she wondered what was so bad about Cupid Day.

“Cupid Day was a time for couples to declare themselves by exchanging heart shaped hats with one another, blue for boys and pink for girls obviously. I was unfortunately a popular target for some reason so I had a few girls eyeing to jump me before the event began, but what complicated matters was Milly putting a bounty on my head.”

“A bounty?” Kayto asked while Ava was beginning to see where this was going.

“She offered priority on the budget and extra funds for the club that brings her my hat.” Lelouch replied with a sigh as he recalled the frenzy Milly had wiped the school into with that announcement.

The white haired young man said looking at Lelouch with disbelief in his eyes. “You’re serious?”

“I wish...she got the whole school in a frenzy hunting me down. I had to dodge the science club, rugby club, horseback riding club and even the Fantasy Seduction Club.”

“Fantasy Seduction Club?” Kayto said as he tried to envision that one, but a quick glare from Ava stopped him.

“It's exactly what you expect it to be, so needless to say returning to Cera couldn’t have come at a better time.” Lelouch said concluding his story, although it was technically not true but he knew to create an effective lie you have to mix elements of the truth to make it work. “I am confident there will not be such chaos during my time here?”

“You can rest at ease that your time here will be much more quiet and uneventful than your time at your last school.” Ava said confident, but yet she wondered if some of what Lelouch told them was true or not.

Regardless Ava was confident that Lelouch was a member of the council unlikely to leave.

“HELLO EVERYONE!”

The door opened at that instant as a voice familiar to Lelouch, but her arrival caused Ava to cringe.

"Oh dear god no." Lelouch said as he knew Milly had something in store for him since their earlier meeting, because Milly was standing at the doorway while Ava possessed an annoyed look on her face which was enough for the former Emperor to realize that Milly was a regular in the school. Taking into account her older age Lelouch began to dread the position she had in the school which he could only guess was one of an administrator or a teacher.

"Please don’t let her be the one in charge." Lelouch thought while silently hoping she was just a teacher, because if she was anything higher up then he feared the situation would get worse for him.

Lelouch had a hard time envisioning Milly as a teacher unless she was the principal of the school.

“Miss Ashford, how are you today?” Ava said for a forced smile as Lelouch could see the fiction going on between them, which considering how much of a handful Milly was as student council president he couldn’t even begin to imagine just how much Ava had to put up with from Milly being a much higher position of power.

Lelouch Lamperouge was already feeling sympathy for Ava.

"Judging from their reactions when I recounted some of my time from Ashford Academy I guess it’s safe to assume that Kayto and Ava hadn’t been pressed into Milly’s troubling sense of fun." The former Emperor thought which Lelouch felt a sense of relief if such was the case, but then considering he was now a student in the academy he feared that would change now.

The smirk Milly flashed him for a brief second made Lelouch nervous.

"If I wasn’t in hell when I was dead I think I am now."

“Good afternoon to you too Ava, but seriously as student council president you need to smile more and be cheerful.”

“An overly cheerful personality and presentation will lead the students to believe you are a lax leader who isn’t taking their duties seriously.” Ava said with emotionless tone and face to match, she was literally Milly’s polar opposite as a student council president in almost every way.

Noticing Lelouch’s expression of confusion and worry, Kayto put a hand on his shoulder to pull Lelouch away from the two women to talk privately whispering to one another.

“So I guess you’re wondering what is going on right?”

“You could say that?” Lelouch said which it was true to some extent but Kayto didn’t know that Milly was the Student Council President he had been speaking of until a short time ago.

“The blonde is Milly Ashford who is the teacher of home economics class, but she is the overseer of the Student Council and for festivals and school events.”

"That last part is hardly surprising given Milly’s preference for planning out school events and festivals." Lelouch thought as most of the administrative and paperwork was dumped on him and some of the other council members, but whenever a festival or school event was coming up Milly was always front and center in planning and getting everything prepared for said event. 

Lelouch was just thankful she wasn’t the principal of the school.

"I guess that explains she hasn’t been able to go over the top as she normally does with school events."

The former Emperor observed how Ava was trying to restrain a good amount of frustration she wanted to direct towards Milly, but considering she was a teacher and a member of the school administration Ava couldn’t do so.

"Even so…you have my sympathy Ava."

Later that evening when Lelouch returned to his apartment that C.C. had set up for him which was a short walk away from the school he was surprised to see someone waiting inside for him. Lelouch instinctively reached for a gun, but he realized he didn’t have one. But the man sitting on the simple padded chair raised a hand gesturing for the former Emperor to calm down.

“Relax Lelouch I am not here to harm you, but I doubt you recognize me.”

“Who are you?”

“Heh take a guess, because…” The man began to say as Lelouch began studying his appearance. He wore a brown trench coat over a white dress shirt with the top two buttons undone with black pants and matching shoes. The man was quite old, which Lelouch suspected he must be in his eighties or older even, but he seemed to be at the same time in remarkably good shape for someone of such advance age. His hair was pale white which was another indication of his considerable age for an old man and his skin was pale, but something about his green eyes was very familiar. “You ordered me to live.”

A look of realization emerged on Lelouch’s face as he asked. “Suzaku is that you?”

“You know I should be the one with that look on my face considering I was the one who killed you.” Suzaku Kururugi said with a matter-of-fact while cocking an eyebrow in fascination.

“I can’t imagine you aren’t exactly pleased to see me alive?” Lelouch asked his face turning serious.

“Yes and no,” Suzaku replied sagely before he added, “when you live as long as I have you see things and learn new things so while I might have been upset with your revival, but frankly I can’t even believe I am going to say this but I think we need you back more than ever.”

“It's about PACT isn’t it?”

Suzaku nodded his head.

Lelouch decided to not stand at the doorway gawking at his visitor, so he took a seat on the small sofa near Suzaku allowing the two to hold a proper conversation with the former Emperor needing to stand the entire time.

“When Earth fell to the New Empire everything fell apart at the seams. Britannia, the EU and the Chinese Federation including the United Federation of Nations were completely undone.” Suzaku began as he retold events of the downfall of Earth with a grim expression and tone. “I was already so old by then, but we didn’t have any weapons to defend ourselves against them. They used orbital bombardments to wipe out major cities and military bases before sending in ground forces, which by then we were too scattered or ill-equipped to fight them off.”

“Why didn’t you push for Earth to join the Solar Alliance?”

“I tried, but the UFN chairman and some of the nation leaders were very wary of the alliance even with the threat of the New Empire. I even tried to propose a compromise where we would be under the protection of the Solar Alliance while we could begin a slow adjustment to the larger galaxy we had become part of. I guess too many people were nervous or scared, but I suppose that was the one time I wish you were around.”

Lelouch said nothing at first, but he instead studied Suzaku’s old and tried expression seeing the frustration, anger and sadness. Deciding not to fault Suzaku for what happened because he could see the signs of someone who had tried everything, but in the end it amounted to nothing.

“Those idiots…” Lelouch muttered in seething anger.

Suzaku felt some sense of relief that Lelouch wasn’t holding him responsible, although he had seriously doubted he would but considering what had happened to Earth the former Knight of Zero knew that anyone else might have reacted differently. 

“I think you were right…” Suzaku said with a look and tone sounding as if he had just drank a glass full of a sour lemon juice.

“About what?”

“Reason is the slave of emotion, especially fear.” Suzaku mused before he continued. “No matter how hard I tried, all of my attempts were shut down by their xenophobia.”

“And they just wanted to hide their heads in the sand didn't they?” Lelouch commented with a look of disgust.

“Yes and you already know what happened next?”

“I think I probably shouldn't know the personal details.” Lelouch said as a part of him feared to hear what became of his sister and others he had been close to knowing that considering the possibilities and possible fates being killed might have been preferable to capture.  Even though he tried not to think about it the various outcomes of what people might have endured was unsettling to say the least.

“I managed to escape and join Compact. I was commanding one of their ships when we finally attacked and sacked New Eden bringing down the New Empire once and for all, but things began radically changing.”

“It began with PACT’s leader?” Lelouch asked already knowing the answer.

“Yes…I never met him in person, so what I know only comes from word of mouth.” Suzaku explained. “But he began working towards military buildup while consolidating his power followed by speeches by unifying the galaxy.”

“Not through peace I presume?”

“No he made various claims about the governments and nations outside of PACT being corrupt and greedy along with a long list of claims which most of it wasn’t true, but his influence among his followers is disturbingly comparable to what you achieved as Zero.”

“This Veniczar S. Arcadius even wears a mask I understand.” The former Emperor inquired which Suzaku nodded his head in response.

“Lelouch the people of the Neutral Rim don’t have a chance in hell in withstanding the PACT onslaught and aside from the military buildup I heard that Arcadius has launched a number of secret projects including the construction of a new flagship for himself which is supposed to be unlike anything seen in the last one hundred years.”

“Suzaku there is something else that has you deeply disturbed about Arcadius isn’t there?”

Suzaku paused in realization as he felt his own emotions were being transmitted through his expressions, but after a moment Suzaku adopted a solemn expression before he began.

“Not long after PACT secured its power base at New Eden a group of survivors, mostly members of the nobility and royal family, was found in a fallout shelter consisting of mostly women and children.” Suzaku said, which his expression and tone was already a clear indication to where this story was heading. “They surrendered peacefully, but Arcadius ordered them executed having no use for them…its how he did it that is the most troubling.”

“He wanted to set an example didn’t he?”

“Yes and he used an orbital bombardment to wipeout the fallout shelter.”

Lelouch was taken aback by this as he thought something like that was too extreme.

“The attack not only wiped out the shelter, but it got most of the surrounding area killing even more civilians. No one questioned it and Arcadius instead blamed it on the remnants of the Empire trying to take as many lives with them as possible.”

“And I assume there were similar incidents?”

“Yes and those who questioned it found themselves marked as traitors or they disappeared.” Suzaku said with a haunted expression on his face which even Lelouch found unsettling to look at. 

“What of Nunnally’s daughter?”

“As far as I could tell she was captured following the initial occupation, but despite my efforts I hadn’t found any sign of her so I am not sure if she survived or not.”

“I see…”

“So Lelouch I think I should give this back.” Suzaku said opening up a small duffle bag that had been sitting next to his chair. He pulled out an all too familiar shiny black mask before handing it to Lelouch who made no effort to take it.

“What makes you think I’ll take it up again?”

“Aside from the obvious fact this galaxy is going to need you when PACT inevitably begins its invasion of the Neutral Rim I see it as a chance of changing the world…no…the galaxy on scale no one has done in over a hundred years. Furthermore if someone doesn’t do it then some poor kids like us will probably end up going through what we did.” Suzaku said with a firm look of resolve on his face.

“There is no one left Suzaku?”

“It's because of that they are not around is all the more reason you should become Zero again.”

“Huh,” Lelouch said surprised by Suzaku’s choice of words.

“Most of them died believing everything we did changed the world for the better. Sure not all of them agreed with it, but you cannot deny the results we achieved in the end. Kallen, Nunnally, Kaguya, Rivalz, Jeremiah, Sayoko, and even Milly believed you gave them a better world. I am not asking you to become Zero again to seek forgiveness for your past sins, but to take up the mantle to make a real change this time to show them their faith in you wasn’t misplaced. If you don’t then someone else less experienced and less understanding of the consequences of his or her actions will suffer what we endured.” 

“You’re saying then I am the right choice because of my experience?” Lelouch asked in an almost self-mocking tone.

“Yes if you consider your accomplishments and the fact you have your Geass still.”

“I suppose, but do I even deserve a second chance?”

“There is hardly any point in debating it. You are alive again after you were killed, so you have a second chance now. Put it to good use.”

Lelouch gazed at the black mask as Suzaku set it on the table between them. The former emperor of Britannia was lost in thought as he began processing Suzaku’s words and considered donning the mantle of Zero once more.

There was a part of him that almost made him reconsider doing so, but another part of him was of a different opinion.
Bringing one hand to his forehead in a vain effort to calm the conflicting torrent of emotions and memories running through his mind at that moment as Suzaku silently observed. He had known Lelouch wasn't just going to accept the mantle again after one conversation after all that had happened, but he at least planted the seed. 

A coy smile appeared on his face as he thought, “How ironic I hated the idea he had become Zero and everything he had done, but here I am trying to convince him to become that demon of justice once more.”
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 07:56:00 pm by Sephiroth12285 »
Sephiroth12285 on Fanfiction.net
Sephiroth12285 on Deviant Art

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Re: Sunrider: Mask of Zero (Code Geass and Sunrider crossover fanfic)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 09:40:18 am »
Lelouch is in this Fic : Best fic ever, would read it again ;D

More seriously I really enjoyed reading it, especially the second chapter since the first look really a lot like ME2, but I'm surprised you didn't make Lelouch do his almost classic : "Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you : Die!" to some space pirates before geassing Cosette (good idea to integrate her that way btw)

On a side note, you say a lot about Suzaku seeming old but not that much about Milly, who should be about the same age (even 1 or 2 year more), from how you describe her we could almost think she is in her forties/fifties.

Anyways, I'm waiting for the third chapter now!

BTW, I think I'm going to read more of your crossover fanfic on fanfiction.net, since I saw a lot of them feature Code GEASS!
*being a fanboy is a way of life*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:44:12 am by WeAreTheMeta »

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Sephiroth12285

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:56:20 pm »
Thank you very much.

I thought about doing that, but it just didn't feel write at the time I wrote it. However depending on how chapter three goes I might make up for that one. As for Cosette thank you guys for that one and she and Lelouch as Zero will be butting heads again at some point later on.

Well Milly was caught up in a weird and bizarre event that saw her keep her youth, which is why she is still so young and what happened I am not revealing yet lol. But fear the time when she and Claude join forces during the shore leave event.

I am working on it now and I think I'll have it happen during high school days before moving forward a couple of years to his first emergence as Zero.

Thank you again and I'll modesty admit there are some good ones and some bad ones, some of which might be seeing a rewrite in the future lol.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:55:45 pm »
I...didn't think about what could happen when Claud meets Milly...Ava will face her greatest threat, even greater than the lever XD

Offline Sephiroth12285

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 07:12:11 pm »
Indeed and when I mentioned that to deathzealotzero he said something along the lines of being "nightmare fuel", but one thing I am sure of...if Ava attended Ashford Academy she wouldn't last against Milly's antics if what she did to Kallen and Shirley was anything to go by.

I think Kallen got the worse of it...especially if you saw any of the picture dramas.

Of course you got C.C. in this too so there is no telling what she might do.

Kayto and Lelouch will make the smart decision as they barricade themselves in their rooms lol.

Offline deathzealotzero

:o :o
Sephiroth, What...have...you...done! You brought back Milly and are willing to introduce her to Claude!! Dear god!!! The world is going to end!!!!!
Deathzealot on Fanfiction.Net
Deathzealot on MechaTalk
deathzealotzero on Spacebattles
deathzealotzero on Sufficient Velocity
deathzealotzero on DeviantArt

Offline Sephiroth12285

8) because I can be very cruel at times lol. But joking aisde we need some battles that you just can't win. At least Kayto and Lelouch will be smart enough to get the hell out of dodge but that leave poor Ava to the wolves.

I am contemplating bringing Tamaki back, why because he is a bloody cockroach in every sense of the world plus inability to die when he should lol.

Chapter 3 is 35% done at the time of this post and it will be the last chapter in high school before moving ahead five years to Zero's frist emergence. 

Updated: March 03, 2016, 02:17:04 am
Here is where I post samples of the chapters while they are production, so here is where chapter three is....once its finished I'll post the complete chapter here.

https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/91656/137821935/1/Code-Geass-and-Sunrider-crossover#147861875
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:17:04 am by Sephiroth12285 »

Offline Sephiroth12285

Here is the next chapter and since I can't reset or remove the polls I guess I'll include the link to my fanfiction.net page where I have a more updated and long going poll in place.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/80250/sephiroth12285

Chapter 3
Moving On

Lelouch had difficulty sleeping the following night after his reunion with Suzaku, but even after a month had passed since their conversation the former Emperor was plagued from everything to nightmares, memories of his life before and guilt over some of his more terrible actions. He managed to mask it well while at school, which compared to his internal state was faring far better than he had expected. Even C.C. and Garibaldi were impressed by how well Lelouch had adapted to life on Cera and in school beginning to steadily achieve higher grades in class, which was thanks to C.C. and Garibaldi’s own efforts in help Lelouch.

Fortunately it seemed the more he immerses himself in school work and activities it gave Lelouch a period of peace from the flood of unpleasant memories.

It was after school as Kayto and Lelouch were continuing the ongoing battle against paperwork, Kayto Shield’s most hated enemy.  Because of the obvious lack of members the stack of papers and reports on their holos were staggering to say the least, but Lelouch due to prior experience as an Emperor, leader of the Black Knights and 2nd Supreme Council Chairman of the United Federation of Nations made working through the piles of reports and budgets easy.
It still took a considerable amount of time nevertheless.

“Wow you must have been buried in work at your old school.” Kayto praised as witnessed Lelouch seemingly work through his share of the work faster than him.   

“I had a lot of experience, but that still doesn’t mean I like it no more than the next person.”

“I hear that!” Kayto said in agreement followed by a light chuckle.

It wasn’t long after that when Ava showed up with a very sour expression.

“Unbelievable how could this happen?” Ava muttered before sitting at her desk bringing one hand to her face to massage her forehead.

“Is there something going on?” The former emperor inquired, but he wondered if Milly was trying to pull something to get at him.

“The administration is busy overseeing the pool cleaning so they wish for the student council to oversee the cleaning out of the clubs that were shut down.” Ava explained as this brought back another series of unpleasant memories, but compared to the ones he had as Zero they were not as bad but not pleasant any less either.
He instantly began to suspect Milly’s involvement.

“Was it those clubs you closed down for not being able to cover their dues and failing to file the proper paperwork on time?” Kayto asked which he got his answer with a nod from Ava.

“I don’t recall any mention of this before, so I guess this happened before I joined.”

“You’re correct these clubs were terminated a day before you joined and for the past month the clubs have been clearing out. All that is left now is to clean and ready those rooms for new clubs.”

‘This sounds way too damn familiar.’ Lelouch thought as he felt a feeling of déjà vu come to mind.

During his time at Ashford Academy Lelouch and his friend Suzaku were conscripted to clean the old club rooms that once resided in one of the academy’s older buildings. The oddity of the situation was that these clubs deemed weird for a variety of reasons, but Lelouch thought the last one in there was probably due to people disliking the idea behind it. It didn’t sound like a big deal at first, but as Suzaku and Lelouch found out the clubs, aside from the last one, were anything but normal. It wasn’t a matter of Suzaku and Lelouch cleaning them, but it was surviving them.

“What were these clubs called?” Lelouch asked having a really bad feeling about this.

“The clubs in question were the Lolicon Club, Paparazzi Club and Gungan Appreciation Club?” Ava answered, but their names alone convinced Lelouch of likely additional reasons those clubs had gone under.

“I assume you want both of us to handle this?” Kayto said hesitantly, although he would take cleaning up some old club rooms over paperwork.

“Of course!” Ava answered curtly rising to walk over to a broom closet and revealing some cleaning tools for the two.

A short time later in the hallways Kayto and Lelouch approached the first of the club rooms needed to be cleaned out wearing white aprons. Kayto carried a bucket with water and a mop while Lelouch had a broom with a bucket holding some towels and glass cleaner.

“You seemed kinda reluctant back there?” Kayto asked as they reached the first room, but before he got an answer Lelouch held him back.

“I was reluctant because the last time I had clean some dead club rooms we ran into some unexpected complications I didn’t want to experience again?” Lelouch said with a serious expression that worried, but yet made Kayto curious about what could have happened to have left such an impression.

“So what were these complications?”

“Well the first club was called The Fall-Down-Seven-Times-and-Topple-Eight-Times Club.” Lelouch said with a hint of mid-disgust as he couldn’t believe he remembered that club’s name.

“The...what...that makes no sense?” Kayto said with a look of confusion while trying to imagine what kind of club that must have been.

‘Oh lord I can’t believe I remembered this as well too.’ Lelouch in internal embarrassment as he despised that club for its stupid naming and policy, but it was only the tip of the iceberg.

“Apparently the club…” Lelouch began face palming as he remembered its police that Suzaku had read to him when assigned to clean the rooms. “Its policy says that ‘We are a negative club that believes in falling down seven times and topple eight times. Our activities will have no victories. The policy of losers is our policy and we always look down while we walk.”

“How the hell did such a club get approved? It sounds like a bunch of nut jobs were running it.” Kayto said trying to determine if Lelouch was really being serious or making these stories up, but so far Kayto found no reason to doubt him considering how serious he seemed to be about it. Or he was just a really damn good liar.

“I know and my head hurts just remembering it, but when we opened the door to clean the room we found it completely empty.”

“Oh so that’s good right, so what happened?”

“I walked in and before I realized what happened my friend tackled me to the ground. He saw a hidden pressurized water gun that had been hidden out of view of the doorway that was motion sensitive.”  Lelouch explained to a stunned Kayto who looked at him with wide eyes.

“A hidden pressurized water gun almost hit you?” Kayto asked who was trying to look for any signs that Lelouch could be joking, but he saw nothing to indicate otherwise. “You’re serious?”

“My reaction was quite different especially since it was quite destructive which could have seriously injured me or worse.”

“After something like that I don’t think I can blame you for being nervous.”

“Heh that was just the start…the next club was the Landmine Club.”

“They didn’t have actual landmines in there did they?” Kayto looked at him with a look of concern as a mental image of Lelouch entering the club room before being blown up by a claymore mine.

Lelouch nodded his head, “we endured a total of thirteen of those clubs that left our cleaning equipment damaged by recognition, but the last club in the building, a Culture Club, was the only normal one where nothing happened.”

“One of these days I am going to find where this school was and visit it.” Kayto said as he was very curious to visit Lelouch’s previous academy to see if the stories were true.

“I am hopeful things have calm down since I left, but…” Lelouch began to say as he slowly opened the door, although Lelouch thought he was overreacting he thought it couldn’t hurt just to be better safe than sorry. He stuck the mop into the room and began waving it around as he began to say. “I am sure there isn’t going to be such problems h…”

Lelouch was suddenly interrupted when a projectile shot out of seemingly nowhere hitting the mop out of his hand.

Kayto and Lelouch were shocked for a moment, but after it passed the two cautiously looked inside the club room to find that a trap had been set up with looked like a home-made canon mounted on a desk in one corner of the room just out of sight when you first walk in. Looking around again the two found the projectile it fired which was a potato. Dropping his knees to recover the mop he used it again upon getting back to his feet to find any kind of sensor or trigger.
Another potato fired confirming Lelouch’s suspicions that the potato gun was somehow designed to fire more than one shot and there was a sensor in the room to fire if someone or something set off the sensor.

“Kayto did these clubs accept their disbandment well?” Lelouch asked calmly.

“Ava dealt with the situation herself, but from what I gathered not well at all I assume.”

“Then we should probably assume the clubs have booby trapped their former rooms as an act of retaliation for their closure since I take it the student council is usually responsible for cleaning anything up left over in the rooms?” Lelouch asked which Kayto nodded in confirmation.

Through some very careful effort the two managed to sneak their way across the ground to reach the canon and disarm it ensuring it wouldn’t shoot at them. The two cleaned the room afterwards and left the cannon alone as the two agreed that Ava should be informed of the nasty trap that had been left for them. When they proceeded to the second club Kayto and Lelouch cautiously checked for any signs of traps, but when they opened the door slightly Kayto spotted something above the doorframe after the two noticed a horrible smell when they opened the door slightly.

After using their tools to keep the small pan above the doorway from falling Kayto got it down where he and Lelouch found it was a pan full of fish that had since rotted making it painful for their noses to endure. After taking pictures of the trap with their holos the two disposed of the fish before proceeding to clean that room as well.

Everything went well until they reached the final club to clean.

“What has been taking you two so long?” Ava snapped as she approached the boys from behind.

“Ava did you know that the previous clubs you shut down have left behind traps for us?” Kayto said being straightforward.

“Traps, don’t make up stories Kayto!” Ava shot back clearly not buying what she believed to be an excuse. She snatched the mop from his hand and proceeded to enter the last club room with Kayto and Lelouch trying to warn her.

“He’s serious Ava we found traps in!” Lelouch said, but Ava was too stubborn to heed their warnings which were due to the fact she didn’t think anyone would set a trap for the student council.

Unfortunately Ava Crescentia under estimated the loathing she had earned from the clubs she had shut down, even though they deserved it, but still.   

Upon walking in Ava got caught in an invisible wall of plastic wrap that was painstakingly coated with some kind of sticky substance and placed in a way that no one would see the invisible wall until it was too late after entering through the door. Then a hidden sensor was set off that opened up a concealed bag that had been placed on the ceiling which dumped a bundle of feathers atop Ava’s head before finally a water balloon was fired from a concern of the room dosing Ava.

“Lelouch you better stay back…” Kayto nervously warned.

“Why? Obviously she is going to be angry about this.”

“You haven’t seen her angry in the ways I have. Mount Crescentia is about to erupt and absolutely kill everyone!” Kayto warned as if some kind of apocalyptic event was about to happen, but the look he saw on Ava’s face when she stepped out of the class room was one of pure barely contained rage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well that day could have ended better.” Lelouch said as he and Kayto were walking together through Cera City.

“At least Ava wasn’t seriously hurt, but those students will be lucky not to face criminal charges. I can’t believe those idiots would hold such a grudge if you consider what their clubs were like.” Kayto said as the two walked together.

“I didn’t actually expect those rooms to be rigged with traps, but I suppose my prior experience was helpful.” Lelouch thought as he began remembering Suzaku’s conversation with him from one month ago.

“Yeah otherwise our afternoon would have really sucked.”

“True, but I was almost beginning to think such madness that was in my old academy wouldn’t be anywhere else.”

“I guess it all depends on the people attending those schools.”   

“True enough…” Lelouch said before he and Kayto would be approached by a young girl a few years younger than they were.

She had white hair styled into a pair of small pigtails with blue eyes wearing a white and blue sailor-style school uniform with a brown coat and a pink scarf around her neck. Lelouch guessed she was from a middle-school division of some kind considering her size and age, but also he had a nagging suspicion that she and Kayto were related somehow.

“Oh Kayto who is this?” Maray Shields asked cutely, but Lelouch noticed a more mischievous smirk on her face.

“This is Lelouch the new member of the Student Council and a new friend I made last month that I told you about.” Kayto said introducing Lelouch before turning to the young man in question. “Lelouch this is Maray my younger sister.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Maray eyed Lelouch in a way that made the young man nervous.

‘Why do I suddenly get the feeling that this girl reminds me of Kaguya?’

“Ooooh he is so pretty.” Maray admitted which only cemented Lelouch’s opinion that this girl reminded him of Kaguya while Kayto face palmed at his sister’s response. “So Kayto are you two going out?”

“WHAT?!” Kayto and Lelouch both exclaimed.

Maray began laughing, which caused Kayto to become quite sore with his younger sister.

“It’s nothing like that and you should know better Maray!”

“Well I had to ask because it didn’t seem like you were having much success with Ava or any of the other girls.” Maray replied with a mischievous smile. “Just remember you got until the end of the year.”

“End of the year for what?” Lelouch asked knowing that it was probably against his better judgment to ask such a question.

“That Kayto needs to have a girlfriend or he will face a disappointed sister.” The white haired girl proudly announced much to Kayto’s chagrin.

“Damn it Maray!” Kayto huffed as his annoyance with his sister grew.

“So do you think you’ll be available next year when I attend school with Kayto?” The young white haired girl asked with a seemingly innocent smile.

“Maybe when you are a couple more years older?” Lelouch muttered remembering a certain Japanese heiress, although he had no real intention of dating her but drawing from his experience with dealing with the love struck Kaguya Sumeragi and her subtle advances on him he knew she would continue to persist if he outright refused.

“A couple years, but wouldn’t you have another girlfriend by then?” Maray said eyeing Lelouch suspiciously.

“I am not looking for one right now.” The former Emperor said carefully suspecting that Maray would attempt to twist his words and turn the conversation against him.

In fact Lelouch was beginning to wonder if Maray was somehow related to Milly since he didn’t find the possibility unlikely that she might have had children by this point. Why else would she choose to settle on a planet like Cera unless there was some kind of personal attachment here?  Another concerning thought, but it was mixed with one of relief was that for all of the times that Nunnally had been around Milly she was thankful she had never corrupted Nunnally.
Nevertheless Maray adopted a devious smile as she did find something to use against him.

“Be careful I might hold you too it.”

“Damn it Maray!” Kayto said trying to hold back a fair amount of anger and annoyance from spilling out. “I better take it from here Lelouch and I’ll see you tomorrow…I’ll handle this bundle of evil.”

“Mou, you know that is not a nice thing to say about your sister.” Maray with a pouty expression, but Lelouch eyed the young girl suspecting it was faked somehow.

“Right I’ll see you tomorrow Kayto.” Lelouch said before departing to leave Kayto to deal with his troublesome and perverted little sister.

‘I have never felt so thankful that Nunnally never became anything like that.’

Lelouch continued home, but as he neared the apartment where he was staying at he noticed he was being followed. Someone wearing a white cloak was tailing him a safe distance behind him. At first Lelouch thought he was just being paranoid, but as they got closer to the apartment he began to believe otherwise. Contemplating his options Lelouch decided to test to see if he was being followed, so he entered an alleyway before taking off in a dash down the darkened alley in an effort to lose his follower.

After making some quick and sharp turns leading onto another street before dashing down another alleyway Lelouch stopped at a dead end where his tired out body left him breathing heavily. The enhancements his body had helped his physical conditioning, but he was still no star athlete.

“At least I…I…lost whoever was following me.” Lelouch said thinking out loud while trying to catch his breath.

“Oh it’s not nice to run from someone only wanting to help you.” A mysterious voice said that sounded distorted and otherworldly, but at the same time there was an undeniable feminine tone to it.

Lelouch quickly turned his head and saw the person, who he was sure it was a woman judging by the voice, wearing the white cloak was standing at the end of the alleyway. She was too far away and the lack of lighting in the slightly darkened alley made it difficult to see inside her hood. But there was enough light to make out the rest of her as the rest of her body save for her pale and delicate hands were covered by her cloak.

“Who are you?”

“I can’t tell you right now, because that would be just a huge spoiler. You need to play the game if you want to find out my identity.” The mysterious voice said followed by a mischievous giggle.

“What game are you talking about?”

“You know your favorite game of playing the revolutionary. Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy it at times.” The voice inquired.

“And why would I even consider playing again. There is nothing at stake for me?”

“Maybe there isn’t, but there isn’t anything to hold you back now. You got nothing to lose.”

Lelouch’s eyes narrowed in frustration before he huffed in defiance before stating. “I was motivated for the sake of my sister, finding my mother’s killer which I found out was a pointless venture in the end and then I chose to make the world a better place?”

“It doesn’t bother you that all you sacrificed for that better world ended up being enslaved and devastated?”
That struck a nerve with Lelouch. If Lelouch had better eyesight he would have seen the figure smiling from beneath the cowl of her hood. “I guess I struck a nerve didn’t I?”

“You have no idea what I have been through?”

“Are you sure, but I hope you aren’t considering suicide or anything. Because I think you once told Tohdoh that would be cowardly didn’t you?” The mysterious woman said surprising Lelouch, but this made him begin wondering if the woman was C.C. Yet in the back of his mind he knew this woman wasn’t, but he already understood that this woman probably wasn’t even going to give him her name or any information related to herself.

“Why are you bothering with me in the first place?”

“Because when motivated you are far more capable when you realize especially with the right resources at your disposal.” The hooded woman said before tossing a small object sealed inside a small container at Lelouch who managed to catch it. “That will lead you to some resources you can repurpose for your own uses, but you’ll need plenty of manpower, funds and a secret base to do this at.”

“What is it?”

“Share it with your allies…you’ll be very surprised I promise you.” The hooded woman said followed by a mischievous chuckle. “We’ll meet again in the future, but for now just know that PACT will not be the only enemy you shall face.”

“What do you mean by that? TELL ME!” Lelouch demanded in anger as what appeared to be a rip in fabric of the space-time continuum opened up blowing wind and debris around him before the woman vanished into the rip leaving no trace of her presence behind. The flow of time returned to normal and Lelouch might have written off the experience as some kind of dream.

But the small container holding whatever information he was left was proof that encounter had happened. 

Lelouch’s mind was a whirlwind of thoughts at that moment as one half of it was trying to make sense of what happened while the other was grappling with his reservations of becoming Zero once again. He had more than one reason why he passed the role over to Suzaku, because the identity of Zero and the burden that came with it left him with a lot of regret and pain. Donning the mask again would remind him of his losses such as those he never had any intention of harming and the pain of the truth of his mother and her so-called death.

Maybe it was fear of that pain that kept Zero from donning the mask once more, but deep down he felt it was more than that.

He wandered out of the alleyway completely lost in his thoughts. So lost that he bumped into someone he wasn’t expecting to be in this part of town.

“Watch where you are going Lelouch!!” Ava snapped at him, which was more than enough to shake the young man from his thoughts.

“Huh…Ava…I thought you would still be back at the school?” Lelouch asked as he quickly recovered his composure before taking a second to pocket the container he was given. He remembered that Ava was staying behind to finish up some paperwork she was required to finish and sent Kayto and him home once they had completed their tasks.

“I finished my work quicker than I had expected, but I need to make a quick stop off at the market to pick up some supplies for my apartment. The store down the street from here was having a sale I decided to take advantage of.” Ava answered before folding her arms over chest.

“I see I just didn’t expect to see you.”

“But what were you doing?” Ava said eyeing Lelouch suspiciously.

Lelouch was annoyed, but he was careful not to show it. After all he shouldn’t be surprised at Ava being suspicious at him since he had just come out of an alleyway and bumped into her so from her perspective the situation was suspicious in its own right.

But as Lelouch tried to come up with a convincing and plausible excuse Lelouch noticed something in the corner of his left eye. On one hand he might have considered it a god send that he could use it to change the subject of their discussion, but Lelouch had a feeling what he was seeing was not a good sign. Observing them for a second longer until he was certain Lelouch carefully addressed Ava.

“Ava have you noticed you are being followed?” Lelouch inquired which got the young woman’s attention, but the former Emperor was quick to add. “Don’t look at them directly, but you can see it right?”

Ava used her eyes while mindful not to make obvious movements with her head.

Just down the street near a corner was a group of five men. They were casually dressed for the most part in various clothing, so they didn’t seem to be part of any kind of gang at first glance.

“Walk with me.” Lelouch suggested while he brought out his phone in a seemingly obvious gesture to check his messages, but he was using the front-facing camera to get a look at the men which Ava observed as the two continued walking towards the market. After watching the group of men for awhile Lelouch and Ava concluded that the latter was being followed. “Any idea why they would be following you?”

“I don’t recognize them from the academy.”

“I see…as soon as we enter the market lets loose them and retreat to my apartment for the time being.” The former Emperor suggested.

“An acceptable plan…” Ava said agreeing to the plan since it was a logical move and Lelouch’s apartment was closer.
As soon as they entered the market the two quickly made their way through the rows of food and other products before making their way out through another entrance in an effort to lose them. The duo decided to cut through an alleyway to make it to Lelouch’s apartment, but as they were passing by an old building set to be condemned they were cornered by the five men who had somehow anticipated their actions.

“Don’t think we’re just some two-bit crooks.” The leader of the men said who wore a simple blue suit with a white dress shirt under it with the top three buttons undone. He had something of a beard beginning to grow around his mouth, but his brown hair had grown to shoulder length becoming unkempt. 

“Somehow I think this isn’t some attempt to mug two high school students or to attack the girl with me isn’t it?” Lelouch said as he motioned for Ava to get behind him.

“You are half-right. You are just an unfortunate kid to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, but we are after her.” The leader said pointing at Ava.

“I don’t even know any of you.” Ava snapped defiantly.

“No but your father does.” The lead thug began before his face began to twist showing signs of repressed anger. “That tight-ass had me and some of my friends here dishonorably discharged from the military for snitching on us.”

“Really so you are going after his daughter for some petty revenge then?” Lelouch said not trying to hide the disgust in his voice.

“Whatever you did I am certain it was something my father couldn’t overlook, because unlike you he is an honest man at least.” Ava countered defending her father.

“You bitch!” The lead thug said before he drew a combat knife from his jacket, but to make matters worse the other men accompanying him pulled out handguns.

“I dare not think what you are intending to do to her, but…I…am going to stop this.” Lelouch said reluctantly knowing what he had to do. He didn’t know what her father did to earn such animosity from them, but it was clear their actions in the military weren’t condoned if it was enough to get them discharged. “Ava, whatever happens from this point on I want you to stay behind me!”

“But…”

“JUST DO IT!”

Lelouch turned his attention to the thugs who merely laughed at his attempt at bravado.

“Trying to protect the girl isn’t going to save you.”

“We both know you were probably going to silence me anyway?” Lelouch said as he brought his right hand up to his eyes before using them to unveil his Geass. “Because I am going to command that you and your friends forget this plan and forget you ever saw me to instead be become contributing members to society after you rethink your lives.”

The power of his Geass took effect ensnaring the men under its power.

Ava watched in growing shock and awe as the men who had suddenly stopped advancing upon her and Lelouch had seemingly entered some kind of trance-like state just before dropping their weapons.

“Yes we’ll do as you command.”

At that instant like a group of zombies the men walked away still entranced under Lelouch’s Geass until they fulfilled his orders to the letter. Ava was rendered speechless as her mind was trying to process what just happened. But her thoughts were interrupted when Lelouch turned around and Ava’s eyes widened at the red light in Lelouch’s eyes.

“I am sorry about interfering like this, but we both know there was only one way this would have ended.”

“What…what did you do to them?”

For a moment Lelouch considered casting his Geass on her to erase her memory of what she had just seen, but he hesitated. A full minute passed before he brought his hand up to his eyes to suppress his Geass once more to avoid accidently using it on Ava.

“I simply ordered them to do something and they did it. They’ll follow my orders to the letter…that is the curse…this power I was given when I made a deal with a witch.” Lelouch answered.

“A witch?” Ava inquired which under normal circumstances she might have ridiculed the idea of witches, but after witnessing Lelouch wield a supernatural power that compelled the minds of the men who intended to do god-knows what to her to not only forget and abandon their plans, but to compel them to take their lives in new directions.

“Yes a witch…” C.C. said as she approached the two holding an umbrella, but her arrival also prompted Garibaldi to appear.

“Why are you out here?” Lelouch asked with a sour expression.

“You didn’t arrive home on time, so we began looking for you. I was able to track your movements using the tracker I put in your bag as a precaution.” Michael explained. “I guess you handled whatever trouble you were in.”

“But we have a witness.” C.C. said looking at Ava before turning to Lelouch. “Why didn’t you use your Geass to erase her memories of this event?”

“I just couldn’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because…I…I just saw no point?”

“Is this because you refuse to become Zero again?”

“Why would I to begin with?”

“I see…” C.C. said before wondering if Lelouch had an ulterior motive. “Ava wasn’t it…come with us. If you want answers I’ll answer them but this isn’t the place for a long conversation.”   

Lelouch, C.C., Ava and Garibaldi returned to the apartment complex Lelouch had been calling home before C.C. began to reveal the truth to Ava. During the course of revealing and answering her questions Garibaldi left to contact some friends in key places to ensure those men who had gone after Ava would not become a problem in the future.

He would also ensure that Ava’s father would not be concerned about her whereabouts and take care of that as well.
Lelouch was strangely silent throughout the entire exchange between C.C. and Ava, which he couldn’t tell how long it had lasted it but he felt it was a good couple hours. 

“So what Lelouch told us about his past was…a half-truth?”

“No it was technically true, but he just left out some details.” C.C. corrected while waving her hand in a dismissive gesture. “Sitting there is a high school student, who in the span of one year conquered the entire world while building up from scratch one of the most formidable armies the world had ever known, which he then outmaneuvered and defeated even quickly when they betrayed him. His intellect and natural talent as a leader and strategist were key factors, but the power I gave him is what enabled him to accomplish those goals.”

“I see…” Ava said with a hint of surprise and a bit of jealously at what Lelouch had accomplished when he lived on Earth. If anyone else had told him this she might have thought the one telling her the story was insane, but when she saw Lelouch’s power in action she was willing to keep an open mind at least.

“We have been trying to help him adjust to his new surroundings while working to get him to take up the mantle of Zero once again.”

“To what end?”

“To become the leader of a new incarnation of the Black Knights to stop Compact who has become PACT from invading the Neutral Rim as the beginning stepping stone to conquer the galaxy, which they will once they have built up their forces to sufficient size. We probably have less than ten years at best, but hopefully more than five if we are lucky.”

“Are you…sure of this?”

“Yes we have someone deeply embedded within their highest ranks who have confirmed Arcadius’s intentions.”

“But why Zero couldn’t the alliance and the neutral rim unify against the threat with the evidence you have?”

“Most of the neutral rim worlds, specifically the larger and more powerful of them, including Cera are convinced such a thing would never happen. The Alliance is similar, but there are those who believe otherwise but they cannot change the minds of their leaders so they are preparing an alternative.”

“Zero…” Ava asked which C.C. nodded in confirmation.

“We have made some friends in certain places among some of the military and industrial sectors thanks to Mr. Garibaldi and my own contacts I have been building up since I left Earth. Of course I have a few other friends you have yet to meet who have been gathering some resources together to use as a good foundation to rebuild the Black Knights.” The green haired woman said while Lelouch remained silent.

Ava deciding to address Lelouch rose from the chair she had been sitting in the entire time she had been talking to C.C. learning how Lelouch had become Zero, built up the Black Knights, led his war against Britannia and ultimately how he became Emperor leading up to his demise.

Much to the surprise of Lelouch and C.C. the brown-haired woman grabbed Lelouch by the scruff of his coat and lifted him up glaring at him before she shouted.

“You IDIOT!” Ava snapped before she continued in a lower tone, but the seriousness and anger didn’t diminish as it was evident on her face. “You have an opportunity to do something that I could never accomplish and you are just wasting it. You can actually bring about a real change where an average person like me could never come close to accomplishing what you could do.”

“You mean I conquered my own world before I was even nineteen?”

“Yet I wonder what if are really capable of what these people believe, so why are you against it?”

“Because I don’t have a stake in this. I became Zero for revenge and for the sake of my sister, so why should it matter?”

Ava’s eyes narrowed before something dawned on her as she asked. “Is this because you seek to be punished still?”

“What?”

“You had yourself assassinated not only because it was part of your plan, but you sought to punish yourself right?”
Lelouch was silent, but it was that silence that told Ava all he needed to know.

“If you seek punishment for yourself then live and become Zero again. If you fear that mask so much then let it be the prison you wear…your punishment for whatever sins you bare. You will wear it and become the man that is needed who will endeavor to the bitter end. Beyond all that's decent and then you can die.” Ava said with words and a drive that surprised Lelouch, but yet those words had sounded familiar in a sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He had spoken similar words when he spoke to Kyoshiro Tohdoh when he sought to die to join his leader, but instead he had convinced him to join his side. The conversation came to mind as he remembered it.

“I pledged my loyalty to General Katase. Now that he's dead I wish to die too.” Tohdoh spoke from his destroyed cell. 

“Don't be a coward!” Lelouch declared as Zero.

“What?!” 

“You must take responsibility, responsibility for the miracle that you made.” Zero began to speak as he had Tohdoh’s attention. “The Area 11 resistance movement is more intense than that of any other area because Japan surrendered before exhausting all of its military strength. You've failed to continue the great hope known as the miracle of Itsukushima.”

“You're saying it's my fault?”

“Yes. People grasp at illusions because they're desperate for miracles. Why else has there been such rampant use of refrain? You must endeavor to the bitter end. Beyond all that's decent and then you can die. Until the name Tohdoh the Miracle has grown ragged and tattered.”

Back in the present a small smile appeared on Lelouch’s face as he realized that Ava was right and his own words from the past was also true because to cower now would betray himself. He knew suicide was a cowardly act and he would never do a repeat of the Zero Requiem. The idea of changing the galaxy through intrigued him, even though he had no stake in it. Then Ava’s suggestion to embrace the role of Zero once more for the sake of both redemption and punishment for his past sins even though he knew he would likely never be forgiven, but maybe the effort would be worth something.

“Very well…this Geass I accept.” Lelouch said as Ava released him bringing a smile to C.C’s face.

“Now you are truly alive again Lelouch.”  The green haired immortal said before turning to Ava. “Since you have succeeded where I have failed to get Lelouch back to his old self I have a gift for you Ava.”

Before Lelouch or Ava could ask the mark of Geass began to glow on C.C’s forehead before Ava was seemingly transported into a white void, a void he had seen when C.C. spoke words that would change his life forever.

“My gift to you shall be the power of the king. I shall propose a deal between us, which in exchange for this power we may call on you in the future to aid us should the need arise.” C.C. spoke from a location Ava could not perceive her while within whatever supernatural realm she had been dragged into. “Accept this contract, and you accept its conditions. While living in the world of humans, you will live unlike any other: a different providence, a different time, a different life. The Power of the King will condemn you to a life of solitude, or not if you are capable. Are you prepared for this Ava Crescentia?”

Ava contemplated her choice, but she knew her life would be changed forever beyond this moment.

Updated: May 31, 2016, 05:50:51 pm
And here is chapter four....enjoy

Chapter 4
New Foundations

Months have passed since that faithful night, but as far as people like Kayto Shields and others outside of Lelouch, C.C., Ava and those aligned with them were concerned nothing had changed. Yet for Lelouch his mind was already active and he felt refreshed in a sense, but at the same he felt nothing but concerned for Ava who accepted C.C’s contact without hesitation despite knowing the problems and tragedies that could arise from the use of her new Geass.

Even more worrying was the fact that her Geass was exactly like his, although he made explaining how it worked a lot easier, but Lelouch was concerned she might fall into the same trap as he did especially when he began overusing it.

‘She is not the first person to gain a Geass like yours Lelouch if you remember your half-sister Marrybell.’ C.C. had told him that night while he did recall that one of his sisters through his uncle V.V. had gained a Geass exactly like his. He was told then that sometimes it was possible for some people to gain the same Geass power held by others, although sometimes it was rare especially when one possessor of such a power existed still.

Thankfully it seemed that Ava was being far more reserved with the power than he was, because since she had received it Lelouch hasn’t noticed any signs to suggest she has used it yet.

“So you are joining the navy.” Lelouch said causally, but deep down he wasn’t too surprised.

“Your reaction is different from Kayto’s.”

“Well it’s hardly surprising somehow, although I admit it was either the military or politics I could see you taking a career in.”

“Politics?” Ava inquired raising an eyebrow as she moved a white chess piece before Lelouch moved a black piece in respond continuing their chess game.

The two were sitting inside the Student Council room where it was a rare day where there was no paper work or reports that needed to be done, so while waiting for Kayto to show up for the meeting Ava and Lelouch began playing a game of chess. 

“Based on my own experiences I think you would do exceptionally well in either the military or politics, but I wonder if you would be better suited for the political field?” Lelouch said thinking out loud.

“I see, but I will join the military as my father before me did.”

“Ok then I won’t ask about it any further.”

This was the final day that Lelouch and Ava would graduate while despite starting late in the school year Lelouch had caught up and earned enough grades to pass ensuring he would graduate with top honors despite his late start and the fact he needed to be extensively educated on a large number of different subjects to ensure he would pass. Kayto on the other hand would only have one year left before he would graduate as well but he would be taking over Ava’s position as Student Council President thanks to Lelouch helping him during the student council elections. It helped that Kayto didn’t have much in terms of competition, which all but ensured a landslide victory for him.

It also seemed there were some who wanted holowear for their uniforms as well too and one of Kayto’s goals as the new president would be to push for it, so that helped his campaign. 

As if on cue Kayto entered the room breathing hard as it seemed that the white-haired youth had been running a marathon.

“You’re late Kayto!” Ava’s authoritative voice boomed.

“I am sorry I got held back for some last minute exams, but I got it done and I am free for the rest of the day.” Kayto said rubbing the back of his head with a smile, which only served to annoy Ava further. 

“I find that unlikely, but now that you are here we can take care of this council’s final duties for the year.”

“Uh you know they’ll probably just stuff all this into a box and just toss it into a room in the basement with similar boxes to see the light of day.” Kayto said trying to convince Ava that doing paperwork on what would be the final day of school was ultimately pointless.

“Rubbish we will complete our last day of duty as members of the Student Council and while I am still president the paperwork shall be done.” Ava declared with her arms crossed over her chest.

“You are never going to win that battle Kayto.” Lelouch said lazily knowing the outcome was already a foregone conclusion, although he didn’t quite understand why Ava insisted on waiting on Kayto before they began working as it could’ve saved them time. “The only time you might win against Ava in such an argument is if you outrank her in a more official capacity.”

“I highly doubt something like that will happen.” Ava said confidently.

“I am not sure about that…times can always change.” Kayto replied nervously, although he highly doubted such thing a thing would happen.

‘Yeah right Kayto like you would ever become Ava’s superior at anything.' The white-haired young man thought while laughing at himself finding the very idea absurd.

Lelouch on the other hand was a little different.

‘Ava is the more diligent and efficient between the two, but her empathy issues and lack of,’ Lelouch was thinking before his thoughts trialed off for a moment trying to find the right words, ‘people skills we could say could see someone like Kayto evaluated to a command position over her due to his ability to work better with and inspire others.’

Their efforts to finish up the last of the accumulated reports and stacks of papers lasted well into the night, but a complication arose when a blizzard hit effectively trapping them in the school. Lelouch had almost wanted to burn the piles of paperwork just to get rid of it at this point while he was sure Kayto was of a similar mind.

“Ava this is crazy…we are never going to finish all of this!” Kayto finally said dropping his upper torso onto the desk in front him with a look of exhaustion on his face.

“Unless we can have more people assist us we are never going to get this done unless we spend the entire night doing this, and we have the graduation ceremony tomorrow…which I should also remind you that you have a speech to give too.” Lelouch added as he continued working, but his own hands were sore from handling so much paperwork.

“Yes I am keenly aware of that, but that doesn’t change anything!” Ava answered stubbornly. “This work needs to get done.”

Kayto and Lelouch exchanged looks as their situation seemed hopeless, but with a blizzard raging they had little choice. However there was a chance the blizzard could die down allowing the three a break for it to leave the school grounds and return home if they just waited for the right moment. Realizing something drastic had to done with Lelouch and Kayto not interested in spending their last night together as a Student Council doing paperwork all night while trapped in the school with a blizzard raging around them.

Eventually somebody had to snap.

“THAT’S IT!” Kayto shouted in defeat as he hurled the stack of paperwork he had been working on into the air much to the shock of Ava. “I hereby declare myself an enemy of paperwork for life. From this day on Kayto Shields shall never touch another shred of paperwork as long as I live.”

“I second that for I Lelouch Lamperouge declare paperwork an enemy of humanity!” Lelouch said joining his friend as he hurled his own stack of paperwork into the air.

Ava looked at them as if both boys had lost their minds, but against all expectations Ava began laughing.

Kayto and Lelouch looked at Ava with eyes wide in surprise feeling they had just observed a law of nature being broken. Both of them had been expecting Ava to verbally chew them out for what they did, but enjoying a lighthearted laugh was something no one would have ever suspected. The two teenagers didn’t dare to say anything until Ava spoke.
“You’re right it’s pointless…they’ll just stuff all of this into that storage room in the basement. They don’t even look at it, not even the budget reports for that matter.” Ava said tossing her own stack of paperwork to the side much to Kayto’s shock. 

“I see so it’s true then the club budget is decided by the school and not the Student Council then?” Lelouch said as he decided to voice something else had he noticed during his time.

“Yes that is right. No matter how well we balance it and prepare it they always ignore it for what the school has been using for years.” Ava replied before asking. “When did you figure it out?”

“Within a few days.”

“Wait…then all of those late evenings we spent trying to balance the budget was for nothing.” Kayto said dismayed that was time wasted.

“Yes Kayto the Student Council has no real power and merely acts as something the students can direct their voices and complaints to without bothering the teachers. They do some planning and help coordinate events, but nothing else beyond that.” Ava explained sagely. 

“And you…knew about this?” An exasperated Kayto asked.

“I found out a few days after I became the new President yes.”

“Then what chance do I have of petitioning for new holowear uniforms?” The white haired student asked in dismay.

“I would say probably none at all.” Ava replied flatly. “You are welcomed to try and maybe you might get lucky since I have heard that all other schools around Cera City have updated their uniforms to holowear.”

“I wonder how many previous members of the student council were even aware of that?” Lelouch asked deciding to act and help ease the frustration Kayto felt knowing that his actions as the next Student Council President will have little impact on the school.

“I suppose it’s not hard to imagine that some were aware of it while others probably didn’t care either way.” The brown-haired teen replied with a dismissive hand gesture. “I had wanted my own term as Student Council President to be different through, but in the end I did nothing meaningful and no one was grateful towards my attempts for change at this school.”

“Don’t blame yourself...” Lelouch began with a bored expression on his face. “This is a school full of a teenagers who are blissfully arrogant for the most part of what troubles adult life will bring and they are trying to keep up the illusion their lives will be forever mind-numbingly ordinary just trying to squeeze as much time their teenage years will give them.”

“That’s pretty harsh Lelouch.” Kayto said looking at him while cocking an eyebrow.

“I guess I wanted my own life at least to be…more interesting instead of the same old day-to-day routine most people go through like zombies.” Lelouch said, but Ava knew his life prior to his death was certainly anything but normal.

“I see your point, but still…” Ava said as it was clear her lack of achieving any meaningful accomplishments during her term was hitting her pretty hard.

“Don’t worry about it and when you are in the military you’ll be in a better position to make a difference than you could at an ordinary high-school. You could very well end up saving the lives of people about to be killed or taken to become slaves by pirates or stop a band of criminals…you will have more opportunities if making a difference is something you want.”  Lelouch said trying to lift Ava’s spirits, but her stone cold face and lack of expressions made it difficult to gauge her exact feelings.

Kayto on the other hand having known Ava for much longer knew this wasn’t doing much to help her, but when he noticed the snow had stopped their chance to get out of the school before the blizzard hits again had come.

“Hey it stopped snowing outside, so if we’re going to go then we better go now.” Kayto suggested grabbing his bag.
The trio wasted no time leaving the school in the hopes of escaping the blizzard should the heavy snowfall reassume, although it was possible the blizzard was over and it has passed but no one was sure. The three were walking down the street together coming up to where the trio would part ways, but before that happened Lelouch who was in deep thought decided to say something.

“Let me tell you something a close friend and…another I knew talked about when we were children.”

“We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form.” Lelouch thought looking down at his hand for a moment imagining holding a beautifully crafted piece of glass. “If I'm not mistaken, I think it was my best friend at the time that said that the shape of happiness might resemble glass.”

“Glass isn’t that fragile…” Kayto began, but after giving it some thought he reconsidered his answer. “Then again happiness can be fragile, so I guess that fits.”

“Yes his reasoning made sense after you think about it. He said that even though you don't usually notice it, it’s still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently.”

“Not bad, but why tell us?”

“Even if our time together seems to be short or your time as children to teenagers seemed short before leaving childhood behind forever...I imagine you had plenty of moments. Even if you feel like nothing significant happened surely there had to have been good moments and you just need to change your point of view to see those moments for something better.” Lelouch said while Kayto realized it was more for Ava, but even Kayto had to admit for the times Ava has been cold, unyielding and extremely strict there were some good moments at times.

The incident with the anti-gravity generator was funny, although he knew Ava had a different opinion, but he saw Lelouch’s point and he agreed with it.

Ava on the other hand remained silent and was in deep thought but she cast a glance at Kayto causing her normally expressionless face to soften.

“Anyway I’ll see you two tomorrow for the graduation ceremony.” Lelouch said bidding Kayto and Ava good night.

“See you around Lelouch.” Kayto said waving farewell to his friend.

‘I hope we’ll all meet again in the future sometime after we graduate.’ Kayto thought as he watched Lelouch depart before he followed Ava back to the apartment complex they lived in.

One week later a transport vessel was traveling through space using warp. Using information provided to the mysterious being who had visited Lelouch months ago C.C. had some friends and former Compact members Suzaku had helped smuggled out of PACT space who had become disillusioned with how much their leader and founder had changed. They had gone to the coordinates Lelouch was given in the data he was given and had found something.

Now that Lelouch has graduated and gotten use to his new surroundings C.C. with Michael were heading to rendezvous with the others at Nomodorn Corridor.

The Nomodorn Corridor was a large and uncharted sector in the galaxy with only one known habitable planet, but otherwise no nation or organization other than criminals and pirates frequent the area. Even then pirate activity was fairly low except when they are trying to evade the law by hiding somewhere in the uncharted sector.

The place in particular they were going to was called the Mnemosyne Abyss.

According to what C.C. had told him Lelouch was led to understand that the Mnemosyne Abyss which is rumored by the inhabitants of the single planet in the sector to have been the site of an ancient battle thousands of years ago. There were many ghost stories about the site and of course tales of those who had attempted to explore it had never returned.

“How much longer until we arrive?” Lelouch asked as he sat in a chair on the small bridge of the transport vessel.

“Shouldn’t be long now, but I think you are going to like what we found.” Garibaldi said a smile.

“Something I should know already?” The former emperor demanded impatiently.

“I think it’s better if you see it for yourself.” C.C. replied before the ship dropped out of wrap having reached its destination.

It took Lelouch less than a moment to take in the scene before him, but his eyes went wide in awe at the sight before him while his mind was going into overdrive. Outside the windows of the bridge Lelouch beheld a graveyard of ships. All around them the space was filled with ships of a dagger-shaped design, but they were unlike any of the ships he had studied since his revival so they were not Solar Alliance or even Cera ships.

“These ships according to Lloyd are possibly Ryuvian Battle Cruisers taking into account their fairly light armament and size.” C.C. explained as Lelouch wondered about the name she mentioned.

“Lloyd as in Lloyd Asplund?” Lelouch asked as he was shocked yet again without time to recover from seeing the ancient starship graveyard around them.

“Yes, but unlike Milly and her accident Lloyd converted his body over time from human to cyborg and cyborg into android to live well beyond his years to continue his pursuit for science.” The green haired witch said with an off-hand dismissive gesture.

“Why I do I get the feeling he probably got kicked out of four scientific institutions along the way?”

“Six actually…” C.C. corrected in a matter of fact tone. “I am sure you can guess what factors saw him booted out. The one place he lasted the longest was at Diode before the disaster that destroyed it, but I guess even the one place in the galaxy where the Alliance and New Empire at the time had sent scientists deemed too dangerous found him too much to handle.”

It might have worried someone else, but Lelouch didn’t seem too bothered by it.

“So I take it he is very familiar with these ships.” Lelouch said deciding to change the subject and return to the matter at hand of what was before them.

“Yes although Lloyd isn’t sure of what type of vessel they are he is certain they are Ryuvian Battle Cruisers and dating analysis puts them at least around two thousand years old.” C.C. began to explain, but this prompted Lelouch to ask.

“Why hasn’t anyone else found this place…I mean it’s not exactly hard to miss.” Lelouch said gesturing to all of the floating derelict ships around them.

“Of course, but between the ghost stories about this place and the information you were given I think we know why this place has remained untouched for so long.” The green-haired woman answered before Lelouch deduced what she probably meant going off of the information on hand.

“Those ships are capable of functioning aren’t they?”

“That is right, because as it turns out that gigantic ship in the center of this graveyard.” C.C. said pointing at the largest ship in the graveyard which was at least over three kilometers in length easily dwarfing most of the ships around it. “Like the other ships it’s still functional, but it’s in a short of sleep mode right now.”

“But if someone disturbs it or does something to alert it to the presence of possible enemy vessels a defensive measure is triggered.”

“Correct, this is why Lloyd has been conducting a very delicate and careful salvage operation. The information advises we leave the dreadnought alone and focus on the smaller ships to avoid triggering the remote reaction of those ships. As part of another precaution we remove the power cores and computer cores in reach ship as an additional safety measure.”

“I see, so what are we doing with them?”

“We are using a specialized salvage freighter used to tow and move large cargo including ships up to a certain size to a safer location.” The green-haired immortal explained as she gestured out the windows of the bridge to a ship they were approaching. It wasn’t a Ryuvian ship, but rather it looked like a very large freighter of some kind designed to carry large amounts of cargo or tow a large ship. “It was difficult, but Lloyd and Michael had some connections to get us that ship to move the cruisers to another location where if they can be restored and repurposed for our uses we begin repairing those ships using parts we salvage from the other ships deemed too extensively damaged to be of any use other than spare parts.”

“Is that it?”

“No we do find some interesting trinkets and Ryder parts, so anything we can’t really use Lloyd has been selling them to some black market dealers and others for some funds to help finance our salvage operations.”

“I see…”

A short time later the transport ship docked with the much larger Atlas-class transport and salvage freighter named the Kobayashi Maru. It was primarily blue and gray, but it was clear from the wear on the hull and paint that it had seen better days. Walking aboard the ship Lelouch in the company of C.C and Michael were greeted by another familiar face Lelouch recognized almost instantly despite some white streaks along the sides of his blue hair.

He wore a black trench coat over a white dress shirt and black pants and matching boots. He still had the gold metallic eyepiece around his left eye, but other than the white streaks he looked almost the same along with his tan complexion.

“Your majesty it is good to see you returned to the world of the living again.” Jeremiah Gottwald said before bowing crispy to his Emperor, despite no longer actually being an Emperor.

“It's good to see another familiar face, although I am surprised you are still alive after so many years as well as being loyal to me even though I died.” Lelouch said respectfully.

“Thank you…and hearing those words made the years I have waited for your return all the more worth it.”

“Of course, but now that I am here please bring me up to speed.” Lelouch requested before Jeremiah gestured for him to follow.

“Lloyd is busy overseeing the removal of another computer core from one of the almost intact vessels we have recovered so far bringing the total up to four ships.”

“How many have been completely dismantled so far?”

“Three of them, but most of the ships furthest away from the dreadnought at the center are the most intact and well-preserved of the vessels while further in the damage to some of them is quite extensive.”

“So whatever devastated these ships came from that dreadnought at the heart of this graveyard?” Lelouch asked prompting Jeremiah to nod his head in confirmation.

“The Holy Ryuvian Empire at its peak was the most powerful galactic superpower in history with technology and weapons capable of unbelievable feats. It was said they even had weapons capable of potentially wiping out all life in the galaxy.” Jeremiah explained to Lelouch who listened carefully to his explanations. “Fortunately when it collapsed due to internal strife and civil war among successors for the throne of the Empire the galaxy was merely sent back to the dark ages having to rebuild itself from scratch than be completely destroyed.”

“I see…” Lelouch said before looking out at the graveyard through one of the viewport windows on the hull. The former Emperor tried to picture what the battle must have been like in the past, which given the amount of the ships floating adrift and the damage seemingly caused by the dreadnought gave Lelouch some ideas to how destructive the battle here must have been like roughly two thousand years ago.

Yet in the back of his mind he wondered why Earth wasn’t part of the Holy Ryuvian Empire before it collapsed considering it existed for thousands of years before its fall.

“Well hello there…back from the dead are we?” A very familiar and almost playfully mocking voice greeted.
Lelouch and the group came across a tall man with lavender hair and grayish-blue eyes with large glasses worn over them. Lloyd was wearing his trademark lab coat over his shirt and he wore the same black pants and shoes as before too. Like before when Lelouch had gotten to know him better as Emperor of Britannia the infamous Earl of Pudding was wearing a smile even through it was fake.

“Well Lloyd I must say I am surprised to see you as well too.”

“It helps I converted almost every part of me into a machine with an android body carrying my brain.” Lloyd lazily explained before pointing to his head where the only part of him still organic was kept. “I made a lot of improvements and upgrades over time and now I can do a lot more.”

“I know why Jeremiah has joined me again, but why are you here?”

“That is because working for you is a lot more interesting than anyone else I have worked for and I’ll have some excuses to branch out and do some new projects. Of course I really must thank you for this information on finding this graveyard of ships which is probably the biggest collection of Lost Technology in the galaxy.” Lloyd answered as he looked out at the graveyard, but unlike Lelouch his eyes sparked like he was a kid who has just been given the ok to clear out a candy store.

‘Somehow I seriously doubt we can restore every single ship, but if these ships are as capable as I am being told even a handful of them would give me an edge over most pirate fleets and even some military vessels too.’ Lelouch thought as his mind was already going over the possibilities.

“Any your majesty…” Jeremiah began, but Lelouch interrupted him.

“Jeremiah you are aware I am no longer an Emperor so you don’t have to call me that.”

“I know, but it is out of respect and loyalty I refer to you as such.”

“I suppose that is fine," Lelouch said knowing he might win this argument so he settled for a compromise. "Be mindful that you do not do it in public away from people aware of my true identity.” The black-haired former Emperor warned.

“I shall do so if you command it.” Jeremiah said with a quick bow.

“Alright…”

“I think it’s time Lelouch should meet everyone else.”  C.C. said deciding to move things along.

“Right I’ll gather everyone for the meeting.” Jeremiah said using a hidden communicator in the collar of his trench coat.
Lelouch felt slightly nervous at meeting the people who were gathered together by Suzaku with help from C.C. and others to become founding members of a new Order of the Black Knights. He didn’t doubt his own abilities, but he was mindful of the fact that he was working with strangers and not people knew. They might share some common interest, but that was all at best through.

‘It might be difficult to win their trust, but I must do it if I want the Black Knights to rise again.’

Still Lelouch knew he had a long way to go before he could rebuild the Black Knights, but from what he saw C.C. and the others gather together for him so far it was a nice change of pace to have better materials to build a strong foundation upon. From the foundation made up of the derelict ships floating around in the graveyard Lelouch would have a strong foundation to work with.

‘I just need to win them over now.’
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:50:51 pm by Sephiroth12285 »

Offline WeAreTheMeta

Wow, been a while, going to read it now~

Offline Sephiroth12285

Yeah....the third chapter was a pain to do. I had a third time with the last half of it trying to get it to feel right which is why it took me so long.

Offline Sephiroth12285

I have decided to include the link for the fifth chapter here to fanfiction.net where I have posted chapters five through eight so far.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523652/5/Sunrider-The-Mask-of-Zero