Author Topic: Voice Acting  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Shirley

Voice Acting
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:29:09 pm »
Uhh...question (and since you have no other forum topics (as of March 5, 2014) I thought I would post this here), how long can the voice acting be for the Ace Pilot tier? I am trying to figure out dialogue for it.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline PentaX

Re: Voice Acting
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:44:26 am »
Ace Pilot tier?

It's quite flexible. Just keep in mind that you're going to be shot down in 3 minutes. You're free to submit as much as you like but it might not appear all at once in a single duel with your machine.

Offline hellgod

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:12 am »
im going to enjoy this......

Offline Shirley

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 07:08:03 pm »
Ace Pilot tier?

It's quite flexible. Just keep in mind that you're going to be shot down in 3 minutes. You're free to submit as much as you like but it might not appear all at once in a single duel with your machine.

im going to enjoy this......

..........Perfect. That gives me the chance to record a lot of dialogue. What I have planned is in just the right amount of time (with extra space and dialogue that some people won't hear and isn't important).
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Because you all suck and need to lighten up  Me In a Nutshell
KomiTsuku [Sep 22, 2015, 03:43:44 PM]:But tentacle monsters are our friends. BITE ME UNIVERSE [Oct 16, 2016, 09:21:04 pm]:   because one type of forbidden love just isn't enough Afro-Kun [Facebook Nov 21, 2015, 22:40:01 PM]: "I WAS JUST HANDED TEA AND THEN; Friend: "I put the tea in "NTR"!" FRIEND PLS"

Offline hellgod

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:03 am »
is this your first REAL voice acting thing that would be published?

Offline hellgod

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:41 am »
if so im sure this will get you some publicity that you need!

ill be looking forward to it!

Offline Shirley

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 04:26:18 pm »
if so im sure this will get you some publicity that you need!

ill be looking forward to it!

And you should! Since it'll give you an idea of what to expect in the future. Right now though I am practicing dubbing over other animes. It's still not as good yet, so I don't have any videos of it on youtube yet, but I should soon. It's getting much better.

But since this is something of my own writing, it should be much easier to voice act for it.

Also, I apologize for getting back to you so late. I have been busy with both jobs and I don't have too much internet anymore.

Offline Grimwolf

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 06:11:15 pm »
*pats BMU*

sorry mate. I'd give you my role, but I'm looking forward to it myself.

Although to be honest I'd also like the female operator (the one in the pre-alpha) to let the player know that the incoming battleframe is coming at 3 times the normal speed of a Viper.

Offline ShriekStudios

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 02:18:36 am »
If you're interested in voice acting, you should shoot me a message. I can give you pointers and help you along with what part of my role in Sunrider has been all this time, Dialogue editing.

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »
I wouldn't mind voiceacting. Just my mic sucks as I only have the one that comes installed in my laptop. I've never actually done it, as I was only slightly interested, until Tony Oliver himself told me I should look into it as my voice is naturally loud and he believes I may have the talent for it. Just, I don't have much real practice yet, so.....
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Longknight

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 03:51:18 pm »
This is something i would like to try someday, i am been told i have a voice for radio but haven't really looked into it, given time i am not a bad mimic lol

"you don't know the power of the dark side"

Offline AkioKlaus

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 04:47:38 pm »
Personally I think it makes it realistic that random enemy voices and such are done like this.

gives very unique variety.
andmaybegetpopularitygoodasmaincharactersduetoagoodorbadorhillariousdeathshouts
Currently- No good college game design student, too much anime in life
-Ai,doru Daisuki!-

Offline Shirley

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »
I wouldn't mind voiceacting. Just my mic sucks as I only have the one that comes installed in my laptop. I've never actually done it, as I was only slightly interested, until Tony Oliver himself told me I should look into it as my voice is naturally loud and he believes I may have the talent for it. Just, I don't have much real practice yet, so.....

Fascinating...when and where did you meet Tony Oliver? I just had a voice acting workshop with him at Bangzoom. If he likes your voice, try it. It can be difficult, but if you try it a few times and don't enjoy doing it (you will have how your own voice sounds, everyone does, so that does not count as not enjoying it), then I recommend you don't go into the field.

And I would AVOID that mic on yr laptop. It's terrible. But, if you want SOME practice, USE IT.

i am been told i have a voice for radio

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS! There is no actual official voice for radio. What is a "radio" voice is a genuine voice that loves being on radio, loves being like the person in the car when no one is actually present, and a friend to those on the other side of the radio.

A lot of people don't consider themselves as a voice for radio, especially those who are in it RIGHT NOW. They just think they have a voice, and that's all. They never considered themselves as having a voice for radio.

There is a guy who pays a studio every month to go in and go on the radio for 1 hour. He sits down, puts on a voice, and thinks hes doing radio. He's really not. It has to be genuine and sincere. When he walks around, he carry's that voice with him. Its not a good thing since he now has to be that character everywhere he goes.

So, I don't doubt you have a great voice, but be sure it's what YOU want, what YOU love, and YOUR voice.

I tell you this because this is what I have been told.

If someone can talk you out of it, let them. Obviously you can't make it in this business.

But ya know what, if you firmly believe you can do this, that you can stick to it, THEN GO FOR IT! Full Speed Ahead!

I have stuck with it and will CONTINUE! It just takes love and dedication for the field is all!

I believe in you guys!

Offline magnaangemon01

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

Fascinating...when and where did you meet Tony Oliver? I just had a voice acting workshop with him at Bangzoom. If he likes your voice, try it. It can be difficult, but if you try it a few times and don't enjoy doing it (you will have how your own voice sounds, everyone does, so that does not count as not enjoying it), then I recommend you don't go into the field.

And I would AVOID that mic on yr laptop. It's terrible. But, if you want SOME practice, USE IT.

At the 2009 and 2010 Katsucon. I asked him if he could figure out how I could lower my voice and he said he didn't see a problem with that. He said most voice directors would love me. He said I'd have a natural talent for it because of my voice. So, I thought I might try to pursue it. It'll be a while before I can afford an actual mic though.
Space: The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship: Sunrider. It's ongoing mission to release the galaxy from PACT's control. To boldly undertake what no one has done before.

Offline Longknight

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback , that's really sound advise and i never looked at it that way, i guess i consider myself a mimic more than anything else when it comes to what i can do with my voice. I used to copy the voices of Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan and Harry Secombe off the radio show the Goon show. But i really am a child of the movies lol , i like to copy what i believe to be great lines of acting.

Alan Rickman in Diehard
Al Pachino in Scent of a Woman
Christopher Lee and Ian McKellen from The Lord of the Rings
Laurence Fishburne from The Matrix and Cadence
Not to mention Mr James Earl Jones as well as others