Author Topic: Hyperia 2: Day 5 Lambs to the Slaughter.  (Read 7944 times)

Offline Pal

Re: Hyperia 2: Day 5 Lambs to the Slaughter.
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2016, 03:54:34 am »
Probably just afk/business.

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Offline Merne23

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2016, 05:01:12 am »
My guess is that Gamer gave up a post after some point, and then let it roll for the luls.

May Rev's posing as the aggressive PGO be a lesson to us all. May this Mafia be short-lived, and may we all recognize that when we're all crazy, the world seems sane.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline mrgw4

« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:15 am »
Eh... So you're telling me that the only way to eliminate the Mafia was to literally guess and check the shit out of everyone? So there was no way for us to win with any sort of real logic or reasoning? Ok... But that's about as good as how we play it in school... (except swap the Jailor with a Doctor, and Vanilla Townies instead of Compulsive Visitors) Also, Mafia aligned PGOs? Doesn't that exact wiki say that they're TOWN ALIGNED ONLY?

There was strategy to it. The investigator could have found people and pointed out that the people claiming visitor were all cosher or have lucked out on the maf. Everyone else could have noticed from the body count the same. The mafia didn't know your role and having pgo likely makes them feel like a safe claim due to it normally being a townie role which in this case was a trap. There was also only 2 mafia so their numbers were down. The point of the game was partially to introduce the forum to the idea that 2 people with the same role might not be lying. But I probably failed to do that.
yes everything I say can and will have a typo in it.

Offline WeAreTheMeta

« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2016, 06:41:50 am »
My personal feeling is that one of the aim is that NOBODY should feel worthless.
Unlike the IRL mafia, here we were all using role and all. That made it a lot more likely for town to win, but it also meant everyone felt useful.
Here, you had a lot of player, myself included, that didn't feel useful, or at less that's what I felt because I couldn't do anything.
IRL, random guess are possible, you can listen to try and guess who it is that moves at night and all...
But here? Not so much.
I'm not saying it's impossible to work, but with only two power role, our only hope was that our investigator got luck by finding the right guy, and not being killed by PGO.

All in all, I'm not AS salty as I was for hyperia 1 over our defeat.

But I'm still salty as the Dead Sea.

Elvis Strunk [Aug 10, 2016, 12:40:11 am]:   Meta is eternally a loli~
Arraxis [Sep 23, 2016, 11:37:43 pm]:   Love you too Meta

Offline Pal

« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2016, 07:08:51 am »
* Pal uses the salty meta to flavor some food, and make dried beef, plus some jerky *

Heinrike [Nov 10, 2016, 11:00:11 am]: I'm bored too, but otherwise bored  Elvis Strunk [Dec 14, 2015, 01:43:59 AM]: Would make it easier to keep track of all the characters, at least. "They're all dead."
Eonymia [Dec 15, 2016, 10:14:17 pm]: Losers don't win, do drugs Arraxis [Feb 18, 2017, 03:12:47 am]: Slither me timbers

Online Arraxis

« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2016, 07:43:22 am »
At least I was right about Titor. See, I TOLD you that I was likely to be a Mafia role! I think I was a little frustrated at the end and chose to suicide against Rev in the hope that SOMEONE had a tracker roll to prove something. I don't recall it was so long ago.

Offline WhydidIbuytheunionfrigate

« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2016, 12:44:25 pm »
There was strategy to it. The investigator could have found people and pointed out that the people claiming visitor were all cosher or have lucked out on the maf. Everyone else could have noticed from the body count the same. The mafia didn't know your role and having pgo likely makes them feel like a safe claim due to it normally being a townie role which in this case was a trap. There was also only 2 mafia so their numbers were down. The point of the game was partially to introduce the forum to the idea that 2 people with the same role might not be lying. But I probably failed to do that.

Alright, alright, I see. Maybe I was too conservative in my thinking... Nah, I think this game was a wake up call for us. I guess we can't keep expecting the same results/roles/strategies to work. Although I'm impressed that you chose a set up from the wiki, I was planning on looking at those later for future use anyways...

At least I was right about Titor. See, I TOLD you that I was likely to be a Mafia role! I think I was a little frustrated at the end and chose to suicide against Rev in the hope that SOMEONE had a tracker roll to prove something. I don't recall it was so long ago.

Ah... Yeah sorry about that. I didn't want to concede to your plan because I was too focused on proving that not all the Visitors were Townies... I admit, I was wrong, you were right.

(I made the second Pic)

FE Games Played (Finished): Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn
FE Games Playing (or hiatus): Sacred Stones, Genealogy of the Holy War, Binding Blade

Offline Duke Rockhopper

« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:09 pm »
I for one welcome new strategies. It's boring if you use the same tactics every time :P

* Duke draws a small tally mark on his "Night 1 deaths" list. He will remember this...

Hopefully I won't join the list of usual first-death suspects :D

The Bigfoot: Curse you penguins! I knew all that waddling and falling around was a bluff|woolyshambler: frankly i'm surprised the genetically enhanced mutant penguins hadn't shown up sooner. you could say i've been expecting them. |GreyCat: duke could be better at spelling, but he chooses instead to spend his time focusing on arse|The Meta concedes Penguins are better|Deeox2: Looked like the commbox collectively lost it. Nice.|Jynx: Yandere Duke scares me... A lot.|Deeox2: Hey. It ain't lewd. I'm just waiting for Duke to kiss me|Elvis Strunk: Silly Duke. I am the woman, you are the penguin.

Offline Geocorn

« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2016, 04:41:00 pm »
My survival was a personal best! Would have been even longer if mrgw had allowed me to imprison myself on the night I was killed like I had tried to do lol.

Offline John Titor

Re: Hyperia 2: Day 4 Rivals
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2016, 07:02:54 pm »
* Revontulet bows to Sir Titor, known for his good taste in all things ZR~

Been a pleasure slaying everyone with you sir~ This, literally, was a long time coming!  8)

The pleasure was all mine, my dear Sir.

We did get a lucky, though. Until the double kill on Night 3 (one due to my PGO) I thouht we were never gona win.

Arraxis and Whybuy: you two played very well , with a bit more luck or one more vote on me on day...4? It would've been game over for us

Duke,Merne: sorry I killed you off so early, but we considered you a huge threat, and killing Arraxis too early would've put a huge target on us, as he was the one who still drew away some suspicion from us and also tried to lynh us.

Geo,Vethand: you played well also, but your roles made you all far too dangerous to live. And both of you were on the right track suspecting us.

The rest: nice game!

To the GM: I was surprised at first with what we ended up finding about the setup, but it really was less haotic and more skill or plain skilled RP based than the previous ones. Bravo!
You do get an award for the LONGEST NIGHT in MAFIA

Grusse von Deutchland!

Currently playing through all western released FE games
Completed: Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones, Fire Emblem Awakening, FE: PoR, FE: RD (Hard Mode Complete), FE: SD, Fe Fates
Playing:  Fe Conquest Lunatic
Mafia Awards : Cockblocker, I will drive you to School

Offline Merne23

Re: Hyperia 2: Day 4 Rivals
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2016, 07:44:40 pm »
Duke,Merne: sorry I killed you off so early, but we considered you a huge threat, and killing Arraxis too early would've put a huge target on us, as he was the one who still drew away some suspicion from us and also tried to lynh us.

Why does everyone think this...

What with misplays like realizing the game was wandering Townies without powers, but not telling everyone that power roles should be our targets, tossing suspicion on someone without having anything come of it, and just plain not communicating.

woolyshambler [Aug16, 2015, 10:13PM]: ah Merne, they should give you the RP guru badge. [Aug24, 2016, 07:54 pm]:   WeAreTheMeta believes one day Merne went to the sea. From that day on the sea has been salty. Gamerjunkie [Jan04, 2017, 12:09 am]: So wait. Are... are you masturbating right in front of Sylvia? Deeox2 [Feb26, 2017, 02:03am]: SO WE GET ON ANOTHER BOAT AND FUCK OFF TO ANTARCTICA. Revontulet [Apr07, 2017, 06:30am]: gotta seize the day like a tentacle monster Beemu seizes a busty Hein

Offline Verthand

« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:37 am »
Oh well I guess i should have been more honest in the game. I tried to be go with the standard strategy of not saying i was the investigator until i found one mafia, even though I had the feeling titor and revont where the mafia =(

Here is my pm for night 2 action to mrgw:

Hi hi dear mrgrw

Just wanted to share my thoughts about this mafia and why i changed my target. I knew there was something up when you sent me my role with no 50% chance of finding the investigated person role, and we have 3 ppl claiming "compulsive visitor" and I know one of them is town.

My guess is that ppl die in this game not being my a mafia or sk kill action, but by a visiting someone they shouldnt and getting killed. That would explain why I also wouldnt get the 50% role finding, since I would be dead if i investigated a mafia, and we wouldnt need that many protective roles, so a town made of compulsive visitors, a detective and jailer with ppl getting killed by their own night actions... sounds fun lol

Anywayz thats just my guess I may be completely wrong, and investigating meta will pretty much prove Arraxis is town aswell, and since I know Pal is town alredy and Geo is dead townie, and probbly we will have one more dead person tomorrow, I will be able to know half of players allignment by the end of night 2, if I stay alive of course... >.<

Or perhaps im thinking too much and should have just investigated gj lol

Damn it Im feeling bad now >.<

woolyshambler [Sep 09, 2015, 04:28:48 PM]:   don't let anyone say i don't love you vert.
Amber Lee Connors [VOICE] [Jan 27, 2016, 10:23:00 PM]: Dominatrix Ava is now canon in my heart.
WeAreTheMeta [Oct 11, 2016, 06:22:37 pm]: I shall rewrite the constitution so that France become a loligarchy!
Deeox2 [Oct 17, 2016, 04:32:39 pm]: I'm pretty sure Eli is fucking literally everyone in WoolRPG, mang.